PDA

View Full Version : GotWoot Heights

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
So..how tall are our (not so) average GotWooters (to the nearest feet)? Are you concerned about your height? Too tall? Too short? Smiling at your latest mark on the wall for our growing teens, or frowning as you go downhill as you hit 93? Clothing difficulties?

---------------
I used to be quite concerned about mine, always setting a standard that I hoped to reach, but never will. Now that I'm pretty much set, I look around me and realise height really doesn't bother me that much. "Too average" is better than the extremes.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 02-27-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm at peace with my height overall, though I like playing basketball. 172 cm can be quite short for that. To be able to dunk... :rolleyes: Don't have problems with clothing, except for wideness. :o
I did have an issue when I was younger, cause I always wanted to be tall. Don't know why. I don't now.

Edit: Changed my height by respected comment from RyougaZell.

Spiegel
Fri, 02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I think I am just right at 6'4". Not too tall, not too short. Oh, and clothing... Is an odd issue. Dress shirts are at a 17" neck and 38 sleeve length. Hard to find a shirt that really works on all accounts.

darkshadow
Fri, 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
6' here, just right.

RyougaZell
Fri, 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm at peace with my height overall, though I like playing basketball. 1.72 cm can be quite short for that. To be able to dunk... :rolleyes: Don't have problems with clothing, except for wideness. :o
I did have an issue when I was younger, cause I always wanted to be tall. Don't know why. I don't now.

1.72 cm??? DUDE!!! Are you like Thumbenille or something? LOL...

I myself am 1.71 M / 171 cm. Whatever that may be on inches.

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Didn't we already do this?

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16451

I don't think I've grown since then.

Edit: I came into this thread expecting a Gotwoot-themed teen drama rife with emotion and sexual tension.

Abdula
Sat, 02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah there has been a lot of thread recycling going on lately. Anyway like I said in the other thread I'm 6'2". This thread just reminded me of a guy I know, broke both his legs awhile back and had to have pins put in. Anyway when it was all said and done, he had grown 2 inches.

Kraco
Sat, 02-28-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm still that same 5'8" (173 cm). Never wanted to be taller, though I'm happy I'm not shorter as it would be too hard to reach top shelves otherwise. There are plenty of situations in life when it's more comfortable to take less space.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Same height as Kraco.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Let's vary it from the other height thread and add weights.

I'm 5' 7.5" 151lb.

Xelbair
Sat, 02-28-2009, 04:13 AM
173cm, average height in my country.
Weight's you say? i say no way!
Weighing machine really hates me.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Let's vary it from the other height thread and add weights.

I'm 5' 7.5" 151lb.

69KG, last time I weighed. I believe I've lost some muscle mass, since I haven't been exercising much at all in the last 6 months or so. Cardio's absolute shyte.

I felt a bit of deja vu as I wrote up this thread....now I know why :)

Animeniax
Sat, 02-28-2009, 05:41 AM
I've lost about 10 lbs (22kg) in the last 2-3 months. It's kind of disappointing since I want to be at 170lbs (77kg).

masamuneehs
Sat, 02-28-2009, 06:23 AM
i was absolutely shocked when i went and got a physical this year and the doctors reported me at 6 1. i'd been 6 feet even for almost six years (early growth spurt, god that made dominating elementary school hoops almost a joke, even for my uncoordinated ass). also, i found it hard to find pants sometimes with my length that aren't made for whale sized waists, back in the States. But here in Japan, there are more sizes for the length that have reasonable waists..

Didn't we already do this?

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16451

I don't think I've grown since then.

Edit: I came into this thread expecting a Gotwoot-themed teen drama rife with emotion and sexual tension.

my expectations were the same. also, what's up with the mods sleeping on thread merging? i wasn't a nazi in my tenure with the wootsquad just to see you boys slack off

Kraco
Sat, 02-28-2009, 06:39 AM
What happens to the poll if you merge this with the old thread? Maybe if you merged the old pollless thread with this... But since this was a poll thread to begin with, the old posts would have little meaning since those people wouldn't have votes in.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-28-2009, 08:07 AM
5'11" and 180 lbs (180cm and 81 kg).

I'm a little heavier than I'd prefer given my relative lack of muscle mass, but someday I hope to get whatever fat converted to muscle.

Sitting on one's posterior at work all day does not do one's physical fitness any good. My last job was a lot more physical, so I weighed about 5 lbs less and had more muscle.

Xrlderek
Sat, 02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Around 170cm and 59.4kg. Most of my friends are taller, but I'm fine with it.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-28-2009, 08:47 AM
i was absolutely shocked when i went and got a physical this year and the doctors reported me at 6 1. i'd been 6 feet even for almost six years (early growth spurt, god that made dominating elementary school hoops almost a joke, even for my uncoordinated ass). also, i found it hard to find pants sometimes with my length that aren't made for whale sized waists, back in the States. But here in Japan, there are more sizes for the length that have reasonable waists..
So don't dodge the questions masa, what do you weigh and how is Japan treating you?

Around 170cm and 59.4kg. Most of my friends are taller, but I'm fine with it.Wow you're tiny!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-28-2009, 08:48 AM
5'11" and 180 lbs (180cm and 81 kg).

I'm a little heavier than I'd prefer given my relative lack of muscle mass, but someday I hope to get whatever fat converted to muscle.

Sitting on one's posterior at work all day does not do one's physical fitness any good. My last job was a lot more physical, so I weighed about 5 lbs less and had more muscle.

About the same, actually, though I have been steadily taking down some weight during the past few months (I was much closer to 83 KG). not a serious change, but at least I'm not getting any fatter.

I don't consider myself tall, but it's probably because most of my friends and co-workers are taller than me (they might be giants), and the rest of the people I know aren't in my age group, so they aren't valid for comparison. I know that I'm taller than average, but it doesn't feel like it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Then let's do this.

RyougaZell
Sat, 02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks to the issues I had with the intestines I currently weight 60kg, whereas one year ago I weighted 70kg. I've only recovered 2 out of the 13kg I lost.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
5'10" or 1.78m

Animeniax
Sat, 02-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks to the issues I had with the intestines I currently weight 60kg, whereas one year ago I weighted 70kg. I've only recovered 2 out of the 13kg I lost.
That would be a pretty awesome way to try to get back to weight, eating whatever you want. I'd splurge on instant ramen until my kidneys failed.

Just kidding. It's really a perfect way to get back to weight the right way, by eating healthy and working out.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Since weights are now added into the equation...

5'8" and 162 lb

Marik
Sat, 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
6'4" and around 225 pounds.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 07:40 PM
New measurements today:

5' 9.5" (176.5cm)

149.6lb (68kg)

Abdula
Sat, 02-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Only 149? I thought you said you were a big guy?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Only 149? I thought you said you were a big guy?

:confused: How did that get across?

I didn't mention anything about that in the other height thread neither....
I did mention a few times that I'm out of shape and haven't exercised intensely for a good few months or more now, as well as playing shyte in a soccer game recently. I guess it was that?

I meant "out of shape" as in fitness-wise. Cardio's gone downhill and all. I'm too conscious to put on any significant weight :o

Max I've weighed is around 75 kg I think. ~165lbs.

Or were you meaning a muscular big guy? Macho-Webz Image FTW :D

Abdula
Sat, 02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I swear you mentioned once that you were a bear of a man or something like that or were you talking about your dad:confused:

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 11:37 PM
I swear you mentioned once that you were a bear of a man or something like that or were you talking about your dad:confused:

Oh, that. Haha.

I mentioned that my dad with his old man's glasses looked like a panda fumbling with something trivial :o Think it was the "What made you smile" thread.

Sapphire
Sun, 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm 5'6.5, 385lbs, I like my height, though I wouldn't mind longer legs~

Abdula
Sun, 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm sure none of us would mind if you had longer legs. 385 huh, I just noticed I didn't mention my weight, haven't checked it recently but I'd estimate I'm somewhere around the 215 mark

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm currently trying to maintain 175 pounds and shave off some of the body fat I put on when I gained from bulking last semester. I went from 145 pounds to 183. I'll spend this semester and the summer cutting, and then I'll see if I can get up to 200 pounds starting in September.

Exciting.

Abdula
Sun, 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't remember you ever mentioning it in the fitness and exercise thread but is there an ultimate goal you're trying to reach, a specific weight you're trying to get to?

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Between 200 and 210. Maybe even 195 or so. I'll see how I feel when I get up there.

In any case I plan to overshoot my goal so I can loose weight and get rid of any fat I put on during bulking, like I'm doing now.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
It almost sounds like you're on a yo-yo diet.

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
No, I'm only adjusting the amount of calories I eat per day in small increments. I still eat every 2-3 hours, I just eat slightly less at every meal, and eat less carbohydrates on days that I don't lift weights. So instead of eating ~3,000 calories a day, I'm eating about 2,600. Mainly that comes from me cutting back on the mass gainer I've been drinking, since it's sugary as hell.

This (http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/losing-fat.aspx), not this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo_dieting).

I basically noticed my stomach getting larger, along with the rest of me, and now I'm trying to curb that. Ain't no good getting swole if you have a noticeable gut.