PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 101-102

unandpw
Thu, 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 101v2 - 720p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=55970)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 101v2 - 480p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=55969)

[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 102 - 720p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=55972)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 102 - 480p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=55971)

Kraco
Thu, 03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Two useless episodes. Especially the latter one. Absolutely nothing happened in it. Well, it looks like things will start to move on in the next episode.

I hope the Akatsuki dudes will crash the party soon.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
As Kraco said, two useless episodes.
And it was annoying how CrunchyRoll butched them even more by adding the intro and ending to both, messing up the subs. They appeared late. Very annoying. Had to fix them manually through vobsub

Oniken
Fri, 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
One hour, nothing happened. *yawn*

Noticed the subs were off too, don't suppose you could show me how to do that RyougaZell? :p

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Right click over the Direct Vob Sub Icon on the Windows Bar (Green Arrow)
Choose Direct VobSub (auto-loading version)
Go to the Timing screen
On Subtitle timing input -1000 milliseconds

The subs on this two eps should be watchable after the openings now (before the openings they are fine)

This must be deleted before seeing any other file, because then everything else will be off.

If you want to permanently fix them, you need to extract the sub file with MKVMerge's brother file (forgot its name) and manually fix the script. IMHO this ain't worth it. I'm never watching this episodes again anyway.

Oniken
Fri, 03-27-2009, 01:45 AM
awesome thank you, I knew this could be done but never figured it out and I'm sure it will come in handy for other stuff too

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-27-2009, 02:00 AM
So whats the count on the number of times the phrase "place where someone thinks about you" has been said up to now? 80? 90?

Aside from that though, I didn't mind these episodes. Nothing important happened, but they're making the filler characters feel less two dimensional.

I also wanted to give props for them having Naruto actually say the thing I was thinking when he called out TenTen being the only girl not on the sealing team. TenTen gets left out of everything!

kmkze04
Fri, 03-27-2009, 03:52 AM
This series just reached a new low on my shit list.

Xyrox
Fri, 03-27-2009, 05:09 AM
I suspect that the phrase "place where someone thinks about you" comes from the manga - much like how they used "who do you think the king is" thing. Blergh.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Aside from that though, I didn't mind these episodes. Nothing important happened, but they're making the filler characters feel less two dimensional.

Aye, I'll second this... I actually think Guren may be my favorite filler character ever. Her bad guy -> good guy conversion path has come across as much better done and more believable then any of the others in the series (filler or not), other then maybe Zabuto. At least in my opinion. I'm not about to start singing the praises of the filler and wish we could get back to the main story, but I'll admit I rather hope Guren goes over to the Hidden Leaf and ends up joining the village, even if we never see her again.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Ehh, I don't really expect Gurren to live through this arc.

But I agree, her inevitable change of heart has already been handled better than, say, Sai's was.

Azonalanthious
Sat, 03-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Ehh, I don't really expect Gurren to live through this arc.

But I agree, her inevitable change of heart has already been handled better than, say, Sai's was.

Oh, aye, I expect her to sacrifice herself at some point. But hope and expect aren't the same thing. ;)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-28-2009, 11:34 PM
*yawn*... This song might be more interesting than the episode:

[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED08 Single - Bacchi Koi!! [DEV PARADE].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20ED08%20Sin gle%20-%20Bacchi%20Koi!!%20%5BDEV%20PARADE%5D.zip.torrent )

...and I don't even like this song.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 03-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I suspect that the phrase "place where someone thinks about you" comes from the manga - much like how they used "who do you think the king is" thing. Blergh.

I dont recall that being in the manga. That is all filler juice right there.

Pandadice
Tue, 03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
well guys, i thought these episodes had a real nice "calm before the storm" feel to them. it's making me really anticipate the next episode. I liked the atmosphere in them.

i don't understand the sealing thing.. how do they seal it off into empty space where no one can ever get it? i don't understand this...

and (if i remember correctly) they said "a three tails" (maybe a couple times?), it's probably just the translation/subs, but "a three tails is here" sounds to imply that there would/could be more than 1.

but if there's only 1, and they're gonna seal it for eternity.. why??? what? they're just going to permanently remove the weapon from the game? how's that fair? not to mention if a bunch of kids like these could seal it, why haven't others been sealed/how do people even know that there are still others out there? i dunno. i'm tired. and i watched these a couple days ago but just realized i never commented on them.

Kraco
Tue, 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Obviously there's only one three tails, just like there's only one one tail (that Gaara had) or nine tails that Naruto has. Sealing them can be achieved since those two were sealed inside Gaara and Naruto, and Akatsuki has been sealing them inside a statue. However, Jinchuuri can be nasty people and possessing a demon inside you isn't necessarily comfortable for the host, so apparently Konoha this time intends to send the demon back to whatever dimension it normally resides in, preventing it from entering their world again. Looks like Konoha isn't interesting in having two Jinchuuriki or nobody knows how to create one, so the best option for them is to make sure nobody else can capture it, either. Especially Oro.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Why?I've always liked to think of Tailed Beasts like bulks of uranium. They've existed in nature and are generally harmful, but people have wanted to harness it for their own purposes. While it's possible, it's not exactly safe (the well controlled Two-Tailed host may detest otherwise), and like all weapons, require maintenance (transferring hosts when one's about to die in this case) and can be stolen.

It seems perfectly normal for certain factions to deem them undesirable to have around at all.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
but if there's only 1, and they're gonna seal it for eternity.. why??? what? they're just going to permanently remove the weapon from the game? how's that fair? not to mention if a bunch of kids like these could seal it, why haven't others been sealed/how do people even know that there are still others out there?What Buff said.

It's a nuclear bomb. You want to get rid of it because it's a walking tragedy. But you don't get rid of it because it would leave you powerless against against someone that didn't get rid of theirs.

Also, the others ARE sealed. Into people. Or haven't you been paying attention to what a Jinchuuriki is.

It's also blatantly obvious at this point that there are nine tailed beasts.

Pandadice
Thu, 04-02-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah, there are 9.. i'm trying to think of how many we've seen. we've got the 1, 2 here's the 3, ... and.. 9? is that all we've seen in the anime?

how does akatsuki even know that 4,5,6,7,8 haven't already been sealed into empty space?

Azonalanthious
Thu, 04-02-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah, there are 9.. i'm trying to think of how many we've seen. we've got the 1, 2 here's the 3, ... and.. 9? is that all we've seen in the anime?

how does akatsuki even know that 4,5,6,7,8 haven't already been sealed into empty space?

Well, I would imagine that what has been sealed can be unsealed. Hence the charakra leak in naruto or akatsuki's ability to draw the beast out of gaara and the two-tails girl. But if unsealing requires, say, the scroll that Tsunade sent with them, it would be much easier to guard a scroll (even a huge one) from theft by the ill intentioned then to guard a giant super-powerful beast who wanted you dead.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sun, 04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
In the Akatsuki / Gaara episodes, didnt the statue that they were sealing Gaara's beast in show how many other beasts they had captured?
I don't think it showed which ones they had captured but at least you could see how many they had already captured from the statue.

Azonalanthious
Mon, 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
If memory serves (and no promised that it does, I didn't go back and double check), draining Gaara caused one of the statue's eyes to open. My impression at the time was that each beast would cause one eye to open, which may be what you are thinking of. BUT, I vaguely remember that when they drained the two-tails something happened that caused me to change my mind about that... either it turned out that the Gaara eye hadn't opened all the way or the two-tails opened an eye and a half or something of that nature - I don't recall exactly what.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-15-2009, 05:19 AM
I think the eyes are always open. But when they drain a tailed beast I'm positive that a pupil appears in one of the eyes.

Gaara's was the third Bijuu they captured. The Two-tails was the fourth.

Assertn
Wed, 04-15-2009, 11:32 AM
I think the eyes are always open. But when they drain a tailed beast I'm positive that a pupil appears in one of the eyes.

Gaara's was the third Bijuu they captured. The Two-tails was the fourth.
I'm pretty sure Gaara was the 4th Bijuu they captured.