PDA

View Full Version : Who is the strongest current captain?

Dansetsu
Wed, 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Since the turn back the pendulum series is now in the anime and we got to se the old captains in action, I've been wondering. Who is the strongest captain now? Personally, I think the old captains were nothing compared to the captains we have today. In my opinion, the past captains were nothing but villagers who who stepped up as the first captains and were the equivalent of being the strongest in the town, so they were chosen as the first captains. The captains now, were chosen because they we truly bad ass and strong and are really good at what they do as the leader of their squads.

Soifon can take down people with her released weapon without them even knowing they were touched.

Aizen was a beast all along even before his rank as the 5th captain.

Kyoraku is even stronger now than he was back then. Most likely he's the strongest in my opinion.

Gin could own multiple hollows with his sword barely being used. And god knows how strong he is now.

I don't know about Tousens abilities so he's hard to make a call on.

So who do you think is the strongest captain?

Yes I know the three rebel captains aren't captains anymore but they should mentioned at least because they were introduced as the first captains to the readers.

Side Note:I should probably also point out that no one really knows how storng the three rebel captains (Gin Aizen and Tousen) really are. I mean suuposedly not even stark gives any of them trouble and even bows to them. We know what Aizen can do, somewhat. And Gin chopped off Grimmjows arm just to show who's boss in town. So the only one left is Tousen. I also didn't put in the old man general because that would be a cpo out. And I also didn't mention the healer girl because shes not a fighter.

enkoujin
Wed, 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
There are a few notes to this poll which are inconsistent with the storyline.

Who said "the old captains" consisted of people from the rural Rukongai? There are many political and legislative changes throughout the centuries at Seireitei by Central 46, so we cannot assume as such. Assuming that your theory about Soul Society's past is correct, where do the academies that train aspiring Shinigami fit in? Again, it's been mentioned that there are only four noble families in Soul Society, and unless all thirteen Captains came from the four noble families, I don't see how they are able to legitimately to receive Captain status with ease [with exception with Kenpachi, who killed the former eleventh Captain].

In addition, I think it's purely obvious that Captains were chosen because of being "truly bad ass and strong" because if not, how would they be able to protect Soul Society...?

Soifon's Shikai involves a butterfly spawning from the place infected. How you wouldn't be able to notice such a mark that covers quite a bit of your body is nearly impossible. It is true though that she would be a better and stealthier Captain if she did not have to explain her Shikai's effects every single time to her opponents (suppose it informs us about what is happening though).

What evidence do you have that shows that Kyoraku has been stronger than "back then" himself in the Pendulum arc? Kyoraku never even fought in the Pendulum arc. Plus, the only three fights I am aware of that Kyoraku has participated in - against Chad, the mock alliance with Ukitake against Yamamoto and the current battle with Stark right now (which has yet to be shown).

Tousen's abilities are known to us. Tousen's Bankai allows him to hinder a target's senses [except touch] within a dome. Plus, Tousen was the one who cut off Grimmjow's arm.

Furthermore, there's the fact that we are not exposed to everyone's Bankai yet. This makes the poll quite ineffective because there's a huge gap in comparison of Shikai and Bankai, the latter which takes decades to attain under normal circumstances. What are we using as a comparison reference? Plus, are we including the Vaizards as well?

The only Captains that I think that are top tiers are respectfully [when comparing potentials and abilities shown thus far], Aizen-Yamamoto, Gin-Isshin, Urahara-Yoirichi-Kenpachi, and Byakuya-Tousen.

Plus, Dansetsu, I know this is a provocative comment, but this is a visual image representation of me whenever I see your terribly written and shortsighted posts:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/xSharinganx/mad.png

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
The only Captains that I think that are top tiers are respectfully [when comparing potentials and abilities shown thus far], Aizen-Yamamoto, Gin-Isshin, Urahara-Yoirichi-Kenpachi, and Byakuya-Tousen.

Why exactly are you pairing them? I hope it isn't because you think that it's because they are similar in fighting style and power level. Byakuya and Tousen? And Urahara Yoruichi and Kenpachi? What similarities do you see there I wonder.

And again I have to ask. Why the hell does everyone think Urahara is so good? Yeah he knew how to handle his in a bar fight, but that doesn't mean he's captain level like the others. We really haven't seen anything from him yet.

enkoujin
Wed, 04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
The pairs are what I consider approximate equivalence in accordance with each other based on...

...[when comparing potentials and abilities shown thus far]...

The others are purely personal opinions based on what I observe from the manifestation of
my imagined "Bleach fantasy-battles", where I would play out possible situations and their outcomes of a struggle between the known characters in Bleach.

To go into details about my pairings, Yamamoto has not really shown us the full potential Shikai, let alone his Bankai. It is a given that he is the strongest within the Gotei 13 as he is the main figurehead in this military force. On the other hand, Aizen has demonstrated chilling devastation with only a fraction of his reiatsu in his Kido [spells], along with his almost impossible-to-counter Shikai effects. Again, we still have no idea of Aizen's extent and potential with a Bankai and the Hougyoku.

For Gin, I am fairly biased in his favor because he is my favorite character. Isshin stands as my second, both due to their mysterious pasts and great potentials. Gin, as a child, had already killed the 5th division's 3rd seat in the Pendulum arc, putting him at a near-lieutenant level. Now that he is an adult [uncertain] (Soul Society has no rules on ages or physical growth as presented thus far), his skills must have exponentially risen after achieving Bankai and its benefits. Isshin appears as a fallen-warrior archetype, losing his status and Shinigami powers and he had killed the infamous arrancar Grand Fisher without releasing his Shikai or Bankai form. Plus, Isshin is friends with Urahara and Ryuken as well.

For Urahara, Yoruichi and Kenpachi, these three can move up or down in any level of my list of tiers. In fact, I could probably slot in Urahara in with Gin and Isshin. He had replaced Hikifune, an appointed Royal Guard, for the 12th division, has a female Zanpakuto, developed and used the three-day Bankai training method, developed the Hogyoku, and has versatile Shikai abilities capable of wreaking havoc:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/194/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/194/14/

Urahara also has many connections [Vizard] and is a very intellectual man, as exemplified when he was appointed to the Shinigami Research and Development Institute (12th Squad perks).

Yoruichi appears to be the master at Hakuda in this field - most likely more than Soifon. She hasn't revealed her Shikai or Bankai yet, and has the ability to infuse her Kido with her Hakuda (along with other movesets).

Kenpachi has shown hints that he is/has learned his Zanpakuto's name. Along with what we already know has the Captain who had forced his way into the Gotei 13 by dispatching the former deceased one, and wearing a special eye patch to control the secretion, if I may use that word, of his outstanding reiatsu. His personality ranks really high because his recklessness and aggression turns out to be an excellent tool as an aid in battle. Recently shown, and as mundane as it is, using two hands to wield his Zanpakuto delivers unbelivable blows to enemies.

I am not going into detail about Byakuya and Tousen, with exception to that Byakuya is a Flash-Step expert, has a lethal bankai with a Bankai ability called Shukei to boot [white wings, white sword] and many other Shikai/Bankai abilities in his moveset. Tousen's Bankai, as we know it, is super strong and very few Shinigami can be immune to its effects.

With what being said, you can tell very well how I placed the respective characters in my personalized list of tiers within the Bleach universe. You can also take into the consideration the battle data from the following when adding the points from Offense, Defense, Kido, Intelligence and Physical categories, although I would not take it to heart:

1 - Yamamoto/Aizen = 560
2 - Unohana = 540
3 - Kyōraku = 530
4 - Byakuya = 510
5 - Hitugaya = 500
6 - Ukitake = 490
7 - Gin = 480
8 - Komamura = 470
9 - Tousen/Soifon = 460
10 - Mayuri = 430
11- Kenpachi = 390

Furthermore, the mere fact that Kubo has been intentionally delaying the revelations of such powers endowed to the Captains and various people applied gives valid to the idea that such characters mentioned must be great and close to the constrained levels of omnipotence in this universe. This, in colloquial terms, is called a "trump card" which will unveil "epic" reactions in Kubo's audience after such a dreading and terrible arc which we now call the everlasting "Hueco Mundo" or "Saving Orihime Recycle" arc.

Dansetsu, my opinions with or without evidence from the aforementioned post seemed very much like axioms, it's hard to believe that you're attempting to refute my post. I am done with this "discussion" because having only two people replying and posting to each other is not very discussion-like.