PDA

View Full Version : TV: Will Ferrell: You're Welcome America---A Final Night With George W. Bush

Munsu
Sat, 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM
This is an HBO special airing tonight with Will Farrell. I don't know about you guys, but I'm expecting this to be hilarious, I thought some of you might be interested in it.

A live performance of the successful one-man Broadway show featuring Will Ferrell as President George W. Bush, who looks back on his childhood, college years, business career and two terms in the White House. Filmed at the Cort Theatre in New York City.

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=296861

Paulyboy
Sat, 03-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Yah I was actually planning on seeing this. I love all of the movies he has been in, I mean look at his face.... its just too funny. Step Brothers was hilarious though, I recommend you guys see that, if you haven't already. But his impersonation of George Bush is pretty funny.

itadakimasu
Sun, 03-15-2009, 07:04 PM
i was so excited to watch this... I assumed it had recorded on my dvr since it was in my list but when i went to play it, it was just a black screen....

I called my cable company to switch my starz to showtime and they instead removed HBO... wtf.... i'm currently very mad about this because I wanted to watch it and now i have to wait until tomorrow or later this week

-Ok... I was so bent on watching it that I grabbed it from mininova and then put it on usb and into my dvd player ^^ very good quality too.

I liked when he talked about how Dick Cheney was the kind of guy who can shoot somebody in the face with a shotgun and have them apologize to him! Also... shock & awe was a little un-expected although my wife was wondering if he was going to get naked at any point during the bit since he does in most movies.

I liked it overall though.

Animeniax
Mon, 03-16-2009, 12:05 PM
I saw the first few minutes. Not as funny as I expected, but I might watch the rest of it. The opening with Dick Cheney kind of set the tone: weak humor with old jokes like "no-bid contract to Halliburton for restroom services so it's $15 for a sheet of toilet paper"... pretty weak.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I thought it was pretty entertaining, once he got rolling.