PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 440

StillAlive
Thu, 03-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Onemanga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/01/)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM
That was cool that it was explained why the fox was sealed in Naruto. Had a feeling that it would all be dialogue...Classic line though...

"It's ok...I'm the son of the 4th Hokage...so I can deal"

Psyke
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
The 4th seemed so much like an unrest soul to me. I also get the feeling that Kishimoto's trying to tie up loose ends in the shortest possible way as well.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
The chapter was alright. Liked the fact that he just punched the 4th for everything he did to him. Didn't like the fact that Naruto was unharmed and already in Sage mode after having the Kyuubi sealed in him once more. His skin should have been torn off. But then again they'll most likely say something like
"Naruto was in Sage Mode all the time so that protected him"

Flaps
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Anyone else getting the feeling that it could have been Madara that took over Amagakure and killed Hanzou instead of Pain?

michelous
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
can't wait to see how naruto will beat pain

Tobydelaroka
Thu, 03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I want to see more conversation with the 4th :(
why kishi? why?

Assertn
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone else getting the feeling that it could have been Madara that took over Amagakure and killed Hanzou instead of Pain?
What would be the point of that?

Flaps
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Well since it's been more or less stated that Pain is Madara's puppet, it could perhaps explain as to why.
Or of course his manipulative behaviour could have led to that ;).

Sidnne
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I want to see more conversation with the 4th :(
why kishi? why?

I did too. I was actually disappointed with the conversation; I was hoping it would be more profound and informative. There was a LOT that Naruto could have learned from the 4th and basically all he got was an "I believe in you" pep-talk.

One thing that bugged me about this chapter was that in the beginning of their conversation, Minato didn't know anything. He didn't know that the 3rd didn't tell Naruto anything and he didn't even know how old Naruto was. But then a few pages later he says he was watching from inside Naruto and knew that Konoha was destroyed and that Jiraiya was killed, and about Tobi and Akatsuki.

I did like when Naruto punched him though.

poopdeville
Thu, 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
What kind of special power does the Kyuubi give Naruto against Madara? Madara can control the Kyuubi.

Naruto is going to use the Yellow Flash technique soon. In the next chapter or the one after that.

Abdula
Thu, 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
All those things aside, that was an awesome chapter and the fourth Hokage is actually pretty cool.

animus
Thu, 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
The answers were kinda meh. "I believed you could use it", then why seal it, piss off the Kyuubi, then seal it again before you leave?

Honoko
Thu, 03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Even though it was meh, it's nice to get some solid confirmation, no matter how obvious. Madara's the uber-villain behind everything. Hooray.

Konohamaru!
Thu, 03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Hrm, interesting. I agree with you guys though. I wish the conversation would have been longer, and I didn't get how Minato didn't know the easy stuff like his age, but knew that Pain was the one who killed Jiraiya, etc.

Also, I was like 'what the heck?' at the end, where not only was Naruto unharmed from the 8tails tranformation, but was in Sage mode... Only explanation I can come up with is Minato either imparted the rest of his chakra into Naruto when restoring the seal, or he managed to stay still long enough to draw in a fair amount of natural energy, which doesn't really make sense to me since he just busted out of the rock and morphed back out of fox form. I dunno.

As for sealing the kyuubi inside of Naruto as a possible defense against Madara, he perhaps did it to potentially keep Madara from having control over the kyuubi with Naruto's mastery of/bonding with kyuubi, not to mention it's a crap ton of chakra... it's hard to tell before they face off though, because we've already seen Sasuke completely nullify the kyuubi from within Naruto. It'll be interesting to see how the relationship between Naruto and the kyuubi grows if it does at all... I know I've wanted to see them grow more a team though, so I hope that happens. I really enjoyed seeing the close relationship between killer bee and the 8 tails...

In addition, hell yah he's the son of the 4th, now show us some yellow flash! =)

FireEmblem
Thu, 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM
The 4th isn't always watching I guess? That's not that hard to believe. Did you expect him to be watching 24/7 when all he is is some chakra floating in space or whatever the hell?

The chapter was fine, and it answered a question I had. Even though I believed that Itachi's side of the story was the truth, some people believed Madara's "I DIDN'T DO IT =(" story and this completely answers who was telling the truth between the two.

As far as Naruto being healed. Don't you recover faster when you're in Sage Mode? Combined with Naruto's kyubi recovery it should be fine? But better question is who cares. That's not even important in this situation. He came out of that thing like a badass and that's what matters. For years people have been crying about how his character should more strictly fall under the shonen hero archetype (that's basically what people wanted from Naruto) and him standing there in sage mode even after undergoing that insane transformation is one of his genuine moments of badassness. + "Will of Fire".
It's the same reason why Luffy can keep getting up again and again and again (when we know the limitations of him being rubber have been met 20 times over as far as taking hits).

Good chapter, can't wait for the next.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty sure he just summoned that clone he left on frog mountain for the sage energy. Decent chapter, yet felt a little quick. I actually lol'ed at him punching his dad in the stomach.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
well, it's a shonen, after all.
could have done well without being so sentimental, and I would have much preferred if the whole chapter didn't feel like:

Naruto: man, 440 chapters? isn't this a bit to late for this reunion?
Minato: yes, we didn't plan on doing this, but it seems to happen in all the fan-fiction we read when we're out of ideas, so here we are.
Naruto: well, now what?
Minato: here's the script for the rest of the story. you need to kill that other guy, not Sasuke, of course. the guy that's being getting stupider ever since he first appeared.
Naruto: what? shouldn't I be dealing with Payne right now? he's pretty strong, wacked the village and killed Jiraya.
Minato: no, it's the hatred who killed Jiraya, not Payne.
Naruto: uhm, what? oh, whatever. so, what's now?
Minato: shonen heart your way to the summit, I guess. forget about everything that made you likable as a character. trust me, things will work out, you're my son, and because of that, destined to be awesome, no matter what you do.

best part was Naruto punching the forth. it's exactly what I hoped for (at the page before that).
the last page feels like a chapter in Ranma 1/2, when Ranma rides a giant energy wave to deliver a whoop-ass on his enemy, it looks sorta of the same, maybe Naruto magically learned control wind chackra and he could crush the meteor on Payne.

you already mentioned how completely retarded the forth seems, having both amazing clairvoyance about what's happening, yet failing to know, or to make notice, of the most regular things (oh, sixteen? have I been here for so long? captured inside your body, not being able to do anything but peek outside the mind of a adolescent boy and living vicariously for 16 years?)

also, If naruto ends up using the flash move (in the next few chapters), then I'm going to think about a Kyuubi being the 4th theory. it's fishy.

Konohamaru!
Thu, 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM
It's true that the yellow flash wouldn't make for all that exciting of action, but I do hope we get to see him use it at some point... Like to use it to get down from the boulder, although him using wind chakra to throw the boulder at Pain would be quite badass as well...

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 03-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I liked this chapter. First, I liked the fouth's personality.

Kyubi: "RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRRRR!!! BLOOD MURDER DEATH KILL YOOOOOOOOU!"

Minato: "You believe this guy? So noisy...lets get out of here."

Second, I like that Naruto's finally caught up information wise. He now knows the fourth's his dad, now know's Tobi's more than meets the eyes and probably was behind the attack that cost his dad his life. We also know finally that the Kyubi was sealed into Naruto because 1) the fourth believed it's power might be useful in defeating Tobi, and 2) that Naruto would be able to handle it (also given that he'd be essentially babysat by Jiraiya). Too bad the nine tails hasn't really shown us anything that can deal with what Tobi's shown us, but we'll see how they develop this.

digitalrurouni
Thu, 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Great chapter but I echo the sentiments of the other members in saying that we were expecting something more profound in terms of the conversation betwen father and son but it was cheese.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
How could it be profound? He obviously knew his time was limited so he had to fill naruto in with all the details as fast as he could, and still managed to get some sentimental stuff across.
Overal great chapter.

Assertn
Thu, 03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I think some people here were hoping for a hug. Maybe throw the ball around a bit, perhaps?

Sidnne
Thu, 03-19-2009, 10:42 PM
How could it be profound? He obviously knew his time was limited so he had to fill naruto in with all the details as fast as he could, and still managed to get some sentimental stuff across.
Overal great chapter.

You do realize there is an actual, real life person behind all of this who determines the rules of this make-believe land and these make-believe characters right?

Board of Command
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Hopefully Naruto suddenly learned how to harness the kyuubi chakra and ascend to a whole new level of hax.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:17 PM
The Fourth brought Naruto up to date about things other central characters knew, brought Naruto's demon under Naruto's control, the REASON WHY KYUBI WAS SEALED IN NARUTO was revealed, and there was all the cuteness one would hope to get from a father/son reunion this short. I'm not quite understanding what else people could've possibly wanted. I understand this manga isn't the greatest, but it has its moments to shine, and this chapter was one of them.

Carnage
Fri, 03-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Wait....so did he seal only half the Kyuubi's chakra so that Madara wouldn't be able to completely control Naruto?

Archangel
Fri, 03-20-2009, 08:24 AM
All those things aside, that was an awesome chapter and the fourth Hokage is actually pretty cool.

O_o

Someone hacked Abdula's account

Wait....so did he seal only half the Kyuubi's chakra so that Madara wouldn't be able to completely control Naruto?

That may be the reason why naruto seems to be the only jinchuriki who's unable to control his tailed beast.

Well i was expecting a little more from the live appearance of our very own chuck norris besides a pep talk and info we already had a long time ago.

That being sad his appearance automatically makes any chapter pure win so i still enjoyed it and the fact that naruto now knows who his father is should lead to some interesting repercussions in future chapters.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 03-20-2009, 09:16 AM

I could see that being a possibility, but what did he do with the other half?

Edit: He probably had to seal it in himself....Durf.

Assertn
Fri, 03-20-2009, 10:27 AM
I could see that being a possibility, but what did he do with the other half?

Edit: He probably had to seal it in himself....Durf.
We know where the other half is......
In the frog key.

This brings me back to my point last week, about what the significance of this is. How was Naruto seconds away from reaching 9 tails when part of the kyubi is sealed in the key?

Archangel
Fri, 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
We know where the other half is......
In the frog key.

This brings me back to my point last week, about what the significance of this is. How was Naruto seconds away from reaching 9 tails when part of the kyubi is sealed in the key?

Sealed in the frog key? I have no idea where you got that from Assertn, but i'm pretty sure that's not right.

The key, as the name gives away, only opens or closes naruto's seal according to its wishes. It doesn't contain any on the kyuubi's power in itself.

rockmanj
Fri, 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't remember anywhere where that was explicitly stated.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
I did like the fact that they explained Naruto not being told that he was the 4th's hier to the fact that it would not have been safe for Naruto. Whether it be that people knew that the 4th sealed Kyubi in his kid, or that the 4th just had that many people pissed at him for being so bad ass.

Still makes me wonder if Naruto's mom isnt around for the same reason, did they ever say whether or not she was killed?

Archangel
Fri, 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Still makes me wonder if Naruto's mom isnt around for the same reason, did they ever say whether or not she was killed?

It was never explicitly said but i think it's safe to assume she has passed away.

Patriot
Fri, 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Actually what I believe is that, when he says, thank you dad, he's out in the real world and you see his eyes. He's no longer the Kyuubi and he's uninjured. Then while he is standing there, still and motionless he quickly gathers sage mode chakra. Because he is now without any inner conflict and should be even stronger. So he is no longer bound by the it takes forever for him to gather chakra limitation.

But the easy answer was, he was always in Sage mode....that would be the cop out.

Konohamaru!
Fri, 03-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Actually what I believe is that, when he says, thank you dad, he's out in the real world and you see his eyes. He's no longer the Kyuubi and he's uninjured. Then while he is standing there, still and motionless he quickly gathers sage mode chakra. Because he is now without any inner conflict and should be even stronger. So he is no longer bound by the it takes forever for him to gather chakra limitation.

But the easy answer was, he was always in Sage mode....that would be the cop out.
I don't think hes out in the real world when he says 'thank you dad' just because he still has that funky stuff surrounding him in the air like they both did in the all white space, and then in the next frame he poofs tranforming out of fox form, but you could be right about the internal struggle thing being cured and allowing him to draw in natural chakra quickly enough to enter and support sage mode...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 03-21-2009, 10:43 AM
It was never explicitly said but i think it's safe to assume she has passed away.

Or she left for fear of her and Naruto's saftey. Maybe it was more reasonable for her to believe that he would be safer as an unknown orphan the the son of the 4th, so she left him.

Patriot
Sat, 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Or she left for fear of her and Naruto's saftey. Maybe it was more reasonable for her to believe that he would be safer as an unknown orphan the the son of the 4th, so she left him.

Kakashi was the student of the 4th. Which puts the 4th at the age of Jiraya, Orichimaru, and Tsunde, as they were students of the 3rd. If that theory is correct, I wouldn't put it past a lazy writer to end up making Tsunde Naruto's mom, especially if she is about to die. and It would make his Dad the 4th and his mom the 5th, and guess who would be the 6th...

But that's what a lazy writer who didn't care about plot wholes would do, not saying that this series writer would do that....

deadlydreamx
Sat, 03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Kakashi was the student of the 4th. Which puts the 4th at the age of Jiraya, Orichimaru, and Tsunde, as they were students of the 3rd. If that theory is correct, I wouldn't put it past a lazy writer to end up making Tsunde Naruto's mom, especially if she is about to die. and It would make his Dad the 4th and his mom the 5th, and guess who would be the 6th...

But that's what a lazy writer who didn't care about plot wholes would do, not saying that this series writer would do that....

Didnt they already mention naruto's mom and as far as i can remember it wasnt tsunade.

poopdeville
Sat, 03-21-2009, 11:41 PM

Nah, you've got the timeline wrong. The Third taught Jiraiya, who taught the Fourth. Kakashi was a student of the fourth, but he became a Jounin at like 11 years old. It has been 16 years since the Fourth died.

So the Fourth would be about 35-40 now, and Jiraiya would be 55 or so, and the Third would be like 65 (since he became Hokage at like 10).

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 03-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Tsunade isnt isnt Naruto's Mom.

She is... http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/382/10/

alec_potter
Sun, 03-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Well Naruto's mother is Uzumaki Kushina so that definately rules out Tsunade.

What I am interesting in knowing is why is everyone claiming that Naruto is in the Sage mode? Because other than his eyes looking like that I find no noticable change.

Sidnne
Sun, 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Well Naruto's mother is Uzumaki Kushina so that definately rules out Tsunade.

What I am interesting in knowing is why is everyone claiming that Naruto is in the Sage mode? Because other than his eyes looking like that I find no noticable change.

What noticeable change was there, besides his eyes, any of the other times he went into sage-mode?

He is in sage-mode. There's no debate.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 03-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Naruto's mom was a pretty brunette. We know what she looks like. It wasn't Tsunade.

Stitch
Sun, 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't get what the point of this chapter was. The only thing I really got from this is confirmation that Madara is one super badass who is in all likelihood toying with Sasuke and pimping him like a hoe.

Patriot
Sun, 03-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, my bad, I didn't used to read the manga and then one day I decided to, and went through 150 chapters in a sitting...Good thing there wasn't a test, thanks for the many who posted to point out my mistake..lol

So the question still remains, where did she go, now that I think about it, didn't it say that they both died protecting the villiage? If that is the case, they can always bring her out sometime in the future with some fancy writing arc...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 03-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah, my bad, I didn't used to read the manga and then one day I decided to, and went through 150 chapters in a sitting...Good thing there wasn't a test, thanks for the many who posted to point out my mistake..lol

So the question still remains, where did she go, now that I think about it, didn't it say that they both died protecting the villiage? If that is the case, they can always bring her out sometime in the future with some fancy writing arc...

I am pretty sure that was Iruka's parents. And that is why Mizuki tried to get him to take out his aggression on the Kyubi through Naruto.

Narasho
Mon, 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM

I am pretty sure that was Iruka's parents. And that is why Mizuki tried to get him to take out his aggression on the Kyubi through Naruto.

It was Iruka's parents. What happened to Naruto's mother has never been stated.