PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 398

Penner
Sun, 04-26-2009, 01:07 PM
[KubuSubs] One Piece 398 [1280x720].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=60929)

Edit:
Ooh over 200 posts, gogo Chuunin rank lol

Kraco
Sun, 04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Trafalgar Law certainly had a strange fruit ability. Produced a funny comedic effect, though, with the loose head and will even more so in the next ep apparently.

The three captains presented grand noncooperation for sure. I wonder if they need to try some team work against the admiral.

Penner
Sun, 04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
yeah Law's ability seems really weird, but he has a fucking huge katana, wich is awesome!

And the next ep is going to be CRAZYPANTS!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-27-2009, 01:10 AM
So, Kid is Magneto eh...that's interesting, although I don't think it would help him much in a fight against Luffy.

And Law...I don't even know what he did.

Tyreal
Mon, 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
And Law...I don't even know what he did.

I have to agree here. Law and Kid said Luffy's ability was the wierdest but I think Law's is the wierdest by far.

Penner
Mon, 04-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Indeed, at first glance i thought wtf did he just decapitate and kill that dude, just like that?

Then the head started talking and shit...wtf?

Wonder if that is like permanent so they keep living as heads or if they are just alive as long as Law has his ability "activated" and when he deactivates it everyone affected dies?

Anyway, will be interesting to see how that works.

Assertn
Mon, 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Law's ability kinda reminds me of the door fruit, which allowed Blueno to send sections of Luffy's head spinning around in different directions, yet didn't hurt him.

Xyrox
Mon, 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah that was weird, I wonder what the fruit is called. It seems like he first created that circle, cut off dude's head and switched place between the head and a cannonball flying at him (?).

It also reminded my of Buggy's ability (I think that was his name; haven't heard anything from him in a long time), but this is by far creepier.

boilerph
Mon, 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking that since "room" was his starting atttack it's going to be something silly like the decoration or rearrange fruit and it's just like he's moving furniture around a house.

poopdeville
Mon, 04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Buggy's fruit is the Bara Bara no Mi (Split Split Fruit).

Xyrox
Mon, 04-27-2009, 06:44 PM
poopdeville: I know, but you have to admit that they look familiar (though Law can split other people..). boilerph's theory actually sounds pretty good, but I don't get how he cut the head from that distance. Looked like he used his katana, though.

Raven
Tue, 04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Seems like he can swap objects of roughly the same size within his bubble (or simply split/separate them), but the objects or any relating objects are not harmed. So he could pull you to pieces and keep you separate but you'd still be alive. That's my take on it anyway.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Unless you did something to it of course. That could be pretty awesome.

I have in my hand...an apple!

Now I have in my hand...your heart!

*stab heart*

Kalima!

Archangel
Tue, 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking that since "room" was his starting atttack it's going to be something silly like the decoration or rearrange fruit and it's just like he's moving furniture around a house.

The feng shui fruit? :confused:

boilerph
Wed, 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
The feng shui fruit? :confused:
Haha, exactly. I think the Marine's head really improved the positive energies flowing into Law when it was in his hand ;)

poopdeville
Thu, 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM
poopdeville: I know, but you have to admit that they look familiar (though Law can split other people..). boilerph's theory actually sounds pretty good, but I don't get how he cut the head from that distance. Looked like he used his katana, though.

Yes, especially the headless marine part of it.

I think it's plausible that the "Room" name refers to the fact that the bubble was room-sized. He could have bigger bubbles he can re-arrange stuff in. In this case, it's more like Kuma's fruit.

I think he teleported the edge of his katana to slice through the Marine's neck. But then the marine should have died. He didn't, which might be because of Law's power. Or just that Oda/the animators didn't want to graphically kill a marine.

Also, Trafalgar Law is "The Dark Doctor". Maybe the "room" is an operating room.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-30-2009, 04:50 PM
The head wouldn't still be talking and whatnot if he'd actually cut it off, censorship or no.

Tyreal
Fri, 05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Or just that Oda/the animators didn't want to graphically kill a marine.

This isn't the case since the head was still talking in the manga as well.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
To be fair, we did see Crocodile killed all of those pirates with his sand power at the beginning of the arabasta arc.

Assertn
Fri, 05-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Too bad fuckin Pell didn't die.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
At this point I really feel that the fact that nobody ever dies really hurts the emotional impact of the show.

Like, your supposed to feel something when Hachi gets shot just now, but you kinda don't because you know he's gonna be fine.

I kinda wanna make a list of the characters that should have died now, but there's so many, it just seems like a monumental task.

Archangel
Sun, 05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Too bad fuckin Pell didn't die.

This pretty much sums up the most monumental fail in One Piece to this date

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I was actually watching my english DVD's and came upon the first of these.

Merry, Kaya's other servant in Usopp's into arc. There's no way Kururo would have allowed him to live, and he shouldn't have survived the wounds he received anyway and that arc, and the Going Merry being named for him would have been more meaningful if he had.

Carnage
Sun, 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM
This pretty much sums up the most monumental fail in One Piece to this date

I think he remained dead in the manga.

Archangel
Sun, 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I think he remained dead in the manga.

Then i still have a man-crush on Oda :)

Dark Dragon
Sun, 05-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Then i still have a man-crush on Oda :)

Sorry to ruin your fantasies of Oda, but Pell did indeed survived in the manga, it was just a little bit less obvious ( they showed his freaking face in the anime).

Carnage
Sun, 05-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Do you have the page? I don't remember this.

Assertn
Sun, 05-03-2009, 09:42 PM
it might have only been revealed in a chapter cover...but I definitely saw Pell alive in the manga as well.

boilerph
Sun, 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Do you have the page? I don't remember this.

Here you go,

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/11/

Xyrox
Mon, 05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
The Pell grave scene wasn't in the manga? I've wondered for a long time what it was supposed to mean (because of that, I've always thought we would see Pell again in some way).