PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 539

Marik
Thu, 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Franky-House

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zxxnydiimmg) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/gj0lpn) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3WS9J1FW) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/01)

Some great info in this chapter. No chapter next week.

Death13a
Thu, 04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
One Piece 539 (http://franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8964)

Get it from Franky's 1000 release.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Great chapter. Although I was kinda expecting Luffy to look a bit different with all those hormones. Lol.

I never expected Ivanov to be a revolutionary. His reaction to Luffy's revelation was great.

Damn... no chapter next week =( noooooo

PS: Seems Marik won the posting of the chapter by mere seconds.

Marik
Thu, 04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I never expected Ivanov to be a revolutionary. His reaction to Luffy's revelation was great.

Yeah, I didn't expect Ivanov to play this big a role in the story. Everything is about to go down and I'm really looking forward to it. I really hope Dragon himself shows up and shows off what kind of power he has, and hopefully he and Luffy meet face to face.

Bummer that there isn't a chapter next week, because this one got me so hyped.

PS: Seems Marik won the posting of the chapter by mere seconds.

heh. I was using a 64 bit browser and it seems that Adobe doesn't have flash for a 64 bit yet. I couldn't upload to mediafire without flash, so I had to go back to 32 bit and start over. That slowed me down.

Assertn
Thu, 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I love the tie-in happening here. I too was surprised to see a lot of action coming from Iva (and any of the others, for that matter). He seemed pretty adamant about staying at his new kingdom and doing his own thing, but tying him to the revolutionaries is much more exciting, and seems to suit him well. It makes sense to pull Dragon back into the series at this point -- I hope we get to see more action from him soon.

poopdeville
Thu, 04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
It's nice that Luffy lived, but how is he (or Ivanova) going to take down Magellan? I guess the Death Blink or a variation could do it from a distance. Maybe they'll break Ace's shackles off, and let Ace burn Magellan to death.

Dansetsu
Thu, 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
It makes sense to pull Dragon back into the series at this point -- I hope we get to see more action from him soon. I do too, but how can you justify that? How in the fuck does that make anything close to sense? He should have nothing to do with this war and as far as I'm concerned, besides his rebel forces, he's weak ass. On top of that he's the most back story minor character in the entire series right now. We even know more about Ivankof and his past, and we just met him.

So I'd love to see you justify this Assert. Love to see.

poopdeville
Thu, 04-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I do too, but how can you justify that? How in the fuck does that make anything close to sense? He should have nothing to do with this war and as far as I'm concerned, besides his rebel forces, he's weak ass. On top of that he's the most back story minor character in the entire series right now. We even know more about Ivankof and his past, and we just met him.

Well we know Dragon is the most wanted man in the world. That has to count for something. How weak can he be when he's basically the Pirate King? There's no point in differentiating between Pirates and Revolutionaries. Small time pirates don't care about the law -- that's why they are pirates. Revolutionaries are just pirates with the power to do what they want.

Luffy wants adventure and to fight strong guys. We don't know what Dragon wants, but it seems he wouldn't want his son to die. And it makes sense that supporters of his would end up in Impel Down.

animus
Thu, 04-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I do too, but how can you justify that? How in the fuck does that make anything close to sense? He should have nothing to do with this war and as far as I'm concerned, besides his rebel forces, he's weak ass. On top of that he's the most back story minor character in the entire series right now. We even know more about Ivankof and his past, and we just met him.

Someone's either really butt hurt, or really fails at life.

Dragon might be minor in the sense of development, but he plays a huge role in the grander plot clearly. Why can't he have anything to do with this war? He is a revolutionary after all, against the World Government no less. Whose Whitebeard supposedly fighting? The very same.

Dragon is clearly not weak if it wasn't obvious enough by him being labelled as the World's Most Dangerous/ Wanted Man, and Ivanov's question about what the hell the WG was trying to do capturing Ace.

Assertn
Thu, 04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Uh....Ace is Dragon's son?

Death13a
Thu, 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Dragon was able to pin down Smoker and it seemed he used Haki to suppress Smoker fruit ability or he would have easily escaped. Dragon is at least as powerful as Admiral. And he has followers that are also really strong. We got some development on Dragon in this chapter too. just as southern bird(the one they used to travel to knock up stream) that always point it's head to south, Dragon always points his head to east blue.

FireEmblem
Thu, 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM

Quoting this for emphasis.

That alone is enough. Not to mention the fact that he seems to know Luffy's every move? So it shouldn't be surprising if he knew that Luffy was doing this. He saved Luffy from certain death before too, so he clearly cares about him.

What I don't get is why someone WOULDN'T think that Dragon should be the least bit involved at this point.

Now, if he doesn't directly get involved, it's all good, but it makes perfect sense to incorporate him into the story a little since, yeah, let me quote it again.

Carnage
Thu, 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh come on guys dont let this fucker Dansetsu troll you, jesus you should know better than that.

Tyreal
Fri, 04-10-2009, 04:55 AM
It's nice that Luffy lived, but how is he (or Ivanova) going to take down Magellan?

Best guess is that Luffy will learn to use Haki in order to nullify Magellan's ability. After that they'll break Ace out of prison and Ace (along with most of the other prisoners of Impel Down) will deal with the Marine battleships. In the end Luffy's bounty will go up and he will become even more infamous since he managed to infilltrate Impel Down and free a crap load of prisoners.

Another option for Luffy being able to beat Magellan's ability is that since he has already been exposed to the poisons and been healed he is now immune to Magellan's poison.

Assertn
Fri, 04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I think its a pretty ridiculous oversight of the marines to miss Ace's relationship to Dragon. Garp himself was being careful not to take on Raleigh and Whitebeard at the same time, but surely he of all people should know that Dragon would make an appearance.

poopdeville
Fri, 04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I think its a pretty ridiculous oversight of the marines to miss Ace's relationship to Dragon. Garp himself was being careful not to take on Raleigh and Whitebeard at the same time, but surely he of all people should know that Dragon would make an appearance.

Garp told Luffy to keep his relationship to Dragon a secret. Garp is protecting them.

Assertn
Fri, 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Despite that, Garp still is pursuing his own ideals. He has a vested interest in the well being of the marines, whom he believes is serving to better the world. If he knows that Dragon's presence could tip the scales against the world government, and ultimately collapse their influence, I would imagine he would do something about it.

Tyreal
Sat, 04-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Despite that, Garp still is pursuing his own ideals. He has a vested interest in the well being of the marines, whom he believes is serving to better the world. If he knows that Dragon's presence could tip the scales against the world government, and ultimately collapse their influence, I would imagine he would do something about it.

Not only that but we also know that Shanks will probably end up sidding with White Beard/Luffy/Dragon as well based off of the fact that Shanks stopped one of the other Emporers from stopping White Beard going to war with the Marines. IMO the only thing the marines really have going for them is numbers, and I'm sure everyone is aware that even an infinite amount of faceless and nameless grunts are useless in most Shonen manga/anime.

Dansetsu
Mon, 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I think its a pretty ridiculous oversight of the marines to miss Ace's relationship to Dragon. Well if the almighty AssertN missed it then why can't you cut some slack on the Marines? I mean WTF'S ASSERT!! lol Thats just not fair man.

I don't think it's a big deal. He hates him anyway and Luffy likes him. So whats the big deal about all of this in the first place? Yeah he's his son. I'm more excited about him getting more power houses to his side to help get his brother out and it causing problems for the war. If ace is released, and Luffy manages to get his crew to set him free. That will mess with war. If this stops the war from happening, then that would suck royally. It'd be tough to tell what would happen but so far but I just hope that it doesn't happen.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM
@ Dansetsu: WTF did i just read?

I'm tempted to agree with Carnage that this is some idiotic form of trolling or maybe you should start taking it easy on the drugs.

FireEmblem
Mon, 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Not only that but we also know that Shanks will probably end up sidding with White Beard/Luffy/Dragon as well based off of the fact that Shanks stopped one of the other Emporers from stopping White Beard going to war with the Marines. IMO the only thing the marines really have going for them is numbers, and I'm sure everyone is aware that even an infinite amount of faceless and nameless grunts are useless in most Shonen manga/anime.

Well, the marines aren't all faceless and nameless grunts. It wouldn't be too much to assume that a lot of marines of Captain rank are pretty strong. Considering that Smoker was leagues above Luffy on their first encounter, it wouldn't be too much to make a parallel between Smoker-Luffy and Garp-Roger. Garp was known for cornering Roger many times, and I see Smoker being that thing for Luffy at one point or another.

But aside from Smoker, I assume that yes, other Captains are at least as battle ready as a lot of hardened pirates. Not to mention things that rank higher than Captain.

Munsu
Tue, 04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Great chapter. I had forgotten about Dragon myself... good thing they mentioned him and tied him to this war. I don't know if he'll make an appearance though now that he has been mentioned. I would've thought that the next time he appeared would be by surprise.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Maybe they'll break Ace's shackles off, and let Ace burn Magellan to death.

anybody else notice how many times magellan has commented on the heat?
like here...
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/534/02
kinda like he's melting.
possible foreshadowing?

oh and a few chapters back when bon clay was impersonating hannybal here
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/535/16/
is it possible he touched magellans face?

Tyreal
Fri, 04-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Well, the marines aren't all faceless and nameless grunts. It wouldn't be too much to assume that a lot of marines of Captain rank are pretty strong. Considering that Smoker was leagues above Luffy on their first encounter, it wouldn't be too much to make a parallel between Smoker-Luffy and Garp-Roger. Garp was known for cornering Roger many times, and I see Smoker being that thing for Luffy at one point or another.

But aside from Smoker, I assume that yes, other Captains are at least as battle ready as a lot of hardened pirates. Not to mention things that rank higher than Captain.

I was actually basing my statements off of how Luffy managed to defeat 1000 (or was it several 1000? I can't remember) marines singal handedly at Enis Lobby.

FireEmblem
Fri, 04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah well those marine foot soldiers yes will be cannon fodder and faceless/nameless but it goes without saying that all of those marines with the baseball caps are cannon fodder.

Assertn
Fri, 04-17-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm sure whitebeard has his share of faceless pirates in his crew too.