PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 22

Marik
Sun, 03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
[gSS]​ Gundam​ 00​ S2​ -​ 22​ [1229A04D].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_22_%5B1229A04D%5D.mkv.torrent) - Direct Download (http://gundam.eu/bss/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_22_%5B1229A04D%5D.mkv)

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I smell Setsuna x Feldt...

Nice to see Mannequin joined the rebels. Guess her eyes opened after the tower fiasco

TheBladeChild
Sun, 03-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Hehe I'v smelled that for a while :)

I really, think the whole clone army was really lame. When I saw that I thought "what did they just use copy and pastex100?" At least we ended with a boom headshot in the end. But somehow I doubt hes dead considering the preview. Also were those clones of Bring Stability?

EpyonNext
Sun, 03-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Gram: Fail
Attack of the Clones: Fail
Mannequin: Win
Feldt: Win

That is all.

Illrenmazou
Mon, 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Attack of the Clones: Fail
They're clones of Bring and Devine so they're failures by default.

Seriously, facing against a couple hundred innovators in the battlefield won't be good news. The only thing that can probably stop them is by recapturing VEDA and activating Seraphim's hidden gimmick (which I think would be an updated Trial System).

SetsunaxFeldt? Kinda too late don't you think?

The 0 Gundam returns to battle next week, nice. I hope it wont get it's ass handed down easily.

Finally, Katharon is doing something useful.

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-09-2009, 04:14 AM
so, Graham got totally pwned. and then humiliated. this would have been fine if it'd happened a little earlier in the show, but with just a few episodes left it means that, yet again, he is going to show up at the end with a brand new mech modification and fight Setsuna after it appears all of the conflicts are resolved. Really, this was clumsily done in the first season, so i'm hoping that this time they can either pull it off right or just not do it at all!

I'd say that it's been awhile since there's been a less rousing "going off to fight the final battle" scene than in this episode, but GSD is pretty recent. Really though, couldn't have been more formulaic with the "now we go down the line giving our reasons to fight while motivational music plays before and then during our last launch". Some old standards are just better off done away with.

Wow. There it was. I had made myself look like an absolute fool by jumping on the "Setsuna is going to end up with Feldt" band-wagon, especially after Marina survived her cliff-hanger 'death?'. I even had this whole big elaborate theory. And it looked like it was going to go nowhere, the Feldt would even end up with New Lockon after he lost Anew. Then this episode came along. If I wasn't so happy that all signs are pointing to "Masa, you were right" I'd be crushing out paragraphs about how this has to be one of the most sudden and poorly developed "relationships" I have ever seen in any anime, Gundam or otherwise.

Oh fat, evil, blond, nameless A-LAWS commander. You always were my favorite nameless bad guy destined for a pathetic death. You even performed the single best tactical move of the entire series, combining the GN particle repressing gas (wasn't that random?) with those GN Field piercing missiles from way back in Season 2 Episode 4 (I have been shaking my fist in anger for someone to use those goddamn things since they first showed up). You even did it without a single named pilot under your command. Oh, fat, evil, blond, nameless A-LAWS commander, you would have been destined for trope-subversion history if you weren't so fat and ugly and nameless... and if you'd actually deployed even a few pre-cautionary recon units around your fleet's flank and rear...

Good teamwork between Gundams? In my mecha anime? Have people suddenly stopped taking their stupid pills in this show?

Oh, Ribbons, I know it looks very impressive to make smarmy remarks and then have the camera zoom out to show that you're surrounded by dozens of intimidating, faceless, super-human pilots bound for cannon-fodder death, but, really, shouldn't those guys be out sortieing? I mean, the enemies are all clustered together, uncoordinated, and they're just finishing up a tiring battle. But, alas, you are a bad guy.

Yes, Shirin, that's the way. Get the shuttle full of children just a little bit closer to the battle. This way it'll be even easier for my Feldt-Setsuna theory to come true once Marina rushes out for some stupid reason and gets herself killed.

Sunrise. Listen. I know you've got this whole great idea about the ED. Really, it used to be that it was hard to get big stars to cater to you for ED songs. People HAD to watch the OP, but the ED? It could be a Rick Roll for all people cared, and they'd turn their TVs off unless they were really, really, really that desperate to see the crappy next episode previews. So putting a big plot twist after the ED makes your J-pop divas happy, and it makes their sponsors happy, because people have to tune in. And then you lay down the cliff-hanger, just to make sure that people come back next week, and also to motivate them to sit through the commercials to watch the preview.

But, if you're going to do a cliff-hanger, it is probably best to NOT show concrete resolution of that cliff-hanger in the episode preview. Now we all know that Regene really only has downhill to go from here. S/He will probably even be used as an unwitting puppet by Decoy Ship Body Ribbons in the upcoming episodes.

So, please, do us all a favor. Either get your act in gear and make these cliff-hangers meaningful, or just cut the shit out and try putting a scene with actual meaning, even if it isn't glitzy/shocking/suspenseful after the ED.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
This Feldt x Setsuna thing has been hinted at in the opening, but I thought they pulled this one out way too late. Setsuna is the main character, and if they think they can get away with how they rushed the Anew x Lockon 2 thing, they can't.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer Feldt over Marina (at least since the 2nd season started), but they simply developed it too late into the story. A few more interactions a few episodes before would have done this development a lot of good.

Did Setsuna just dump Marina indirectly? He said that they (Marina and him) did not have that kind (romantic) of relationship, to a girl (Feldt) that is practically confessing that she likes him. How can it be interpreted any other way?

Tobydelaroka
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:21 AM
SetsunaxFeldt? Kinda too late don't you think?

Remember Luna with Shin? Its like gundam seed destiny all over again.
"I dont have that kind relationship with her" Setsuna is a pimp lol
Look at Marina ass-et dayyum! how can you say that? screw you Setsuna

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8449/50141878.png

Kraco
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Whatever the case, Feldt made one mistake: She shouldn't have said "I might anger Marina by doing this" but obviously "I might anger Gundam by doing this" if she really wanted to make a point of possibly intruding into a real relationship.

A decent battle. I have to agree with Masa: That resilient A-LAWs commander put up a good fight for a nameless minor villain.

With the end approaching, I can't help but wonder more and more what manner of a show Ali can present. It's getting a bit hard to see what role he might serve anymore. I hope not the role of a minor obstacle before the end.

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I was under the impression the guys name was Arthur.
Dunno if I saw that on the series or readed it somewhere else...

Yukimura
Mon, 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
His name was Arthur Goodman. His name was Arthur Goodman. His name was Arthur Goodman. ...anyway I remember they referred to him as 'Goodman' several times in the show and they also threw his first name around since Homer (the head of A-LAWS and a pseudo-clone of Jamitov from Zeta Gundam) and he seem to have a close relationship. Goodman is basically a clone of Bask Om (also Zeta Gundam) but who cares, he got pwned.

One of the few things I found noteworthy about this ep is that they kept referring to L2 and referencing that as the spot where Veda is, but I thought we had been lead to believe it was on the moon (L2 is behind the moon but not on the moon). I suppose they could have moved an asteroid there though as it would have to stay in place, but you'd think people would have put observatories at L2 and someone would have eventually noticed a giant star obscuring GN inviso-field screwing up their telescope readings. But of course, this is Sunrise we're talking about so that's pointless talk.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I know I'm beating a dead horse by now, but I can't think of anyone more irresponsible than Marina given the lines she keeps harping. At least in another space combat show (Macross SDF-1), when a woman brought along her child into combat zones, she also happened to be the second best pilot in the entire galaxy at the time. The capability to protect them should come first, your ideology doesn't matter.

I also second the "Where the hell did the Feldt x Setsuna romance come from?" sentiment. Sure, there were plenty of times she would stare off into space after him and say, "Setsuna..." but it seemed more like sisterly concern than anything that might ever bud into romance. Too late, not enough development. At least I conditionally jumped on the bandwagon a few episodes back.

Dear Sunrise...what a letdown from G Gundam. Yes, I can say that with a straight face. You used 49 episodes to develop two romances with the main character (Rain and to a lesser extent Allenby), and here you develop the romance in 2 minutes. Seriously. Now it isn't so far-fetched that Tieria goes for Jailbait-chan considering how much more development their relationship got.

Yay for some reconciliation with Soma and Allelujah!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
So exploding cockpits don't mean instant death anymore? I swear the "Colonel" they mentioned was the Colonel. :D

And the head of Kataron....Hercules? I couldn't remember anybody higher than Klaus, and Hercules had rugged features too, covered in facial hair.

Guess Sunrise likes their now-infamous plot device known as the Decoy Ship.

The space battle was pretty sweet and all. Zero mini-duels now that the Innovators left.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I wonder if Allelujah still gets to bone Soma?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
If he didn't before, he should be able to now.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 03-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Late as it is, im glad that they are hinting that SetsunaxFeldt, like most of you I seriously dislike Marina at her utter pointless existence in this series. Well Setsuna has a onee-chan and a prospective girlfriend, things have been looking great for him lately, which is more then I can say for LockonV1.5, ANEW nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Harima Kenji
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:11 AM
New question rizes.. who will pilot 0-Gundam?
Lasse is needed for piloting the Ptolemaios... I doubt Ian will do it.

I don't really see a relationship develloping between Setsuna and Feldt.. He really doesn't seem interested at all..

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Gut feeling says Graham, but only because he's mech-less.

Harima Kenji
Tue, 03-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Hmz.. you got a point there.
I hope Ali gets some good screentime.
What will the final battle look like?
Setsuna - Ali is pretty much a given.. Ribbons - Tieria?

TheBladeChild
Tue, 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Iv been wondering for the past few episodes since Ali has been MIA lately, who will get to fight him? Setsuna, Tieria and Lockon all seem to each have their own good reasons to kill him but Im still not sure which of them will get to finally finish this guy off. Any ideas guys?

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
My thoughts on final battles in light of this episode:

- Halleujah/Soma vs. Andrei and then a pack of the clone army with Sergei.
- Setsuna vs. Ribbons (remember he's supposed to be the 0's old pilot, so he must be good).
- Tieria vs. Hilling Care and one other Innovator, maybe Regene, maybe lots of clones too.
- Lyle vs. Anew's Twin (forgot name) and then packs of clones.
- Ali vs. no one, he's a survivor, and Sunrise is lame.

(If others have been alive, I'm going to cover the bases and posit Sergei's survival as well.)

Alternatively:
- Lyle vs. Ribbons
- Setsuna vs. everyone (transmitting Marina's horrible song)
- Hal/Soma vs. Andrei stopped by Sergei, and then as one big family against the clone army.
- Tieria vs. All remaining named Innovators.
- Saji vs. Louise (somehow, maybe the 0?), and then the two together vs. Ali (he did kill Saj's sister after all) [longshot]

Third Scenario:
- Setsuna vs. Ribbons then spreading the love, and finally Ali in the final bout.
- Hal/Soma vs. Andrei again stopped by Sergei.
- Saji and Louise (after coming releaving her of Ribbon's influence from Setsuna's fight) vs. clone army
- Tieria vs. clone army, Regene and Hilling Care
- Lyle vs. Anew's Twin (forgot name)

Hal is also assumed because Setsuna will surely be spamming his GN particles.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
My thoughts on final battles in light of this episode:

- Halleujah/Soma vs. Andrei and then a pack of the clone army with Sergei (I can't believe he's alive, that's so stupid)

I really wonder how you came to the conclusion that Sergei is alive. I really do.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Let's say I wasn't paying attention and mistook Kati's mole for Sergei. An honest and an embarrassing mistake, but I won't discount it yet, given how the Feldt prediction came true.

However...it is Sunrise, it is Gundam. No pilots ever truly die. Only spies and other mobile-suitless characters.

Kraco
Tue, 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
- Saji vs. Louise (somehow, maybe the 0?), and then the two together vs. Ali (he did kill Saj's sister after all) [longshot]

Saji has been against revenge and violence all the time, and only fights to save Louise, and likely now a world where he can be with Louise without warring. Furthermore, Saji's sister hasn't been mentioned ever since the first season. Lastly Ali could probably beat them with a single handgun and no mobile suit, no matter their equipment.

I'm having slight difficulties fitting Ali anywhere here, because if he does appear, it almost has to be against Setsuna, as the relationship between those two is a years old but still festering wound. For Setsuna. Ali is a high realist and opportunist, and he's probably just amused and pleased how Setsuna is still fighting and killing. However, Setsuna's primary enemy is Ribbons, because defeating Ali doesn't actually mean anything in the big picture: he's just a merc. And Ribbons himself who won't go down without a fight, which should be the last, culminating fight.

So, will Ali be rendered to nothing but a stepping stone? Whatever the case, if he has got a good mecha for himself, nobody but Setsuna should be able to stop him.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I really wonder how you came to the conclusion that Sergei is alive. I really do.

Sunrise can't be trusted to actually kill characters it portrays as being killed except (maybe) by declaring the franchise itself dead. Thus there's no reliable evidence to dispute the possibility that Sergei will come back, having been conveniently rescued by and then defecting with Kati and Patrick after the elevator incident.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Saji has been against revenge and violence all the time, and only fights to save Louise, and likely now a world where he can be with Louise without warring. Furthermore, Saji's sister hasn't been mentioned ever since the first season. Lastly Ali could probably beat them with a single handgun and no mobile suit, no matter their equipment.

I'm having slight difficulties fitting Ali anywhere here, because if he does appear, it almost has to be against Setsuna, as the relationship between those two is a years old but still festering wound. For Setsuna. Ali is a high realist and opportunist, and he's probably just amused and pleased how Setsuna is still fighting and killing. However, Setsuna's primary enemy is Ribbons, because defeating Ali doesn't actually mean anything in the big picture: he's just a merc. And Ribbons himself who won't go down without a fight, which should be the last, culminating fight.

So, will Ali be rendered to nothing but a stepping stone? Whatever the case, if he has got a good mecha for himself, nobody but Setsuna should be able to stop him.
That's why I find it more likely that Ali won't fight anyone.

Concerning my longshot scenario, we can't underestimate how much Louise has improved. She went from a ground-pounder to a killer soaking her proverbial blades on civilians and in revenge. The civilians weren't direct as the fight with Nena was, but she was nevertheless complicit in it, a counterpoint to her whining about the random terrorists from season 1. Granted a great deal of her current prowress is due to Ribbons' influence as well as the advantages she has in that beast of a mobile suit, but she's not nearly as helpless as Saji.

As for Saji's sister, she was mentioned in this season. After he was picked up by CB, he went off on it again in one of his fits directed at Setsuna.

Perhaps we may even see a weakened Setsuna 00 approached by Ali, only to be shoved away by Graham, who rediscovered his honor and will go out fighting for someone else, rather than himself.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Sunrise can't be trusted to actually kill characters it portrays as being killed except (maybe) by declaring the franchise itself dead. Thus there's no reliable evidence to dispute the possibility that Sergei will come back, having been conveniently rescued by and then defecting with Kati and Patrick after the elevator incident.

That I completely agree. Mai Hime and Code Geass come to mind...

But Sunrise sometimes do let characters die... like the blonde girl at Mai Otome. Can't remember her name... Elle or something.

I actually thought Ryl confused the guy with Katharon with Sergei. He did look a lot like Hercules though...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM

So exploding cockpits don't mean instant death anymore? I swear the "Colonel" they mentioned was the Colonel.

Right after the first appearance of Hercules-faced-character and Klaus, there was a dark room where a grunt addressed a shadowed figure as Colonel. I can only think of one person he can be.

I would timestamp if I had the episode on me right now.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Thats Mannequin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/snapshot20090310194636.jpg

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Ah...my mistake then.

masamuneehs
Wed, 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
here's how it's going to go down.

- Soma will almost kill Andrei, be stopped by Al. Andrei will deviously almost kill Al, but be killed by Marie. (or switch this scenario with Soma = Hal, Al = Marie, Marie = Al)

- Anew's twin will fight and be killed by New Lockon.

- Louise will almost kill Soma(if she's killed Andrei, otherwise almost sink the Ptolemy) but be stopped by Saji (in the 0 Gundam?)

-Ali shows

-Patrick will die defending Mannequin's battleship.

- New Lockon will scrap with Ali, no kills.

- Tieria confronts Regene. Ribbons Body Double 1 (maybe with Ali at his side?) shows and kills Regene.

-Saji and Louise have uniting tender moment.

- Ribbons Body Double 2 shows in Final Boss Mobile Armor. Nameless Katharon folk + Klaus die.

- Tieria kills Ali. Tieria is fatally wounded by Ali/Ribbons Body Double 1.

- Ribbons 2 in FBMA is vanquished by combined good guy strength. The Ptolemy is sunk in the battle. Misc minor good guys die. Everyone except Setsuna and Tieria are done here.

- Ribbons Body Double 2 re-emerges in One-Winged Angel Mobile Suit. He kills Marina.

- Tieria destroys Veda, even though it was the only thing that could have saved his life.

- Setsuna defeats Ribbons 2 using "I am Gundam + Song". His mech is ultra fucked up. Talks to Feldt. Final allusion to romance.

- final battle. Graham versus Setsuna. Most likely interrupted by Ghost Marina speaking to the world through the GN Particles about how peace and food and playing with puppies. (optional: Graham pulls a Kushrenada).

-epilouge. Peace at last. Kati is raising her and Patrick's baby. Sumeragi runs an AA clinic with Billy. Saji (with Louise at his side) narrating. Soma is with Al, who actually lost one of his eyes for good in the last battle. New Lockon is either being super cool loner and visiting Tieria/Old Lockon's grave (yaoi fans fawn) or doing some bullshit like volunteer work. Some kind of 'look Veda is gone for good, aw, remember Tieria? we totally never got into his gender issues' moment, minus the lack of gender issue. Feldt listening to Marina's song on the radio, vague "is that Setsuna?" moment. End.

edit - oh, i forgot to put something in there about there being a space fortress / doomsday weapon on/near Veda. That shit gets blown up, most likely when Tieria does in Veda and Ribbons Body Double 1.

Kraco
Wed, 03-11-2009, 10:55 AM
It was an entertaining read, but I don't really expect it to end that way, though I admit my Gundam knowledge is most likely more lacking than anybody else's in this thread. Patrick is a miracle survivor, you could say too stupid to die, so I don't expect him to die. He'll be still courting and making a fool of himself around Mannequin when the dust settles.

Assuming Ali even dies, why would Tieria be the one accomplishing it? He has got nothing to do with Ali. Ali's appearance might very well be as Ribbons's bodyguard. I can't really see many other roles for him that would still give some meaning to him and his undoubtly last fight (whether he dies or not). He might be luckier dead, seeing how this series's happy end would be less conflicts.

I somehow don't see Soma killing Andrei. The way they handles Louise getting her revenge really shows that it doesn't make people any happier. I find it hard to believe they would intentionally repeat that lesson so soon. Still, I'm not saying Andrei shouldn't die. He's more or less a cursed man already.

EpyonNext
Wed, 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Jesus is gonna show up in the form of Kira from GSeed and kill everyone.

True story, already seen it.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
We're coming up on the final battle, every named good guy char needs someone to fight to create tension and drama during the battle. Tieria has relatively few connections with bad guys (I'm assuming Regene will be dead by 5 min into next ep) and so revenge for his bromance with Lockon I is probably his best hope of facing off against a named char and having a good reason to angst. Setsuna and Lockon II may also have bones to pick with Ali butthey both have bones with other named chars as well. Lockon II also bones with Revive and maybe even Hilling since he's rather anti-Innovater. Setsuna also has bones with Ribbons 'Dark Amuro' Almark (and hopefully will face his Dark Nu Gundam instead of an FBMA) as well as Louise (via Saji). Al/Hal doesn't really have bones with anyone named so he'll probably get shoehorned into fighting Hilling and a clone army while Soma deals with Andrei and more clones.

I just hope Veda's asteroid turns out to have a death ray. It wouldn't be a Gundam final battle if there wasn't a threat of a superweapon looming over the battlefield hastening the cast to defeat the enemy before all hell breaks loose.