PDA

View Full Version : Cross Game

Pages : [1] 2

Dark Dragon
Tue, 04-07-2009, 04:08 AM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9527/crossm.jpg

Anidb: Cross Game is the story of Kou Kitamura and the four Tsukishima sisters, Ichiyo, Wakaba, Aoba, and Momiji. The Tsukushima family runs a batting center with an attached coffee shop, and Kou's father runs a neighboring sporting good store. Wakaba and Kou were born on the same day in the same hospital, and have been close friends since childhood—close enough that Wakaba treats Kou as her boyfriend, even though nothing is officially declared. Aoba, who is one year younger than Wakaba and Kou, doesn't like how Kou is "taking" her sister away from her and claims she hates him.

Shiki-subs - Cross Game 01 MKV (http://www.datorrents.com/download/44024--shiki-subs-cross-game-01-1280x720-h264-aac-mkv/)

From the creator of H2 and Touch, the great Adachi Mitsuru.

Wow, that was a great first episode. I didn't expect them to blaze through the entire first volume in 1 episode but it was really well done. The animation is crisp and fluid. SynergySP did a good job with Zettai Karen Children so i have high hopes for this series.

All of the voices match the characters really well, most ended up sounding similar to what i had in my head when i was reading the manga. I didn't expect this series to have great music so i was pleasantly surprise by the ED song. The OP fits the series really well but the ED song really just wowed me since it really adds the mood of that last scene.

Shiki-subs did a pretty good job even though they didn't sub the OP or ED. I didn't notice any glaring mistakes so i'll stick with them unless a really good group decide to pick up this show.

Munsu
Tue, 04-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Great, let me know how it's turning out, and how the subs are. Hopefully I can check it out myself tonight.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
The manga is very good. I left this downloading over night. I'll post my impressions of the animated version later.

EDIT:
Wow... better than I expected. The episode was very powerful, even if they did the whole part 1 in just one episode. Music was fabulous. And even though I already knew what was happening, thanks to the manga, I was almost crying at the end (sue me). The music was very powerful on this scene.

narutosharingan
Tue, 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll be checking this one out. Shiki released an avi version too.

Pandadice
Wed, 04-08-2009, 01:13 AM
(I haven't read the manga)

well, I just watched this, and all I can say is whoa... what an episode. I'm super anticipating the next episode, just to see where it goes from here. powerful is an excellent way of describing it.. that's exactly what the ending was. Powerful.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-08-2009, 07:12 AM
I love this show!

First episode had it all:

Main character shows off awesome skillset
Main character gets a kiss by the most popular chick in the show
Girl exposes their relationship in front of everyone
Love rival appears and has a showdown with our main guy
Adorable love interest dies an emotionally imprinting death, mood caries over through the ED

I'm hooked already, and since I haven't watched a sports anime in a LONG while, it'll be a very refreshing change. But that eldest sister really looked like a guy. I was still thinking she was a guy until I saw the female uniform in the preview. Last time this happened was back all the way with Haku, but the other way around.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
The eldest? Didn't she have long hair? Are you talking about the 2nd youngest Aoba? Now that one I understand.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM
The eldest? Didn't she have long hair? Are you talking about the 2nd youngest Aoba? Now that one I understand.

Umm, the one with a who sprayed the hose and cried while batting in the end. Sounds like Aoba from your description then. (Still learning names here then sorry).

Munsu
Wed, 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
If you enjoy this, try the Touch anime. But as almost all Adachi series, they're all quite similar, but just as enjoyable.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Umm, the one with a who sprayed the hose and cried while batting in the end. Sounds like Aoba from your description then. (Still learning names here then sorry).

Eldest: Ichiyo
Second: Wakaba
Third: Aoba
Last: Momiji

Aoba is a year younger than Koh and Wakaba. A tomboy mind you.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I wanted to check this out, so I downloaded the first volume...and then marathoned 11 more volumes.

I might pass on the anime for now, and catch up later on.

I will say though, that the series definitely gives me that "punch in the gut" feeling. I teared up a couple times too. One more sports series I didn't think I'd be interested in.

Munsu
Wed, 04-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I wanted to check this out, so I downloaded the first volume...and then marathoned 11 more volumes.

I might pass on the anime for now, and catch up later on.

I will say though, that the series definitely gives me that "punch in the gut" feeling. I teared up a couple times too. One more sports series I didn't think I'd be interested in.
This the first Adachi series you've read?

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-09-2009, 03:42 AM
The first one I actually got into, yes. I tried reading H2 or Touch some time ago and I couldn't get too far into it. Perhaps I'll try some more later.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
The first one I actually got into, yes. I tried reading H2 or Touch some time ago and I couldn't get too far into it. Perhaps I'll try some more later.

I recommend Katsu as one of the series that you should try. It's usually not very easy to get into sports series and Adachi's slice-of-life storytelling style will probably bore you early on. This series has a very strong start and Katsu is boxing related so they might the better choices for trying to get used to Adachi's writing style.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow, what a way to start a series. I certainly didn't expect this from what seemed like an old school shounen series at first glance.

PS. Tomatsu Haruka is the voice of Aoba. Excellent.

Marik
Tue, 04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
[Shiki-Subs]​ Cross​ Game​ - 02 (1280x720​ H264-AAC).mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/44226--shiki-subs-cross-game-02-1280x720-h264-aac-mkv)

I watched the first episode of this during the weekend and enjoyed it. The ending almost made me cry though. I've never read the manga, so I wasn't expecting that. I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

Pandadice
Wed, 04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
whoa, I just watched the second episode, and it was so good. when she's like "but you still can't have him". awman, that whole ending was so great.

Marik
Wed, 04-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, no wonder she acts so weird towards Ko. There's so much sexual tension between them. I hope they end up together though.

Pandadice
Wed, 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
yeah, i see them getting together in the end. just, because who else would there be? him never love another girl other than Wakaba? I don't figure that's how it'd end.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Fantastic episode 2. I was wondering how they were going to incorporate so many things from part 1 when they rushed it completely in the fist episode. Nice to see them using those powerful scenes on episode 2.

Comic relief guy introduced. Boring guy. The rest of the episode is great though.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-16-2009, 02:04 AM
This anime is just getting better and better. I wonder if Adachi himself has input on the transition. I hope so, since manga formats usually don't translate well to anime. Adachi is a great storyteller, and his contribution may make the transition positive.

Somehow, I agree that the best adjective for this show right now is powerful, at least the drama parts. The comedy parts are best described as witty, I think.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-16-2009, 03:28 AM
With that training method, wouldn't you....you know...have stocky arms for a girl?

Anyways, another great episode. It's cute and all, but now it kind of feels really bad that Wakaba's words of determined love are what's holding Aoba back (If you believe she's secretly loving him). I think she's internally conflicting herself since she was young, "hating" Ko for stealing his sister's attention all the time, but admiring him at the same time.

And if my eyes aren't fooled, the captain of the baseball team's....that No.1 fighter?

Also, Shiki-subs should really get themselves a QC.

Everon
Fri, 04-17-2009, 12:58 AM
which subbers are you guys watching?

Marik
Fri, 04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I watch Shiki-Subs. They seem to be the only group with episode 2 out.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-17-2009, 01:16 AM
which subbers are you guys watching?

Despite what I said, Shiki subs are watchable, and is also who I'll be sticking with until someone with similar speed picks up. It's mostly things like you're/your and "i" can do something.

narutosharingan
Fri, 04-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Despite what I said, Shiki subs are watchable, and is also who I'll be sticking with until someone with similar speed picks up. It's mostly things like you're/your and "i" can do something.

Those minor typos were annoying me throughout, but the translations themselves were pretty good. I wish they'd spend the extra minutes proofing their typing.

The episode itself was quite good. Aoba seemed as though she wanted to like Ko, though that can always be tricky with the sibling stuff.

Marik
Mon, 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
[Nipponsei] Cross Game OP Single - Summer rain [Kobukuro].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Cross%20Game%20OP%20Single%20-%20Summer%20rain%20%5BKobukuro%5D.zip.torrent)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Its this episode real? I mean... Im stuck at 70% with no seeds. The link at TokyoTosho doesn't link to their blog. And the blog doesn't link to the torrent... plus they were saying they might drop Cross Game because people were stealing their scripts. =/

Dark Dragon
Mon, 04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Shiki-subs does a decent job, but it takes forever to download their torrents.

I can't be the only one with speed problems, it's been stuck at 0-2 active seed since this morning.

edit: RZ beat me to it.

It's possible that this is a fake release, but both of their previous torrents also took forever to download so i'll wait and see.

Marik
Mon, 04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Yup, the ep 3 is fake. It has words all over it. Talking about eXalpha, people uploading to Megaupload, Veoh, and so on.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Lame. And just when the upload arrived at 85%. Just deleted it. Oh well. Thanks Marik.

Marik
Wed, 04-22-2009, 09:53 AM
[Shiki-Subs]​ Cross​ Game​ - 03(1280x720​ H264-AAC).mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/44353--shiki-subs-cross-game-03-1280x720-h264-aac-/)

It's real.

RyougaZell
Wed, 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Very nice episode. Things are being set up nicely for Koh to begin baseball. Aoba was definitely surprised Momiji could keep up with her, even when she shot a ball more strongly than intended. It gives her yet even more proof that what Wakaba told her, all those years ago, could be true.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Datorrent's been down for a few hours....I'll edit if I find another source.

[Shiki-Subs] Cross Game -03(1280x720 H264-AAC) mkv @ mininova (http://www.mininova.org/tor/2514954)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Cross Game ED. Yes, the song that made the first episode that dramatic and powerful.

Koikogarete Mita Yume by Ayaka (http://rapidshare.com/files/221713118/02_Koi_Kogarete_Mita_Yume.mp3)

gos27
Thu, 04-23-2009, 10:57 AM
started watching this not too long ago... its brilliant ! :D

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
[DeSi]_Cross_Game_-_04[XviD_LoReZ].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=61164)

Will wait for HD myself.

Marik
Mon, 04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
[DeSi]_Cross_Game_-_04[XviD_LoReZ].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=61164)

Will wait for HD myself.
There's already an HD version, LoReZ = re-encode of the HD version.

[DeSi]​ Cross​ Game​ -​ 04 [720p H.264][B1DDE4F3].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=61070)

narutosharingan
Tue, 04-28-2009, 01:31 AM
How are their subs? Shiki is really annoying with delayed subtitles at times and poor spelling.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I really distrust groups that begin on episode 4 instead of episode 1... so I'll stick with the annoying Shiki.

Augury
Tue, 04-28-2009, 06:03 PM
How are their subs? Shiki is really annoying with delayed subtitles at times and poor spelling.
I'm usually not too particular on sub timing and spelling - I didn't really notice Shiki's delayed subtitles - but I noticed that DeSi lapses into slang a couple times and has some unnecessary translator comments (ex: he pwned your record). I would stay away from DeSi if speed isn't important for you.

Marik
Tue, 04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, they used pwned. They also had dumb notes like "he's so gonna hit that" and so on.

gos27
Wed, 04-29-2009, 06:36 AM
im on the mjn subs and there so slow at releasing... :(

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-04-2009, 09:24 AM
[Subsmith] Cross Game Episode - 5 (http://anime.fansub.tv/episode.php/10140/Cross_Game/5/)

--------------------------------------------

I was expecting a flustered-upon-waking scene there, but was I in for a pleasant surprise. The episode's full of Aoba's emotional contradictions anyway, so I didn't really need another. Instead, we saw how Ko takes things, and really, he doesn't care.

I liked that. He doesn't have to develop romantic feelings for her now, but it really brings out that he's not really trying to get her attention at all. Aoba's frustrations are all her own fault and no on else's.

The whole "secret weapon" doesn't quite make sense unless they're going for the "you want one of us, you take all of us" bargaining scheme. Otherwise, Ko's training really only benefits himself significantly, hardly becoming "their" secret weapon.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Im tired of waiting for Shiki
Is Central anime good? They are releasing 720p versions. ANBU is doing this series as well, but I think they are doing 400p versions...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM
My favourite scene by far was when Ko grabbed Aoba by the collar when she was being an insensitive jerk. He then immediately follows with a question about the pot, which breaks the awkward atmosphere and proves he is not a whiny jerk while still driving the point home. Great emotional scene.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Im tired of waiting for Shiki
Is Central anime good? They are releasing 720p versions. ANBU is doing this series as well, but I think they are doing 400p versions...

I don't know. I watched SubSmith, and they were fine. Much better than whichever group used "pwned" in episode 4.

And I'm in total agreement with shinta. Ko got the message across, then diffused it right afterwards. Still, Momiji was crying afterwards, wasn't she?

Marik
Sun, 05-10-2009, 02:14 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 06 - Who Are You [720p][FD47CC03].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=63614) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7Z3YF6B)

[SubSmith] Cross Game - 06 - Who Are You [XviD-LoReZ].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=63667)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I wonder if Ko's pitching made Aoba's heart thump?

What I love about the baseball in this series is that it's realistic. No absurd mitt sounds, or special effects (Major?). Just normal, believable baseball.

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Central anime's subbing is excellent. Its a bit slow though, since they just released episode 5. But I don't care having to wait since they are doing such a great job.

Cross Game 1 to 5
Central Anime Episode 1 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2001%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B0E12F3C2%5D.m p4.torrent)
Central Anime Episode 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2002%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BBF23052D%5D.m p4.torrent)
Central Anime Episode 3 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2003%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BD517DA93%5D.m p4.torrent)
Central Anime Episode 4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2004%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B1968AD68%5D.m p4.torrent)
Central Anime Episode 5 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2005%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BA411C59F%5D.m p4.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Man, I love these hate-able bad guys. Ambitious crackling principle who wants to take over the world school, evil henchman who's cold and harsh, plus the snuck-up "daddy's girl wants to be famous" princess. They're hardly original, but for some reason, they get pulled off so well that everything just flows. It gives this show an "old classic" feel without the "old".

Aoba's the cutest hands down, pouting-lips doesn't even come close.

David75
Wed, 05-13-2009, 05:59 AM
For the moment, the only thing that keeps me watching this is the op.
For some reason, I like it so much I do not skip it (as I do most of the time) and even wait for it each week.

Other than that, the show is awfully slow paced to me, and I do not find anything of interrest to me yet. Then there's the very particular (to me?) art.

I think the first images of ep 1 were probably some images for the season finale... that would explain the pace.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-13-2009, 06:53 AM
[Nipponsei] Cross Game ED Single - Koikogarete Mita Yume [Ayaka].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Cross%20Game%20ED%20Single%20-%20Koikogarete%20Mita%20Yume%20%5BAyaka%5D.zip.tor rent)

I've been listening to the version shinta posted since it came out, but it's still nice to grab the whole album (for me anyway)

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-13-2009, 07:17 AM
For the moment, the only thing that keeps me watching this is the op.
For some reason, I like it so much I do not skip it (as I do most of the time) and even wait for it each week.

Other than that, the show is awfully slow paced to me, and I do not find anything of interrest to me yet. Then there's the very particular (to me?) art.

I think the first images of ep 1 were probably some images for the season finale... that would explain the pace.

All Adachi stories have that pace. So far I've read Touch, H2 and Cross Game so I can tell. I haven't seen his other sport series though.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
I actually enjoy the current pacing. It suits the series very well, especially the setting of newly entering senior high. Perhaps when things get tougher towards the grander games I would expect to feel some tension and drive, but for now, I'm quite pleased.

It has a very nostalgic feel, like the anime I watched as a kid.

gos27
Wed, 05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
all of yous seem to be real far into this .. im only on ep 3 .. :(

talk about slow releasing ...

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
What releases are you watching anyway?

Marik
Wed, 05-13-2009, 11:38 PM
In post 43 he said..

im on the mjn subs and there so slow at releasing... :(

They haven't released an ep since May 3rd.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Why stick to that group if they release that slowly?

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
He's probably waiting for them because they scanlate the manga as well.

Myself... I'll stick to Central Anime, even if I have to wait for a week for an episode. Of course... waiting for two weeks or more is overkill, thus I stopped downloading from Shiki.

Marik
Thu, 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Of course... waiting for two weeks or more is overkill, thus I stopped downloading from Shiki.

Give the SubSmith version a try. I like their version more than I ever liked Shiki's.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Weren't them who used pwned on their subs? Besides... I think they didn't do every episode. I don't like having my episodes from multiple subbers :S

narutosharingan
Thu, 05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I also found Central Anime to be good. Don't care for the yellowness, but the translations seem solid.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Weren't them who used pwned on their subs? Besides... I think they didn't do every episode. I don't like having my episodes from multiple subbers :S

Just rename the file name. You'll never know ;).

Anyway, just adding my thoughts that SubSmith are fine.

Marik
Fri, 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Weren't them who used pwned on their subs?

Nah, that was DeSi.

Marik
Sun, 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 07 - It's the Looks [720p][007CC5D0].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64863)

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but a new ep is out.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 07 - It's the Looks [720p][007CC5D0].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=64863)

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but a new ep is out.

No worries dude. Keep them coming :)

I loved how the trio were trading lightly veiled remarks with the coach, or the not-so-subtle insults at the manager. Good to know people can still have an attitude without being impulsive or stupid in anime.

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Central Anime's Cross Game Episode 6 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2006%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B8BA7FAF8%5D.m p4.torrent)

Great episode. Loved Aoba's calm, yet shocked, reaction to Koh's praise over she being cool yet with a bad temper.

Bleh, seems I'll definitely will be off by a week with you guys. But unless SubSmith releases episodes 1 to 3 I won't switch to them.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
About subsmith's ep 7, did anybody else get a graphic glitch somewhere near the beginning? Either the episode was encoded a bit funny, my computer didn't play it right, or the CRC didn't match. I'll go check the hash.

Edit: CRC is fine. Looks like it's one (or both) of the two before.

Marik
Mon, 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I didn't notice anything like that. Could you give the specific time of when it happened?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Start at 5:50 when the old coach comments on the sound. Actual glitch is at 5:52, right when Koh pitches.

Marik
Mon, 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I see it now since you pointed out the time.

http://home.comcast.net/~supergotenks/glitch.png (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/glitch.png)

Yeah! ア アララァ ア アァ!

David75
Tue, 05-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I've had this glitch too, I'm almost sure it was the signal when recorded that had this. So basically that raw had that flaw from the begining.

Other than that, it's really a good thing when they encode at 30 Image Per Second, almost no motion judder.

Marik
Sun, 05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 08 - So Alike [720p][20066C4D].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=65986)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/320.gif

David75
Sun, 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Advertising appeared after the OP in that ep.
Is it an indication the ratings for the show are doing better than planned and it gained enough weight for companies to spend money for having their name associated with it?

Dark Dragon
Mon, 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, Adachi is pretty popular so i see no reason why his series won't get a following. This is his first work in a long time to be animated.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-25-2009, 06:13 AM
I've always wondered, Koh's pretty awesome at batting, starting at a much younger age than when he trained for pitching. He goes to bat occasionally, even if it's for the odd sock that he broke, but it's not even close to getting as much attention as his pitches. I don't think Wakaba ever said anything about liking baseball neither. All she told him was Aoba's training methods... nor did she tell him upfront that he "should" be a pitcher.

It just seems a bit funny to me. It's grown on me enough that I don't find the transition jarring, but without a concrete reason to persuade me, I can't help but think this was all done to set up the traditional pitcher-protagonist vs batter-antagonist rivalry like the countless other baseball series before it.

Despite all that, another good ep. I particularly liked the subtle-yet-not-so-subtle way they're working on this potential romance.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-25-2009, 06:32 AM
That's because the pitcher is the ace of the team. If he simply batted, he wouldn't be a good main character, mainly because he would be sitting down or just standing around 90 percent of the time.

Seriously though. even if he is great at batting, that doesn't mean that he is less talented in pitching. What was hinted at with his batting skill is his athletic ability and baseball sense. It just so happened that he turned out to be an even better pitcher than he is a slugger.

Wakaba didn't tell him directly, but she did tell the thug guy about her dream (the sleeping sort). Koh was the pitcher and the thug was the catcher at Koshien. Koh was made aware of this a few episodes ago. Wakaba also said (to Aoba I think) before that 160km/h, and being the best pitcher in Japan is possible for Koh. I think that is more than enough reason for him to be a pitcher.

David75
Mon, 05-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, Adachi is pretty popular so i see no reason why his series won't get a following. This is his first work in a long time to be animated.

I mentionned it because the advertising only started at ep8, and not from the start. Maybe because the potential had not been anticipated.

Regarding Koh batting/pitching, I guess they want to show he's complete. He will probably become one of the best pitchers in Japan, if not the best, but he'll also be very good at batting, making him an exceptionnal baseball player. Being the cream of the crop is important for a main character in a Shonen Show, probably even more in a sports show.
Am I right?

I'm fairly sure the over confident batting guy will admitt he lost completly when he understand he's beaten both in batting and pitching.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-25-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't think Koh will beat Azuma in batting skills. It'll make him too powerful, and right now, doesn't even seem like his focus.

I suppose him pitching makes more sense now. I actually forgot about the big guy (Takishima? - forgot the names) telling him the dream, which gives Koh the reason to "realise Wakaba's vision".

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-25-2009, 08:29 AM
I've always wondered, Koh's pretty awesome at batting, starting at a much younger age than when he trained for pitching. He goes to bat occasionally, even if it's for the odd sock that he broke, but it's not even close to getting as much attention as his pitches. I don't think Wakaba ever said anything about liking baseball neither. All she told him was Aoba's training methods... nor did she tell him upfront that he "should" be a pitcher.

The 'past' scenes are a little jumbled here since everything is being seen as flashback, but in the manga it was the full first volume.

When Aoba asked Koh why did he had to join baseball he said "because I once saw a very cool pitcher". He was obviously referring to Aoba and a scene from where they were kids. This scene was shown on the 2nd episode I believe. Wakaba afterwards gave Koh Aoba's training method.

David75
Mon, 05-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't think Koh will beat Azuma in batting skills. It'll make him too powerful, and right now, doesn't even seem like his focus.

I suppose him pitching makes more sense now. I actually forgot about the big guy (Takishima? - forgot the names) telling him the dream, which gives Koh the reason to "realise Wakaba's vision".

Well It's true that the guy broke his record. We do not know if it was easy for him to do so, but he did. So he is better than Koh for the moment that is... since Koh is trying to get his record back.
Also, him being more complete (or at least we think it's the case) will be a surprise I guess.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 09 - Let's Do This [720p][1F1283EC].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=67396)

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
For those, like me, waiting for Centrail Anime's version.

Cross Game 07 - Central Anime (1280x720) [2C112707].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2007%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B2C112707%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 08 - Central Anime (1280x720) [42AD1FA6].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2008%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B42AD1FA6%5D.m p4.torrent)

Seems even Azuma was somewhat surprised at Aoba's skill of pitching. So much that he took her seriously, whereas none of the other pitchers on the Varsity team were taken seriously by him. Senda is an idiot.

And on episode 8... I simply loved the reaction everyone had when Koh pitched Aoba at the park. Pure win.

David75
Mon, 06-01-2009, 01:59 AM
For those, like me, waiting for Centrail Anime's version.

Cross Game 07 - Central Anime (1280x720) [2C112707].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2007%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B2C112707%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 08 - Central Anime (1280x720) [42AD1FA6].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2008%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B42AD1FA6%5D.m p4.torrent)

Seems even Azuma was somewhat surprised at Aoba's skill of pitching. So much that he took her seriously, whereas none of the other pitchers on the Varsity team were taken seriously by him. Senda is an idiot.

And on episode 8... I simply loved the reaction everyone had when Koh pitched Aoba at the park. Pure win.
Central anime also provides 30fps encodes, which is a great thing

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Comments on Subsmith EP09:

Seems like Koh isn't exactly the perfect pitching god he was made out to be earlier. Control and endurance seems to be his weakness. I can't tell if that means he's naturally talented, or whether he's just been getting enough training since he was young. I guess when you become elite enough, you can't differentiate between results through talent or results through hard work anymore, since it's no longer exclusive.

Heaps of little things made me smile this episode, and I can't recall them all. The only one that's still in memory is how Koh thew the original plan away by hitting a home run.

His little "revenge" was good to see too.

edit: Oh, that's right, how the four-eyed second baseman knocked Senda out of the way. That was brilliant.

Marik
Sun, 06-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Cross Game 09 - Central Anime (704x400) [1696B9FF].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2009%20-%20Central%20Anime%20%28704x400%29%20%5B1696B9FF%5 D.avi.torrent)
Cross Game 09 - Central Anime (1280x720) [7EB07786].mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2009%20-%20Central%20Anime%20%281280x720%29%20%5B7EB07786% 5D.mp4.torrent)

David75
Sun, 06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Cross Game 09 - Central Anime (704x400) [1696B9FF].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2009%20-%20Central%20Anime%20%28704x400%29%20%5B1696B9FF%5 D.avi.torrent)
Cross Game 09 - Central Anime (1280x720) [7EB07786].mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2009%20-%20Central%20Anime%20%281280x720%29%20%5B7EB07786% 5D.mp4.torrent)

sarted the dl 30 minutes ago and for some reasons it's incredibly slow and with no seeds available... or very slow ones (or/and I'm not connected to them most of the time)

Edit: after a very long DL:

Well that ep should've been epic, or at least be a little hot action wise, but for some reason wasn't all that breathtaking.
Probably because this is just a highschool game and it should be that way.

It was interresting to see Koh experiencing the true difficulties linked to a real game though.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I believe that this episode was part of their plan. Koh was definitely holding back. He didn't throw a ball as the one he pitched to Aoba the previous episode. Towards the end he probably did one as Azuma acknowledged it with his own pitcher. I expect episode 10 to have Koh overwhelming them with his real pitching.

Marik
Sun, 06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 10 - Quit Joking Around [720p][848A1AB8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=68791)

Board of Command
Sun, 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I believe that this episode was part of their plan. Koh was definitely holding back. He didn't throw a ball as the one he pitched to Aoba the previous episode. Towards the end he probably did one as Azuma acknowledged it with his own pitcher. I expect episode 10 to have Koh overwhelming them with his real pitching.
I think it will be the opposite. We're only 9 episodes into the series and it wouldn't make sense for Koh to already be a uber pitcher who overwhelms the elite batters. As hinted by the latter parts of the episode, he's starting to feel the effects of fatigue and they were only a few innings into the game. I expect him to get knocked around, which serves as a learning experience for him. His skills will get recognized by everyone, but he still has a long way to go.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2009, 08:28 PM
But he wasn't really knocked around. Like the guy said, them team managed to only get one point from him, excluding Azuma who has been made out to be a genius batter from the start. If Koh walked Azuma, then they would be far in the lead. They would have also scored due to Koh's efforts on the offensive end if it hadn't been for the three bastards. I think he has been shining bright enough from the beginning.

@RZ - Azuma acknowledged that pitch because it was one of Koh's best yet. That does not mean he was holding back before. It was a fluke, but it does indicate Koh's potential in the future. Being an amateur, Koh still lacks consistency, which is something you build as you stack up on experience.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
But he wasn't really knocked around. Like the guy said, them team managed to only get one point from him, excluding Azuma who has been made out to be a genius batter from the start. If Koh walked Azuma, then they would be far in the lead. They would have also scored due to Koh's efforts on the offensive end if it hadn't been for the three bastards. I think he has been shining bright enough from the beginning.
I've only seen up to episode 9, and from the looks of it, he gets pretty tired near the end and messed up a few pitches already. I fully expect him to get rocked later on.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
How many here are watching CAnime vs Subsmith? Just curious.

Subsmith 10 discussion:
------------------------------------------------

So control and speed together is exhausting aye? I didn't think it would be that much, but now that I think about it, since he naturally pitches fast from all that training at home, pegging them without worry IS rather relaxing.

Koh's got a bit too much pride on his side to let Azuma walk them too, which is awesome. Looks like he gets that Napoleon in the end after all.

I'd so laugh if Aoba decided to cook it personally as a "reward" for winning :p

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
@BoC - sorry about that. I thought you have seen up to the latest episode.

@Buff - Control and power is extremely exhausting, not only mentally but also physically. Just fully flexing your muscles is already hard enough, but using the other muscles for control at the same time is much more difficult.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
@Buff - Control and power is extremely exhausting, not only mentally but also physically. Just fully flexing your muscles is already hard enough, but using the other muscles for control at the same time is much more difficult.

Fair enough. Do experienced pro players pick one or the other at the beginning to save up energy? Or do they usually have enough endurance to keep both at least for the most part.

That tubby manager rocks. She's much more reliable than that blond bitch. I liked how she let Koh vent, but stopped him as soon as we went too far.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Speed and control is rarely an "either or" case. Both suffer as one gets tired. It is just easier to focus on one when fatigue sets in.

Also, I think the main reason Koh was tired is because he is technically pulling punches when he adds precise control to his pitch. Since he focuses on hitting the mark, the speed has to drop accordingly (because he hasn't managed to master both yet), so he is actually using some of his energy holding back instead of doing the pitches naturally.

Augury
Mon, 06-08-2009, 06:23 AM
They keep putting scenes of the cat saying "nyaa" in each episode. It's kind of funny how random it is, but it almost feels like they're giving the voice actor a line so he gets paid.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
They keep putting scenes of the cat saying "nyaa" in each episode. It's kind of funny how random it is, but it almost feels like they're giving the voice actor a line so he gets paid.

Adachi did that on the manga. A lot. Scratch that... too many times. Much more than the anime.

Buff: Central only here.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I like that cat. More often than not it's funny.

Board of Command
Mon, 06-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Currently downloading ep 10.

Does anyone know how long this series is? ANN says 13 episode titles, but I don't think it should be that short. The manga is 14 volumes long and counting.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I hope not.

There's enough manga materials to cover 24-26 episodes worth and end at a great spot in preparation for a 2nd season.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Be happy. It's 51.

Source: http://www.mahou.org/Showtime

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 03:43 AM
OMFG. Thank you for the best news I've had this week.

EDIT: A bit off topic, but I noticed that a lot of the shows I really like this season will be running longer than I expected, particularly Phantom with 26 episodes, and Hanasakeru Seishounen with 39.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Be happy. It's 51.

Excellent find Buff!!

I was really hoping for something like this. Specially seeing previous Adachi anime have had more than 26 episodes. I haven't seen them though... only the manga version.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Be happy. It's 51.

Cool beans.

xentar
Wed, 06-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I guess I'm the only one watching ANBU's releases? Ep 10 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Cross_Game_-_10_%5B9C7D7D97%5D.mkv.torrent)

Someone mentioned that they're releasing in 480p, but Cross Game is an SD anime which is upscaled to HD by the tv station. (aka it's not true HD and all the HD resolution fansub/raw releases are upscales)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I guess I'm the only one watching ANBU's releases? Ep 10 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Cross_Game_-_10_%5B9C7D7D97%5D.mkv.torrent)

Someone mentioned that they're releasing in 480p, but Cross Game is an SD anime which is upscaled to HD by the tv station. (aka it's not true HD and all the HD resolution fansub/raw releases are upscales)

720p releases look very crisp to me. Where did you hear this from? Sometimes different channels will air episodes with varying quality too.

xentar
Wed, 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM
720p releases look very crisp to me. Where did you hear this from? Sometimes different channels will air episodes with varying quality too.

From http://anbudom.net/?p=175

1. The original broadcast format is not true HD but actually an upscale, so we decided to encode into a resolution resembling the original format.

Also there's no HD logo in the corner but I honestly have no clue if that even matters. You can check out the differences yourself at a fansub comparison site
(http://ji-hi.net/crossgame/index.html)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
There may be some truth in that, since there isn't much difference when I stretch ANBU's screenshot to 1280 pixels. It's surprisingly clear, unlike some other upscales I've seen in the past.

xentar
Wed, 06-10-2009, 07:45 PM
i think a few groups *cough* eclipse *cough* are notorious for upscaling SD anime. I guess it's really dependent on the video source and the skill of the encoder.

Well enough random crap, my comment on episode 10 is that i can see the buildup in this episode result in something grand in episode 11, but I can't help but think how similar this is to characters taking 10 episodes to "power up" in Dragonball Z. I was hoping the game would've been finished by now :/

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Has there really been a powerup? Or are you saying that one is coming? So far we've only seen Koh use the skill he's obtained from training at home. He's showing a weakness in his endurance too, which adds a bit of realism. However, if they drop this realism by his suddenly increasing control next episode (because he's gotten a few hours of "experience"), then yeah, that's a pretty shitty powerup.

As for the length, I like it. Mainly because I've been waiting for a game for so long, and that it sort of reflects how long and tiring the game must be for Koh.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
The length of the game is reflected by the development of the characters involved. It isn't just filled with random action (baseball) scenes. Each section that they do show in detail explains something about a character, be it their strengths or weaknesses, or personality.

Marik
Sun, 06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 11 - Quit Smirking [720p][92C90604].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=69937)

Cross Game 10 - Central Anime (1280x720) [E19D684F].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2010%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BE19D684F%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 10 - Central Anime (704x400) [8B2F5FCB].​avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2010%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5B8B2F5FCB%5D.av i.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-17-2009, 12:10 PM
That coach is awesome on so many levels.

Actually, scratch that. He's just awesome, on the awesome level.

Marik
Thu, 06-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Yeah, too bad the acting principal doesn't think he is. Someone with his coaching ability shouldn't be regulated to the farm squad.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Cross Game 11 - Central Anime (1280x720) [9C5B3C37].mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2011%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B9C5B3C37%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 11 - Central Anime (704x400) [6499ECF0].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2011%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5B6499ECF0%5D.av i.torrent)

Azuma looked shocked to miss that hit. He definitely recognizes Koh, as opposed to their idiot Coach. He sees more potential on him than on the rest of his team, aside from Miki at least.

The Old Coach really made me laugh, the way he manipulated Makihara and Senda. Good one.

Some parts of the manga were cut out. But not really important. Momiji convincing customers to have other thing besides Napolitan, in order to save some for Koh. But they added the scene with the Prehab team chatting at the end among themselves, so it was a nice exchange.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM
He was definitely surprised that he fouled when he expected a clean hit. The strike-3 after that though, I'm not so sure. It looked to me like he didn't swing on purpose, like it was a reward for Koh "beating" him.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
To me it seemed that he was still on shock for having miss the previous pitch. So much that he forgot the game was still going on. That is why he said 'he couldn't swing'. Not because he did not see it, but because his mind was somewhere else.

Marik
Sun, 06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game 12 - Have a Match Against Me [720p] [40F8CF72] .mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=71150)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-22-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't care what others say, this cat is so win :D Uber-fast digestive system too. Aoba should get it checked for worms.

narutosharingan
Tue, 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I haven't commented much because I'm using Central anime's subs, so I'm always an episode behind. But this series has been really terrific so far, one of my favorites this season. Does anyone else feel that way?

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I share the feeling (and Im also behind, for I also wait for Central).
I never thought I would like a sports series again. Not since Slam Dunk.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I always loved sports series. I haven't seen many, but there hasn't been one I disliked.

Naturally, this is one of my top 3 this season.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
This is my favorite for this season, and maybe even including a few seasons before. If I hadn't read the manga beforehand, this might be one of my favorite shows of all time. What episode is central on anyway?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-24-2009, 01:40 AM
This is my favorite for this season, and maybe even including a few seasons before. If I hadn't read the manga beforehand, this might be one of my favorite shows of all time. What episode is central on anyway?

They released ep11 a few days ago.

Marik
Wed, 06-24-2009, 04:26 AM
It's one of my favorites this season as well. I'd put it at #4 on my top 5.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-24-2009, 05:19 AM
If this is everyone's favorite, why isn't it getting more discussion? This should be the type of series that not only warrants it, but is also likely to have it due to the nature of the show.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-24-2009, 05:30 AM
I honestly don't think there's terribly much to discuss about though, despite it being so likable. The story's pretty linear without much going on. No one's got some mysterious history to them, and there's only 1 potential romance pairing that's barely going anywhere.

If course, if someone could think of something I missed that's discussion material, I'm all eyes and ears. (not that ears do much good here)

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-24-2009, 08:40 AM
If this is everyone's favorite, why isn't it getting more discussion? This should be the type of series that not only warrants it, but is also likely to have it due to the nature of the show.

The fact that half of the people here wait for Central. We kinda avoid the thread whenever there is a new episode by SubSmith. And whenever we post about Central's version, SubSmith is already releasing the next episode.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
If this is everyone's favorite, why isn't it getting more discussion?

The fact that half of the people here wait for Central. We kinda avoid the thread whenever there is a new episode by SubSmith.

Those who wish to should cast their votes here:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=432564&postcount=119

Marik
Sun, 06-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Cross Game 12 - Central Anime (1280x720) [3EB42119].mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2012%20-%20Central%20Anime%20%281280x720%29%20%5B3EB42119% 5D.mp4.torrent)
Cross Game 12 - Central Anime (704x400) [7EDF0C83].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2012%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5B7EDF0C83%5D.av i.torrent)

[SubSmith] Cross Game - 13 - Summer Camp [720p] [534D0E23].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=72233)

gos27
Sun, 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM
i really like this anime ... :D

anyone know how many eps their making ?...

Marik
Sun, 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
51 episodes

gos27
Sun, 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
that all .. ? :(

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Half of episode 12 was anime-original, but the pacing and characterization were so well done, it seemed as if it originally came from the manga. Nice.

Seems Aoba can't really blame Koh for doing all that for Wakaba.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Half of episode 12 was anime-original, but the pacing and characterization were so well done, it seemed as if it originally came from the manga. Nice.

Seems Aoba can't really blame Koh for doing all that for Wakaba.

Episode 12 comments: Serious? That's hands down the most indistinguishable filler I've seen. If you didn't point it out, I wouldn't have suspected. It makes me smile just knowing that if extra material is needed, this production team can do it right.

Episode 13 comments:
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure hoping this summer lasts a few episodes longer. Aoba looks good in summer clothing, much more so than her winter jumpers that remind you of her tomboyishness more than ever.

That coach really does care for his students, even if they treated him like trash. He was content with helping in the background when needed, but what pissed him off totally was Daimon denying his Farm Team the right to use school facilities. Then he started supporting them for real.

The team might idolise Kou, but if when they make their "In Your Face" comeback against the main team, they have their coach to thank.

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Episode 12 comments: Serious? That's hands down the most indistinguishable filler I've seen. If you didn't point it out, I wouldn't have suspected. It makes me smile just knowing that if extra material is needed, this production team can do it right.

Yes. Everything involving Senda's cousin is anime-original.

David75
Sun, 07-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Cross Game 13 - Central Anime (1280x720) [2DF456FA]​.mp4 346.64MiB (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2013%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B2DF456FA%5D.m p4.torrent)

This torrent is fairly new and there are only 2 slow seeders for now, so the DL speed will be very small for the next 2 or 3 hours I guess, time needed for many people to reach 100% and really start spreading it.

Have fun!

Marik
Sun, 07-05-2009, 07:20 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 14 - Score [B955384B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=73586)

There's a new ending theme, gonna miss the old one.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
The new ending theme's not too bad I think. The bits at the end sounded like the same guys who did Hero's Comeback for Shippuuden.

Episode 14 comments:
------------------------------------------------

I know they're going for a more old-school feel with this show, but almost any choice would have been better than that orange onepiece. I would have said it looked hideous if it wasn't for Aoba wearing it.

There's a nice blue one with an exposed back in the ED that looks great. They better use that design in the next pool/beach ep.

I don't think an orange onepiece would look good on anybody.

Augury
Mon, 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I liked the old ending song better too, but the change in images is nice.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Cross Game 14 - Central Anime (1280x720) [EFA24532].mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2014%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BEFA24532%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 14 - Central Anime (704x400) [64975E7B].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2014%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5B64975E7B%5D.av i.torrent)

A very good episode.
And I liked that they used the manga cover arts for the ending visuals

Marik
Sun, 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 15 - Just Have Fun [7BA0C2EF].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=74661)

Marik
Mon, 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 16 - How Should I Know [720p][F8FE4745].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75722)

lol @ the start of the episode and I'm surprised they covered so much in one episode.

David75
Mon, 07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 16 - How Should I Know [720p][F8FE4745].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=75722)

lol @ the start of the episode and I'm surprised they covered so much in one episode.

They probably need to show us how good they are as highschoolers and how far they go in their tournament for year 2. Then we might have another time leap?

Is it possible they plan having Azuma and Kou in the same team? That would be the obvious choice for an incredible team, but wouldn't be very interresting for the show... even if they can spice things at will.

What I loved too is that the bad guys had 3 stolen base and one stolen home from a highschool girl.
Also they ate a point from a "lower rank" player.
I guess it's harsh for self esteem.
Sorry if I can't describe with better words, I'm not very familiar with baseball.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
The humour was good as always. Sucks that we won't be seeing Aoba in any official tournament though.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-26-2009, 09:08 AM
CA - Episode 15 - SD (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2015%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5B02050801%5D.av i.torrent)|HD (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2015%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B1F5ED4FD%5D.m p4.torrent)
CA - Episode 16 - SD (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2016%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(704x400)%20%5BC17F460F%5D.av i.torrent)|HD (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2016%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B414AB901%5D.m p4.torrent)

Board of Command
Sun, 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
ANBU released up to episode 16. They're probably the best group for this.

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I disagree. Central Anime's version has excellent quality. Even if they take a full week longer than ANBU and SubSmith.

Episode 16 had a nice change of pace. There was no point to have another uber-long game without Azuma and Miki on the opposing team. They just needed to prove a point, and they did. Azuma as well. And thanks to the preview we see he remained behind in order to play alongside Koh.

Marik
Sun, 07-26-2009, 03:31 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 17 - Have It Tough - 720p - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=77097) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQ7I6XVK)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Episode 17 comments:

Just as the first ED had that great episode 1 setting to back it up, I'm really liking the ED2 more and more. The artwork slideshow also keeps me watching it every week, while I tended to skip ED1.

Baseball is a male-only sport, right? It just seemed like they might slot Aoba in there somehow, given her words last episode.

Marik
Sun, 08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 18 - Audition [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=78334) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLT1ISDH)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Still a fairly enjoyable episode, but it felt fillerish. I just don't think I care enough about Rita (or whatever her name is). As her final? episode though, at least she's not totally bitchy and can actually put some effort into doing something, even if it's selfish.

Marik
Mon, 08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Shidou-san is kinda cute when she's not being evil. I wish we could have seen more of her like this.

Poor Aoba, great things seem to happen to people that mimic (steal) her pitching form, too bad she can't play in real games.

The filler girl annoys me greatly, don't know why they even added her. I'd rather they give Ichiyo-san more scenes and a bigger role if they want to do filler.

Marik
Mon, 08-10-2009, 03:41 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 19 - Memories [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=79499) | MegaUplaod (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZ16SZZY)

Marik
Sun, 08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 20 - Asami Mizuki [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=80713) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8D4GJEK)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I love hearing Azuma's one-liners. These episodes consistently funny despite Cross Game not being a comedy show.

EinReB23
Mon, 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM
I chuckled when Koh calls out to Azuma repeatedly. I do that to my friends too just to piss them off.

Nice and funny episode.

Marik
Sun, 08-23-2009, 09:51 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 21 - In Any Case [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=81923) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R9BUUG0)

----

I found the Cross Game ED2 Maxi Single uploading it now

Edit: Here it is on my MediaFire account, enjoy!

SQUAREHOOD - オレンジDays (Cross Game ED2) (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzzmynowg3z)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
That new guy's pretty sharp. I don't want to see him give in until he forces Koh to confess though.

David75
Mon, 08-24-2009, 07:24 AM
I just hope he doesn't die while trekking.
Because we already have 2 people dead with wakaba and an aunt, although we know nothing for the latter.

All in all, love stories are growing at a nice pace.
Too bad there isn't some competition in the sport part of the story, like a strong team they'd need to teach a lesson to.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-24-2009, 07:48 AM
I just hope he doesn't die while trekking.
Because we already have 2 people dead with wakaba and an aunt, although we know nothing for the latter.

All in all, love stories are growing at a nice pace.
Too bad there isn't some competition in the sport part of the story, like a strong team they'd need to teach a lesson to.

I hope that comes relatively soon. They mentioned something about summer before (I'm guessing baseball's a summer game), but I think it was more in reference to the fact that after summer, they'll be in their third and final year, hence no more chances for Azuma to change schools.

Defeating the main team from their school came about much earlier than I had thought. I expected both teams to get into the tournaments, and that their actual match was a deck-out for the regional championship.

Normally I'd cry in frustration at this sort of pacing, not because it feels slow, but from dreading the coming of either a rushed or anti-climatic climax. With a 51 episode schedule though, I feel comfortable letting this roll for a while yet. The games themselves don't actually take that much time, which has its good points.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Cross Game 17 - Central Anime (1280x720) [E0732C41].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2017%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BE0732C41%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 18 - Central Anime (1280x720) [E15C308C].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2018%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BE15C308C%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 19 - Central Anime (1280x720) [6A1544AD].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2019%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B6A1544AD%5D.m p4.torrent)
Cross Game 20 - Central Anime (1280x720) [70A75ABF].​mp4 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2020%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B70A75ABF%5D.m p4.torrent)

Marik
Sun, 08-30-2009, 04:45 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 22 - Looking Down on Us [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=83259) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UG30PM6M)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Before I watched the preview, I thought the focus on the game was over, and was really disappointed Aoba wasn't going to pitch.

After Preview: All good, looking forward to next week.

Marik
Wed, 09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
looking forward to next week.

I'm not. I was hoping the game was only going to last one episode, so I was disappointed to see that it's going to be the focus of the next episode as well.

I did like how Mizuki, was so excited about Kou not coming to the game and then Kou showed up anyway.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Why not? We rarely get to see Aoba pitching seriously, and she is also a primary character in this show. I think she deserves her time in the spotlight.

Marik
Wed, 09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Why not?.
Because, I'd rather see Kou and the Seishu team play against some other schools. So far, we've only seen them play against the main team when the evil coach was there, so I'd like to see how they'd stack up against some schools around their level.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
I'd like to how they'd stack up against some schools around their level.

Didn't they have practice matches against the top 8 regional finalists and wiped the floor with them when Kou pitched seriously?

Now that they have Azuma with them, they'll have to fast forward some cannon-fodder local teams before we see anything tense.

Marik
Wed, 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM
? @ I skipped see. weird.

They were practice games, so we don't know how seriously the other teams were playing either, since they didn't actually show the games.

Marik
Sun, 09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 23 - Turn the Game Around [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=84721) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6ZBB2SF)

Marik
Mon, 09-14-2009, 01:36 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 24 - Don't Give Up [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=85842) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DV2V1K8)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Seishu's offensive seems to have skyrocketed. I want to see how Koh's batting's improved compared to everyone else. He was one of the better ones because he visited the batting center since he was young, but lately all we've seen him do is run and pitch to increase his endurance and technique.

The episode wasn't bad, but the game wasn't as fun to watch because they're a complete pushover.

I would have liked the coach to verbally criticize the players too. It would show us how sharp a coach he is rather than leave it up to "mysterious", as well as individualizing different players more. They did a nice job on one of the guys. If I remember correctly, the home-run hitter was only good for bunting, despite being very good at it.

---------

Central Anime: 21 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2021%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5BA5DF1742%5D.m p4.torrent), 22 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2022%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B24D7FA1B%5D.m p4.torrent), 23 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2023%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B9763BED8%5D.m p4.torrent)

Marik
Mon, 09-14-2009, 08:52 AM
because they're a complete pushover.

Haha, yeah. You know it's bad when the game is called over in the 5th inning. I enjoyed it though, because I've been wanting to see Seishu play against some other schools. Kou was so dominant that even Aoba had to admit it. Hopefully next time they get more of a challenge.

Marik
Thu, 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
[Nipponsei] Cross Game ED2 Single - Orange Days [SQUAREHOOD].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Cross%20Game%20ED2%20Single%20-%20Orange%20Days%20%5BSQUAREHOOD%5D.zip.torrent)

Ehh! Ohh! Ehh!

Marik
Sun, 09-20-2009, 05:31 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 25 - What an Honor [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=86926) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAP8THNN)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-21-2009, 08:56 PM
I got really damn impatient waiting for the game to start. Couldn't the manager at least have gone to gather some data on the opposing team?

---
CA - episode 24 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2024%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B200F6531%5D.m p4.torrent)

David75
Mon, 09-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I got really damn impatient waiting for the game to start. Couldn't the manager at least have gone to gather some data on the opposing team?

---
CA - episode 24 (http://a.scarywater.net/ca/Cross%20Game%2024%20-%20Central%20Anime%20(1280x720)%20%5B200F6531%5D.m p4.torrent)

He probably thinks that Kou and others are strong enough to beat them without such help.
Also, he does that to show weaknesses and so that they really start adressing them.

Marik
Tue, 09-22-2009, 04:08 AM
I got really damn impatient waiting for the game to start.
Yeah, me too. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Sannou does now that Kou has gotten serious. Hopefully they put up more of a challenge than that team from last week. That was a complete joke of a game.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Yeah, me too. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Sannou does now that Kou has gotten serious. Hopefully they put up more of a challenge than that team from last week. That was a complete joke of a game.

Sannou looks like a team that wins via superior information gathering, since they went so far as the "coach/captain with glasses" stereotype. They've hidden their own data, while scouring that of others.

Normally I like games against these sorts of teams, since it really pinpoints the weakness of the team. Sometimes that weakness is focused solely on one person, and presents a great opportunity for character development of said character, exploring why they might have their flaws, and how they overcome it throughout the game.

That is, unless the "information team" doesn't look so annoying and cheap. Their tactics are perfectly valid, but their coach acts like such an asshole it's a pain to watch. It doesn't help that his team is otherwise a piece of shit anyway.

Marik
Sun, 09-27-2009, 03:08 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 26 - I Know [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=87985) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1KH6ZCH)

Marik
Sun, 10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 27 - Yeah [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=89110) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T1KFGPPD)

Augury
Mon, 10-05-2009, 04:31 AM
New animation in the OP, and a new ending too. The production and pacing is done well - its nice to see how things are translating from the manga to the anime.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Aoba going crazy in the crowd was a good sight. Her reaction to being teased afterward should be just as enjoyable, as well as predictable.

Marik
Sun, 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 28 - Let's Finish This [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=90311) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BE4OL717)

David75
Mon, 10-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Is it possible we lose 2 fingers in the same ep?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Is it possible we lose 2 fingers in the same ep?

I think so, given now the preview sounded. He took it right on, and the arm was trembling, try as he might to hide it.

How cool was that though? Kou still won, but he didn't dominate Mishima(?) so they both get to look cool. They also didn't do a direct comparison between him and Asuma but giving the guy walks. Again, without shaming either of them onsreen, they're making Seishu come out on top.

It's a nice touch that a few episodes ago they showed that the running not only increased Kou's stamina, but also his running speed, so much that he's the fastest on the team.

I thought Azuma was some lightning sprinter before he took on his brother's baseball dream in the earlier scene. Turned out, it was only the attention hogger catching with the wrong hand.

David75
Tue, 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I'd hate it he breaks a finger, but I suppose Mishima's batting is very powerful.
I never watch previews.

Regarding Azuma, Kou and Mishima, to me it's pretty clear they are bound to end up in the national team. I wonder if they'll show that before the end of the show.
The only problem is that it seems Mishima is a lot better or gifted than Azuma, even though he is said to lack stamina.

I really liked how they portray the different levels, the guys that are very good as highschool players but will never be able to go higher than that, and the other ones that have the potential to go very high.
Out of the three, I wonder why Mishima knows so clearly he is cut for a much higher level.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd hate it he breaks a finger, but I suppose Mishima's batting is very powerful.
I never watch previews.

Regarding Azuma, Kou and Mishima, to me it's pretty clear they are bound to end up in the national team. I wonder if they'll show that before the end of the show.
The only problem is that it seems Mishima is a lot better or gifted than Azuma, even though he is said to lack stamina.

I thought they said their Cool Ace had low stamina, since the second guy is also a pitcher.

Talking about their pitcher, I don't understand why they use the Cool Ace before him, since he says he's actually better. He didn't seem particularly Rowdy to me, and declined Asuma's challenge when the other guy didn't

Ryou's coach is a dumbass. Not the dumbest of them, but when your highschool team is sharper than you despite your years of experience, you know you're just a coach in name.

David75
Wed, 10-14-2009, 03:03 AM
For some reason, Ryou probably has some "internal political issues" a tad like the "fertilizer" arc for Sheishu I guess.
Also, they probably didn't want to have their unknown aces (jokers?) out before later in the competition. It's just that Seishu is on par with their average team. Or maybe that pitcher and Mishima didn't want to get involved in boring matches because they know they are so good they don't even care.
It's even possible they do not even care about their team progress in the tournament.

But having a super talented pitcher against them teamed with Azuma got them interrested. So they decided to enter the game just for the best part of it, the climax.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Talking about their pitcher, I don't understand why they use the Cool Ace before him, since he says he's actually better. He didn't seem particularly Rowdy to me, and declined Asuma's challenge when the other guy didn't

It is all about seniority. The weaker 4th batter and pitcher are seniors, while the better ones are still juniors. That happens a lot in Japan.

Marik
Sun, 10-18-2009, 07:55 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 29 - Who [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=91606) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OIANXHOR)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-19-2009, 04:02 AM
They lost the game? Damn!

Ah well, better luck next time I guess.

Adult Wakaba? Damn! :cool:

Hopefully this will spice things up relationship-wise. Aoba's been warming up to Koh, but it's all been pretty insignificant so far. It's more admiration that he's pitching so well. Maybe we can finally get the push needed for her to see the man beyond the pitcher.

Maybe the new girl can go out with Akaishi or something later on. He's a good fellow.

Do you think I can climb this pole without equipment?

I don't frigg'n care! - my thoughts exactly ;) I never liked that guy. Don't know why.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Because he is arrogant?

Because he tries too hard to get Aoba's attention?

Because he is a climber in a baseball show?

Because he is so straightforward in a subtle show?

Because of his character type?

It is all of the above for me.

Augury
Mon, 10-19-2009, 07:43 AM
I thought the producers did a really good job with the music in this episode, especially during the ball game. Azuma's "good day" was pretty damn funny too.

David75
Mon, 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
They all are second years, so obviously the real match will be next year when before they graduate, and most certainly the final.

It's also a nice step, one to notice the shortcomings Seishu has, how strong Mishima and that pitcher are.
Mishima lacks Stamina, but is truly gifted, powerful and quick to react
The pitcher probably isn't on par with Kou for speed, but on the other hand is very acurate and can target any place with the ball. He probably also masters all kinds of hooks and strange ball trajectories.

Azuma is a good batter, maybe lacks some running speed eventhough we never got to acknowledge that. Is he on par with Mishima? Hard to tell.

Kou lacks precision in his pitches, but the speed compensates for that for the moment. At those speed, there's probably a compromise to find beetween speed, acuracy, stamina, trajectory. He also lacks experience and tends to fail at the most critical moments in the match.

I think Azuma's statement about how Mishima and that pitcher will be as strong next year is a bit off, they will improve, as should Azuma and Kou.

Regarding Wakaba clone, I really do hope it's not some cheap scenario plot...
Like they in fact never found her body and she was floating for hours and was found far away from where she disapeared by some family that got her under their care for all those years to compensate for the fact they couldn't have children.

I really don't know why that Wakaba clone is there, what they want to prove or do with her, how they can explain that, what the show will gain from that.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
The pitcher probably isn't on par with Kou for speed, but on the other hand is very acurate and can target any place with the ball. He probably also masters all kinds of hooks and strange ball trajectories.

Kou lacks precision in his pitches, but the speed compensates for that for the moment. At those speed, there's probably a compromise to find beetween speed, acuracy, stamina, trajectory. He also lacks experience and tends to fail at the most critical moments in the match.

Kou's precision is pretty spot on. It's just that he has to drop his speed in order to achieve it. Likewise, if he was to pitch at his absolute maximum speed, he loses that control.

Stamina isn't a problem anymore, I don't think. It was a problem since he never actually pitched in a real game. After all that running, I'm pretty sure endurance is a thing of the past for him. Unless it's 20 innings.

Regarding Wakaba clone, I really do hope it's not some cheap scenario plot...
Like they in fact never found her body and she was floating for hours and was found far away from where she disapeared by some family that got her under their care for all those years to compensate for the fact they couldn't have children.

I really don't know why that Wakaba clone is there, what they want to prove or do with her, how they can explain that, what the show will gain from that.

The new character seems to be a Wakaba look-alike. She'd need that if she was to rival either the late Wakaba or Aoba as Kou's love rival. That guy's been hooked up on his Ex since she died. As for what the show will gain from this, it'll force Aoba to acknowledge her feelings, and make Kou realise that he has to move on, and he likes someone other than Wakaba already.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM
From his face upon seeing the Wakaba clone, he does not seem to have moved on at all.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
LOL... have any of you guys noticed that the 'clone' has been there since the first opening?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, I think most people did. Some may have thought it was some kind of dream sequence of Wakaba though.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
From his face upon seeing the Wakaba clone, he does not seem to have moved on at all.

That's correct. What I'm predicting is that they'll start getting on good terms. He'll see her as a Wakaba-replacement of sorts.

It's later on down the track that he'll realise that nobody can replace Wakaba, and that replacing her in his heart is not needed. He merely needs to open up another spot next to her for a new love. At that point, he should realise the person to fill that spot is not the new girl at the Soba shop, but Aoba.

Moving on's the end result of all this, not from the mere arrival of this new character.

Marik
Sun, 10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 30 - Wakaba [720p] - Torrent (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2414929_e0rpm/kaba_720p__F4409BC2_.mkv.torrent) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFKUDMXR)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Time for another recap episode? Damn.

But they brought ED1 back to the screen, so I can't really complain. It sounded just as good as the last time I heard it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-26-2009, 07:39 AM
I can't believe I still teared up, and from a recap too.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Recap? More like re-airing of full episode 1 with just 3 minutes of new scenes... damn.

I still teared up as well anyway.

Marik
Mon, 10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I teared up too. The music and everything was just so well done that it's hard not to. That ending theme is still the best one.

Marik
Sun, 11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 31 - Do They Grow Up [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=96383) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2G2MV6VB)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I bitched for 30 seconds when Aoba said she wasn't going in a yukata....that is, until Akane showed up.

The new material was just as emotional.

Marik
Sun, 11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 32 - Wait [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=97524) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A164EDQX)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Cross Game has fanservice??

Nice.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 11-09-2009, 11:03 PM
great episode.

Subtle hints about growing interest between Aoba and Kou. The scene with the dad and his expression was priceless. A guy walking in on a girl while changing with no needless screaming? madness i say, madness!

Augury
Tue, 11-10-2009, 04:35 AM
On the contrary, I'd say it's a more normal reaction. That's one thing I like about Cross Game - most situations are reasonably set in reality and there's a lot of underlying unspoken sentiments drifting around.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 11-10-2009, 12:30 PM
On the contrary, I'd say it's a more normal reaction. That's one thing I like about Cross Game - most situations are reasonably set in reality and there's a lot of underlying unspoken sentiments drifting around.

I intended the phrase to be sarcastic but i guess it really doesn't transfer well in typing. Regardless, i agree since those are the same reason that i like Cross Games. That and the healthy dose of subtle jokes.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I intended the phrase to be sarcastic but i guess it really doesn't transfer well in typing. Regardless, i agree since those are the same reason that i like Cross Games. That and the healthy dose of subtle jokes.

I understood the sarcasm the first time I read it because you were praising the episode the whole time. Then Augury posted, and I wondered if I misinterpreted.

Marik
Sun, 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 33 - Or Maybe It's Fate [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=98634) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YBTGRYJZ)

Cross Game ED3 - "Moeruyō na Koi ja naikedo" by Tsuru (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8OY9P8C)

It's track #2.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Oh what the hell? It wasn't even Azuma's fault they lost now. So many fuck-ups.

I would have thought Koh'd take Azuma's place.

Akane's cute. She's...like, everything that Aoba's lacking.

Marik
Tue, 11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
lol @ the part where Azuma got taken away in an ambulance. It made me think that Aoba's cooking, had caused him to be sick as well.

Marik
Sun, 11-22-2009, 09:34 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 34 - New Year [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=99764) | MegaUpload (http://megaupload.com/?d=4GN20SCR)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
A game sometime soon would be nice. That last loss has got me itching for more.

Marik
Sun, 11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 35 - February 14th [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=101274) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMDI1N72)

Marik
Mon, 12-07-2009, 12:07 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 36 - To Girl's Baseball [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=102377) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QREOYMS3)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Wow, I totally didn't see that coming, since I was assuming Azuma had total control over those balls. Pity we won't get a game next episode then.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 12-07-2009, 04:15 AM
He had total control over almost all of them. He fouled once, remember? Still, hitting the pitcher is not the batter's fault. It is the lack of alertness on the pitcher's side that allows for such accidents. Still, it makes sense since Aoba is probably giving her all trying to stop Azuma from hitting home runs.

Marik
Sun, 12-13-2009, 07:43 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 37 - Probably Because I Slept Well [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=103766) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EHW7WA0H)

MFauli
Sat, 12-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Wow, finally catched up to the latest episode. I stopped watching at around ep 12, but now i watched all in one sitting. great show.
Itīs a pitty that Aoba cannot join the girlīs team, I looked forward to see her pwning some.

On the romantic side of things, I really wonder how things will pan out. Kou and Aoba seemed set in stone, but now Aoba has two other interests, while an "adult Wakaba" appeared. Personally, I think itīd be great if Akaishi got together with the "new Wakaba", should be granted to get a shot too.

Well well, cant wait for the next episode. Btw., how long is this series supposed to be running? Already 37, unexpected long imo.

Marik
Sat, 12-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Well well, cant wait for the next episode. Btw., how long is this series supposed to be running? Already 37, unexpected long imo.

51 episodes.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
On the romantic side of things, I really wonder how things will pan out. Kou and Aoba seemed set in stone, but now Aoba has two other interests, while an "adult Wakaba" appeared. Personally, I think itīd be great if Akaishi got together with the "new Wakaba", should be granted to get a shot too.

I think ultimately Akaishi and Akane will form a pair, but not before Akane and Kou try dating at least.

Marik
Mon, 12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 38 - It's His First Date [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104904) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HPULIDLO)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Senda singing ED3 was funny, mediocre singing and all.

I thought last episode that I'd be tired of relationship-episodes by now, but it seems they can still entertain me somewhat.

It's great that they're not mentioning Wakaba in front of her, but despite htat it still feels really bad for her that she's constantly being compared. They should really introduce some differences in soon so they can contrast the two, and appreciate Akane as herself.

Chances of that happening look slim though, from the 4-clover apron preview.

I really like this ultimately-fails, but currently-appropriate/matching coupling right now. It helps build a bit of tension.

Marik
Mon, 12-28-2009, 05:23 AM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 39 - Always [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=106073) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2N30SIRQ)

No Cross Game next week. Episode 40 airs on January 10th.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I really like this ultimately-fails, but currently-appropriate/matching coupling right now. It helps build a bit of tension.

And tension there was, both during the stand-off for Aoba and when Kou was nominated as Akane's guide.

I thought they did a good job with the girls' dad's feelings. He's not a major enough character to generate the same response as we got from seeing Akaishi in front of the school, but it was enough.

Seishuu's new coach should be more proactive, both in his training methods and his humour.

Board of Command
Tue, 12-29-2009, 03:56 AM
I accidentally spoiled myself big time by looking up the Cross Game manga on Wikipedia because a friend asked me how many chapters there are. I was just scrolling down the page and one particular sentence caught my eye.

FML

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Subsmith - episode 40 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=108287)

David75
Mon, 01-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Subsmith - episode 40 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=108287)
Oh I missed a chance to beat Marik. Since I've watched it 2 hours ago or so already...

For some reason I do not see Aoba becoming a pitcher for the national women team.
But she already has an incredible technical level of understanding regarding pitching.
So I see her more as consultant/specific trainer.
But she'll probably have to take care of Kou's pitching at the same time, with them always reminding us Kou will be her arms and legs.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Oh I missed a chance to beat Marik. Since I've watched it 2 hours ago or so already...

For some reason I do not see Aoba becoming a pitcher for the national women team.
But she already has an incredible technical level of understanding regarding pitching.
So I see her more as consultant/specific trainer.
But she'll probably have to take care of Kou's pitching at the same time, with them always reminding us Kou will be her arms and legs.

She's definitely turning the invitation down. Akane's advice to her was to choose the path of no regrets. Right at the end, she remembers that getting to Koshien was Aoba's final dream. She'll stick around Seishu to make sure they get there.

A stalker who stalks for the fun of stalking....I had a laugh at that one.

PS: maybe Marik had some chicken wings or something.

Marik
Sun, 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 41 - Go Koshien [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=109458) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=84CBX13P)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-18-2010, 04:46 AM
I can't wait for the game to start. The break's been long enough, though I can always enjoy a calming dose of Akane each week.

Despite them introducing some differences between the two girls, they're still very much comparing Akane with Wakaba a lot. I think it's about time they started seeing her as Akane, since I think that's also when some romance would start developing.

Marik
Sun, 01-24-2010, 10:11 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 42 - Everyone's Summer [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=110621) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2DDP962)

Marik
Sun, 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 43 - Same as Always [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=111827) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5PRZJY0H)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I trust that I'm not the only one who got a playback screwup during the scoreboard shot right before the OP?

Laptop: CoreAVC 2.0 results in normal audio playback while the video stutters for a long time
PC: FFDShow results in stuttering audio AND video for a short while before in-sync OP plays.

I certainly didn't see Daimon's team losing, especially after he decided to use his ace halfway through. I can't complain though, as this brings much more variety.

Marik
Mon, 02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I trust that I'm not the only one who got a playback screwup during the scoreboard shot right before the OP?
It happened to me with Windows Media Player and with Media Player Classic. It didn't happen with VLC media player.

David75
Mon, 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
No trouble playing the vid, some light encoding (maybe) problems. Last versions and evrsync are Godsend to me (you can even set the fullscreen resolution and refreshrate based on the vid's refresh are)

Regarding the ep, it was nice to see the manga animated, as I could not resist anymore and gave in by reading all remaining chapters. I was still fresh in my mind, so it was as if I was watching it for the second time.

When voiced, the Koh and Aoba exchanges are really nice. I also liked Risa's outburst at her manager.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Very nice indeed. I don't remember enjoying them this much when I first read them.

Marik
Sun, 02-07-2010, 10:44 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 44 - A Careless Pitch [720p] Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=113015) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3C3TWP4I)

Augury
Tue, 02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Not much to say overall, I'd just like to thank Marik for continuing to post the links to the torrents since I'm too damn lazy to actively look for them myself.

Been enjoying the translation from the manga to the anime. Nice game this episode.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Miki looks less chubby than I last remembered, though that could have been because I confused him for the weight-loss guy.

I've noticed that there hasn't been any base stealing since Farm vs Daimon (Senda was the player that did it I think).

Marik
Mon, 02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
[SubSmith] Cross Game - 45 - That's My Line [720p] - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=114283) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TFKTTO9J)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-22-2010, 01:53 AM
SubSmith - Episode 46 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=115318)

--------------------------------
IMO that lifeless ball slowly rolling gave off a much more "bad feeling" than the other team. In the end, they didn't get to show off exactly why they were so cocky.

edit@below: Damn. Thanks for the tip ;)

Marik
Mon, 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM
No Cross Game next week. The next episode airs March 7th.