PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 212

Marik
Tue, 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
[DB]​ Bleach​ 212​ [37F33548].avi (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b212.torrent)

Penner
Tue, 03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Let's Roll!

Maverick-DBZ-
Tue, 03-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Let's Roll!

+1 :cool:

It's crazy how strong Aizan was back then, epic stuff! Now the fights will have a lot more meaning to them when the Vaizards catch up to him.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM
And we finally reach Bleach's last episode. Do yourselves a favor and don't try to see next episode... a Casshern parody? They have 100 more damn years before Ichigo is around and they decide to do this? BLEH!!!

The episode was brilliant. And I insist... the Shinigami are morons. The Old man captain, those old bats of the council and the current captains are all idiots.

The last screen with the Vaizards was epic.

arondruiz
Wed, 03-25-2009, 02:17 AM
9/10 for this arc overall, so well done... It reminds me of the quality Bleach had back in the SS days. Very consistent art, animation, and pacing all the way through. The only reason I don't give it a 10/10 is because of the censoring. It's really too bad Bleach switched to an earlier time slot.

By the way, even though the next episode(s) is technically filler, it is based off a little skit that the manga author created(just like the Don Kanonji episodes back in the day). So it might be worth it to check it out.

Nadouku
Wed, 03-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Great episode, but I really wish that Aizen had fought against Urahara and Tessai for more badass action. Tessai hurling that spell was already destructive enough to make me demanding for more between them, but it was interesting, for the most part, on how Urahara tried to save them. It's great to see the Vaizards leave to fight, at least.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Sigh...

Soul Society is just...infuriatingly retarded.

I can honestly say now that I'm super glad Aizen already murdered everyone in room 46 because they were all dipshits.

It's exactly as RZ says, they're all morons.

It's weird because the previous arc gives the impression that Urahara and the Captain-commander might not have been on such bad terms. But then you realize what actually happened is they spent 100 years hating Urahara, and then the SS arc happens and they're like "Yeah, um, so you remember 100 years ago when you said Aizen was the badguy? Well turns out you were right so we'd like to work together with you again."

I was wondering who was going to replace Aizen, Gin and Tousen as captains before now, but now I suspect when the Hueco Mundo arc ends they'll probably just give Youruichi, Urahara and the other guy their Captaincies back.

Also, wtf is up with SS's punishment scale? Urahara's crime is essentially murdering 8 captains and vice captains and he gets banished, while Rukia lends some guy her powers and she gets execution?

*sigh* at least the Vizard were badasses to balance out all the frustration this episode gave me.

And interesting that Time and Space Kidou is apparently "forbidden".

arondruiz
Wed, 03-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Also, wtf is up with SS's punishment scale? Urahara's crime is essentially murdering 8 captains and vice captains and he gets banished, while Rukia lends some guy her powers and she gets execution?

It's true that Urahara's punishment seemed a little weak for what happened. But you're forgetting that Aizen was already in control BEFORE Rukia was brought back to SS. So he was the one who decided the sentencing.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I felt this ep was really well done, especially the end, it looked just like I had imagined when I read it. Inspiring, badass, awesome. It's too bad we may never get to see the aftermath of the Vaizards 'roll' since the show is so close to the manga now and the current arc has dragged on so long they may have to to pull a pseudo-Naruto in order to tell the story without breaking up every single arc to the point where it's just ridiculous.

Here's to hoping they wise up and try to give us another long coherant arc like the bount or Amagai arcs instead of a bunch of throw away oneshots that completely depower the main characters and downplay all the serious elements of the series in favor of the slapstick elements. But if they want to go slapstick most of the Vizored are established as pretty funny, maybe sticking them in early 20th century Japan without a clue could be entertaining.

Penner
Wed, 03-25-2009, 10:24 AM
If they make some comedy-based filler eps i really want more of Ichigos family matters with his Dad, man he is fucking hilarious....DEADLY DADDY SLIDE!...ahaha that shit still cracks me up ;P

Nadouku
Wed, 03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
It's weird because the previous arc gives the impression that Urahara and the Captain-commander might not have been on such bad terms.

Yea because the General Commander wasn't the one that exiled everyone since it was the Central 46's decision and General Commander was also subjected to such treatment as well (using Amagai Sucksuke's example of denying the General Commander of any search warrant against the Kasumi family). I'm pretty sure he bears no malice towards Urahara, Tessai, and the Vaizards. The other time that he acts like a douche, he claims to be following the rules, but I agree. I'm glad that Aizen decided to kill everyone in the Central 46 chamber.

Here's to hoping they wise up and try to give us another long coherant arc like the bount or Amagai arcs...

The things I hope for are better story, powerful enemies to keep us entertained, new ally characters that are likable, and a satisfying end to the arc. Bount arc was fairly good, but they could have done better. Amagai Sucksuke arc totally destroyed that illusion because it started off as something good, with a potential, but ended up with a weak basis, horrible, horrible reason for revenge, and two characters that follow the princess around and annoyingly belittles Ichigo with their haughtiness.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I think I would have liked the Amagai arc if it hadn't existed in this weird limbo timeline, so it FELT even more fillerish.

The bount are was good because it built slowly, had many powerful enemies, and it took place in the place it was actually located in in the series.

The amagain arc built up slowly, but it only had two enemies that didn't suck, and it took place outside the series timeline.

I think the biggest dropped ball was the series of arcs that took place after they introduced the arrancar and Grimmjow, but before they went to Heuco Mundo. They had a period there where a normal Hollow Arrancar would have made an enemy of believable power before the series jumped to the Espada's power level, but they wasted it on a relatively brief arc.

The second arc I think was a missed opportunity was the one with the Adjuchas when they first got to Hueco Mundo. It was a good setup, with an interesting concept, but it was wasted on weak main villains and was way too short. Granted, non-Arrancars shouldn't have posed much of a threat, but they could have easily written it that the main characters were drastically weakened upon entering Heuco Mundo until there bodies could adjust(much like during the beginning of the Bounto Arc, Ichigo couldn't use Bankai in the real world until he adjusted to the earths spirit particles, which I think was a damn fine piece of work-around writing).

Yukimura
Wed, 03-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Having a good coherent filler storyline is certainly a lot to ask for but I'm more afraid of Narutoization than I am of another Amagai/Bount level attempt that flops over all. I'll take the Amagai arc again before I want to see Bleach descend to the level of the Curry of Life and protecting Elvis impersonators or other such nonsense.

Nintendo
Wed, 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Having a good coherent filler storyline is certainly a lot to ask for but I'm more afraid of Narutoization than I am of another Amagai/Bount level attempt that flops over all. I'll take the Amagai arc again before I want to see Bleach descend to the level of the Curry of Life and protecting Elvis impersonators or other such nonsense.

I'm Totaly With You Coz i'm Afraid of The Same Thing

digitalrurouni
Wed, 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with the person who said that the Central 46 getting slaughtered was a good thing. This episode was awesome and this was a good end to the arc. Despite having read the mangas, it does not compare seeing it come to life in the anime.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
But if they want to go slapstick most of the Vizored are established as pretty funny, maybe sticking them in early 20th century Japan without a clue could be entertaining.

This would be badass.
Someone should write a fanfic about this at least...

kmkze04
Thu, 03-26-2009, 02:28 AM
I see a lot of comments on Urahara being banished and all that and comments on Captain Commander Genryuusai being dumb for letting it all slide and whatnot. I trust you guys get what I'm pointing at.

To me, from the sounds of what Yoruichi was saying, as well as the Vaizards, Urahara knew what was going on and had planned for it down to every little detail. The way that he and SS are working together currently, I'm led to believe that Yama-jii KNEW about what was going on, but was unable to do anything directly due to Central 46.

This being the case, he very well may have sent Yoruichi to break out Urahara, and allow them to secret themselves in the real world (hence why no one has ever been sent to hunt down Urahara or the Vaizards) in preparation for Urahara's plan for the worst-case scenario.

If Yama-jii were completely clueless to the plan and Aizen, he would have long since hunted down Urahara and the Vaizard as traitors. The facts that Urahara receives SS supplies and is freely visited and ordered by SS personnel makes me think that he is indeed supported behind the scenes.

Kraco
Thu, 03-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Even tough he is an idiot, he might have indeed realised back then everything is not what it looks like, and thus didn't pursue Urahara any further. However, that doesn't even need to be the case. The man is always following rules, traditions, and the most obvious route to the letter. Central 46 having banished Urahara, he didn't do anything more, because that was the sentence. Searching for the vaizards would have most likely meant disclosing the case for a number of people, which probably was denied by Central 46 (under Aizen's influence).

What comes to Yoruichi, she wouldn't have needed anybody's help or encouragement. She's obviously very fond of Urahara and would have saved him and his project in any case, and surely was capable of that on her own.

Based on this episode I wonder if Tousen is in fact kind of like the blind guy in Rurouni Kenshin; masking his mortal fear and inferiority to Aizen under pretty words of justice and principles. This small arc made me think he's even more full of shit. Well, he's most likely the first to die of these three, so it's ok.

Artris
Thu, 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure I understand those who say Central 46 and Yama are idiots: Aizen's power allows him to make anyone believe anything, with perhaps only the slightest of tendency towards that belief (basically it has to be plausible, I would assume: we haven't seen enough of it to know really), or maybe its a trust issue.

Regardless, you can't blame Central or Yama for anything that happened while Aizen was in SS. That would be like blaming a rape victim for being raped.

Kraco
Thu, 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM
It's not like all the people there were Aizen's puppets. Rukia's totally out of proportion sentence didn't mean anything to him, not even when a portion of the captains went against it. The oldest among the captains, no less. Anyway, Aizen's plots have been running under his nose for more than a century and he didn't have a clue at all. The man is an idiot. I don't know why you try to defend him. I'm sure he would be a jolly good commander as long as the only enemies are consistently ugly hollows and the only inside trouble is drunken disorderly behavior.

Artris
Thu, 03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
It's not like all the people there were Aizen's puppets. Rukia's totally out of proportion sentence didn't mean anything to him, not even when a portion of the captains went against it. The oldest among the captains, no less. Anyway, Aizen's plots have been running under his nose for more than a century and he didn't have a clue at all. The man is an idiot. I don't know why you try to defend him. I'm sure he would be a jolly good commander as long as the only enemies are consistently ugly hollows and the only inside trouble is drunken disorderly behavior.

I actually forgot about the few captains who did see through it: that's a very valid point. I'm not too quick to defend old man Yama, but I don't think it comes down to a matter of intelligence as much as the chain of command. Yama follows the orders of Central 46, at least in matters such as Rukia's predicament. He may not like it, but his responsibility is to enforce it. He may very well make inquiries, or question Central 46 on their decision, but he wouldn't do it openly. You should also consider that, perhaps, Yama has been more of a target for Aizen's powers since he is in a position of power. Why would Aizen go after one of the other captains directly, unless they got in his way? Finally, I should mention that the other captains interfering may very well have been part of his plans.

As for the disparity of sentences, both sentences served Aizen well. Aizen wouldn't want Kisuke dead, once he knew Kisuke was conduction holofication research, and Aizen wanted Rukia burned to a char, since there was no risk in that method to losing the square shiny, willful holofication thingamajig.

I think people are underestimating the power of Aizen's zanpaktou. Another possibility is that Yama is actually working for Aizen, as crazy as that may seem. I mean, the mans old as dirt and still hasn't been promoted to king's guard. He could hold a grudge, I suppose.

Kraco
Thu, 03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
He certainly was working for Aizen - unknowingly, of course. He was the perfect kind of a commander for an insidious villain in the shadows: He always did what the textbook said, never questioned orders (from Central 46), and most likely trusted his first impressions of people until contrary evidence is piled so high he can't anymore see the tip of his own nose. I guess the perfect opposite of Shinji who was too suspicious, yet the same in the one detail that mattered the most to Aizen: Completely predictable.

Anime1215
Thu, 03-26-2009, 10:41 PM
What I don't understand is at the end of the episode when Shinji saids that he owns a lot to Kisuke and Aizen. What did Aizen do that benefit the Vizards witht he exception of a new enhance powers ?

digitalrurouni
Thu, 03-26-2009, 11:03 PM
What I don't understand is at the end of the episode when Shinji saids that he owns a lot to Kisuke and Aizen. What did Aizen do that benefit the Vizards witht he exception of a new enhance powers ?

I dont think they meant in a good way. They probably did when it comes to Urahara being that he tried to cure them and it looks like stabilized their Hollow forms...and also kept them from being slaughtered by Soul Society...but not in the case of Aizen.

sl00ke
Thu, 03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
what he meant by "by owe alot" is that its payback time!

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry, no, the only power Aizen has is that he makes completely believable illusions. He doesn't CONTROL their minds. I'm sorry, but your gonna render your decision on something as important as 4 captains dying on the fact that people saw someone who looked like Aizen at the time of the crime? Yeah, that MIGHT be acceptable in the real world, but in a world were everyone has unique magic powers you are RETARDED to make decisions like that in 15 seconds like room 46 did.

I think that's always one of the most infuriating plot devices there is. The "court room where the defendant doesn't get to defend himself". It's one thing when the people running the court are evil, and know the defending is innocent and are trying to railroad him, it's another thing entirely when the people running the court are just dicks and would rather yell at them rather that give them the facts.

That scene is literally, "Aizen says you did it and lots of people saw Aizen so EXILES AND EXECUTIONS FOR EVERYONE! YAAR! NO TALKING!!"

The non-retarded response would have been, "Hmm, okay, the evidence seems to point to Aizen being right, but why don't you give us your story? Hmm, doesn't sound very believable, but before I make any irreversible decisions, I'll have some of the Squads investigate it. In the meantime of course, I'll have to imprison the two of you, and the hollow captains. Just to be on the safe side, I should probably take Aizen, Gin and Tousen off duty for the moment as well."

Kraco
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:51 AM
The non-retarded response would have been, "Hmm, okay, the evidence seems to point to Aizen being right, but why don't you give us your story? Hmm, doesn't sound very believable, but before I make any irreversible decisions, I'll have some of the Squads investigate it. In the meantime of course, I'll have to imprison the two of you, and the hollow captains. Just to be on the safe side, I should probably take Aizen, Gin and Tousen off duty for the moment as well."

If they had done such a thing, they would have needed to change the label from shounen to seinen...

Artris
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Totally agree with you there, Darthender. Yet I wonder if we can apply our value system to SS. Death in SS is just being born in the real world. Now, from the stand point of finding out what is going on, Central 46 doesn't seem to give a shit, or they are just totally whacked out by Aizen's power.

Aizen's power isn't just creating illusion, but creating an illusion so complete that you have to be directly opposed to it in order to escape it (I believe this to be the case at least: look what he did to his vice captain, and the other vice captain). Were Central 46 to be suspicious of Kisuke in the first place, what defense would they have to such an illusion? All they know is that Kisuke was someplace he wasn't supposed to be, against the orders of the first captain, and that a bunch of other captains had been experimented on. Add that to the fact that he just opened up the Tech. part of the 12th squad, and why would they research further if they know the truth, beyond a doubt, magnified by Aizen's power? Who knows what Aizen did to them: he had all night to come up with a counter.

More likely the writer is just lazy, but this is my take on it without calling the ruling council of SS 'tards.

Abdula
Fri, 03-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Really Artris, I don't know why you keep pushing the Aizen thing. All Aizen did was give himself an alibi and SS's retarded judicial system took care of the rest. This is hardly any different from Byakuya just letting Rukia get executed simply for the sake of following the rules. It appears that back then no one questioned anything, everyone just did what they were told and followed the rules, and anyone who so much as voiced their own opinion was considered "a dangerous element" and detained in the Maggots' nest.

Artris
Fri, 03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't know, I just feel like its not black and white. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that you are right though, that the rules in SS are rather extreme and unforgiving. Frankly if all it took was an alibi for Aizen to get out of that, then everyone in control is really lacking in the thought department. Perhaps it comes down to stagnation. I mean, these people have been doing what they do... forever I suppose. Personally I would hope it took a bit more effort on his part.

Either way its always fun discussing such topics, because they make people think. I mean, if we just accepted what such and such said as truth, without question, then we wouldn't be far from the extreme that is SS.

FaramirRat
Sat, 03-28-2009, 05:35 AM
I've been reading these forums for awhile now and I had to post my thought on this arc. I do agree that room 46 are retards and the captains that did not question them are also but in japan back in the soul society "era" it was you either do what your commanded and follow the rules or you get locked up or killed. Which brings me to the point of how this arc betrayed Soul Society. This arc was showing how soul society is evil or corrupt via when they showed and explained the magots lair and why they were there and how they were treated. Also showing how room 46 controlled soul society and made there decisions. Although aizen is evil and doing evil things just so he can be "King" he is also making the captains and the people who now control soul society to think about how it was ran and how soul society is corrupt in its own way. Such as we've seen how Ichigo, some captains and company think about there rules and how its being ran. As Artis said "The extreme that is SS".

David75
Wed, 04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Started bleach not too long ago, already at ep 212.

From Kisuke's perspective, or anyone in SS, the answer to Kisuke's argument that Aizen did the hollowifcation was:
"124 normal people and 1 captain saw him"

How come you already know that answer with so many people if it wasn't forged just for you?

I'll catch up tomorrow evening, it's too late to watch 3 more eps with a new work day starting in less than 7 hours.