PDA

View Full Version : TV: Eastbound and Down

Munsu
Sat, 04-25-2009, 02:37 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6702/eastbounddown.jpg

Finally decided to catch this series from HBO, and it's quite awesome. If you like shows like Entourage and Weeds, you should enjoy this.

First season is only 6 episodes, but it has already been renewed for a second season.

Anyone seen it?

Relief Pitcher Kenny Powers was poised to rule the Big Leagues, but two things got in the way: his fading fastball and his insufferable personality. After a spectacular career flame-out, Kenny came home to Shelby County, NC and picked up a job as a substitute gym teacher (mostly so his brother Dustin would stop threatening to kick him out). He's spent every moment since then cashing in the last of his dying fame while plotting his inevitable comeback... one beer at a time.

'Eastbound & Down' is the latest project to come out of Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's comedic goldmine Gary Sanchez Productions, which also launched FunnyOrDie.com. Starring Danny McBride ('Pineapple Express'), Katy Mixon ('Four Christmases'), John Hawkes ('Deadwood') and a host of other talented comedians, 'Eastbound & Down' was created by McBride along with two friends from film school: Jody Hill and Ben Best. The hilarious new series was shot on location in North Carolina and also includes a few guest appearances by Ferrell as a local car dealer with marvelous hair.

http://www.hbo.com/eastboundanddown/

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Great stuff, no one plays a regular dude like danny mcbride. Already watched the first season twice on demand. Once by myself and once to show my friends, after the first episode they were hooked and we ended up marathon-ing it. The episodes with Will Ferrell were too hilarious for words. Him and Mcbride have some serious chemistry, cant wait for Land of the Lost.

Bud you check out that movie Mcbride did a while back... he's a Karate instructor, cant remember the name but it was the same kinda act. The Foot Fist Way I think...? haha.

Munsu
Fri, 05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Great stuff, no one plays a regular dude like danny mcbride. Already watched the first season twice on demand. Once by myself and once to show my friends, after the first episode they were hooked and we ended up marathon-ing it. The episodes with Will Ferrell were too hilarious for words. Him and Mcbride have some serious chemistry, cant wait for Land of the Lost.

Bud you check out that movie Mcbride did a while back... he's a Karate instructor, cant remember the name but it was the same kinda act. The Foot Fist Way I think...? haha.
I haven't seen it, but I have it downloaded somewhere. Will check it out, hadn't realized that he was the dude from that movie.

And yeah, the scenes with Will were good. I really liked the principal of the school too.

Munsu
Fri, 09-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Well it's been quite a while since the first season aired, about a year and a half... but Kenny Powers is back. Show returns this Sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbekhZ5EKs

More people here need to watch this show.

Munsu
Thu, 09-30-2010, 07:51 PM
So, no one watches this series here?

Just watched the first episode of the second season and it was great.