PDA

View Full Version : Basquash!

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-06-2009, 02:19 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/caraniel/Anime%20preview/basquash.jpg

On the planet Earthdash, its inhabitants gaze on its moon and the technologically advanced lunar city of Mooneyes with awe. Dan JD, a boy living in Rollingtown on Earthdash’s surface, gets caught up in Bigfoot Basketball — a fast-paced sport played with giant Bigfoot robots.
Surely, this is going to be the best anime to ever be made!

Umai - Basquash! - Episode 01 - torrent (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bumai%5D_Basquash%21_-_01_%5B7BF0059D%5D.mkv.torrent)

Munsu
Mon, 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Lol, didn't expect you to be making this thread.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-06-2009, 08:46 AM
the very first episode of this epic series is fantastic beyond words. it is incredibly thoughtful and full of heart-wrenching, memorable moments. i especially loved the tense "Dunk Mask" terrorizing mission that started it off, with the police really giving him a run for his money and him having to have a complex plan to pull the plug on those bastards. the action was also very fluid and you could focus on the small nuances of the action.

the main character and his crew are a breath of fresh air from the typical shounen fare. they are more about thoughtful character interaction, less about looking cool or sexy or talking hip. the music is moving. the premise is baller.

i am in love with Basquash!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Great sarcasm. Probably better than watching the show.

Still, the graphics were very good. While I am very wary about this kind of show, I will keep watching this just to keep me entertained during my free time.

MFauli
Mon, 04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Uh, any SD-version of this?
A 500 MB-HD file is destined to run crappy on my pc :/

Pandadice
Mon, 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Uh, any SD-version of this?
A 500 MB-HD file is destined to run crappy on my pc :/

[Anime-Media]​_Basquash!​_01​_[91C06073].​avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=57654)

it's a 235mb avi. it's what i got.

-

well, I just watched this episode.

man, the starting scenes showing the city reminded me a ton of TekkonKinkreet, and all the backgrounds looked like they were from Studio 4°C. Though the characters definitely were not. Not that i didn't like the character design. when they introduced the chick, and they went to her house (I laughed so hard when the dude was like "aren't they doing things in the wrong order?"), the setting there seemed straight out of Freedom. So the backgrounds are something like a mix of Freedom and TekkonKinkreet.

I was hoping that they'd do more parkour, what with the awesome urban setting. but in stead he just kind of scootered through town.

I was disappointed with how they treated the sister's injury.. they referred to it as like her losing her future? really? is that how paraplegics are viewed in Japan? yeah, she sits at home all day on the computer. but thats totally her choice.. I mean, just because she can't play basket ball because she got an injury, doesn't mean that she should be such a sour-puss all the time...

the basketball match was pretty sweet, and I loved the insert song. But I dunno where the series is going now? it seemed like they had everything taken care of. the conflict, the climax, and the resolution.. I think it would have made a good 1 shot OVA, because that's what it felt like at the end. though I am looking forward to the next episode.

over all, I enjoyed it. It was a bit more shounen-boy-yelling than I like, but the urban setting and basketball focus is just too awesome not to watch this.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, I was pleasently surprised with this series. A must watch definitely. I was a bit surprised at the one year skip already on the first episode.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
WTF did I just watch? I think it made my eyes bleed a little bit with how much shit was on the screen in any single frame for the first half of the show.

Masumi Asano (Miyuki) using her hyper-perky voice? I'll definitely watch it again though.

I was disappointed with how they treated the sister's injury.. they referred to it as like her losing her future? really? is that how paraplegics are viewed in Japan? yeah, she sits at home all day on the computer. but thats totally her choice.. I mean, just because she can't play basket ball because she got an injury, doesn't mean that she should be such a sour-puss all the time...
The implication was that Coco was even better at basketball than Dan is. A lot better. I thnik they were going for that she could have been one the best basketball players of all time, and just like that her future (in that particular skill) is completely lost.

I agree she's a total sourpuss though. Maybe she'll be a little different after a year.

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
That was highly entertaining.

I doubt Coco will be much better. Maybe more of a "I told you so" attitude. I wonder how long after losing her ability she became that indifferent.

Oh, and I found anime-media's sub to be fine

MFauli
Tue, 04-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Ok, that was great.
It felt like a mixture of Air Gear and Guren Lagann with basketball as the main theme.

The visuals are superb, and the presentation is perfect. Haha, i loved how Dan invaded the stadium and pwned all the other robo players. Definitely the best new show so far for me.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-07-2009, 05:15 AM
So what's the general consensus on this show? I'm getting the message that it's very enjoyable for some, makes eyes bleed for others, and everybody'll watch the next ep. :confused:

narutosharingan
Tue, 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM
So what's the general consensus on this show? I'm getting the message that it's very enjoyable for some, makes eyes bleed for others, and everybody'll watch the next ep. :confused:

If everybody is watching the next ep, you should too ;)

I'd give the first episode a shot.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
WOW...

The first episode was pure win. This is shaping up to be one of the best series of all time.

yallo
Sat, 04-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Geh!!! I can't believe that vicious creature really ate up the pet that Dan bought for Coco. That was really... wtf =/

They focused a little too much on Miyuki's huge boobs, especially the part where she was running along the corridor inside the stadium. Damn that tiny piece of white tank top barely covered her chest!!! That was simply too painful to watch.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-11-2009, 03:37 AM
They focused a little too much on Miyuki's huge boobs, especially the part where she was running along the corridor inside the stadium. Damn that tiny piece of white tank top barely covered her chest!!! That was simply too painful to watch.

I'm hearing that this show's trying to out-do Gurren Lagann in term of the "out there" factor, but that sounds exactly like Yuko. I'll just keep lurking this thread to see how it turns out.

David75
Sat, 04-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Are you kidding?
I was like: "no way, what's this show"

It's somewhat eye flattering, but never got me interrested.

I may forget to watch ep 2, and if I don't, depending on how I feel I may drop that show anyway

Board of Command
Sat, 04-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm hearing that this show's trying to out-do Gurren Lagann in term of the "out there" factor, but that sounds exactly like Yuko. I'll just keep lurking this thread to see how it turns out.
LET'S MUSIC

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Didn't you hear the dude?

LETS
FUCKING
MUSIC
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anime Media Fansubs - Basquash! - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=58598)
probably another lower quality file (which, at least for me, is a good thing...)

I have never anticipated a second episode of a series the way I've anticipated this episode.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 04-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I find this show to be really lacking.

While the jokes and style are similar to Gurren-Lagann, there is just something about this show that just doesn't work for me. When i was watching Gurren-Lagann, something just instantly clicked and left me wanting more after i finished the episode. It took me 3 separate tries to finish the first ep of Basquash since i kept getting the urge to go do something else.

I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it'll change my mind, but i seriously doubt it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-13-2009, 03:25 AM
[Anime-Media]​_Basquash!​_02​_[12AAF8CD].​mp4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=58598)

The second episode made me want to kick the main characters ass. I was beginning to like the show from the first episode too... Oh well.

Archangel
Fri, 04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Well, I was pleasently surprised with this series. A must watch definitely. I was a bit surprised at the one year skip already on the first episode.

Me too

What's with all the hate for this anime? It's pretty entertaining.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
This series is just dope. Room for development, great animation, BIG BOOBS!! :p Plus basketball is my fav. sport. Just came back from playing it.

Judging from the last episode, it seems the fourth member of the future BFB team has been announced. How do y'all think is gonna be the fifth member? Dan's sister, Coco? I think she's gonna be in it later on. The fifth will prob. be someone else in the beginning...

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-26-2009, 09:55 AM
[Anime-Media]​_Basquash!​_04​_[18FB860F].​avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=60824)

Not a bad episode, and Dan's technique is actually pretty clever.

I am wondering what purpose the three idols have at all in this series. They have names, but aside from singing the OP and the occasional annoying moon broadcast, I don't see how they are going to impact the story at all.

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 04-26-2009, 10:36 AM
At least now we know why it's called baSQUASH...

MFauli
Sun, 04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
uh, could someone summarize what happened in episode 3? i forgot if i watched that one already xd

Board of Command
Sun, 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
uh, could someone summarize what happened in episode 3? i forgot if i watched that one already xd
They revealed who that "DESTROY" guy is.

Archangel
Sun, 04-26-2009, 12:13 PM
They revealed who that "DESTROY" guy is.

And we were all shocked! Never saw it coming.

MFauli
Sun, 04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Ah, wait, now i remember the last scene i saw: when the heroe encountered some strong guy at the end of the episode, who threw balls so hard that they were supposed to destroy him if he was hit by them. Was that ep3 or ep2.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Where "DESTROY" shows up at the end of the episode throwing basketballs = eps 2

Where 1:1 Scale Moon Tits (as seen in the OP, so not a spoiler) shows up at the end of the episode = eps 3

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Episode four was pure win. LOL at Nike.

narutosharingan
Mon, 04-27-2009, 01:02 AM
That was really fun to watch, and I especially loved Dan's technique at the end. Pretty freaking awesome no doubt. I do hope he builds on that so that he doesn't have to use the posters.

And I'm curious as to what motive the moon lady has.

I wonder how much they paid Nike for that (or vice versa)

Archangel
Mon, 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
This is starting to shape up

[Anime Media ] - Basquash! 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=62163)

So far i'm enjoying the series except for some minor/major details

- The main character is getting way too "naruto-like" for my tastes

- I'm worried how they're gonna explain all this "legendary" talk that's been going on.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I hate the main character quite a bit. In fact, I would have loved this show with a different main character, someone less naruto-like as you put it.

Archangel
Mon, 05-04-2009, 09:18 PM
You have to give it time

If i had given up on an anime because of the mc's idiocy when i first watched naruto i would have missed out on a great show ( and a hell of fillers but that's beside the point )

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Actually, I like Naruto as a character. I am just tired of seeing bad copies of him all over the place. Add to that the fact that Dan looks like a malnourished circus freak and you have a bad (not just idiotic, but simply bad) MC.

narutosharingan
Mon, 05-04-2009, 11:21 PM
I want to know what he was talking about when he yelled "Basquash!" at the end. Baquaska or something

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 05-05-2009, 06:25 AM
I think that Hime-sama has some sort of mental connection with Dan and that she kinda instructed him to do that Basquash thingy in the end. Do not know who came up with the name though. It was wierd.

Archangel
Tue, 05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I think that Hime-sama has some sort of mental connection with Dan and that she kinda instructed him to do that Basquash thingy in the end. Do not know who came up with the name though. It was wierd.

Basket + Violence = Basquach! :)

Actually, I like Naruto as a character. I am just tired of seeing bad copies of him all over the place. Add to that the fact that Dan looks like a malnourished circus freak and you have a bad (not just idiotic, but simply bad) MC.

Well you have to admit that if it wasn't for his redeeming moments naruto would be the most annoying mc ever.

As for design i guess it's a matter of taste. Personally, i quite like Dan's overall look.

MFauli
Tue, 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
finally saw ep5. its getting a bit hard to watch this show, i expected it to be more fresh and different, after i saw ep1 and 2. now it seems to follow a very well known shounen-anime-path, but ill keep watching...

Paulyboy
Sun, 05-17-2009, 04:29 AM
Im a bit slow but after watching episode 5 I realized that Harukas upper clothing is that of hands? Episodes 6 and 7 are streaming but I rather download with good quality, but I guess im alone on this seeming that there are no available torrents. Im liking this anime so far apart from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I thought there would be a manga but I was mistaken. Dan finally used the word Basquash by the end of the episode but right now im patiently waiting for better plot development but still im enjoying the series.

Archangel
Wed, 05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Anime-Media - Basquash 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=63507)

Anime-Media - Basquash 07 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=66124)

Anime-Media - Basquash 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=66255)

Episode 7 revived my interest in this series, so i would suggest to everyone who is thinking or already had dropped it to give it a look before making their final judgement

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Anime-Media - Basquash 09 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=67216)

They are bringing in more characters now that the Eclipse girls have shown up officially, and it seems like there are more factions involved in exploiting Dan's Revolution than ever before.

A pretty interesting episode, though I can't say I really expected Citron to be the leader of the idol group, when everything else we've seen (the OP, last eps, even most of this eps) makes it look like Rouge is the real leader. It looks like Miyuki might have some competetion if she doesn't start stepping up and making her territory known. Sela has been warning her a couple times before, but this one might be serious.

I also loved Dan and Spunky's interaction in the hot springs. Low-brow humor at its finest.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I still find it hard to believe that Endo Aya is the voice of both Spanky and Sheryl Nome.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Episode nine was simply pure win. The hot spring scene, as Ryll already pointed out, was very funny.

The whole match was very good as well. And Dan finally made several points. Although he yet again missed the most important point. And Rouge definitely got hung on Dan while Citron got hung on Iceman.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Why didn't they (the creators of this story) just allow Dan to score that damn point? The episode was great, but I don't think a string of losses and ties is a good record for a main character.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Well... I for one prefer the tie. At least on this game. If Citron got slapped for a tie, I don't want to know what that idiot Germana would have done to her if they had lost. Or to Rouge for wanting to continue in any case. Don't care about the other girl.

Archangel
Tue, 06-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Why didn't they (the creators of this story) just allow Dan to score that damn point? The episode was great, but I don't think a string of losses and ties is a good record for a main character.

Yes it does get annoying how the hero has absolutely no ability in scoring

He didnt get one on the hoop the entire game!

Archangel
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Anime-Media - Basquash 10 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=68664)

Well after this episode, i'd say that Rouge is officially in and Miyuki is consequentially out

So... is he over it or not? Will he start scoring now? I'm starting to lose interest again simply because of his adversity to look cool

He ran himself against a fucking wall for christ sake!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
That episode was just dumb. I generally hate inconsistent, loud, and idiotic protagonists, but this asshole is seriously making me stretch my threshold of dislike.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL
Contraty to Shinta I quite like Dan's foolishness. The dude has serious issues thanks to what happened to Coco. He obviously blames himself for what happened to her.

I am liking Rouge's character more with each passing episode. Sela as well.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 03:42 AM
His issues aren't really an excuse for being inconsistent, loud, and idiotic though. I bet he was born with those qualities.

In fact, so far, his issues have only helped him greatly, like making Rouge fall in love with him (as absurd as that is) because he was worried about her accident.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Loud and idiotic are a born trait on him. No argue on that.

But his foolishness... I think it all comes from the accident. He missed a shot while playing with Coco which ended on her accident. He never got over it.

Rouge practically made him face that, although I don't know if she planned to be hit on the process. She yelled at him to calm down and shot... and he did... for the first time in a while.

Ah whatever...

I need an Eclipse Wallpaper... if you find one do share Shinta. You've always been good finding those things.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
What wallpaper dimensions do you use?

I guess Dan should be able to play more physical now, not that I think that will help him greatly considering his style. What he needs is confidence of the real kind, not the barking dog type. I hope that is what he got from the last defeat in the one on one.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
The one that gives more problem finding... 1920 x 1080

You got a point there I wasn't considering... Dan will probably get more physical... trying to steal the ball more agressively if he overcame that. But yeah, it will not affect his normal style too much.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Here is a wallpaper I made (just resized and fitted actually) from an Eclipse scan.

Eclipse Girls (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/eclipsegirls.jpg)

Hope you like it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Its fantastic o_O
But not quite safe to use at home :D :(

Archangel
Tue, 06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
LOL
Contraty to Shinta I quite like Dan's foolishness. The dude has serious issues thanks to what happened to Coco. He obviously blames himself for what happened to her.

I am liking Rouge's character more with each passing episode. Sela as well.

Still, something like a mental breakdown would make him more of an interesting character. He just ran himself into a fucking wall...

And Rouge is a boring stereotypical pretty anime girl, no idea what you see in her. Sela at least has that masochist angle that makes her interesting

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
And Rouge is a boring stereotypical pretty anime girl, no idea what you see in her. Sela at least has that masochist angle that makes her interestingHaruka Tomatsu mostly.

Even then, Rouge is interesting to me not because she broke from the plan (stereotype) or has pink hair (stereotype), or even the budding romance angle, but because for what looked someone who was only clinging to the Basquash phenomenon for a PR stunt and orders from the sphere lover guy, she genuinely seems to enjoy basketball, and she's pretty good at it.

Though I'd still perfer Miyuki, but she's given up without a fight apparently, and that in itself is a big letdown.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Miyuki is the (long lost) childhood friend not to mention the first girl to be introduced as a love interest. I think its a relatively safe bet that Dan will end up with her eventually.

Archangel
Tue, 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Miyuki is the (long lost) childhood friend not to mention the first girl to be introduced as a love interest. I think its a relatively safe bet that Dan will end up with her eventually.

After this episode? Fat chance ...

Oh and i can't believe i haven't mentioned this before but... SLASH IS A DUDE???

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Sela is also there on the run. She calmed down a bit after she started to play alongside Dan... but I think something clicked on her when she heard Dan's past. She must have remembered something of her own sad past and will probably end up getting nearer Dan as well.

At this point of the story Rouge has more chance than the other two, followed by Sela... but yeah... the long lost friend stereotype will give Miyuki her chance later on.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
And Rouge is a boring stereotypical pretty anime girl, no idea what you see in her. Sela at least has that masochist angle that makes her interesting
+1 for masochist.

Archangel
Wed, 06-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Anime-Media - Basquash! 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=70256)

Is it just me, or was the animation on this episode somewhat lacking?

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Well... they did fire the Director recently...

Archangel
Wed, 06-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Anime-Media - Basquash! 12 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=71489)

This was just weird O_o

Why a 2 part episode? And wtf was up with the commercials in between? And did we just get 4th walled by Coco in the end?

... why do i still watch this?

Board of Command
Mon, 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Umai - Basquash! 13 (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bumai%5D_Basquash!_-_13_%5B1A42BD9B%5D.mkv.torrent)

Pretty good episode.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Indeed it was.
Miyuki is a bit late to try and act jealous.

Archangel
Tue, 06-30-2009, 09:23 AM
How do those guys compare to anime media?

DDBen
Tue, 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM
How do those guys compare to anime media?

The files are twice the size and the quality really isn't any better. The only upside is they are a day or 2 faster.

Basically download Umai only if you can't wait I wouldn't even consider archiving them due to the MASSIVE file size.

Archangel
Tue, 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM
But what about the translation?

Board of Command
Tue, 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Umai's subs are pretty good. I've never even heard of Anime-Media so I can't speak on their behalf.

I agree that Umai's files are way too big. I re-encode every episode to 320 MB for archiving.

Archangel
Tue, 06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Anime media is 230 Megas, and i can vouch for their quality in both raws and subs

You might want to reconsider your choice for archiving

DDBen
Tue, 06-30-2009, 07:31 PM
But what about the translation?

They are pretty even as far as translation goes its almost exactly the same as far as I can tell.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I've only downloaded umai since episode 1. I've never seen one from anime-media.

HDD of 320 GB so... not an issue for me that they use files so big.

Archangel
Tue, 06-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I've only downloaded umai since episode 1. I've never seen one from anime-media.

HDD of 320 GB so... not an issue for me that they use files so big.

Really?

I could fill that in a heartbeat O_o

Board of Command
Tue, 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Anime media is 230 Megas, and i can vouch for their quality in both raws and subs

You might want to reconsider your choice for archiving
Because their video is 1024x576, while Umai's is 1280x720. That's over 50% higher resolution, so 320 MB is pretty reasonable. I can probably resize Umai's to 1024x576 and encode them to 233 MB like I do for Yuki's Haruhi releases. In fact, I'm going to try that for episode 13 and see what it looks like.

Archangel
Sun, 07-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Anyway as for the actual episode, pretty good

The whole physical enhancement thing looked kinda forced but this is basquash! after all

Board of Command
Tue, 07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
[umai] Basquash! - 14 (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bumai%5D_Basquash!_-_14_%5BD28A932A%5D.mkv.torrent)

The new OP sucks.

Archangel
Tue, 07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
502 MEGAS!!!!???

Board of Command
Tue, 07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah, it's getting more and more out of hand. There's absolutely no reason for a 500 MB file. The worst I've ever seen was AonE-Menclave's 700 MB episode of Macross Frontier final episode. This takes second place.

Archangel
Tue, 07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Apparently Basquash! is being released on bluray now >_>

Board of Command
Wed, 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Apparently Basquash! is being released on bluray now >_>
THORA will probably be the group to release it if anyone decides to rip it, and they would just take the subs from umai. If you're already archiving umai like I am, there's no point in downloading Bluray rips. You get sharper lines and less compression noise (due to TV raws). It's a pretty noticeable difference, but it's not that big a deal.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Killing Sela's father came out of nowhere...

Board of Command
Wed, 07-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Killing Sela's father came out of nowhere...
Yeah, that was kinda random.

Archangel
Thu, 07-09-2009, 01:58 AM
I think the new opening has a lot of potential, it's just needs a couple minor tweaks

The new ending has some amazing animation, i quite like it

The death was random, yes

Was it me... or was Dan kinda cool in the ending?

Board of Command
Thu, 07-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't know... I don't think the new OP will ever grow on me. The ED, however, is quite good. Definitely one of the better ones in recent memory.

Archangel
Fri, 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't know... I don't think the new OP will ever grow on me. The ED, however, is quite good. Definitely one of the better ones in recent memory.

Basquash has the habit of changing the OP on every single episode, even with the music, so who knows

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I liked the new OP (the animation was chopped together with new and old material, so it is likely preliminary), but the new ED did nothing for me.

Basquash has the habit of changing the OP on every single episode, even with the music, so who knows
That was each of the Eclipse girls singing the whole song on their own instead of a trio. I don't remember if it was Violette or Citron first (but it is easy to tell the difference), but last was Rouge for her own episode.

narutosharingan
Fri, 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I only watch anime-media's, but they've decided to release 14 before 13. Bah.

Archangel
Fri, 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I used to only watch AM too but Umai's are just as good.

narutosharingan
Sun, 07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
They are, but the file sizes are bigger.

Board of Command
Sun, 07-12-2009, 11:55 PM
If I had a faster internet connection, I'd upload my smaller re-encodes. I have all of umai's releases in 233 MB files.

Archangel
Mon, 07-27-2009, 05:22 AM
If I had a faster internet connection, I'd upload my smaller re-encodes. I have all of umai's releases in 233 MB files.

Do you think you could get me episode 13?

Anime Media didn't sub that one for some reason

Board of Command
Mon, 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Do you think you could get me episode 13?

Anime Media didn't sub that one for some reason
Alright I'll upload just that one when my connection's free.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM
part 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/260674494/_umai__Basquash__-_13.part1.rar)
part 2 (http://rapidshare.com/files/260797625/_umai__Basquash__-_13.part2.rar)

Archangel
Tue, 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
IS anyone still subbing this?

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
IS anyone still subbing this?

Umai
I got ep 19 from them yesterday

Archangel
Sat, 08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Any chance i could convince some people to get back on this?

To the cost of the animation, we're now getting a better story that actually makes (somewhat) sense

Alternative energy, legend and mith, rivalries, background of the character, etc

The problem with Dan's idiocy remains ( he actually ran vertically down a ravine and landed on his face for no apparent reason more than "i was bored" ... ) but these new factors sure do make the show more enjoyable to watch

Zell, can i at least count on you? Buddy? Pal? ;_;

Discussing the episode after watching it is half the fun after all

Board of Command
Sat, 08-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm still watching. It's getting good.

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-29-2009, 11:46 PM
I do watch.
I rarely comment here this days though.

immortal squish
Thu, 09-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I just got through watching episode 21, and as wacky as the story gets sometimes, I'm pretty addicted to this series. In what other show can you expect to see armed soldiers and sword-wielding, giant robots owned by some kid's mad b-ball skillz?

My main question right now is where the hell is Iceman Hottie? With Dan's rampant knuckheadedness, he's my favorite character in the series... but he's been MIA for the past couple of episodes with no explanation :(

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Well it's over

All i have to say is that it's a god damn waste; had they combined the animation from the first part of the season with the plot of the second and some decent pacing and story telling we would have TTGL 2 on our hands

The whole show is a mess with great and shitty moments and over the place but i'll still rate it as a decent watch

Board of Command
Sun, 10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
It definitely didn't turn out as epic as I expected. The first episode was brilliant.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I blame the change of director.
The series keep going downhill after they changed.

Archangel
Sun, 10-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I blame the change of director.
The series keep going downhill after they changed.

Really? Sure the animation was inferior but i liked the way the plot developed much more. It was a mess, but still better than the first part.

Archangel
Sun, 03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Satelight to Relaunch Basquash! for Sports Fans, Kids (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-27/satelight-to-relaunch-basquash-for-sports-fans-kids)

Lol, wtf?