PDA

View Full Version : Will Naruto ever be good again?

chambers
Fri, 04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Well?? remember how good naruto used to be? you used to wait every week for the new download of it and every episode just got better and better. So good at building backstorys that moved you and excellent at creating tense scenes... but now its not just the fillers that ruin naruto (although so far the new series would have been much better if it flowed without fillers) the overall story seems to be disintergrating around us as we watch on... whoa akatsuki badasses!?!? they are only in it for the money. Sasuke? who really cares.... we all know naruto loved him but the fans pretty much disliked his character (apart from liking his fight scenes) as he came over as pretty much a complete jerk the whole time he was in the show..

what do you guys think? do you ever think naruto will ever put together another 50+ show run where every episode is really really strong?

poopdeville
Fri, 04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
No, it's going to suck. It has sucked since episode 136 of the first series. It will continue to suck, though there will be and have been some okay moments of awesomeness. But that's all they are -- moments of awesomeness.

The art and animation are different, and significantly worse. The music is different, and significantly worse. The filler is relatively okay, but interrupts the real story. The fighting has always been either awesome or crap, depending on how the animators pace it.

I suggest reading the manga if you liked the old series. It is much better. At the very least, your imagination lets you pace the fights for maximum awesomeness.

On the other hand, watching the anime gives me something to talk about to total strangers on the internet.

Oniken
Fri, 04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I miss Naruto being the underdog and surprising everyone with his actions. It's not new anymore and at his most powerful (Kyubi) he went 1 on 1 with Orochimaru so I don't see how the series can go from now on unless they introduce new bad guys who are even stronger. Those will just bring higher levels of Kyubi transformation with it. Having to bring Sasuke back at all costs has always been a bit odd, cause it's just gone too far already. FFS the guy doesn't like you anymore Naruto, bring Sasuke back against his will and he will just hate you in prison still. I still watch it for the awesome moments like Poop said but I think they need to take the show off air instead of stretching out the story and putting filler in at every opportunity if they want more respect fromt he viewers (I bet they don't care)

Azonalanthious
Fri, 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
In fairness, the original poster's hope for 50 good episodes IN A ROW is a bit much for any anime. Many of the best didn't even have 50 episodes in total.

As for the series itself... eh... I don't expect any great runs. But there are still some good episodes from time to time and most of the others are at least ok - they aren't good enough to attract me to the series if I didn't already watch it, but they generally aren't so bad I regret seeing them. I doubt it will improve much over time unless the series starts doing poorly in the rating though. No incentive.

ASSpirine
Sat, 04-04-2009, 04:58 AM
When I hear friends talking about the manga, it seems like it is just superb, although I always make them stop talking about it :P. But I rarely see it back in the anime... Still waiting for that

Abdula
Sat, 04-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Don't hold your breath. If the studio decides to just stick to cannon material they could push out a block of 50 great episodes easily but that is never gonna happen. On top of that not only do they seem to like doing unnecessary filler arcs but when it comes around to actual canon material like the last arc (Hidan and Kakuzu) or any other arc of Shippuuden thus far, they insist on putting their own little spin on things so even a supposedly canon arc can't be taken at face value.

It's kinda sad but at this point its fairly evident that the anime will never be what the manga is as long as studio pierrot is producing it. Although I think it might be a bit of an exaggeration to say this, just a little bit, but Naruto Shippuuden is to the Naruto manga what the 4Kids dub of One Piece was to One Piece.

-Btw just how many of these threads do you guys intend to make?

chambers
Sun, 04-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Don't hold your breath. If the studio decides to just stick to cannon material they could push out a block of 50 great episodes easily but that is never gonna happen. On top of that not only do they seem to like doing unnecessary filler arcs but when it comes around to actual canon material like the last arc (Hidan and Kakuzu) or any other arc of Shippuuden thus far, they insist on putting their own little spin on things so even a supposedly canon arc can't be taken at face value.

It's kinda sad but at this point its fairly evident that the anime will never be what the manga is as long as studio pierrot is producing it. Although I think it might be a bit of an exaggeration to say this, just a little bit, but Naruto Shippuuden is to the Naruto manga what the 4Kids dub of One Piece was to One Piece.

-Btw just how many of these threads do you guys intend to make?

how about 1? since there is only one here and hasnt been another one in a long long long time....

i woudl like to know what was different in the hidan/kakuzu arc compared to the anime/manga that makes you think it puts an entirely new spin on it?

Abdula
Sun, 04-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Well there is this (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16618) one and it wasn't so long ago.

That would be pretty difficult to do. I've mentioned some of the differences between what was presented in the anime and what was in the manga in the individual episode threads. In fact that was pretty much all I used to do, until people got tired of it. So your best bet is to reread those threads.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
I'll give it to him that it's we mightn't have had the exact title of discussion, but it always boils down to manga > anime with little hope of changing.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
50 Episodes in a row? Hrmm, I dunno man.

I mean, for the most part, I think the stuff that isn't filler is pretty good. And if you Naruto collection is a bunch of DVDs you burned, you can easily just leave those off the discs and I think it plays awesome.

Right up until this arc, where I guess they are mixing important manga material with a filler arc. Which, I'm not gonna lie, sucks for you guys.

I've said it before but I actually love the fillers in the original Series. Yes, they are all terrible. But by putting them all together, at the end of the series, it's SO easy to just ignore them. I own the first 10 volumes of the Naruto Uncut DVD's and the 10th one ends at the exact episode the non-fillers end. As you can imagine, I don't have to buy any more DVD's now until Shippuuden starts getting released.

Abdula
Mon, 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
50 Episodes in a row? Hrmm, I dunno man.
Easily:D