PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Complete

Paulyboy
Sun, 04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Seems like they are making another one with more scenes. Seems promising and you actually see Cloud do more of his techniques.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/video/6205455/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-complete-official-trailer-jpn-

Dont know if I should have posted this in the movies section or here.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Hmm, so they're pretty much releasing something akin to an "uncut" version....wonder how much extra footage there'd be though. From the trailer, they're hinting a significant amount.

animus
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Supposedly there's supposed to be a FF13 demo packed in with it or something i hear.

Paulyboy
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Yah comes out Thursday, so we will probably see it by then.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:39 AM
The marketing peoples at square-enix are absolutely brilliant. "Get Advent Children free with your purchase of the FF13 demo" is possibly the best sale pitch they could come up with. This is sure to have everyone who is interested in FF13 but doesn't own the movie to buy it, and at the same time many of the people who already own the movie will buy it just for the demo, pure genius.

LaZie
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Its been done before. They packed the FF12 demo with Dragon Quest 8.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Its been done before. They packed the FF12 demo with Dragon Quest 8.

DQ8 is an excellent game that just didn't quite catch on in the US so that certainly did help sales, but even without the demo DQ8 certainly wouldn't perform too horribly. This, however, is a 4 years old movie that most fan already own and certainly would not sell much at all if the demo wasn't included.

I am curious as to how much extra content is being added to movie though.

Pandadice
Mon, 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
There's supposed to be some OVA or something with this, right?

yeah yeah, this thing (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-03/final-fantasy-vii-denzel-novel-confirmed-to-get-anime).

the Final Fantasy VII spinoff novel On the Way to a Smile Episode: Denzel will be adapted into an anime for the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete release on April 16. The anime will ship as an extra supplement on Advent Children's Blu-ray Disc releases.
this means it's gonna be packed in with Complete, right? wonder if it'll be cgi like the movie or in the same style as Last Order.

darkshadow
Mon, 04-13-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody in here actually knew about it yet, since its pretty ancient news already. But complete should be 20 minutes longer with over 30 minutes of extra features, on the way to a smile is part of that ( and its anime as in drawn ).
Also the FF13 demo was Japan only, but perhaps they changed that( it wasn't mentioned in the latest trailer/commercial).

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Like darkshadow pointed out, this is a very OLD information.

ACC contains almost 30 minutes of new footage.
The Last Order OVA
The On the way to a Smile Denzel Ova

The FF13 demo is just for Japan. The english version will include just a trailer

Pandadice
Mon, 04-13-2009, 10:31 AM
wait, I knew about this already. I read news on this awhile ago. just that the new OVA sounds super interesting and it's the only thing about the release I'm looking forward to/will check out. so I commented on it...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I read news on this awhile ago. just that the new OVA sounds super interesting and it's the only thing about the release I'm looking forward to/will check out.Seriously? You do remeber that Denzel is the little infected kid from AC right?

Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna be REAL interesting...

Anyway, I loved AC. 30 more minutes of that? Awesome.
Its been done before. They packed the FF12 demo with Dragon Quest 8.I must be the only person who bought DQ8 for DQ8 instead of for the FF12 demo.

Man, I'd been dying to play another DW game since the 4th one on the NES(never owned a PS1).

Idealistic
Mon, 04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
More footage, and Blu-ray. Definitely have to get this. I never bought the first one so more reason to buy this one.

Penner
Mon, 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyway, I loved AC. 30 more minutes of that? Awesome.

Totally agree.

I must be the only person who bought DQ8 for DQ8 instead of for the FF12 demo.

I did the same thing, didnt even know there was a FF12 Demo with it :P

DQ8 is an awesome game btw.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I think it's worth it if you own a Blu-ray player.. if they release it in FullHD it'll be awesome..

darkshadow
Thu, 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
The entire point of blu-ray is 1080p video ;P

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM
So I guess its out now. If anyone find a sub, let us know.

Paulyboy
Thu, 04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2512606 Thats if anyone wants to go through the whole process of downloading it right now but it seems you have to register on another site to get it. But its legit though.

Im actually gonna wait till DB , Shinsen or gSS comes out with a torrent.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-23-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2512606 Thats if anyone wants to go through the whole process of downloading it right now but it seems you have to register on another site to get it. But its legit though.

Same, I'll be waiting for that too. Or maybe a release by Thora.The above link is to a 1080p 4.77GB file too, so bad news for those wanting to back it up onto a single-layer DVD, unless you're re-encoding.

Penner
Fri, 04-24-2009, 06:35 AM
also, 4.7gb for a 1080p bluray rip,..... lolwut?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Same, I'll be waiting for that too. Or maybe a release by Thora.The above link is to a 1080p 4.77GB file too, so bad news for those wanting to back it up onto a single-layer DVD, unless you're re-encoding.

I should say too, that that release comes with Jap and Eng audio, but no subs, so the dub-haters would appreciate this, even if it's only 720p yet 6.5GB >.<":

Final_Fantasy_Advent_Children_Complete_(2009)_[720p,BluRay,x264,DTS]_-_THORA (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=60774)

Note: Japanese audio only. English soft-subs included. Thora plans to release a 1080p version later too.

Edit: Apparently the torrent is "invalid" as of time of editing.......

Penner
Sat, 04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Damnit dont even have space for it atm, im downloading stuff faster then i can watch it -.-

Needs moar hd space!

digitalrurouni
Sat, 04-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Damn if the 720p is 6.5 gb I wonder how much the 1080p would be...well over 10 gb I reckon. I am still going to buy it because I have it preordered but I must say I am going to grab the 1080p version for sure!

darkshadow
Sat, 04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
....You guys.. the 720p release is only because, and its clearly labeled to, have the DTS audio track, which is always a seperate track from the video files(dolby and other are included in the video files).

This is an animation which means the video was created digitally, meaning zero noise, meaning a perfect image... or in other words, it doesn't need a huge bitrate to still produce a very nice picture. I think scene rules state that animated features should use a lower bitrate.

So having a 5gb file for a 1080p release isn't odd at all.

Penner
Sun, 04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
i downloaded a 1080p movie that was somewhere above 20gigs...for 1 single file.

Can't remember the name of it but the quality was damn near flawless ;P

digitalrurouni
Sun, 04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
....You guys.. the 720p release is only because, and its clearly labeled to, have the DTS audio track, which is always a seperate track from the video files(dolby and other are included in the video files).

This is an animation which means the video was created digitally, meaning zero noise, meaning a perfect image... or in other words, it doesn't need a huge bitrate to still produce a very nice picture. I think scene rules state that animated features should use a lower bitrate.

So having a 5gb file for a 1080p release isn't odd at all.

I think its a 6.5 gb release for a 720p...not 1080p.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I think its a 6.5 gb release for a 720p...not 1080p.

DS is talking about the 4.7GB 1080p release that was first posted.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
DS is talking about the 4.7GB 1080p release that was first posted.

Oh I got it. My bad :)

EpyonNext
Wed, 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
So for those of you who haven't watched yet and are still thinking about getting this, here are some of the changes:
- Characters in fight scenes are not "picture prefect" they actually get dirty/bruised/bloody
- Most of the additional footage is during the last hour(read: the part with lots of ass kicking)
- The Additional footage changed some of the fight scenes(some significantly) and added a lot of good flavor.

For a Directors Cut, this was way more then I expected. The higher resolution is all well and good, but this, just like AC its self, is phenomenal.

Paulyboy
Sun, 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I wanted to ask did any of those groups release Advent Children Complete yet? Looked on google but most of it is bs.

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Final_Fantasy_Advent_Children_Complete_(2009)_[720p,BluRay,x264,DTS
]_-_THORA (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=60774)

Final_Fantasy_Advent_Children_Complete_(2009)_[1080p,BluRay,x264,DT
S]_-_THORA (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=62336)

bagandscalpel
Mon, 05-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Feels like FFX: International version all over again. That said, SE isn't the only company at fault for pulling such stunts.

Then again, should I even be complaining? Bought AC back when and left it on my shelf to collect dust after watching the fansubs.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Is it just me or do these torrents not work?

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 09:21 AM
They dont? odd, it worked a while back when i downloaded the 720p version, i still have it on my hd -.-

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Really? Eh, I'll just xdcc it off Thora's bot when I get my connection back.

digitalrurouni
Wed, 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
The 1080p version is going to take a long time to grab off of the torrent *sigh*

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Liked most of the new scenes, most of them filled in spots that made transitions feel less jarring.

"battle damage" was cool too.

And the new Omnislash is even more badass than it was originally.

Board of Command
Fri, 05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
The 720p release was stunning. It totally blew away the DVD version from 4 years ago.

Hawkeye32
Sat, 05-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Have to say of all the game -> full motion picture adaptations I've seen this is still my absolute favorite. The full version is sooo much better than the initial release I can't believe they cut all those scenes.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Lol cut? Dude the original would've originally been only 20 minutes long or so, they only lengthened it because there was demand for a feature length movie.
All the scenes in complete are extra, not cut ones.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
They did it again.

Just finished watching it and quite at loss of words. The fights have become só much better then they already were. The battle damage made the final fight even more epic then it already was.

Maybe it was the extra scenes, or the better translation, but the story became much more clear, the origin of the Geostigma in particular.

Even though I already own the DVD from the first version, I'll definately will be picking up this one.. on Blu-Ray, ofcourse.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
For anyone who downloaded either of Thora's versions, is the video encoded using a variable or fixed bitrate?

Board of Command
Sat, 05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I think H.264 is always VBR.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I think H.264 is always VBR.

Really? Strange that you can still specify an exact output file size then.

Anyway, for anybody wondering, I asked because I'll probably end up re-encoding it to fit on a DVD-5.

Xirix
Sat, 05-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Yonks back when Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children first came out, we got a fair few bad quicksubs of it, and AonE were one of the best to actually take the time and make a quality sub of it in my opinion.

Advent Children Complete has been out for a little while now, and all I can find is BDRips, does anyone know if any fansub group is planning to sub this? I know there's not much new content in it, probably why nobody seems to have shown interest. :/

xtallography
Sat, 05-23-2009, 02:39 AM
All your answers are here...

Board of Command
Sat, 05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Really? Strange that you can still specify an exact output file size then.
Excuse the late response.

You can specify an exact output file size because when you encode, you can specify an "average" bitrate when using VBR. This is not the same as ABR, but it achieves the same thing with regards to file size.

If you watch any H.264 video and watch the input info from FFDShow, you'll see that the input bitrate is constantly changing. Scenes with lots of action or detail have high bitrate, while dull scenes have low bitrate. OP's and ED's generally have the highest bitrates in an anime encode.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Ah, okay. So that's how they do it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, I finally got around to watching it. As said before, 720p made so much difference. I wasn't even aware there was a cat on Red's head when I watched the DVD version.

With all the additional explanation and elaborated fights, it certainly feels more like a movie now, whereas it had more of an OVA feel before. They expected you to have background knowledge.

Another change that I liked was the music. Particularly when the highway motorcycle chase began, it definitely sounded different. I can't remember what or how now, but it made everything more immersive. I felt that it stood out, but at the same time fits right in. Standing out because if its good, and fitting in because it's not jarring, mismatched, nor stealing from the actual fights.

Good stuff.

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, I finally got around to watching it. As said before, 720p made so much difference. I wasn't even aware there was a cat on Red's head when I watched the DVD version.

You didn't notice Cait Sith ?? O_o

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:10 PM

No.

jkljkl

digitalrurouni
Mon, 06-08-2009, 10:22 PM

lol

And yes the music was different. And there were sections where the music that used to be there has been replaced with a new score too. There were a lot of changes overall and the 1080p version just looked staggering.

I am waiting for my Amazon copy to reach me some time this week. I am tempted to have my PS3 shipped from my parent's house in CA to here and putting an order for that new Panasonic 54" Z1 just to watch this bluray again in all its glory! Just incredible!

darkshadow
Sat, 07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3823/pic0013w.jpg

So yeah finally saw it. Thought it was great, not just for the awesome sound and picture quality and not just for the added scenes either, but more that they overhauled the entire movie.
At first I thought this movie was just a re-render of the original at 1080p with added new scenes, but nearly the entire movie is different ( different angles, added detail, different lighting ), which made it feel a lot more like a proper feature film.
I especially loved Bahamut's face now getting smashed open after Cloud smashes him down and ofcourse the redone final battle with Sephiroth, blood ftw.

Also I don't get why this movie is ~pg-13 everywhere, here its rated 6+ >_>.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the new movie was the abundance of "hmm.." or "hmnf.."
Maybe it was in the original too, but I noticed it more this time.

It's like how people use "umm", "okay" or "man" as space-fillers. They're noticeable and annoying when you listen out for them.

digitalrurouni
Sat, 07-18-2009, 10:33 PM
hmm...I must say I did not notice that in the movie...lol