PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 401

Marik
Sun, 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
ACSF

[ACSF] One Piece 401 HD [720p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64882)

[ACSF] One Piece 401 SD [704x400].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64858) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G7KGY56B)
(http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G7KGY56B)

Assertn
Sun, 05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Woo...quite an action-packed episode. Its interesting...this one seems to embellish more on the rookies' powers than the manga did. I wonder if Oda collaborated on that.

Penner
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
[ACSF] One Piece 401 720p HD version (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64882)

Well damn, cudos to Archangel for totally nailing the whole kuma-pacifistas thing ^^

FUCKING AWESOME EP!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Holy shit! Admiral Kizaru is Robert Downy Jr.'s character from Tropic Thunder!

Epic episode, so many powers revealed!

And yeah, Pacifistas up the ass.

FireEmblem
Mon, 05-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Woo...quite an action-packed episode. Its interesting...this one seems to embellish more on the rookies' powers than the manga did. I wonder if Oda collaborated on that.

That would be awesome if the extra details on their powers is canon. I especially liked what Trafalgar did when he switched Bepo with Jean Bart. That looked so badass.

Raven
Mon, 05-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah, Archy nailed it, who'da thunk it.

Epic episode, things just keep getting more and more exciting. I wonder if these Kuma models are built tougher and more durable than the real one, only without the paw paw power.

Kraco
Mon, 05-18-2009, 03:31 AM
I wonder if these Kuma models are built tougher and more durable than the real one, only without the paw paw power.

Somehow that'd be hard to believe, but then again, One Piece can surprise every now and then. But traditionally clones surely aren't more powerful than the original. Besides, these don't even talk. I'm inclined to think these clone fellows are pretty tough, but then when they crack, they just break apart like robots.

Still, the World government does seem to bring more and more firepower and combat potential into the game time after time, so in the end the rebels will need something terrible to be able to make a stand against it.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Well, Kid clearly doesn't realize that the thing is a cyborg yet or else he's ruin that thing's shit with his magneto powers.

Assertn
Mon, 05-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Somehow that'd be hard to believe, but then again, One Piece can surprise every now and then. But traditionally clones surely aren't more powerful than the original. Besides, these don't even talk. I'm inclined to think these clone fellows are pretty tough, but then when they crack, they just break apart like robots.

They talk....the one that is fighting Law and Kidd said their names.

Kraco
Mon, 05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Even the original Terminator could talk that much... But real Kuma talked more than that. The real one was hardly any epitome of sympathy and empathy either but at least he had a sense of personality, unlike these fellows who indeed feel more like mass produced battle droids.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
[ACSF] One Piece 401 720p HD version (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64882)

Well damn, cudos to Archangel for totally nailing the whole kuma-pacifistas thing ^^

FUCKING AWESOME EP!

Archie reads the manga.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:00 PM

FUCKING AWESOME EP!

Yeah, Archy nailed it, who'da thunk it.

Thank you

Archie reads the manga.

If i did that i'd be posting in the manga thread too you idiot

I throw something like 2 or 3 theories on each One Piece thread so i'm bound to get a couple of wins every now and then by probability alone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignoring the foulmouthed fanboy for now, we learned quite a bit on todays ep:

- Pink girl can change ages at will

- The Godfather has the castle fruit? If the ability works backwards it should be hard as hell to get a hit on him

- The monk can change his size at will? Is that even a fruit ability?

- Drake is like a mini Mihawk

- The blonde dude has a voodoo ability

- As for the admiral, is it too simplistic to assume it's the light fruit from the title? I mean seeing as there is a darkness fruit it's safe to assume the oposite should exist right?

Kickass episode nonetheless, keep them coming

Assertn
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Well you can assume Kizaru is a logia type, just like Aoukiji...in which case it would probably be something elemental, like light.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
How the hell is Luffy supposed to defeat light?

Hell, how is anyone supposed to?

Maybe someone with the mirror fruit ...

Assertn
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:25 PM
or kairoseki :]

It's amazing how few people actually carry that stuff around, considering how useful it is.

Archangel
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:31 PM

It's amazing how few people actually carry that stuff around, considering how useful it is.

It would be kinda dangerous for someone with fruit abilities to carry it around and someone without them usually doesn't stand a chance to even touch the others

Smoker has the right idea, just a little bit at the point of his steel bat to be of use against his enemies but not enough to hurt him

Carnage
Mon, 05-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Is it necessarily hard to find?

Kraco
Tue, 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm still waiting for Zoro to get a katana made out of the stuff. He has no fruit ability but is still getting pretty high on the power scale. With a sword like that, he would become quite an opponent for any fruit user, even logia type.

But maybe he will never get one. After all, it looks like kairoseki only pops up in the story at arbitrary moments when the plot needs it for some specific reason, then it disappears from the world until it's needed again, and everybody forgets it.

Carnage
Tue, 05-19-2009, 06:03 AM
It's usually the Marines' that use it. The only exceptions I can remember are Crocodile's holding cell (of which perhaps he got the kairoseki from the marines) and back in the Skypeia arc when *whats his name with wings* uses it on Enel.

poopdeville
Tue, 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM

Hell, how is anyone supposed to?

Maybe someone with the mirror fruit ...

Mantra to predict what Kizaru is going to do before he does it? Kizaru moves at the speed of light, but he still has human reaction times. It's not enough to win, but it could be enough to stay alive.

Blackbeard is his natural enemy, to be sure.

Archangel
Tue, 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Mantra to predict what Kizaru is going to do before he does it? Kizaru moves at the speed of light, but he still has human reaction times. It's not enough to win, but it could be enough to stay alive.

Blackbeard is his natural enemy, to be sure.

Dude, light travels at 300.000.000 m/s

You don't need mantra, he'll tell you where and how he's gonna hit you and you won't be able to do anything about it

Also, light kills darkness not the other way around. Then again a source of darkness is something unheard of so who knows.

Is it necessarily hard to find?

Well, Vegapunk built whole ship hulls with the thing didn't he?

Sentenal
Tue, 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Black Holes are called "Black Holes" because they even suck in light. So in fact, Light would not beat Black Beard's ability, I wouldn't think.

Archangel
Tue, 05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
That power comes from their gravity pull, it doesn't have anything to do with darkness itself

Carnage
Tue, 05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
But Blackbeard's ability can also take away abilities, such as Ace's fire ability. Therefore Kizaru would have to rely on his physical skills. And I do not think Kizaru moves at the speed of light.

Splash!
Tue, 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
That power comes from their gravity pull, it doesn't have anything to do with darkness itself

Yes.....
Blackbeard's can use his darkness to create gravitational pulls, hence his ability to create black holes. In terms of Devil Fruit abilities, Blackbeard definitely has the upper hand.

Probably explains why he wants to keep his abilities a secret as it would be pretty dangerous for the world government to have that kind of Shichibukai in their ranks, one that could potentially defeat their strongest admiral (yeah, i have the feeling Kizaru's the strongest of the three).

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I have a feeling that the last admiral revealed will be the strongest.

Kraco
Wed, 05-20-2009, 12:52 AM
You don't need mantra, he'll tell you where and how he's gonna hit you and you won't be able to do anything about it

You aren't able to dodge bullets either, in RL, but if the gunman doesn't shoot at you, but 10 cm to your left, you don't need to "dodge" it anymore. The same goes for Kizaru. Just like poopdeville said. But of course in reality this voodoo captain just transferred the damage to his crew members, it seems, so he didn't actually dodge it.

And just look at Kizaru's face, listen to his speech, and look at his behavior. If I have ever seen a serious drug addict in anime, he's definitely one. Doesn't look like a man who would be worth really much if you take away his instant hit'n'kill laser attacks.

Carnage
Wed, 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a feeling that the last admiral revealed will be the strongest.

Wait, what position does Sengoku hold?

Splash!
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Sengoku is a Fleet Admiral, which is a higher rank, not just another admiral.

poopdeville
Wed, 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM

Duel on Banaro Island:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/05/

You aren't able to dodge bullets either, in RL, but if the gunman doesn't shoot at you, but 10 cm to your left, you don't need to "dodge" it anymore. The same goes for Kizaru. Just like poopdeville said. But of course in reality this voodoo captain just transferred the damage to his crew members, it seems, so he didn't actually dodge it.

On the other hand, we saw Luffy dodge Kuma's laser palm attack this episode, since he presumably predicted an attack coming as Kuma raised his hand to aim. By the time Kuma shot, Luffy was out of the "crosshairs."

But yeah, you got my meaning.

TwisT
Thu, 05-21-2009, 04:45 AM
Well his darkness is gravity. And gravity pulls things in. And if Blackbeard is the source or center of that gravity that means it's useless against Kizaru's attack. His "Darkness" doesn't kill the light. It pulls it in. So basically he would guarantee that the Light hits him. We saw this in his fight against Ace and he even explained that when Ace shot the fire at him.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/11/

So Kizaru would win before the fight even started.

Also Blackbeard's "Gravity Pull" has to be aimed. So all Kizaru would have to do is move at the speed of light and place himself behind Blackbeard. And it's not like the human eye can even see something moving at the speed of light. So Blackbeard would just stand there all confused and wonder where he went. Followed by a speed of light-kick to the head. Or a laserbeam to his back. And if he wouldn't get knocked out from that Kizaru could just move out of the way before Blackbeard has even turned around to face the direction he was just attacked from. And then Kizaru could just repeat everything over and over until Blackbeard was a lifeless lump of meat.

Also Mantra would be useless against Kizaru. Because Mantra didn't read the mind of the person but their movement and sound of the body. So if i was gonna throw a kick a Mantra user would read my movement and the sound of my muscles and know that i was gonna kick. Well in Kizaru's case once that has started happening it's over. It would be like instead of, "Oh i can hear his body beginning to throw a kick *dodging*" it would be, "Oh i c---*BOOOOM*". At least in theory. This is a manga/anime after all and laws of physics don't really apply.

Kraco
Thu, 05-21-2009, 05:26 AM
It would be like instead of, "Oh i can hear his body beginning to throw a kick *dodging*" it would be, "Oh i c---*BOOOOM*". At least in theory. This is a manga/anime after all and laws of physics don't really apply.

There's no theory like that. He needed to point his finger to shoot a laser beam at that direction. You just make sure you aren't where the finger is pointing. You can't dodge a laser beam but you can dodge the mind and muscles moving the finger to point at some direction. This is what I was saying earlier. Of course it should get considerably harder over time, but considering Kizaru's heavy drug user looks, it might not be so hard after all.

Archangel
Thu, 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Duel on Banaro Island:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/05/

I stand corrected

Also Mantra would be useless against Kizaru. Because Mantra didn't read the mind of the person but their movement and sound of the body.

This is just untrue

I remember several times times when the priests told us what the straw hats next move was gonna be even before they made a move

TwisT
Thu, 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Well i think i remember they explaining several times or hinted on how mantra worked and every time it it had to do with sounds. The little girl with the Shandra people that could use mantra referred to people as sounds, saying things like that first there was two sounds battling and then one sound disappeared referring to that one had been killed (guessing she meant she couldn't hear the heartbeats anymore perhaps?). I i have a vague memory of enel explaining to Nami that his ligningpower enhanced his mantra ability so instead of just hearing everything in the area like the priests he could actually hear everything in the entire country (the reason why people was so afraid to say anything bad about "god" because he would punish you since he could hear them). And i think the "old god" (forgot his name but the old dud with the pink shapeshifting horse) explained it too on the boat to Nami, Sanji and Usopp before Enel confronted them.

Gonna see if i can find the chapters for it when i get the time.

EDIT: Aisa: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/251/02/

Gan Fall explaining Mantra: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/257/07/

Enel referring to people as "voices": http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/264/17/

Enel explaining to Nami about his godlike mantra: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/278/02/

Abdula
Thu, 05-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Well his darkness is gravity. And gravity pulls things in. And if Blackbeard is the source or center of that gravity that means it's useless against Kizaru's attack. His "Darkness" doesn't kill the light. It pulls it in. So basically he would guarantee that the Light hits him. We saw this in his fight against Ace and he even explained that when Ace shot the fire at him.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/11/

So Kizaru would win before the fight even started.
You'll have to explain that one a bit more because I don't see how any of that guarantees an instant victory for Kizaru.

Also Blackbeard's "Gravity Pull" has to be aimed. So all Kizaru would have to do is move at the speed of light and place himself behind Blackbeard. And it's not like the human eye can even see something moving at the speed of light. So Blackbeard would just stand there all confused and wonder where he went. Followed by a speed of light-kick to the head. Or a laserbeam to his back. And if he wouldn't get knocked out from that Kizaru could just move out of the way before Blackbeard has even turned around to face the direction he was just attacked from. And then Kizaru could just repeat everything over and over until Blackbeard was a lifeless lump of meat.
You make it seem as if Blackbeard's power is so easy to avoid. I seem to remember Blackbeard being able to easily swallow up a whole town. I thought what he said about not aiming for Ace didn't mean that he needed to be specifically aiming for someone for his power to affect them but rather he was specifically avoiding pulling Ace in, to demonstrate his power. From these pics here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/06-07/) and here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/04/) it would seem that as one would expect from someone who can create a source of gravity that it pulls in everything within its range regardless of direction.

Oh and I think anyone with any common sense, would know not to get close to Blackbeard. I doubt Kizaru would be using any direct attacks seeing as the moment he touches Blackbeard he would lose his fruit abilities. Just like Blackbeard said in the link you posted, the darkness leeches the ability user's power right out of them so getting close to him is a really bad idea, so no kicks to the head. Besides as we saw before Blackbeard can and is prepared to take some serious damage so I doubt attacks like that would faze him.

Anyway I think you are seriously underestimating Blackbeard. The man said he basically spent all his life searching for that fruit so I doubt he would lose simply because his opponent was his natural enemy. Logically one would think they would be evenly matched but based on what I've seen so far I think Kizaru would be the one afraid of the darkness and not the other way around.

Hopefully we might get to see them face off one day.

Assertn
Thu, 05-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Blackbeard's confidence in his ability speaks volumes about what he is capable of. He selectively chose to eat the darkness fruit because, after extended research, he decided that it would be the most tactically superior power to have. It was the ONLY fruit he was interested in, if he were to obtain any fruit powers at all.

Above all else, he was especially proud of its power over all other logia types.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Sengoku is a Fleet Admiral, which is a higher rank, not just another admiral.Yeah, Shounen logic dictates that guy has to be a super-ultra-mega badass. But he gives off this impression that he got the job because he's a good bureaucrat.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 05-21-2009, 11:56 PM

Wrap himself in mirrors? Or more interesting, put a prism in front of Kizaru and see if he splits into the Rainbow colors haha.

Carnage
Fri, 05-22-2009, 08:58 AM
But he gives off this impression that he got the job because he's a good bureaucrat.

I agree, but $10 says we'll all be shitting bricks when he turns out to be the most powerful person in the entire Navy. I'm also calling his goat being a zoan fruit fighter.