PDA

View Full Version : TV: Caprica

Assassin
Tue, 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
From Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of Battle Star Galactica, comes the series all BSG fans have been waiting for. And it seems pretty damn good from what i can tell.

Saw the first ep last nite. It starts off with nudity, violence and drugs. I was rather shocked to see naked chicks making out with each other in the opening scenes. But it seems like the show is meant for an older audience, so i can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Interesting premise too...seems like a lead up to the cylon war and introduces the idea of 'the one true god' and shows how it came to be.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Penner
Tue, 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
wtf this is out already? thanks for the reminder, downloading the pilot right now :P

animus
Thu, 04-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Seemed interesting so I watched it. Never watched BSG, so I really feel like I'm missing out on a ton of references. Maybe I should get on that.

poopdeville
Tue, 04-21-2009, 01:58 AM
This show has potential. Wasn't Balthar from the same planet as the Adams'?

Munsu
Sat, 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Show started last night, anyone watch it? I still need to finish BSG, so I haven't checked it out yet.

Sapphire
Sun, 01-24-2010, 02:10 AM
I have no BSG knowledge whatsoever. Well a little bit vaguely about the premise, so not really. So with no preconceptions, I watched the two pilot eps of this on Hulu.

The CGI wasn't OMGGOMOGMOGM but it was slightly better than most on TV. The technological concepts were very interesting like the holographs and the computer paper things. The acting was pretty terrible IMO, but I sort of expect that if it's on the SyFy channel. Well it was mostly the kids who were horrible (cept the little boy) the adults were nice. I don't know what possessed them to pick that long brunette she clearly sucks at acting but whatever. The drasticness of the dad is kind of interesting. The backdrop of multigods vs. one god is pretty interesting too.

One guy mentioned the "fault" of one "allknowing" god. A god who would never have to argue his point to "other" gods. A god who was too powerful. I thought that was pretty interesting because it implies the interactions that the gods of the athenian religion would have. And they weren't shy about tackling questions about copying souls either, and lots of other interesting concepts. So while the acting itself would normally be enough to make me turn my back on the series (the dialogue isn't THAT profound either) the concepts are simply too interesting... for now

Will continue following on Hulu

Sapphire
Sat, 02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
This story is getting to be complex. I think it is worth it if fellow gotwooters pick it up!

Assassin
Sat, 03-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Loving this show...it maintains all the dramatic elements that made BSG so epic. And for some reason, everyone in New Cap City looks so sexy.