http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-517066/.html

By HorribleSubs:
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=45778

http://www.druaga-anime.com/
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6018
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10274

Sapphire
Thu, 01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Yay I'm so excited!!!! But I'm too scared to wreck this great series with CrunchyRoll. What was up with their quality season 1?! It was worse than even a LQ fansubbed series from it's own site.

Munsu
Thu, 01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I didn't care to watch it online. I always waited for someone to encode it and put it up.

As for this version, it's not working for me at the moment online.

Edit: Working now. The h264 version looks good, but on fullscreen it kinda fucks up (the aspect ratio). Gotta try on firefox and see later when I get home.

Edit 2: It looks like it was a fluke that I managed to get the h264 version online for free. I can't replicate the sitation.

Edit 3: Looks like someone came out with a quick encode. Hopefully subbed.

Episode 1 by HorribleSubs:
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=45778

Archangel
Thu, 01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
How horrible are those subs anyway?

Munsu
Thu, 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
They're probably Gonzo's... so it shouldn't matter. They usually release raws has HorribleRaws.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Horrible subs subbed Naruto 91. Based on the comments from that, I think this is a CRoll rip, not a translated raw, and from the file size, NOT 720p. (or very crappy HD).

Yukimura
Thu, 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I watched the crap stream since I was at work but will check out HorribleSubs in a few. Anyway my first impressions were good. I liked how instead of spending time showing the defiant Jil from the after-forward of S1 reclimbing the Tower they just skipped right to him being in a Heroic BSoD after getting there and finding nothing. Fatina is doing a fine job of providing light fanservice and cheerfulness while the general and his subordinate/lover are still plugging away at comic relief. The overall plot certainly seems to have thickened though as King Gilgamesh is up to all sorts of nefariousness and of course there's new reson to climb the tower, likely under pursuit by the Kings forces this time.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I watched HorribleSub's not-so-horrible subs. The episode was 848x480 and was of passable quality.

As for the episode, I found it a great re-intro ep back into the thick of things, like Yuki said. In particular, I greatly welcome the freshing Fatina X Jill pairing. We could see it coming after Jill shone in his battle against the Guardian and Neeba leaving. While Jill is definitely more or less a replacement for Neeba, Fatina actually admires his strong points and has a legit degree of romance towards him. Jill, on the other hand, isn't going to forget Kaaya, not matter how hard he tries. He'll be nice to Fatina, but it'll never really click. (However, if she's a bit aggressive ;)).And yes, I love every bit Fatina fanservice, ever since the r(a)per scene last season.Too bad it'll ultimately end with Jill X Kaaya, but let's see how far this will go.

The wrestler scene worked well because none of the audience had a clue who he was (who turned out to be Utah? - I still don't remember his name). Otherwise, it would have just been another Jill-is-a-dumbass joke.

oyabun
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm also for Fatina X Jil pairing but we all know he would end up with Kaaya. I'm glad we got to see Fatina first hand. And she's pretty cute too. I can't recall if she is a tsundere in the first season. Is she?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:42 AM
I can't recall if she is a tsundere in the first season. Is she?

Definitely. She was the tsundere. That is, unless she was with Neeba.

Kraco
Fri, 01-09-2009, 05:20 AM
And here I had been hoping Jil would have become a badass mofo looking for revenge and explanations during the time between seasons, but instead he had become a tomato juice drunkard... Just how cruel can this series be? The only thing that saved it was indeed Fatina (I have no doubt those pillows exist in RL as well).

Well, at least this depressing intro was only one episode long. Based on the preview Jil should be back to holding a blade in the next ep.

oyabun
Fri, 01-09-2009, 06:24 AM
The intro already laid it all for Fatina. You see her encouraging Jil and supporting him all the way. And by the end of the intro you see Jill and Kaaya. Guess there is really no hope for her. I really want the Fatina pairing.:(

I too hoped that Jill will come back bad ass looking. Then like all shonen anime the hero becomes depress at some point. Is Kai the spirit who have been talking to Jil the last season?

Sapphire
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself guys.

But the best thing is we don't know WHAT will happen and who will hook up with who!!!

It would be cool if Neeba and/or Kaaya died in Jil's arms.

"Sorry... I just... wanted... to ... be.. a.. good... *dies*"

--

The series also caught me off guard. I thought the climbers would be revered! It's great that they weren't. It was like holy shit they have to live in the drudges of society like everyone else.

KrayZ33
Sat, 01-10-2009, 01:25 PM
I tried my best with the shittyroll-stream, but there is no way I can watch this..

I have to stop every 30 seconds because the straem is so slow, and even if I leave it open for like 10 minutes it will stop "pre-loading" at about ~2 minutes after I stopped the movie...

which means I can't even let the stream load the whole stream for like ~30 minutes and watch it fully then... at some points it stops and won't load any further even if I live it alone for several minutes... I didn't have such problems with Season 1.

I'm going to DL it now ~~ this is no fun
they should upload it on youtube again... it's alot faster.

the stream on CR always ends loading when Fatina is asked "Miss, were you a Climber?"

edit: hmm a pretty good start..I totally forgot about Utu and that they never showed his face in The Aegis of Uruk... that's why I really wondered why he was helping them :/

btw the Fatina-tentacle-pillow in the opening is cool :P

Munsu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Just watched the first episode... a pretty good one in my opinion. I really don't know what to make of Kaaya and the spirits and Ishtar and what not at the moment... too many look alikes from the past as it relates to this character.

Hopefully Jil will start kicking some ass... he has the Sword of Uruk after all right? Hope we see it in full display.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Gilgamesh gave it to him last season.

Munsu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Gilgamesh gave it to him last season.
That I know... but maybe he lost it when he fell or some shit, that's where my doubt came from.

Kraco
Tue, 01-13-2009, 05:21 PM
He probably pawned it to get tomato juice.

Marik
Thu, 01-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Ep 2 is up on CrunchyRoll.

CrunchyRoll - The Tower of DRUAGA - the Sword of URUK - Episode 2 (http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-517326/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Sword-of-URUK-Episode-2-Capital-City-Meskia.html)

[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 02.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=46589)

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ugh, I hate crunchyroll for so many reasons, but watched it anyway.

While I would love to have seen Jil wonder why he should care about Kaaya after what she did to him, he just wouldn't be Jil. He should have seen the dream of her dying, shrugged, and gone on with his life. Of course he doesn't because that wouldn't make him any different than Neeba. Jil has never been playing hero, he has always been a hero. Doing something like killing Druaga just because it is the right thing to do, and not because he wants anything from the crystal rod is what separates people like him from the corrupt government at the base of the Tower.

If he ends up with Kaaya instead of Fatina I'm going to be pissed. While that's probably how it will end up, then again last season's finale surprised us all too.

On to this episode:
I really enjoyed the total incompetence of the Golden Knights and their moron leader. The other gags were good too (still no one recognizing Utu, Ki molesting Fatina, etc.).

Jil's lack of a sword and the shield he has now were a bit of a surprise. I liked the way his old one worked a bit more, with the giant stake to plant the thing. This one is all deflection it seems. (Another gag I liked, wondering how the knights brought a catapult and ballista into the church when they fell through the window).

I like Fatina's new outfit as well.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I am also rooting for a Fatina ending. If this show goes Shuffle!/Akane Iro on us, it would be overall one of the best shows this year, assuming the rest of its qualities are of the same or better quality.

Kraco
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:21 AM
He should have seen the dream of her dying, shrugged, and gone on with his life.

He didn't have a life. Apparently he was doing nothing but sleeping and drinking tomato juice. In that sense it also perfectly natural he would be interested in anything reminding of the past, because the past is everything he has. As he even seems to have lost the sword. That had to be the biggest disappointment in this episode. Otherwise it was jolly good and the gags great. I knew a mangonel would still follow when they suddenly brought out the ballista from their backpockets.

And the ultimate truth of this show: Fatina being molested never gets old.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
And the ultimate truth of this show: Fatina being molested never gets old.

Aye, and neither does Utu and his helmet (for now). The stuff they threw at Jill was ridiculously funny. The shield could do a makeover though. I can live with a retractable shield, but what he's holding looks more like a scrap metal. A bit of flare won't hurt.

And talking about flare, Fatina has it all. Dropping her arrogant attitude has left quite the likable hottie, and now I too am 100% rooting for a Fatina X Jill ending, despite the feeling that it'll inevitably break down.

I was looking forward to the captain joining the crew, but I guess he'll come as backup at best.

oyabun
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Man those golden knight sure sucks. They don't even have a knight who can use magic. Freaking archers who only aims at one person when they are so many targets behind Jill. Guess they are knight just by name. And where did the catapults and balistas came from?? I thought the door was locked? Anyway atleast we got to see Fatina in action. Guess I have pester Shinta for a new sig and avatar.

Yukimura
Fri, 01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Loving this show so far. While I would also root for Jil x Fatina I feel like it's more realistic to expect Jil x redeemed Kayaa and possibly Fatina x redeemed Neeba. As much as I think Neeba is a steamy bag of douche filled with feces I don't think he's beyond redemption (this is anime after all) so I wouldn't be too upset with a Fatina x Neeba ending as long as Neeba gets undouched and Fatina is happy. What would really suck would be Jil x redeemed Kayaa, Neeba dying (probably in the process of getting redeemed) and Fatina left out in the cold.

I kind of like silliness surrounding the Druid girl(/guy?) who I guess is the replacement for Ahmey. She/he doesn't seem quite like Ahmey but there are enough similarities that I think 'it' will be a good fit. And of course, Ki is so damned adorable! After Kure-nai I have an even softer spot for occasionally wise but mostly just cute little girls and their silly antics. I nearly started crying after the Thousand Year's of Spoon scene and when she subsequently started threatening the soldiers with the spoon. I do hope Melt and Coopa will join up next ep as well since they would bring yet another dimension of comedy to the party.

oyabun
Fri, 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, Neeba dying would be the second best thing to happen. Fatina pairing would be the first..

500th posT! Wut!

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Lol, I liked the RPG moment they had with Utu buying a lightsaber axe with his Prize money.

I loved the ass spooning. Especially Fatina's wail. Jil's arsenal is stick and board as opposed to the standard sword and board. The druid class sounds kinda lame. An archer with status inducing arrows? Meh.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
And talking about flare, Fatina has it all. Dropping her arrogant attitude has left quite the likable hottie, and now I too am 100% rooting for a Fatina X Jill ending, despite the feeling that it'll inevitably break down.The attitude isn't all gone, she's still a fantastic tsundere, just a bit more in the deredere phase.

While Ki is excellent, and the druid girl being dragged into it is funny, I miss Coopa...

Shadow Skill
Sat, 01-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I miss the chick from the first season, she was Kaaya's partner or w.e.

I hope Fatina and Jil form a romance and he forgets about Kaaya.

Fatina looked like she enjoyed the "Spooning". :P

Jil definately needs a sword... preferebly the sword he had... Maybe they'll find it. :P

Marik
Thu, 01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
CrunchyRoll Stream (http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-517324/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Sword-of-URUK-Episode-3-City-of-Dreams-Meltland.html)

[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 03 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=47501)

Everon
Thu, 01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
hehe this show does some fantastic jokes.

Kraco
Thu, 01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
A brilliant episode. Melt getting rich using a pyramid scheme. And the ropers... The moment a roper was shown for the first time it was absolutely clear what kind of a Fatina fanservice moment this episode would have. Even if it wasn't a concrete one, it was still exquisite, with the accusations following it.

At first I thought they would have Melt pull Lando Calrissians in the episode but it didn't turn out that way in the end.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Better yet, it was specifically a Ponzi scheme. This episode managed to be relevant to current events (http://news.google.com/news?client=opera&rls=en&q=madoff&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=X&oi=news_group&resnum=4&ct=title), a brilliant touch.

Speaking of Fatina, her super high heels make her feet look super tiny.

I was hoping they'd work in some green sea peppers, but maybe that's for later.

oyabun
Thu, 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Avalanche of pressure... lol. Its funny how Utu acts like a dad for Ki.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Ki really does have something for putting things into people's bottoms, even if they aren't people.

Fatina fanservice :D It's the second time he's dreamed it up. Let's hope it's foreshadowing his interest for her later on. Otherwise, nothing terribly much to comment on. I was hoping to see more of Kelb, and was previously disappointed he didn't join the party. At least he'll be a sweeper now when the main cast runs into trouble.

Needless to day, Gilgamesh is again showing his corruptness, while those personal guards inevitably remind me of these:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/7/74/Guard.png/180px-Guard.png

Everon
Fri, 01-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Notice how they casually slipped in that Coopa has been raising Melt for ten years? She's older than Melt???!! :D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-23-2009, 07:41 AM
All I picked up was that she's been serving his family for 10 years, not raised.

KrayZ33
Fri, 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Coopa was most likely Melt's servant for around 10 years and since she is always telling him what's right and wrong and cook for him (etc.. etc.) she said he raised him for 10 years.

ep.3:
nice episode, because of all the parodies I'm going to watch the first episode from season 1 again, the fatina+ropa scene reminded me of a really funny moment in episode 1 :)

btw are you guys downloading the subs, or do you watch them on CR?

Dark Dragon
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I was hoping to see more of Kelb, and was previously disappointed he didn't join the party. At least he'll be a sweeper now when the main cast runs into trouble.

I agree, Kelb is like the Sergei of this show. I demand that he gets more screen time!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-23-2009, 05:26 PM
btw are you guys downloading the subs, or do you watch them on CR?

Downloading subs. I'm getting HorribleSubs since they're CR anyway, and they're fast. If you wanted to go HD, the same groups who did the first series are doing it again this time.

i.e. Furukawa and Otaku

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
[Nipponsei] Druaga no Tou ~the Sword of URUK~ OP Single - Questions [Nakamura Yuu].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Druaga%20no%20Tou%20~the%20Sword %20of%20URUK~%20OP%20Single%20-%20Questions%20%5BNakamura%20Yuu%5D.zip.torrent)

[Nipponsei] Druaga no Tou ~the Sword of URUK~ ED Single - Mahou Tsukai desu kedo. [Orikasa Fumiko].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Druaga%20no%20Tou%20~the%20Sword %20of%20URUK~%20ED%20Single%20-%20Mahou%20Tsukai%20desu%20kedo.%20%5BOrikasa%20Fu miko%5D.zip.torrent)

Marik
Thu, 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Ep 4 is up.

CrunchyRoll Stream (http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-517322/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Sword-of-URUK-4.html)

[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 04 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=48423)

Kraco
Thu, 01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Haha. Last time it was only two people, now the stairs stayed long enough there to allow a whole bloody army to march up. But you know all of those nameless, faceless golden knights are going to be nothing but fodder for the beasts.

Other than that, we finally got some very solid sounding information. If it was true, we truly learned a lot, explaining even more. Although still not Neeba's objectives. I don't honestly even remember enough of the first season to try to make guesses...

But there was no Fatina fanservice. What a letdown. I thought it would be a consistent running gag throughout the series.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
So Kaaya (Ishara) is not a total bitch, but I still don't ever want to see a Kaaya x Jil ending. I'm sure we will and I'll be all disappointed, but whatever, I can accept it if there is a sufficient enough level of fanservice starring Fatina from now on.

The politics are starting to get interesting, I was wondering why we were still being shown the female guard captain. Gilgamesh is going to get more and more cruel and corrupt like that fat pig underneath him, and someone is going to have to deal with it.

One thing of note, we've yet to see the four slayers (or Allies of Druaga I think they called them) that the evil bastard from last season attempted to summon before Neeba and the Guardian (fake Druaga) killed him. They were in the caskets the guy kept having servants lug around. They showed up earlier this season as silhouettes complaining about something, and we haven't seen anything from them since.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I will seriously want to beat the shit out of Jil if he chooses Kaaya over Fatina. Fatina practically threw away her life just to be with him at this point, without complaining, in fact. I seriously cannot accept an ending where the main character ends up with a girl that has practically no appearance during the season (and consequently no development).

Kaaya practically used Jil and threw him away at her convenience. if Jil does the same to Fatina, then I hope Jil and Kaaya die a horrible death in the tower.

Munsu
Sun, 02-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Just watched episodes 3 and 4. I didn't like Melt and Coopa in the first season, but I really liked how they're presented in this season... Melt was awesome in the 3rd episode, quite funny. Thanks to Ki we get a better understanding of what is going on, and we get a better picture of the world where this is placed in. The first season didn't do a good job in my opinion with describing the setting... the Tower seemed to be the sole focus. Just as there are two Gilgamesh, I wonder if there are two Druagas. I would imagine that this is not the last we've seen of it.

And as you guys, I'm rooting for Fatina... though with the latest explanation a Kaaya pairing wouldn't bother me, especially since I can envision Fatina being wooed by Neeba.

Kraco
Mon, 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
The first season didn't do a good job in my opinion with describing the setting... the Tower seemed to be the sole focus.

I disagree. I think during the first season we learned all we were supposed to learn. It's just that nobody who knew more had any reason to say more. It's kind of a cheap way of telling stories to force explanations out of place to appear just for the sake of explaining things. When you concentrate on certain characters and their points of view, you must stick to what those characters learn and know. Unless it's a story with lots of narratives by some immaterial third party.

Edit: Strange typo...

Munsu
Mon, 02-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Be that as it may, it doesn't excuse the fact that they did a poor job with the setting. Wether it was for the better of the plot or to its detriment is something else entirely. The first season didn't restrict itself solely to the point of view of the party, we got some scenes with Gilgamesh and its advisors, we got scenes with the army, they could've easily sneaked in a couple of things to better describe their world. But again, the sole focus of the first season was the party's struggle to get to the top of the Tower, everything else was secondary. Was it was a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows. All I know is that they did a poor job setting up the setting clearly; there are many ways to do it without it being 'cheap'.

Some might consider the silence of Neeba and the whole "you're rookie you don't need to know" types of scenes to be just as cheap to keep the suspense and the audience guessing.

Not complaining, but whatever the reasons were, I thought that they didn't do a good job with the setting in a macro level. Some subplots and scenes seemed out of place at times or confusing.

Everon
Fri, 02-06-2009, 01:58 AM
I think the direction and pacing of the first season was great. Dangle a few mysteries, reveal some, create new ones, and leave a few for the next season. It never bothered me that some of those scenes were left unexplained -- probably because the deliberate demeanor of the show made me feel confident that all would be revealed sooner or later.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-06-2009, 02:22 AM
To be honest, when I was watching Druaga last year, I felt that some of the time spent on pure comedy could have been better used to show actual struggling and hardships to get to the tower, and with it, character development. In the end, the only significant battles that commit to (my) memory were the One-Eyed dragon fight, the one of the fight against Paacher or whatever (Wind assassin) and the Guardian. With the exception of the last boss, I don't think they lasted more than 1 ep each.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-06-2009, 04:08 AM
I felt the same way. Some of the episodes felt like filler material, but the episodes that did not go this way were really good IMHO.

Munsu
Sun, 02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Hmm, no one posted the release for episode 5.. by HorribleSubs:
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=49618

I didn't enjoy this one much.

Marik
Sun, 02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Neither did I. Other than seeing Gilgamesh becoming more evil, not much else happened.

Kraco
Sun, 02-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah. The enemies were kind of lackluster. And there was nothing but a whole clone army of those sluggish featherballs.

Yet another episode of no Fatina fanservice. Such woe.

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, this series is our new En Fuego series, just like it's prequel. Too bad it got made in a piece of shit episode like this one.

I thought it was quite cool when Gilgamesh killed the dad, and it was wierd to see the reaction from the soldiers. Only the captain (or whatever the chick from the first season is) seemed to be disturbed by it, even if she didn't voice it. The "regret" scene later on was interesting too.

Marik
Thu, 02-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Stream is up.

CrunchyRoll Stream (http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-519802/The-Tower-of-DRUAGA-the-Sword-of-URUK-Episode-6.html?src_token=now_showing_label)

[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 06 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=50293)

Munsu
Fri, 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Just watched the episode, and it was a good one. Plenty of action, some Neeba and Kaya scenes, some Fatina kicking ass, and Gilgamesh going on a war frenzy. We also got some sort of kickass androids, and Henaro seems to have a connection to them.

Marik
Fri, 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I wish she would have said what that connection was, she seems to be hiding something.

Kraco
Fri, 02-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Aye, she keps looking at that weird compass thing, and it gave me an impression she was just waiting for them to appear.

A good episode. Still lacking Fatina fanservice, but had plenty of nice action. Though I can't really be impressed by how those nameless soldiers very predictably served the role of nameless deaths to supposedly make the enemies look more badass. That trick kind of got old already decades ago.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Physically, Kaaya looked a lot older than last season or even the beginning of this episode. Neeba and she mentioned that they only felt that they had been in the Tower a few days, but that people were already after them. We know that means six months later outside while the time is compressed inside, but I'm wondering how much time has really passed for the two of them. Or if it was just her outfit and demeanor having been in this depressing Tower. Maybe it was just me, but she looked a lot taller than I remember her being. She was almost even with Neeba, where before she always looked shorter than Jil.

I wasn't expecting the assassins to be androids, and the pink-haired one (voiced by Chiwa Saito) was really annoying.

Kraco
Sat, 02-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Nah, it wasn't just you. Kaaya certainly looked several years older. Like during the first season she didn't look quite an adult yet, but now she's a full-fledged woman. Hard to say whether the time is warped enough for that, or if it's just that the upper tower is so rough a place that it forced her to mature really fast, affecting even her appearance.

Munsu
Sat, 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
By Anon:
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=51315

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmm, so Henaro is really Hecate, Pazuz's daughter, charged with ensuring that Gilgamesh's Shadow remains unharmed. Interesting that they tell us now. Also the thing with the android, Kally, and the idiot captain.

I still like that Jil is so straight forward. He wasn't tempted even once by the villa. He met Ahmey, was glad to see her, but he's still got the quest foremost in his mind.

But mostly what I enjoyed about this episode were the looks that Fatina was giving Jil everytime someone brought up Kaaya. It seems that Fatina is beginning to be unable to squash the jealous feelings she has. She was more aloof about it before, but no she's showing it plainly.

Kraco
Sun, 02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
That's indeed true about those two. Works also in Jil's case universally: He can't forget Kaaya before the matter is settled just like he couldn't bear delaying their trip by staying in the mansion. Fatina's case is interesting in the sense that as much as she wants to exact revenge she still fears losing Jil more. Poor Fatina, the trip must be twice as hard for her.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:30 AM
That was also the reason she was so reluctant to go in the first place, but of course Jil being the unmoving shield that's oblivious to anything thrown at him never noticed. After a year, she's settled down into a new lifestyle. It doesn't grant her satisfaction as a tourist guide, but it does let her to almost forget about the past, and blame all the pain from her betrayal on Neeba & Kaaya. Even if what she says is true and Jil isn't a replacement for Neeba, he's still someone she's rather fond of, and will happily live with.

This journey throws everything out of balance for her again. She's revisiting old times. She'll have to deal with her unreturned feelings again if it turns out there wasn't a "betrayal" at all. She could lose Jil to Kaaya. Even if she didn't come along, everything of Fatina's was put on the gambling table when Jil decided to climb again.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:35 AM
*just caught up on all this* She does look more mature, but I'm willing to blame that on her flowing robes, more prominent eyelashes and lipstick.

Kraco
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Maybe, but it didn't really seem to me she was any happier with their new life than Jil was. She was just more responsible and didn't waste her time drinking tomato juice all day long. They were both bound by their unfinished past, but Fatina was already bending under that burden, settling for a false life, while Jil had never given up. It's kind of an old fantasy cliche than old adventurers will settle down by starting to run an inn, but that's only after they have willingly retired.

Archangel
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Finally caught up

My first question is: What the hell happened to Jil's sword? That was the sword that belonged to Gilgamesh himself, so isn't it kinda of a big deal to lose it like that?

Also did you guys notice that in Jil's vision of kaaya's death, the killer was Dark Gilgamesh and in his mental trip to the top he passed through all the sceneries we're seeing now? Next ep should be in jungle.

Is it me or did they completely forget about Kai in this ep?

I officially support Fatina x Jil, so where's my free fan club T-shirt? But seriously, by the way things are going i don't really see it happening since the guy is way too hung up on Kaaya and all we've seen so far towards Fatina is lust

Man this is one messy post...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Finally caught up

My first question is: What the hell happened to Jil's sword? That was the sword that belonged to Gilgamesh himself, so isn't it kinda of a big deal to lose it like that?
I have no idea. I'm guessing he traded it for a barrel of tomato juice.

Is it me or did they completely forget about Kai in this ep?

Who's Kai?

Marik
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Who's Kai?
Gilgamesh's wife, the little girl that wanted Jil to take her to the Mythical Tower.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/01102009-02t.jpg

Archangel
Tue, 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I have no idea. I'm guessing he traded it for a barrel of tomato juice

I've read the previous threads so i know you stole that joke, Bill :p

Lol Kai looks so cute in that pic

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I've read the previous threads so i know you stole that joke, Bill :p

Lol Kai looks so cute in that pic

I stole it from someone, but I forgot who.

I think this new sword is more versatile though. From memory, Gilgamesh's sword didn't do anything spectacular.

Archangel
Tue, 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah but i expected great things from it

The fact that he just has an ordinary shield and an ordinary sword now is kinda underwhelming compared to his weaponry in the last season

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I agree that his shield is rather flat.

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
It still has the magic super-shield effect that his last one had (but only when that one was planted). This one is more for deflection than blocking. It makes Jil at least a little more offensive.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 08 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=52256)

Assassin
Thu, 02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
is it just me, or did the acting suck in this episode? all the fighting scenes seemed so awkward, like it was a very amateur play involving retard actors with no passion.

animus
Fri, 02-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't know what actors you see, but yes the animation was a bit awkward. Probably a lower budget episode.

Munsu
Sun, 03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Just watched the episode... quite enjoyable just to see some of our past characters one last time. Fatina was nice in the episode, and good revelation about Henaro... makes her a more useful character in the series. I like that the Pazuz's storyline didn't die with him.

If I remember correctly, in the first episode when Kaaya was here she was visited by that blue spirit from the first season that always showed up to Neeba. I wonder who that is... it hasn't been revealed right?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I didn't notice any problems with the animation. As for the storyline, it's good to see that everything's finally coming together. Despite how great an effort she's putting to hide her real self, I don't see Henaro as a cold enough character to carry out whatever she's supposed to - protecting Gilgamesh's shadow I think it was.

Archangel
Sun, 03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
If I remember correctly, in the first episode when Kaaya was here she was visited by that blue spirit from the first season that always showed up to Neeba. I wonder who that is... it hasn't been revealed right?

Not completely but we do have some info on her:

She's the witch succubus, Druaga's former lover who was found by neeba in hibernation somewhere underground and supplied him with the info about the mystical tower.

Nadouku
Mon, 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
The whole structure of the episode went by pretty fast, but it was good enough to keep me entertained. I must say though that the fight sequence was a bit ackward and Neeba's little backstory was weak. I'm just having a hard time understanding Jil, though. Doesn't he have any resolve? He always seem to carry the funk of a strong person on the outside, but just unstably weak on the inside. Just makes me wonder how he would be able to pull through this tragic event.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
What tragic event?

Nadouku
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Hmm, I am probably referring to the one where Kaaya just left him, along with Neeba, so the end of the first series. It was tragic enough for them to wonder about it for seven months.

Marik
Thu, 03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 09 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=53124)

Nadouku
Thu, 03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Not a bad episode; pretty much the main climax before the real deal starts either the next episode or the one after that. I pretty much like how the progression's been so far, but I feel as if I'm missing something. Oh well, I'll manage to remember when time goes by.

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone knows how many eps are left before it's all over?

Nadouku
Fri, 03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
It should be three more episodes before the series ends.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Good to see Melt isn't an an asshole through and through. Still probably one for the most part, but he was more of a man this episode.

I also liked how they recycled the Dark Knights from that stuff-around 1st episode last season. It probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I got a bit of humour out of it.

Otherwise, decent development. Funnily enough, the only native threats along the way to the top of this second tower were the shadow beasts from the first level. The House of the Dead too, if you consider that a threat/test.

PS: Also, Ethana has quite the rack.

Archangel
Sat, 03-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I also liked how they recycled the Dark Knights from that stuff-around 1st episode last season. It probably wasn't meant to be funny, but I got a bit of humour out of it.

Well it was pretty obvious who they were the moment we saw them. Now according to the names a would assume that Hyper Knight would be the most powerful but the boss seems to be red knight so i'm looking forward to see the extent of their powers.

Otherwise, decent development. Funnily enough, the only native threats along the way to the top of this second tower were the shadow beasts from the first level. The House of the Dead too, if you consider that a threat/test.

There was also the whale Neeba and Kaaya had to fight in the water floor

Oh and i just noticed something else that sucks about Jil's new sword, it's the same model that all the golden knights use.

Kraco
Thu, 03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Major ass kicking:

Episode 10 - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=54136)

- - - - - - --

It cannot be said that Neeba wouldn't kick ass. In comparison it was funny how Jil could hardly put up any fight against the other undead assassin. Still, Jil did fight well against the more mundane enemies.

All in all, massacres left and right.

Nadouku
Thu, 03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Yea, Jil certainly improved a lot unlike his previous combat situations, and I like how they climb the tower because they're Climbers. Couldn't have better put it myself. :p

The original feel to the anime is getting back to itself. Even if the battles were short, they were still enjoyable. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Neeba in action some more.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Neeba had help from the Succubus, just like Jil had help from Fatina. In the end, neither could have won by themselves. The dolls are just too powerful.

Kraco
Fri, 03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
It wasn't quite the same, though. Succubus and Neeba were working together, while Fatina just saved Jil's sorry ass after Jil decided to have a sudden nap on the floor.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-14-2009, 09:00 AM
True, but don't forget Jil's primary role is a shield. Just as Neeba's got various powerful arrows, Jil's got his insane defense (brings back memories of deflecting the catapult). Just as Neeba required Succubus to take the hit/distract the doll for his arrow to work effectively, Fatina would have also been in trouble had Jil not been the Tear of Ice's primary target, allowing her to charge (and recover, don't forget) such a powerful attack.

I do like how Jil's got the skills now to put his ideals in place rather than just ideals alone. I was a bit disappointed with Kelb's scene though. He looked cool and all, but there wasn't any action, save a few guys who got thrown in the air. When asked what one man can do, I was expecting a Limit Break with that sword.

Kraco
Mon, 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Almost forgot this:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/9/7/6/2/fatinaonfire.jpg

It's kind of funny: Like Fatina herself understood she's always trapped into those obscene situations for a reason.

Kraco
Fri, 03-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Death and rebirth:

Episode 11 - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=55089)

- - - - - - - - - - -

Edit: Well, well, more happened in this episode than in a bunch of episodes before it. First of all, I think it's pretty ridiculous how Jil's merry gang is again dropped to the bottom. That's like some "funny" repeating gag by the artificial intelligence controlling the tower. Gil died but somehow I doubt Neeba is any better. The dude's a real scumbag. Supposedly Gil at least was nicer in the beginning. Neeba is rotten from the start.

I very much doubt Fatina will have any feelings left for Neeba after this, unless it's hate.

Archangel
Fri, 03-20-2009, 08:45 AM
I love the look in her face when she says that

What i didn't like is how this episode absolutely killed any chance of Fatina x Jil pairing

Nadouku
Fri, 03-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Quite an interesting episode, just that I felt the fight was a bit strange. It took Henero long enough to notice that Gil was an insane bastard and side with Jil and the others. Too bad her role was shot down by Neeba.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-22-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't think Henaro really cared if Gil was a bastard or not. She only turned around because she'd rather serve Jil's cause instead.

I'm trying to figure out how an explosive weapon like that is capable of killing gods, but I'll let it play out next episode.

Marik
Thu, 03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
[HorribleSubs] Tower of Druaga - Sword of Uruk - 12 [END] [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=56016)

Kraco
Thu, 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
And they lived happily ever after. This time it was a pretty quick climb to the top. Neeba's mind must have been far less confused and shadowy than Gil's. I liked this ending well enough. I kept retaining a bit of doubt, should Kaaya have sacrificed herself for them to win, but it certainly didn't go that way but down the far more traditional route. Happier route, I suppose, considering Jil had never forgotten Kaaya, and it seems Fatina didn't come to love Jil ever as much as she did Neeba, in any case, though there's no doubt she liked him a lot.

Jil and Neeba's fight was jolly good. The feelings in such death match between brothers were there, as well as all the revelations where it originated from. As cliched as that revelation was... Can't say Neeba would have lacked ambition, though: "If I defeat the gods, there's no way my little brother will ever beat that achievement! Mwahahaha!"

Maybe I forgot it, but what was SuC.C.ubus's aim and reason for helping Neeba? She was kind of bypassed in this episode, more or less.

The clips at the end were nice enough as well, even if they weren't amazingly concrete and solid. I kept wondering what Jil decided to do after it all, but the answer wasn't really given. Other than watch sunsets hand in hand with Kaaya (though that's not such a bad way of using one's time, I suppose).

Nadouku
Fri, 03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Nice ending to the series, but I liked how the civilians were not panicking at all and were just calmly walking towards the exit.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't really get the chibi-Succubus holding the wooden Ki-spoon with Neeba, I guess that was supposed to be some sort of heaven?

Good fights, decent comedy, overall decent series. Not quite as good as the first I suppose though.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd settle with this as a fairly decent series too. It certainly didn't live up to my expectations of it being a really epic adventure anime set in Uruk, but that gave way soon enough anyway for me to enjoy this as a lighter series.

There wasn't much explained about Succubus throughout the entire series. Judging from her reaction when Neeba "died" as well as the chibi scene, I guess she settled for an ambitious man much like her past lover Druaga.

It was nice to have the underlying humour around, as I probably wouldn't have been able to take Druaga 100% seriously anyway. Coopa saving the day with mega-strength was nice, even if it was defying some mass/friction laws.

Some fanservice came out of nowhere too. Remember how I said I couldn't take it 100% seriously? This "dark" scene is partially why:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8859/97879907.jpg

I had a dreadful feeling when Utu asked Fatina to marry her. Not because I dislike the pairing, but depending on the answer, it would have degraded her to a hot but slutty blond. Jolly good that she refused (that's Fatina for ya!), and instead, warmed him up (http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1741/grab3.jpg) warmed up to him much later. Utu's not as passive as Jul, so it could make an even more dynamic couple.

The part about Gil and Ki made no sense. Shadow Gil was killed, and so was the real Gil, so I initially thought the one sitting on the castle at the end was either a spirit, or Gil given back his young and now mortal body to live the rest of his days off.

Then, there was this:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6303/45208030.jpg

:confused:

Marik
Sat, 03-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice find @ first pic. I didn't notice that when I watched it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, thinking about it, what was he doing before Jil interupted ;) Must be hard having a brother like that.

One thing I forgot to mention was how I liked Jil's speed in the end. It was a believable and effective way to give a final powerup to an otherwise fully developed character. It plays nicely with the first (or second?) episode where the thieves tried to lift his armour while he was busy recruiting Climbers.

Guess speed and exposed shoulders always come hand in hand:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3932/73564586.jpg

Archangel
Tue, 03-31-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't really get the chibi-Succubus holding the wooden Ki-spoon with Neeba, I guess that was supposed to be some sort of heaven?

Seeing as she was chibi i assumed she used up her power for Neeba to live on either in the tower or in some outer dimension. The spoon was just because she's the anti-Ki

I had a dreadful feeling when Utu asked Fatina to marry her. Not because I dislike the pairing, but depending on the answer, it would have degraded her to a hot but slutty blond. Jolly good that she refused (that's Fatina for ya!), and instead, warmed him up warmed up to him much later. Utu's not as passive as Jul, so it could make an even more dynamic couple.

Nah, they would make too much of an weird couple.

I was rooting for Jil x Fatina the whole way till the end even though i knew it was a lost cause. Seriously, besides the fact that she's hot can anyone tell me something positive about Kaaya?

Overall a happy and mushy ending, just how i like them.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I was rooting for Jil x Fatina the whole way till the end even though i knew it was a lost cause. Seriously, besides the fact that she's hot can anyone tell me something positive about Kaaya?Even being of the pro-Fatina faction, there are plenty of redeeming factors about Kaaya. Granted, most of them are in the first season where she was more prominently featured.
(It's a trade off, she was hotter in the second season solely due to costume and styling choices. Or rather we actually discovered how attractive she really is.)

While she was certainly rather subdued due to the gravity of the task before her and considering her lineage, Kaaya's real personality does seem to be more in line with her grandmother. She too lies and plays tricks on others for her own slightly sadistic enjoyment. Fatina is a lot more straightforward, serious, and seems to greatly dislike lying to anyone other than herself.

Kaaya, when not worried about killing her own grandfather, is a bit more of the chipper or "genki" character type. My personal favorite part about Kaaya in the first season was where she lied to Jil, multiple times, about how terribly sick she was so that she might essentially torture him playing the original Druaga Arcade game in order to get treasure.

She's a lot more mischievous than Fatina, and that's a pretty attractive character trait in a girl, in anime or in real life.

Archangel
Thu, 04-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Well i have to agree that she was a lot more interesting in season 1, it's just that season 2 made me forget all of that

I still think she should have died and left Jil to Fatina.