PDA

View Full Version : One Piece + FUNimation

Oniken
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news&id=565

Starting Saturday, May 30th at 9:00 p.m. CDT, just one hour after airing in Japan, FUNimation and the consortium will stream the first, free, professionally-produced, accurately English-subtitled "One Piece" series episode beginning with episode 403 via the official One Piece website http://www.onepieceofficial.com followed soon thereafter by FUNimation partner sites.

:eek:

Lucifus
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Well, I just got a hard-on.

That is seriously progress there maties.

Penner
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah i read that too, but that shit aint "available" in my country (or anywhere in europe?) so....meh :P

Carnage
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, I just got a hard-on.

That is seriously progress there maties.

Why are you excited for dub?

Penner
Sun, 05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
It said english-subtitled, not english dubbed ^^

Edit:

Tho it would be impressive if they managed to accurately dub an entire one piece ep and have it up for streaming 1 hour after it aired :P

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
You mean it would be impressive if they did that thing they've been doing with Naruto for months now?

This is good news, especially for Archievers because it's unlikely we'll have to put up with constantly shifting One Piece sub groups anymore. It'll probably be like HorribleSubs is for Naruto, where the same day Naruto comes out, someone gets the company subbed episode and just reposts the thing.

I doubt I'll watch it streaming, but I'll make a point to click the thing everyweek to let them know I'm watching.

Carnage
Sun, 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
It said english-subtitled, not english dubbed ^^

Oh, shit. My bad. This really is good news then.

Kraco
Mon, 05-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah i read that too, but that shit aint "available" in my country (or anywhere in europe?) so....meh :P

If nothing else, at least it should mean less anti-piracy pressure over here if they think nobody in Europe watches the stuff, legally or illegally.

Raven
Mon, 05-18-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm another who gets the "not available in your territory" message.

What a cocktease.

UChessmaster
Mon, 05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
"This content is not available in your territory."

: (

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-18-2009, 10:09 AM
It seems Funimation's stream quality is even more crappier than CrunchyRoll's and Naruto.com so... I hope no horriblesubs for this...

Crappy not available in your country message won't allow me to confirm if their stream is as bad as I've read.

The only good thing of this is if Viz speeds releases the one piece manga. They will be releasing the latest chapter on shounen jump soon. They are currently on Volume 21 out of 53... bleh.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
I climaxed after reading that

Fucking finally One Piece gets a good subber

Now i just hope there's a good group out there to combine quality raws and these subs

Lucifus
Mon, 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
The quality isnt perfect RZ, but its definitely not horrendous. This is without a doubt progress.:cool:

Very nice sub fonts too. Very easy on the eyes.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
The quality isnt perfect RZ, but its definitely not horrendous. This is without a doubt progress.:cool:

Very nice sub fonts too. Very easy on the eyes.

Ah
I see

Thanks for letting me know Lucifus. Though I still can't watch them because of region issues, lol.

itadakimasu
Tue, 05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
That's awesome that they're going to sub and host it on their site for free. They have ep 391 up right now and the quality is good, and I don't have to waste time looking for an episode online or waiting on a sub.

Damn... negative repped for thinking it's cool of them to keep up with current episodes and sub them and stream them for free on their site.

I didn't realize they were 11 eps or so behind, I haven't been keeping up very well.
I also see they're doing this w\ the new Full Metal Alchemist release... but again, they only have it up to episode 5 and this week episode 9 will be out. I know it's nice to have a copy of the ep to watch it again... but I don't see any room to complain if Funimation were to put out subbed episodes immediately after their japanese release.

They must think they have alot more time to play with than they really do... I think it's a great idea but if they dont' do it immediately, by the time they put their episode out; all of the hardcore fans would have already downloaded a fan sub.

Carnage
Sat, 05-30-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

That's pretty funny.

Archangel
Sat, 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
What is?

Im blocked...

Abdula
Sat, 05-30-2009, 05:31 PM
As anime fans know, FUNimation Entertainment planned under the authorization of Toei Animation, Fuji Television, Shueisha for the first ever online simulcast of the series ‘One Piece’ tonight at 9:00 pm CDT., just one hour after its premiere on Japan’s Fuji Television. Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours we have determined that the FUNimation servers were compromised, even though we employ strict security standards. An unknown individual accessed and posted episode 403 online and as a direct result of this illegal act, all U.S. and Canadian fans will be deprived of access to this great anime series for the immediate future. We will use the full extent of our efforts to locate and prosecute the perpetrators and will provide updates in this most serious matter.

Pretty funny.

Archangel
Sat, 05-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Lol

Reminds me of a DB troll

Oniken
Sat, 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I seen 403 was leaked since early yesterday in .flv format, must have got FUNimation into a bit of trouble to not be able to show anything.

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Awesome.
That's what they get for trying to stop fansubs and just air their crappy stream on the US.

Penner
Sat, 05-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Ooh so thats why 403 got released so early, thought it was weird but this explains it :P

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-31-2009, 01:06 AM
So I hit funimation.com tonight hoping to see their first episode and I get that message instead.

Fantastic. Someone pirates the episode early, so in response, they deprive the people who actually went to the place then want them to go of being able to see the episode. Pretty much ensuring that those people NEVER go back to funimation.com to watch One Piece.

Brilliant plan.

vizion
Sun, 05-31-2009, 08:38 AM
i like how they think we are being "deprived" by not being able to view it on their site. i guess i'll have to resort to the same method of getting new one piece episodes as always.

Penner
Sun, 05-31-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah this is one of the dumbest things ive heard in a long time..

"Someone hacked in and stole ep 403!"

"Son of a bitch! Lets punish our legitimate viewers by denying them access to it!"

"Yeah! That'll show em!!"

Awesome tactic is awesome.

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Actually... I believe Toei broke the deal with them.
Because the episode was leaked from Funimation's servers DAYS before it aired in Japan.

I don't care about Funimation anyway. I'm not buying their dvd's anymore either.

Oniken
Mon, 06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.srsfkn.biz/2009/05/30/funimations-servers-were-compromised-right/

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.srsfkn.biz/2009/05/30/funimations-servers-were-compromised-right/

Lol... that is hilarious.
Specially the references they did to ANN. So true so true...

Marik
Tue, 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Funimation to Relaunch One Piece Simulcast on August 29

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-18/funimation-to-relaunch-one-piece-streams-on-saturday

Let's see if they get it right this time.

Archangel
Wed, 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Yay, more lulz for me

I wonder how they'll fuck this up this time

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I hope they fail epic-ly again.

They only want those from USA to watch One Piece subbed? Screw funimation

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-20-2009, 07:06 PM
It's more likely that whoever distributes One Piece in other countries(which wouldn't be Funimation), doesn't want you watching it on Funimation's website.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Not likely.
The mexican dub of One Piece stopped in Logue Town. No episode was ever aired in spanish afterwards.
Oh... and it was aired on Cartoon Network at 4am.

Thus... screw Funi