PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 399

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 05:36 AM
[KubuSubs] One Piece 399 [1280x720].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=62416)

Edit:

So that chained "brute" thing was a pirate captain.. wonder what his bounty is.

Now Kuma is there aswell, and about to fight Law+Kidd at the same time, that will be interesting ;P

Also, from the looks of the preview we might get more backstory on Silvers and his Gold Roger days, and get to see how the Strawhats react to all that, awesome!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Holy Super Awesome McKickass!

That episode was totally off the chain! Watching the 3 captains kick everyones ass!

Plus Kuma is back in the series already!

Kraco
Mon, 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM
I wasn't expecting Kuma to suddenly appear, but I'm not certainly negatively surprised. Might become an interesting battle.

I suppose this will leave the admiral for Luffy to defeat. Surely he must appear somewhere to do something.

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Sure Luffy is crazy strong but i don't think he's at admiral level strength just yet.. but this is one piece, you never know wtf might happen, wich is awesome!

Kraco
Mon, 05-04-2009, 04:19 PM
There are more ways to beat someone than just through sheer strength. It could be just enough to let them escape, for example. I suppose it'd depend on how big a battle they want to build out of it. That is, whether there's time and need for Luffy to really rise up to beating an admiral.

Raven
Tue, 05-05-2009, 02:49 AM
It's nice to see Kuma again so soon, and I like the fact that he's facing two captains who rival Luffy for strength, should be entertaining. I really can't see how Kuma could ever be beaten by anyone in the story so far though, unless they had some kind of machine manipulation fruit power or something, seeing he's a cyborg.

Tyreal
Tue, 05-05-2009, 03:07 AM
I really can't see how Kuma could ever be beaten by anyone in the story so far though, unless they had some kind of machine manipulation fruit power or something, seeing he's a cyborg.

From the looks of it Kid has some sort of magnetic based fruit so if Kuma has large quantities of magnetic metal in him then he is completely screwed. So it's possible that Kuma is going to be completely out matched.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-05-2009, 07:37 AM
That makes total sense.

Plus Law can just take Kuma apart with his fruit.

Archangel
Tue, 05-05-2009, 08:38 AM
That would be true if all he had going for him was his cyber powers, but you guys are completely forgetting about the paw paw fruit

And even that awesome display of power i still believe we haven't all that fruit is capable of

Assertn
Tue, 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Somewhat irrelevant, but I just wanted to share this pic, cause it's awesome and was thrown into the latest chapter

http://img.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000176812/00.jpg

Enjoy

Archangel
Wed, 05-06-2009, 04:16 AM
That's pretty awesome indeed

I was worried the whole 11 supernovas concept would be overlooked due to the recent developments but i'm happy to see that they'll still be an important part of the story in the future

Penner
Wed, 05-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Awesome, it is.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I wasn't really expecting a throwdown between the supernovas this arc, I fully expected that they were just being introduced now and were going to be commonly recurring characters in the New World.

poopdeville
Wed, 05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Kuma was like OM-PEW. What was up with the laser breath? Paw-Paw with his tongue?

Penner
Wed, 05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Kuma was like OM-PEW. What was up with the laser breath? Paw-Paw with his tongue?

Hahah that just now reminded me of those images that was floating around 4chan and various other places with "IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZEEER"

Seriously, i just lol'd :D

Raven
Wed, 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Seems like a pretty standard ability for a cyborg, to me. :)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Kuma was like OM-PEW. What was up with the laser breath? Paw-Paw with his tongue?Did you miss the end of the Thriller Bark arc? He's a robot. He has a laser cannon in his mouth.

Archangel
Thu, 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I've actually had something in mind for a while

We know that Kuma is a part of a series of cyborgs called "pacifistas" and so far he's only exhibited his robotic powers and none of the ones given to him by the paw paw fruit

So here's a thought, the one facing Kidd and Law isn't really Kuma but another cyborg of the series.

Assertn
Thu, 05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
The difference between being a cyborg and a robot, however, is that a cyborg is someone who used to be human. Despite being hardcore modified, I'm sure the Kuma we know now still looks exactly the same as he did before he became a schichibukai.

poopdeville
Thu, 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Did you miss the end of the Thriller Bark arc? He's a robot. He has a laser cannon in his mouth.

I saw it, and it was freaky then too. Mostly I wanted to say OM-PEW though.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
The scene right at the end shows Kuma taking off his glove, which one assumes is to use his Paw.

Archangel
Fri, 05-08-2009, 02:43 AM
You're right

Oh well, it was a fun little theory

Sentenal
Sat, 05-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I think its possible that it was another "Pacifista", because
1.) We really only know that Pacifistas are Cyborgs, and nothing else
2.) Kuma didn't have his Bible