PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 393

Marik
Sun, 03-15-2009, 10:50 PM
One Piece 393 [ACSF] [720p] via MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ86YHAK)
One Piece 393 [ACSF] [480p] via MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B4ZFZJYF)

Torrent

[ACSF] One Piece 393 (x264 AAC 1280x720) [HD].mp4 @ mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/2383092)
[ACSF] One Piece 393 (XviD MP3 704x396) [SD].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=20759)

[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 393​ [720p][C159A3B0].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=20791)
[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 393​ [400p][94545FF3].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=20795)

One Piece doesn't air again until 3/29.

Raven
Mon, 03-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Nice to see Pedobear got a bit of air time.

Haha, Zoro came so close to making a huge mistake, and it was a good way of being saved. ;) It was nice seeing the perspective of the other rookies as they looked at him and hearing what they thought.

Xyrox
Mon, 03-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Nice episode. It was just a matter of time before Zoro would do something like this; I liked how it turned out. :D

So it seems like Jewelry Bonney has some kind of shape-shifting devil fruit?

Kraco
Mon, 03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
All those ruffians really go out of their way to ensure the little pirate haven right under the Marines' noses can go on living its own life. I suppose it makes sense, seeing how they need to get the coating for their ships, and if the world government started to turn the place upside down, it could get considerably harder.

Zoro, despite having a history as a pirate hunter, certainly lives a worriless life, not paying any attention any more to other bounty holders. Still, it fits his personality: He doesn't really care about anything else than fights, swords, and training.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
They actually seem to be afraid of having an Admiral come to the island because they are just that powerful. I guess if the 4 emperors, the 3 admirals and the 7 sea lords are supposed to balance each other out, it means that the 3 admirals are strong enough to take on the 7 shichubuki. So they all must be pretty badass.

Penner
Mon, 03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Zoro is so fucking badass.

Moar plz!

Assertn
Mon, 03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Zoro's one of the few characters that would go into instant blood-lust mode as soon as even a complete stranger draws a weapon on him.

FireEmblem
Mon, 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
They actually seem to be afraid of having an Admiral come to the island because they are just that powerful. I guess if the 4 emperors, the 3 admirals and the 7 sea lords are supposed to balance each other out, it means that the 3 admirals are strong enough to take on the 7 shichubuki. So they all must be pretty badass.

Well not just the 3 Admirals. Vice-Admirals are obviously a big force to be reckoned with and I'm under the impression that Fleet Admiral Sengoku is a beast.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-17-2009, 12:28 AM
I actually get the opposite impression.

He seems kinda like a bureaucrat to me. Like he's in command because of his command skills, not his fighting prowess.

Of course, that kinda flies in the face of shounen logic that the highest ranking member of the most powerful organization wouldn't be stupidly powerful.

But then, Spandam was a pussy so...who knows!

poopdeville
Tue, 03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I think both Garp and Sengoku were extremely strong. Sengoku had to be an admiral at some point to become the supreme admiral, after all. Garp was strong enough to keep up with Roger. But they're both old now. They're still strong, but the Admirals are stronger. Just what I think, anyway.

Oniken
Wed, 03-18-2009, 01:26 AM
This has been best start to a new arc for a long time imo. I kinda wished Zoro did hit the guy just to see what would happen next, and you know it will happen eventually anyway :D

chambers
Wed, 03-18-2009, 04:18 PM

its the opposite isnt it? The shichibukai work FOR the government because without them the power of the 4 emperors would vastly out do just the 3 admirals. SO in effect the 4 emperors must have a combined threat of LOWER than that of the 3 admirals and the shichibukai (probably because the emperors are unlikely to unite?).

Yeah great episode though... really nice to see zoro get some more treatment like that... although you have to wonder about these other pirates and what they are capable if they are pretty much in awe of zoro and we know sanji is in all likely hood pound for pound equal with zoro in fighting skills, with luffy far exceeding them both... what can these crews possibly offer to the strawhats who defeated the strongest man in what is basically the marines SAS!

And thats luffys/zoro/sanjis bounty WITHOUT the thriller bark info going on them, in kumas estimate he must place zoro on a close level to luffy at least and they are also leaving out enel who was incredibly powerful!

Kraco
Wed, 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
although you have to wonder about these other pirates and what they are capable if they are pretty much in awe of zoro and we know sanji is in all likely hood pound for pound equal with zoro in fighting skills, with luffy far exceeding them both...

I know of no such thing. Zoro is probably closer to Luffy than Sanji in fighting prowess. Actually I don't even know what could give a different kind of an impression. He has always been the number two man. Sanji is a cook who can kick hard as well and wants to see all the (edible) fishes in the oceans. Zoro wants to be the toughest muthafucking swordsman in the galaxy. I think there's a slight difference there already.

Those two are oft placed against each other in mouthing off fests just for the fun factor. Not because they would be equal in power.

And thats luffys/zoro/sanjis bounty WITHOUT the thriller bark info going on them, in kumas estimate he must place zoro on a close level to luffy at least and they are also leaving out enel who was incredibly powerful!

I'm not sure how the story will handle these bounties, but in theory they shouldn't directly reflect how badass a person is. They only reflect how much a person annoys the World Government. While those two might go hand in hand oft enough, they don't need to. Some real monster like Enel might have no bounty because nobody in the government has ever heard enough of him to care.

poopdeville
Wed, 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
In an SBS, Oda said Enel would have a bounty of about 500 million if the WG knew about him.

http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/43 (around the bottom third)

Assertn
Wed, 03-18-2009, 07:08 PM
If Enel is $500M then Ace has to be at least $400M...considering that also being a logia type, Ace should be capable of just as much destruction.

Kraco
Thu, 03-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Perhaps, perhaps not. There was something strange about Enel. The mantras and those weird drums he had attached to himself. He might have found a way to boost his powers, just like Luffy has. Still, Ace has also lived in a rough environment, much rougher than Enel, one might argue, so we don't really know how tough he ultimately is.

Raven
Thu, 03-19-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm not sure how the story will handle these bounties, but in theory they shouldn't directly reflect how badass a person is. They only reflect how much a person annoys the World Government. While those two might go hand in hand oft enough, they don't need to. Some real monster like Enel might have no bounty because nobody in the government has ever heard enough of him to care.
Correct. Like one of the new captains they introduced, can't remember which one, they mentioned his bounty is so high because he's so brutal to civilians or something. So, he might not be all that strong compared to other pirates, but his bounty is massive because of his civilian killing nature.

A lot of people seem to treat it like a DBZ power level, but really it's not. So many pirates/criminals would do things that go unnoticed by the WG, things that in all likelihood would raise their bounty. In turn, a lot of crimes would be overrated by the WG such as beating up a high ranking official, which might raise your bounty substantially, but really doesn't make you all that much stronger than anyone else.

Tyreal
Thu, 03-19-2009, 06:30 AM
In turn, a lot of crimes would be overrated by the WG such as beating up a high ranking official, which might raise your bounty substantially, but really doesn't make you all that much stronger than anyone else.

But if you manage to stay alive with that bounty it does mean your that much stronger than everyone else. This is because people with higher bounties have tougher bounty hunters after them. Although I'll admit that we have yet to really see this, and this is slightly speculation on my part. I'd also like to point out that the bouty hunters on the Sabaody Archipelago are probably substantially stronger than the bounty hunters elsewhere, simply because the people who they try and catch/kill are substantially stronger.

IMO they are still different than power levels in DBZ because having a high bounty (and being able to stay alive with that bounty on your head) is more like an indicator of confirmed strength, as opposed to actual strength. Take for example Zoro, we are all in agreement that his bounty should be higher than 120 million if it was an exact representation of strength. But since its not it still tell's people that Zoro is stronger than most/all bounty hunters that try and capture/kill people with a 120 million bounty. So if a pirate with say a bounty of 80 million was only just able to beat the bounty hunters after them it would be a good indication that they would be no match for Zoro.

Which is why the Eleven Supernovas should all be considered at least as strong as their bounties indicate. Becuase they've all managed to get to this point and defeat any bounty hunter that has attempted to come after them.

Raven
Thu, 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Just because you're a wanted criminal doesn't mean you constantly have bounty hunters beating down your door. When was the last time we saw a powerful bounty hunter come after the Straw Hats? They've all been nameless bums.

Maybe some of these guys are just really good at evading capture, it doesn't mean they're really strong fighters.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Why that certainly makes logical sense, somehow I doubt their bounties wouldn't be related to their strengths in a shounen series.

I'm sure all of the 11 Supernovas are all badasses.

poopdeville
Thu, 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I'd say the Shichibukai are pirates AND bountry hunters. Look at Moria and Kuma. Look at Crocodile's public face in Arabasta. And Mihawk for that matter. Some of these don't collect bounties, but the government lets them be pirates because they hunt bounty heads.

chambers
Wed, 03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
i always assumed that sanji was on a similarl level with zoro because they are always level pegged in many instances.

please not when im talking levels here i dont think like DBZ levels nor do i think hat way for bountys, we all know enel woul dhave a higher bounty than luffy right now despite the fact that luffy is "stronger". Its like magneto in x-men.. his power is a pretty poor one to have and vs another mutant in a naken fight he would almost certainly lose HOWEVER it just happens that his strength is to exploit the main strength of everyone else... the whole world uses metal weapons and magento controls them, thus hes an incredibly powerful mutant. Same for enel, technology is run by electricity and he controls electricity and also can use this to effect what? metals. This automatically makes him a HUGE threat to a government system.

First off we have the rivalry between the two. A one sided rivalry wouldnt be so ever present as there feud is. This tells us that there is at least SOME truth to the fact they they are on a similar level with each other.

Second we have the displays of power. There have been a couple of times when things happen to demonstrate just how monsterous some of the straw hat crew are in terms of power. An example of this would be early on when seakings attacked the boat and zoro slices one, luffy bazookas one and sanji kicks one. Now it would b logical to assume that luffy being the protagonist is the stronger of the three of course and performance in fights have kind of indicated this. But think back to even kuma's appearance Sanji was just as willing to take the pain im sure as he was willing to fight kuma ahead of zoro in order to protect luffy. This is one of the main indications i feel that they are of similar lvl of strength.

Thirdly we have the order of fights... almost always the order of fights in one piece is tied to str, with people like chopper, nami, ussop having there joke fights before everyone else and luffy fighting last.... zoro and sanji almost always fight at the same time and there fights end in similar fashions.

In terms of bounty sanji is obviously the surprise... they say things like "i cant beleive that man follows somone else" about zoro because they know of his bounty hunter fame also... but sanji is an unknown i can almost gurantee it that sanji will defeat a captain in this arc with a much higher bounty to him and everyone other than the strawhats will be gobsmacked... thats if the arc devolves into a serious fight.

And about the sichibukai its pointless debating... they are needed by the world government to supress the powers of the 4 emps. If they didnt have the warlords the world government would be weaker than the 4 emps... although im not quite sure about the insistance about having SEVEN warlords... perhaps its somthing to do with the number ten, seven warlords and 3 admirals being needed to do somthing like work an ancient weapon that the world government obviously have :P

Assertn
Wed, 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Similar yes...but if you look at it from a technicality standpoint, Zoro always ends up fighting the higher ranked cronies than Sanji.

During the CP9 arc, Zoro fought Kaku, while Sanji fought the wolf guy. It was proven in that arc that Kaku was stronger than the wolf guy.

During the Arabasta arc, Zoro fought Mr. 1, while Sanji fought Mr. 2. Of course, Mr. 1 was stronger than Mr. 2.

Kraco
Wed, 03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
First off we have the rivalry between the two. A one sided rivalry wouldnt be so ever present as there feud is. This tells us that there is at least SOME truth to the fact they they are on a similar level with each other.

I don't think there's quite that kind of rivalry there. They have competed in things that don't really show power, like beating dinosaurs for the meat, and are often arguing because their personalities differ. However, like I said earlier, their interests are completely different, so what kind of a serious rivalry could there be? Zoro wants to be the best swordsman, Sanji the best cook and woo as many pretty ladies as possible. What kind of a setting for rivalry is that?

They may have said something about the bounties now and then, but that's, I think, more a matter of amusement and a part of being a pirate. Since they officially are pirates, they need to pay attention to their bounties. It's a part of the job. If they really competed with that, they would be their own captains, because captains always have the biggest bounties, not underlings. Now Zoro simply fights because he wants to excel in fighting and Sanji fights out of responsibility.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-29-2009, 03:26 AM
Zoro wants to be the best swordsman, Sanji the best cook and woo as many pretty ladies as possible. What kind of a setting for rivalry is that?Only the most important rivalry there is! Who wins the "most popular character" polls in Shounen Jump!