PDA

View Full Version : My Leg

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Has just been operated on. Currently wrapped up in a bulky bandage, I was supposed to be on crutches for two weeks. Two hours after leaving hospital I was moving around without them. Have taken 2 and a half weeks off work to recover, but seems I could be up and running again in a week.

Am so bored, until this bulky compression bandage comes off on sunday I can't bend my knee properly. Even then it will take like a couple of weeks to get back to normal activities.

Amuse me.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
How did that happen?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
For about 2 and a half years I've had a problem in my knee. No one know's how it started, and nobody knew what the problem was until a few months ago. My doc refused to send me for an MRI scan for 2 years, saying it was a physio problem and I needed to work on increasing flexibility and leg strength.

After my leg locking horribly in August last year I demanded an MRI scan, which revealed I had either a cyst or torn piece of cartilage in my knee. I got operated on a couple of days ago and the surgeon said there was a torn bit of cartilage which was poking in to the front of my knee causing the problem, which he removed.

Abdula
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM
My doc refused to send me for an MRI scan for 2 years, saying it was a physio problem and I needed to work on increasing flexibility and leg strength.
:D Doctors. Thats a first though, I've never heard of a doctor refusing to do a test especially something as simple as an MRI. I'm curious as to why you didn't go see another doctor during that two year span.

Amuse me.
You sound like The Blade Child with his trademark "Entertain me". I recently started studying the Qur'an, is that amusing?

Nadouku
Thu, 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Amuse me.

"There once was a man so consumed by greed that he became greed itself. His madness started to spread amongst his villagers and they became a cult serving under his cause. With an arsenal of men, women, and children under his command, he began raiding other villages and pilfer whatever valuables they had. The King noticed this and started sending his troops to ascertain the matter. The troops were defeated swiftly and the King had no choice but to use 'that'..."

Well, aside from that, I hope that your knee gets better!

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
:D Doctors. Thats a first though, I've never heard of a doctor refusing to do a test especially something as simple as an MRI. I'm curious as to why you didn't go see another doctor during that two year span.
Seriously. I've had about 6 MRIs in my life and I've only actually needed about 2 of them.

How did the cartilage get torn in the first place? Was it because of an accident or just some freak occurrence?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
@Abdula: This is the UK. Doctors actually get incentives NOT to refer patients to hospitals such as bonuses, in order to reduce healthcare costs and waiting lists. Its shitty, I know.

@Nad: Good start, any more...?

@Xan: No one really knows. All I know for sure is that the pain started on 2nd June 2006, because on 1st June I had a 1st round interview with a company I eventually got my graduate job with. I think it could have happened whilst messing around with my brothers - we tend to wrestle every now and then and I think it could have got torn then without me noticing.

Marik
Thu, 04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I got operated on a couple of days ago and the surgeon said there was a torn bit of cartilage which was poking in to the front of my knee causing the problem, which he removed.

Wow, that sounds painful as hell. How did you manage to endure that while working?

TheBladeChild
Thu, 04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
You sound like The Blade Child with his trademark "Entertain me". I recently started studying the Qur'an, is that amusing?

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be amused :3

Nadouku
Thu, 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
@Nad: Good start, any more...?

Heh, I'm fresh out of ideas for that little story. If I can think of something else for you to read, I will post it later on, if ever. I can't think of anything to fitting to continue the story.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Wow, that sounds painful as hell. How did you manage to endure that while working?

It was a strange problem... I could go months at a time without any pain and that actually was one of the reasons I never pursued the MRI scan. I thought at one point the problem had fixed itself and then it came back out of the blue. Last August though the problem got very bad and my knee locked; I couldn't bend it at all and was limping around.

Junior
Thu, 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Jeez...DB...what the hell? :/

Once it's completely healed, will it be 100% normal? As you can walk, run, sprint, jump, etc?

Seriously. Get better. D:

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks Junior. I should be a whole lot better after the surgery, as they have removed the piece of my cartilage that was causing the problem. In the very long run however I may develop arthritis in this knee quicker as that bit of cartilage which is supposed to protect the bones is now gone. That shouldn't happen for at least a couple of decades though, and until then I should be able to do any physical activity that I want.