PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 438

Marik
Thu, 03-05-2009, 11:17 PM
SleepyFans

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/1x7jwz) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JJOCFPXB) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/438/01)

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Aw crap... why the hell did Kishi let Hinata live? Now Naruto will feel like a fool (more than usual) for blowing up the Hokage monument because she was injured but not killed.

Wait a moment... aren't the civilians sent to the caves under the Hokage monument when they are invaded? Did Naruto kill half the village?

rockmanj
Thu, 03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
:D :D :D Anko!!!! Yay! She's not dead!

Marik
Thu, 03-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Heh, I knew you'd be happy about that. Hopefully she gets a decent role.

Assertn
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:16 AM
So basically....nothing really happened...

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:21 AM

Well, we saw Anko for the first time in years. That's gotta count as something.

Abdula
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Yeah it kinda felt that way huh. Anyway I think it was kinda cool that they actually sent Anko, Yamato and Sai to hunt down Kabuto. It felt wrong that Kishi would tease us with that though, at least it explains Yamato's absence. Next chapter should be fun.....hopefully Naruto will be captured.

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah it kinda felt that way huh. Anyway I think it was kinda cool that they actually sent Anko, Yamato and Sai to hunt down Kabuto. It felt wrong that Kishi would tease us with that though. Next chapter should be fun.....hopefully Naruto will be captured.

He already played the "Naruto is captured" card once, its not likely he'll do it again this soon. What I think is more likely to happen is Pein sends Naruto flying with his "secret technique", Naruto continues to go crazy for a little while longer, Yamato shows up and suppresses the fox, Naruto releases the third clone and returns to Sage mode to finish the fight.

Abdula
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
He already played the "Naruto is captured" card once, its not likely he'll do it again this soon.
Right, because he didn't play the "Kakashi is dead" card like three times.

What I think is more likely to happen is Pein sends Naruto flying with his "secret technique", Naruto continues to go crazy for a little while longer, Yamato shows up and suppresses the fox, Naruto releases the third clone and returns to Sage mode to finish the fight.
Personally I think that would be pretty boring, because that would mean all this was for nothing and we would go right back where we began. Besides going Kyuubi should have destroyed his clone.

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Right, because he didn't play the "Kakashi is dead" card like three times.

I'm saying this soon. Naruto was just in capture mode last chapter. I can't imagine he would go back to that next chapter.

Personally I think that would be pretty boring, because that would mean all this was for nothing and we would go right back where we began. Besides going Kyuubi should have destroyed his clone.

This may have been all Kishi could come up with as a way to free Naruto from being pinned to the ground with chakra rods stuck in his body. It got him out of that situation, so its not really for nothing. The way I see it, if Naruto gets captured, then we are right back where we were last chapter and Kishi has to come up with another way to get him out of it. And if going Kyuubi didn't work the first time, what is he left with a second time around?

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Talk about being ignored...

Guys... Naruto BLEW UP THE HOKAGE MONUMENT... isn't THAT place the refugee for civilians?

Assertn
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:55 AM
i'm 95% sure no konoha nins were killed in the destruction of that monument.

Idealistic
Fri, 03-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Cmon Sakura, it's your turn to confess your love. Hurry!

It's the only way to save Naruto.

kAi
Fri, 03-06-2009, 01:19 AM

Guys... Naruto BLEW UP THE HOKAGE MONUMENT... isn't THAT place the refugee for civilians?
I actually didn't think he blew up the monument at first because I thought it was the little tip next to the Sound effects on page 8-9. On closer inspection it doesn't look like the monument.

If Naruto gets caught again, the first thing that popped up was Gaara would save him.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-06-2009, 01:37 AM
page 04, bottom panels. what's that supposed to be? (other than super-speed)

I like it how Payne still smacked Naruto down with a giant rock, and how Yamato has a kyuubi-ometer in his yamato utility belt (qucikly! to the yamatomobile!)

later, some more questions.

Pandadice
Fri, 03-06-2009, 02:56 AM
dude, i didn't follow like the first 6 pages.. wasn't really sure that happened with the whole monument thing.

Sakura will probably go to Hinata, but i don't think she'll be able to do anything. maybe like, a couple last words. but i doubt she'll come back.

that was kinda my feelings towards this chapter too.

poopdeville
Fri, 03-06-2009, 04:24 AM
page 04, bottom panels. what's that supposed to be? (other than super-speed)

Just super speed. Naruto out-flanked Pein in those panels, and jumps at him from behind in the next page.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Where is this mangaka's balls? Are they caught in a vice? Is he married? I, like a lot of people, love Hinata. But I call bullshit. Why? Because I can't answer the following question: "How does Pain fail to kill Hinata ?" I mean ffs, what makes this worse, is we all know he knows how to make something compelling. But he screws up on purpose. Fuck.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Easily, Payne wanted this to happen.

this is why he created Akatsuki. while he is dealing with a bijuu part of the jincuurichi, he's extremely vulnerable. he's practically defenseless against a 3rd party attack.
in most cases, he sends out some men to bring the target to the Payne-mansion, and then uses with the help of others (who contribute a big amount of chackra to the process) to take out the demon. but if he's on his own, then he needs to make sure he won't be interrupted.

so a battle at this levels is perfect for him, since he can get his target closer to his trap, and because Naruto has gone Kyuubi, no one in their right minds would follow them.

this is what Payne waited for, he ruined the village, and lured Naruto to his trap, now Payne can entrap Naruto and do whatever evil thing he planned.

further more, on the case of p04 bottom panels. it looks like a flash move. the frickin' long awaited golden flash move.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
I think that mass destruction Jutsu he was talking about is already completed and he is only making it stronger by adding more energy of the Tailed Beasts. So he could use that technique on Naruto now. And Yamato said the seal broke. Does that mean the seal completely broke? I mean since the pendant kicked in to try to control it.

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Don't want to be ignored? Than stop being an annoying lil bitch about Hinata being alive when we all know that of it was any of your tsunderes you'd be bleeding out of you vagina you god dam fanboy!

/flaming douchebag

Oh and i don't think that's where Konoha's "bunker" is located, that was just in the filler arcs. When orochimaru attacked the village they just went somewhere underground.

Hinata is alive, yay.

It does sound kinda stupid that Pain would leave her alive, but than again maybe he planned on torture her a little bit so Naruto would know true pain.
That explanation suits me just fine anyway, anything to get my girl back in the picture

FireEmblem
Fri, 03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, for one, the Kyuubi is a smart little devil. It's not having any of that wood sealing shit this time around, so it destroyed that necklace right away.

If Hinata survives because she used her chakra to protect herself, it would be ok. But well, I don't believe that characters dying is necessarily a good writing device to evoke a certain emotion so yeah. I don't care for deaths just for the sake of death.

Dansetsu
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
It's not having any of that wood sealing shit this time around, so it destroyed that necklace right away.

That was the most interesting part of the chapter to me besides Pain getting owned a bit and running away. The necklace was trying to trap him and calm him down, and he just denied it asap. Plus it was like a jutsu emergency alarm on him already. I don't know it just looked sweet. Anyone else reminded of Jiraiyas lion mane technique a bit? I don't think that he'll be changing back any time soon this time around. The only thing that can stop him, is if Yamato gets back in time and tries some major 1st wood jutsu from behind on Naruto.

Also, does anyone know whats up with the skeleton? I just started reading again, so whats the deal with that? Did they explain that at all? Does it have something to do with the six tails or something?

darkshadow
Fri, 03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Kyuubi is forming around him more and more the more tails he spawns.

unandpw
Fri, 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Yamato gets back in time and tries some major 1st wood jutsu from behind on Naruto.

wood - from behind

On topic: I doubt he'll be able to control Naruto...I think he's reached the point of no return.

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
further more, on the case of p04 bottom panels. it looks like a flash move. the frickin' long awaited golden flash move.

Nah, it's def not a flash technique. It's just hard to follow what is happening because its still frames. It will be clear when it gets animated. But, it seems to me like he kind of used the bone legs to fling or catapult himself at Pein.

Dansetsu
Fri, 03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
seems to me like he kind of used the bone legs to fling or catapult himself at Pein. That's it what it seems to be to me too. If that's the case though, he's a hell of an opponent for even pain to deal with now.

@unandpw:
Well, in that case, unless sasuke or Madara are coming back to help Yamato, naruto's going to go godzilla and just keep growing more tails at this point. Like most people said if he's past the point of no return then he'll just be getting stronger and stronger from this point on.

Also, no one has theorized on what will happen if he goes full 9 tails and just keeps forming the fox. Will Kyuubi just kill naruto? Would it be like the 8 tails bull was and form a giant fox like it did for the octo bull? I mean this is kind of a first for us to see. So I don't think he'll keep going. Plus, why would Kishi send Yamato in with 6 tails alarming him? He wouldn't be going in if he was unable to do something. I think even with 8 tails Yamato would be going back. He's the only one that can stop him now other than running out of chakra or just getting tired. Neither of which I can see happening. In conclusion unless this is the end all be all battles or just a hint of more to come, then I can see him going more and more nuts and growing more tails. If not then I Yamato, Pain or someone or thing is going to stop him in the next chapter. He won't stay like this for long.

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Don't want to be ignored? Than stop being an annoying lil bitch about Hinata being alive when we all know that of it was any of your tsunderes you'd be bleeding out of you vagina you god dam fanboy!

"Don`t be a Tsunade fanboy! *Becomes a Hinata fanboy*" is all i saw.

Bleh... so Hinata is alive, made so much sense killing her for me >_>

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
probably.

when Gaara went all out (one tail) he transformed into the sand tanuki. when kllerbee went all out, he transformed into octo-bull. so it makes sense Naruto going all out will bring out the demon fox.

as for the crazy madness berserk rage, I think it might not be be a property of the fox, at least not directly. Shukaku and octobull have bad tempers, but aren't destruction crazed. maybe it's because the ying-yang seal on naruto (which separated the good chackra from the bad, making the fox uncontrollable), or maybe it's a lasting effect from madare's sharingan shanningans. when naruto (and Sasuke, though I wish to forget that part) talk with the kyuubi, he's rather intelligent, and somewhat talkative.

maybe it's just that Naruto didn't have enough practice with Kyuubi transformations, but seeing how madly different killer bee is, I think it's something else. something more sinister and plot connected.

poopdeville
Fri, 03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Shukaku was totally a destruction/murder crazed beast.

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Shukaku was totally a destruction/murder crazed beast.

No, he wasn't. Not in the sense that Naruto is while in Kyuubi mode.

Shuukaku was evil and loved chaos, but he was aware of what he was doing and could think and speak; he had a consciousness. When Naruto goes Kyuubi, he doesn't speak or think, he just growls and roars and goes off in a blind fit of rage and attacks anything and anyone; he has no consciousness and doesn't remember anything afterwards..

poopdeville
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
This is splitting hairs. So the Shukaku has talked. The only thing it said was "I want to kill you!" and "You bastard, I was finally free!" to Gama Bunta.

The Shukaku went on a blind fit of rage and attacked the first thing it saw. Gaara didn't remember what the Shukaku did while it was free, either. He was asleep!

Whether it has consciousness or not is moot. Especially since we've already seen the Kyuubi act "consciously" (in a much more sophisticated manner), inside Sasuke and Naruto's head. For example, when Naruto extorts it (by threatening to die, taking the Kyuubi with him), or when the Kyuubi talked about Madara's chakra.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I still don't understand why pein goes to all this trouble. He can pretty much do wut he did in konoha, make a little commotion, the village send out the civilians and pein then can use shinra tensei. do this in every village, pein dies, ppl of different village unite and bam tempo peace.

Think Kishi really messed up on the power/destruction lvl of shinra tensei. Watch inorder to solve the destroyed village problem Kishi will make danzo raise a new city from underground, and the explanation for why such a thing exist is given by back up from when oro attacked the village when they were repairing the city they made one under it for when if such thing happen again they have it ready.

Stitch
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Man, WTF. Kyuubi being led into a trap confirmed.

Hinata better ride that cock hard for all the trouble she's giving Naruto now.

digitalrurouni
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Awesome chapter. I am really enjoying it. I wonder if Naruto is totally overwhelmed by the Kyubbi or if he is still subconsciously there and able to control him...I would be interested in seeing if he can use his sage techniques while in that mode...

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Awesome chapter. I am really enjoying it. I wonder if Naruto is totally overwhelmed by the Kyubbi or if he is still subconsciously there and able to control him...I would be interested in seeing if he can use his sage techniques while in that mode...

Yeah, i'm sure the raging demon fox should be able to sit still while having a nice cup of Earl Grey and collect all the necessary nature energy to perform sage jutsus.

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
This is splitting hairs. So the Shukaku has talked. The only thing it said was "I want to kill you!" and "You bastard, I was finally free!" to Gama Bunta.

The Shukaku went on a blind fit of rage and attacked the first thing it saw.

Do you suppose that's because the first thing he saw was the guy he was fighting?

I don't think you understand the concept of a blind fit of rage. Shuukaku enjoys violence and destruction. He was aware of his actions. What we saw from Shuukaku was not blind rage, but his personality. And until he was fully transformed, we still saw Gaara's personality.

The difference with Naruto going into kyuubi-mode like this is that there is no awareness of his actions, by Naruto or seemingly by Kyuubi. We don't see the personality of of Naruto or the personality of Kyuubi. All there is is rage, neither being seems to be in control or making conscious decisions.

I don't know how I can make that any clearer.

Gaara didn't remember what the Shukaku did while it was free, either. He was asleep!

This is not about Gaara. Gaara at that point wasn't the one fighting; that was entirely Shuukaku. He deliberately released Shuukaku and let him take over by using a sleep jutsu. But, through the various stages of transformation, Gaara was still Gaara.

In Naruto's case, this is still Naruto in the various stages of his transformation. It's not completely Kyuubi. Even with only 4 tails, and without completely transforming into Kyuubi, Naruto isn't in control of his own actions or decisions.

But the fact Gaara is asleep while Shuukaku is free is counterproductive to whatever argument you think you're trying to make. Gaara would have an excuse for not remembering. Naruto is still awake.

Whether it has consciousness or not is moot.

No... its not moot... its the basis of the argumentative differences between Naruto in kyuubi-mode and the other jinchuuriki.

Especially since we've already seen the Kyuubi act "consciously" (in a much more sophisticated manner), inside Sasuke and Naruto's head. For example, when Naruto extorts it (by threatening to die, taking the Kyuubi with him), or when the Kyuubi talked about Madara's chakra.

This is the exact point that Death Boo was trying to make... so what exactly are you arguing?

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 03-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't see how Yamato is going to be able to seal Naruto. Ignoring the fact that Kyuubi-Naruto obviously isn't going to cooperate he still has Pein to deal with. Though on second thought having Yamato sealing the Kyuubi would work in Pein's favor but I can't see Yamato being that stupid. Hopefully Sasuke doesn't show up and shut Naruto down with his magic Kyuubi supressing Sharingan. That would be complete shit.

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 03-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Didn't think Pain would botch up killing Hinata.

I'm finding it hard to believe he didn't deliver the fatal stab considering all the experience he's had killing people.

Other than that, awesome chapter.

poopdeville
Sat, 03-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Do you suppose that's because the first thing he saw was the guy he was fighting?

Indeed, I do. But it is important to realize that Shukaku WASN'T fighting them until he saw them, and that it picked a fight with the FIRST thing it saw. The Shukaku wasn't released until Gaara went to sleep. Shukaku wasn't "mad" at Naruto or Bunta. He just flipped out when he saw them. It could have been Monkey D. Luffy making out with the second Kazekage, and Shukaku would said "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!" It could have been ANYBODY, and he would have tried to squash it. All he wanted to do was to kill. That is blind rage in my book. Again, it seems to me that you are trying to split a hair: he talked. Big deal. He was in a "blind rage" too.

I don't think you understand the concept of a blind fit of rage. Shuukaku enjoys violence and destruction. He was aware of his actions. What we saw from Shuukaku was not blind rage, but his personality. And until he was fully transformed, we still saw Gaara's personality.

The difference with Naruto going into kyuubi-mode like this is that there is no awareness of his actions, by Naruto or seemingly by Kyuubi. We don't see the personality of of Naruto or the personality of Kyuubi. All there is is rage, neither being seems to be in control or making conscious decisions.

I don't know how I can make that any clearer.

Well, you keep saying the same things. And none of them answer why you think this: "The difference with Naruto going into kyuubi-mode like this is that there is no awareness of his actions, by Naruto or seemingly by Kyuubi.", when we HAVE seen Kyuubi's personality. "You're weak. You can't do anything without me", it has told Naruto.

You seem to want to say that the Kyuubi is like a growling wild animal, and the Shukaku was like a fucked up person. And that this somehow makes one have "blind rage" and the other "a quirky personality".

Talk of personalities is confusing everything. All they want to do is fuck shit up.

This is the exact point that Death Boo was trying to make... so what exactly are you arguing?

I thought the point Death Boo was trying to make was about Naruto's seal, and what the Kyuubi's behavior reveals about it. And my point was that it really doesn't reveal much, because (1) his characterization of Shukaku as "not a raging beast" seems wrong to me, and (2) Naruto is obviously pissed, and not in the mood to talk. He talked to Sasuke while transforming.

I didn't mention this point, but Killabee/Octobull makes this whole thing even more confusing, since now there are THREE known jinchuuriki/bijuu pairs that pretty much act completely differently. (Though I think Naruto is probably closer to being like Killabee/Octobull than Gaara/Shukaku -- it seems like Killabee tamed Octobull. At the time the Shukaku came out, Gaara had long lost that battle. Who knows if he did during the time-jump.)

Abdula
Sat, 03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't think a berserker mode would be such a difficult thing to understand. No poopdeville that isn't the Kyuubi, as DBZ and Sidnne said the Kyuubi is a very intelligent creature with a very distinct personality. What we have here is simply a berserker mode, as Jiraiya mentioned oh so long ago he used the key to loosen Naruto's seal and this is the result. He released more chakra than Naruto can handle so anytime Naruto goes beyond three tails, which is apparently the max he can handle, he just gets overwhelmed and goes crazy. Not until all nine tails are released and Naruto undergoes a second transformation into a giant nine tailed fox will the Kyuubi actually be in control.

Sidnne
Sat, 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Talk of personalities is confusing everything.

The only person who's confused is you.

It's very clear from your responses that you have absolutely no clue what anyone is saying to you. We might as well be speaking in Linear A.

Assertn
Sat, 03-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Nah....I think +4 tails is definitely the kyubi taking control. When Naruto went 4 tails, the whole subconscious sequence showed him offering his body to the Kyubi. Plus, 4-tailed Naruto wasn't being blindly reckless (think like Chopper's monster mode)...he was actually performing jutsus that the Kyubi is likely familiar with, such as the chakra ball of death. Not only in the fight vs Oro, but now in the fight vs Pain, he's used it. There has to be some sort of consistency in the consciousness between those two fights.

Abdula
Sat, 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Um, I dunno Assertn but that really doesn't seem to be a good argument for there being a consciousness in there. If anything I think you're doing just the opposite. Its common with berserker modes that there is a particular fighting style the berserker uses that relies solely on instinct, and its common for them to use the same attacks and the same tactics over and over and over again. So while I don't doubt that that chakra ball of death is something the Kyuubi probably uses, it seems purely instinctual to me.

Plus, 4-tailed Naruto wasn't being blindly reckless
How exactly can you make that argument?

poopdeville
Sat, 03-07-2009, 02:49 PM
The chakra ball of death is a Rasengan, just so you know. (I've been calling it the Kyuubi Spirit Bomb Rasengan, heh) Jiraiya explained that the only way chakra can take the shape of a ball is if it is rotated and compressed. Otherwise it just dissipates, kind of like fire. (We've all seen the "blue flame" kind of chakra, by Kabuto for example)

Not that this has anything to do with the Kyuubi-consciousness issue.

I understand the idea of a berserk mode. I just keep saying that the damn Shukaku did it just as much as the Kyuubi has. Splitting hairs over the monster's intentions is stupid, when the intention in both cases was to kill the first thing they saw.

Edit: I know what Linear A is, you Cretan. :0)

Assertn
Sat, 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Meh...just a difference of opinion. Can't objectively be argued for or against at this point.

Dansetsu
Sun, 03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I agree although I don't think that it's lame at all whats going on. Very entertaining stuff. Epic battle. Well, almost epic.

Paper
Mon, 03-09-2009, 11:23 AM
After reading this chapter, it seems Naruto is out of moves. Naruto is in Kyuubi mode and should have one more sage clone left at the mountain, but when Kyuubi Naruto uses 4 tails after transformation, he can barley move hence sending him to the hospital because the chakra literately burns his skin causing him to rapidly heal himself from his own damage.

He is in 6 tail Kyuubi mode now, who knows what's the severe side effect behind the transformation, all we know is its a highly possibility Naruto will be unconscious and team guy teaming up on Pein until Naruto get back on his feet.

Narasho
Mon, 03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Did I miss something? When did Kabuto show up...

Archangel
Mon, 03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Did I miss something? When did Kabuto show up...

He didn't.

It's just that yamato, sai and anko were forming a team to track him down.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
After reading this chapter, it seems Naruto is out of moves. Naruto is in Kyuubi mode and should have one more sage clone left at the mountain, but when Kyuubi Naruto uses 4 tails after transformation, he can barley move hence sending him to the hospital because the chakra literately burns his skin causing him to rapidly heal himself from his own damage.

He is in 6 tail Kyuubi mode now, who knows what's the severe side effect behind the transformation, all we know is its a highly possibility Naruto will be unconscious and team guy teaming up on Pein until Naruto get back on his feet.

Quite the opposite. We know very little about 2+ tails Naruto except for the things you've mentioned. Even so, he managed to totally own Pain's barrier technique just by standing against it and digging his tails into the ground. The ball of energy he tried to shoot was something we'd already seen him do as 4 tails, and it's the only jutsu we've seen him use thus far. It seems to me that Pain is the one who's on the ropes. His trump card might buy him some time, but I doubt it's even going to come close to defeating the bag of tricks and sheer power that this manifestation of the nine tails has in store.

Dansetsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
His trump card might buy him some time, but I doubt it's even going to come close to defeating the bag of tricks and sheer power that this manifestation of the nine tails has in store. I'll do you one better. I'll go ahead and say that he won't be able to even handle a 7 tails. At this rate in the battle, I'd say unless that last move in the last frame of the last chapter was huge and really powerful, he's toast against the 7+ tails. And at 8, the fox will probably almost fully come out, and "naruto" will be gone from the scene.

Abdula
Mon, 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I gotta say I never get tired of you guys underestimating Pain. Although at this point I have trouble disagreeing with you Uchiha Barles but I like Pain too much allow myself to believe that he'll go down so easily.

Dansetsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
but I like Pain too much allow myself to believe that he'll go down so easily. So do I. I think he's one of the best ninjas to come around in a while. In fact I've been saying that for a while now too. The only problem is:

A. At some point, Nagato is going to just run out of chakra and the god realm will just become a limp doll.
B. It's fucking Kyuubi with 6 tails already.
C. If he withstood and sent back a shock wave blast from pain that basically was half of what he did to konoha, then I think more tails means he needs to either bust out something huge to combat against Kyuubi form naruto at this point, or just use more bodies. Or just run and keep running.

The fox also seems like a smarter fighter when Naruto lets him be and more tails come out. And he can go more nuts for longer periods at a higher caliber and power level, with more moves. So I don't know how pain is going to handle this. It'll be interesting to see.

poopdeville
Mon, 03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I would agree, except that I can't believe Pein would try to capture Naruto without a plan for dealing with the Kyuubi. It was Sage mode that tripped Pein up, because it was strong and unexpected.

I think Pein's trump card is going to teleport 5 fresh bodies in. It would be like Naruto's usual tactic, except each of the bodies/clones has different talents.

Dansetsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I think Pein's trump card is going to port 5 fresh bodies in. I would agree with that except that he's going to have a small issue on his hands in the form of mastering their abilities in a brand new fight with no chance of practicing on weaker folks. Naruto in this mode is straight up getting scary now. He ain't fucking around when he sent that shock wave back to pain. But I do agree that new bodies will come into the fight. I'll back you by saying that god path probably hid some in the forest he's heading to around konoha for backup, or, since he's getting close to Nagato's mountain (we know this because of last frame where Nagato says he's close enough now) he has the power to try some close range transmission tricks and start to get serious in terms of the fox being on Nagato's home court.

But this is all just conjecture. Theory. And no I sadly don't think any of the bodies will be Jiraiya. Yes even I have given up on that all next in line of mightiest Narutverse fanboy needs.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I gotta say I never get tired of you guys underestimating Pain. Although at this point I have trouble disagreeing with you Uchiha Barles but I like Pain too much allow myself to believe that he'll go down so easily.

Oh, I wouldn't call everything that's happened so far "easy". And even then, I don't think Pain is going to go down "easily" at all in the next few chapters. I just think that when all is said and done, 1) Pain will be defeated, and 2) Kyuubi Naruto will not have been taken to his limits. I'm pretty sure Pain is going to put up one hell of a fight and we'll get to see a lot of Jutsu on the part of the nine tails that he'll need to deal with Pain's techniques (which would probably floor anyone else that's alive in the manga right now). But if either 1 or 2 turned out to be false...I'd be surprised, probably pleasantly so if the it doesn't come out like complete cheese.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
well the next few chapters are feeling real predictable. But I don have a clue how Pains about to take out that fuckin thing, thinking its gonna happen though. I just hope gai rescues him right away. Idk how much I'd like a reverse Gaara rescue arc.

oh yeah... thats yahiko pain right? idk what youre callin him, but the one fighting kyuubi right now, is really surprising me with how well he's keeping up with him so far 1on1. naruto's fucked once he summons in god realm.

Rikudo
Tue, 03-10-2009, 01:27 AM
I think sooner or later Nagato will run out of chakra to transmit. So that counts out the possibility of more Pain bodies, at least for now. The jutsu Pain is performing in the last panel looks like a sealing technique. Six-tails Naruto will probably get immobilize and who knows what kind of shit Pain will pull out of his ass literally.

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 02:22 AM
I think sooner or later Nagato will run out of chakra to transmit. So that counts out the possibility of more Pain bodies, at least for now. Wow real original since I posted that about only 6 posts ago. The least you could have done is agree with me on it and quote me or back me up a bit. I really don't think this fight will end well or be short. Each one involved has something very powerful over and over again up their sleeve. And this chapter just bumped it up to the next level. Like I and everyone said, neither of them is backing down. This is the fight we've been waiting for in the series. At least one of the top two or three.

Abdula
Tue, 03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh, I wouldn't call everything that's happened so far "easy". And even then, I don't think Pain is going to go down "easily" at all in the next few chapters. I just think that when all is said and done, 1) Pain will be defeated, and 2) Kyuubi Naruto will not have been taken to his limits. I'm pretty sure Pain is going to put up one hell of a fight and we'll get to see a lot of Jutsu on the part of the nine tails that he'll need to deal with Pain's techniques (which would probably floor anyone else that's alive in the manga right now). But if either 1 or 2 turned out to be false...I'd be surprised, probably pleasantly so if the it doesn't come out like complete cheese.
Well I'm expecting Pain to win, and I doubt we'll be seeing much from Naruto's newly acquired six-tailed form because win, lose or draw I'm not expecting this fight to go on much longer. I would be completely disappointed if Pain lost here, because at some point someone has to be able to put the Kyuubi down or this series is gonna go nowhere and really if even the leader of Akatsuki can't handle Kyuubi-Naruto then there really isn't much hope for anyone else going up against Naruto.

poopdeville
Tue, 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Madara and Sasuke can control the Kyuubi. And Yamato has the potential to, though he'll have to train a lot to deal with all nine tails. The Fourth seemed to think Naruto would learn to control the Kyuubi.

I am rooting for Pein too. I will change my mind when Sasuke shows up. He said he was going to Konoha after getting some rest. That was up to a week ago in the manga's time line. Sasuke's fight with Killabee took place during the week Naruto was training at Mt. Toad.

Sasuke figured out how to do a space-time jutsu similar to Kakashi's, when he saved Kirin from Amaterasu. It won't kill Pein, since Nagato is safe, but he can't defend against it either.

Yukimura
Tue, 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
If random ninja X (Pein) can simply overpower the Kyuubi I think it cheapens the Kyuubi to the point of absurdity. The First's techniques seem to involve canceling out or suppressing bijuu power and the Sharingan, I am assuming, works on Kyubii by screwing with it on a mental level in both cases the sheer power of the beast is bypassed or removed from the equation instead of being directly fought against by the opponent. But so far it seems like Pein is going about this fight with Kyubii Naruto in a brute force manner. If a natural born human can have enough chakra to simply overpower the Kyubii then what is the point of building up the Kyubii in the series as this uber strong powerhouse?

I don't really care if Pein beats Kyubii Naruto but if it's going happen I really hope it's because of some convenient special ability/technique Pein uses that nullifies or reduces Kyubii Naruto's power rather than just hitting him with such a huge brick that he passes out.

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 04:31 PM
so far it seems like Pein is going about this fight with Kyubii Naruto in a brute force manner. If a natural born human can have enough chakra to simply overpower the Kyubii then what is the point of building up the Kyubii in the series as this uber strong powerhouse?

I think that's the whole point though. He's getting warmed up in my opinion.

Abdula
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
If a natural born human can have enough chakra to simply overpower the Kyubii then what is the point of building up the Kyubii in the series as this uber strong powerhouse?
Its alright Yuki, I don't think anyone other than Dansetsu is expecting to see Pain flatten the Kyuubi.

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Its alright Yuki, I don't think anyone other than Dansetsu is expecting to see Pain flatten the Kyuubi.I'm back and fourth man. I can take it or leave it and swap sides to who ever at any time. Most people seem to switch and the people who seem to think Pain will win is equal. And honestly no, I don't think Pain will flatten him, but he is good at what he does. Actually, I thought all along that Pain was going to get owned by the six tails. That was my original opinion in this powerhouse shit fest. But, like I said, we'll see.

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
But so far it seems like Pein is going about this fight with Kyubii Naruto in a brute force manner.

You have to be. How are you supposed to be smart against something like that? It's non stop power and chakra. He has no choice but to use brute force and strength over tactical advantage and thought. Most of all, he doesn't have time to fight that thing with thought. Pain has almost no thinking time. He does what he has to to stay alive.

Archangel
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Its alright Yuki, I don't think anyone other than Dansetsu is expecting to see Pain flatten the Kyuubi.

Overpowering a six tailed kyuubi would indeed be retarded but i'm hoping that he indeed has some an attack that is able to contain its powers

I mean if he doesn't have some sort of plan after antagonizing naruto so much to the point he finally released his "red fury" Pain would win the retard award for outstanding villains

Dansetsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I mean if he doesn't have some sort of plan after antagonizing naruto so much to the point he finally released his "red fury" Pain would win the retard award for outstanding villains What plan?! There is no plan. You don't won't and can't plan against something like this. It just isn't handled that way. This isn't a delicate situation of learning to over power something of this caliber. It's just trying to get something done with more power than the other guy. He's too too too powerful just with six. I'll say one more time if he goes seven, or hell in the next chapter even (yes this is a prediction) he's going to start to get owned by Kyuubi if something isn't pulled off.

Yukimura
Wed, 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
So you think Yondaime just pulled the whole Kyubii sealing out of his ass with no plan? You don't HAVE to use brute force to counter brute force if you have a way to effectively channel or divert the strength behind that force away from its user in some way. Oro's 5 Element Seal for example, if applied to Naruto right now could potentially cut off his power supply by screwing up the mechanism allowing the energy to flow from Kyuubi through Naruto and out into the world. That particular technique would be impractical in this situation of course but the principle is what's important. A person can't stop an engine with their bare hands but they can toss a wrench into one and disrupt the mechanisms which keep it running.

Rikudo
Wed, 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow real original since I posted that about only 6 posts ago. The least you could have done is agree with me on it and quote me or back me up a bit. I really don't think this fight will end well or be short. Each one involved has something very powerful over and over again up their sleeve. And this chapter just bumped it up to the next level. Like I and everyone said, neither of them is backing down. This is the fight we've been waiting for in the series. At least one of the top two or three.

I apologize, I don't really care enough to actually read any of your post except for this one since you've quoted me. To me, you're like the second coming of Abdula except you're dumb. Abdula can actually back-up his point.

Anyway, I think Pain is trying to supress the Kyubi mode and have Naruto pass out so he can capture him. But since he was also kinda surprise of the Kyubi's power, he's probably fighting for his life just as much as trying to capture Naruto.