PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Fast and the Furious

itadakimasu
Sat, 04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I went and saw this earlier today and I give it a 8 / 10 for entertainment value. Some parts were predictable, and of course cliche but it started off w\ good action and kept up a pretty rapid pace the whole movie. The end of the movie I thought really did the series justice and I really hope that they don't make another one for the sake of ruining this movies impact.

so... 3 more weeks until xmen ^^

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 04-05-2009, 01:22 AM
I'd say this was the best of the series yet. It's never been high level, but this one kept me going the whole time. Can't say that about the first one.. O'Connor owning his own colleague, best part! :p 9/10 Just because movies nowadays suck and this one didn't

darkshadow
Sun, 04-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah this was definitly the best entry in the series, saw it today and thought it was great.

Idealistic
Sun, 04-05-2009, 08:26 PM
What made F&F special in the first place was all the cars they showed. I was very disappointed in the cars they had in part 4..... They showed very few, and none were really new. Needless to say, this one was better than part 2 and 3, but I don't think it tops part 1.

You take out the cars and it's basically just another cop/drug movie..... And there are better ones out there.

Assassin
Mon, 04-13-2009, 07:15 PM
i guess you can't have a movie with great cars and a good plot. its one or the other. not that i care, im not really a car guy.

One question though, is this movies supposed to be a prequel to tokyo drift? Im not too familiar with the series, but in the beginning the asian guy (han?) says "i hear they're doing some crazy shit in tokyo"

I haven't see all of this and i dont remember much of th other movies, but i got the impression that this storyline takes places prior to tokyo drift, presumably after the asian guy goes to japan. Also, i remember at the end of tokyo drift, vin diesel makes an appearance and says something about knowing han.

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
i didn't completely finish watching tokyo drift but at the beginning I was like.... um, isn't han dead?

but I thought it was cool when he forshadowed going to tokyo.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-13-2009, 11:54 PM
we spent a few mintues at the beginning of the movie trying to figure out who played in which movie (we- me and my friends) and how does the movie fit any timeline. then we said 'oh, what the hell' and watched the movie until Vin drove his car below freaking exploding crushing semi trailer, and then we went 'what the hell'.
but we kept watching, until the next scene, where something unbelievably ridiculous happened, and we were like 'what the hell?'.
rince and repeat a few times, and you've got yourself the movie.

but a nice movie, nonetheless.

Stitch
Sat, 04-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Wow, this movie rocked. Totally redeems the second one. Diesel is back! Can't wait for part cinq.

darkshadow
Sat, 04-25-2009, 07:33 AM
The first part of the movie should be between tF&tF and 2F2F, the second part(time skip), takes place between 2F2F and Tokyo Drift.

Penner
Mon, 07-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Watched this yesterday, and the only reason i did so was cuz Vin Diesel was in it.

He is badass.

Edit:

Movie was better than i expected, better than part 1 and i havent watched 2 or 3.