PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Inglourious Basterds

Yukimura
Wed, 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
NOTE: The title is supposed to be spelled wrong!

I just saw the trailer for this and just had to share it. This is Quentin Tarintino's latest work, apparently written even before Kill Bill.

Basic Summary: In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as “The Basterds” are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis.

Trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/11990378/standardformat/)

Apparently Brad Pit really has a thing for German scalps (see also Legends of the Fall)

Sapphire
Wed, 04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I totally want to see this, not because it's a war movie and lots of blood is ensured, but because TARINTINO IS FREAKIN AWESOME. Okay fine, the blood too. I haven't found one Tarintino movie unenjoyable yet. My favorite Tarintino film has to be From Dusk till Dawn... followed by Kill Bill.

Penner
Wed, 04-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Tarantino is the shit y0!

Pandadice
Fri, 08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
daaaang! i saw this movie like a week ago, and it is awesome!

it was just such a fantastic film. i haven't seen any tarantino other than reservoir dogs and kill bill, so i wasn't really aware of his "style", but i definitely liked the style of this movie.

man! it has so many awesome lines that i still find myself quoting, and thinking of new ones to quote.

"you get that for killing jews?"
"no. bravery"
*bash!*

"when i kill that guy you've got 10 seconds to get from here to that guy. can you do it?"
"well i've got to"

"Arreevadurchi"

xD

"and he speaks third most"
"i don't speak any"
"exactly, third most"

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 08-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Jus saw this, and it was pure awesomeness.
I liked the part with the negro being the best operator. It felt so familiar. :p

Raven
Tue, 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Brilliant. Films in general don't get much better than this.

Is it just me, or is all the dialogue written by QT in all his movies insanely good? Reservoir Dogs in particular comes to mind.

The one complaint I had: Brad Pitt should not have attempted that accent. Fail.

Pandadice
Tue, 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
wait, which accent? the Tennessee one, or the Italian one?

Raven
Tue, 09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
The Tennessee one. At least the Italian one was deliberate as part of the plot, and was meant to be bad.
It got to the point where he actually tried the southern one a bit TOO hard and half his line was lost. I personally wasn't impressed. Then again I've heard people say it was brilliant, so go figure.

Vegechan
Thu, 09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
For a movie called "Inglorious Bastards" there wasn't enough of the Inglorious Bastards.

The Chancellor
Fri, 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
The Tennessee one. At least the Italian one was deliberate as part of the plot, and was meant to be bad.
Well most people don't know that he naturally had one back in the day. He's from Missouri after all.

Sapphire
Fri, 09-04-2009, 07:12 PM
For a movie called "Inglorious Bastards" there wasn't enough of the Inglorious Bastards.
Agreed!!!!!

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I think my favorite part wasn't strictly the Basterds, but actually the bar scene with the Gestapo major. There was just a tremendous level of tension in that scene. It felt like the whole place was going to explode into violence a number of times before it eventually did.

itadakimasu
Sat, 09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
I thought it was a good movie... I was sad that the Jew Bear died : ( but he did turn hitler into swiss cheese before biting it

All around awesome movie though.

Pandadice
Sun, 09-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I think my favorite part wasn't strictly the Basterds, but actually the bar scene with the Gestapo major. There was just a tremendous level of tension in that scene. It felt like the whole place was going to explode into violence a number of times before it eventually did.

dude, i got that exact same feeling there, and at the end, and at pretty much every scene in the movie! it was such a great film.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
I absolute adored Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa. Every scene he was in I ended up at the edge of my seat. Brilliant acting!

Raven
Mon, 09-07-2009, 02:08 AM
You're right. There was real tension there. In fact, the whole movie had great, nail-biting tension. Especially every scene with Hans - you were just waiting for him to say/do something unusual at any given time and he never disappointed.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 09-11-2009, 07:01 AM
The acting was great, and the dialogue for the script was really well written. The wholeee plot though I dont know, the scenes started dragging along....I blame the jew hunter. As good as he was in this movie I get tired of the all knowing perfect detective roles. I agree with the rest of you not enough bastards in it.

I still cant believe the british spy girl didnt kick him in the face when she had the chance or at least hit him with the shoe when you KNEW HE KNEW. THAT was dumb...

A lot of the twists I didnt enjoy that much, but when the girl gets shot in the projector room... damn. I was pretty shocked, at first I was pissed she didnt get to see it all come together but it did work well with the feel of the movie. The end was great with the machine guns, even tho I wanted to see the bastards walk out the front after the bombs went off I knew it wasnt about to happen.