PDA

View Full Version : Kiddy Girl-And

Munsu
Fri, 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
This is a new spinoff for the Kiddy Grade franchise. Details here:

Story set 200 years after Kiddy Grade, with director, designer returning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The official website for the Kiddy Grade anime franchise has announced a new spinoff called Kiddy Girl-and. The story is set in the Star Century year 0379, roughly two centuries after the original Kiddy Grade anime and about five centuries after our present day. The spirited Asukūru and serious Ku Fīyu work for the galactic government known as GTO. The two girls are members of ES, GTO's finest secret agents with special abilities — or, rather, they are training to become ES.

One of the production companies for the original Kiddy Grade, gimik, created Kiddy Girl-and's story, while Hidefumi Kimura (Kiddy Grade, Generator Gawl) is supervising the scripts. Director Keiji Gotoh (Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula, Uta∽Kata) and character designer Megumi Kadonosono (Clannad film, Uta∽Kata) also return from the first series in their same produciton roles. This time around, Satelight is producing the animation for GTO, the production entity named after the story's fictional government. A manga version, Kiddy Girl-and Pure, will launch in the May issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Comp Ace magazine on March 26. Funimation released the original Kiddy Grade anime in North America in 2005 and 2006.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-26/kiddy-grade-spinoff-kiddy-girl-and-announced

While we're at it, what happened to the Kiddy Grade sequel that was in the works? I've heard different things, about originally being a tv sequel, then it became a 3-part movie of some sort. What happened to that? Did it ever come out?

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
This would be Kiddy Grade 2. Asukūru and Ku Fīyu (the third spelling I've seen for this one) were the characters from the Kiddy Grade 2 promo that was released last year.

The three part movie was a recap/retelling of the original series if I recall correctly. Similar to what has been done with AIR and Clannad. Those came out, but since they were largely the original series done over, no one really cared.

That said, they did apparently change Asukuru's appearance. She had gray hair before, and a different outfit. (This is assuming they didn't switch the names entirely). The update says the image is subject to change, so I guess they are still messing around with it. Ku Fiyu (which was the purple-haired one for the last promo) remains largely unchanged by the looks of things.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Thirty second promo has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pMPaJAfehQ

The series looks just as good as the original animation quality wise. I definitely recognized a few familiar faces (different, but recognizable anyway).

The two leads sound pretty good. Both are fairly new voice actresses (the same as Aya Hirano was in the first series), which is always a nice touch. Not a lot of action shown in the promo, but that will probably come later after they establish the cast a bit more.

Series airs the 22nd.

TheBladeChild
Fri, 10-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Episode one is here:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=91012

Archangel
Fri, 10-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Does it relate much to the main story? I watched the first anime but i think i missed a couple of episodes

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-16-2009, 04:28 PM
You'd catch references and know the history, but so far, it doesn't matter. The second eyecatch with the director "Big Promotion" garnered a laugh, and the four ES members were recognizable (nice trick on the appearances of the latter pair by the way!).

That said, I was a bit underwhelmed. Ascoeur was like a square-peg-round-hole version of Arika from Mai-Otome. She was klutzy and dumb. She had more energy than Eclair as the lead girl, but none of Eclair's charm. Quefeuille didn't really have a prominent enough role to gauge her, or what her powers were, if she has any.

/cryptic statement
Ascoeur's ability on the other hand, had a very interesting similarity with a certain someone from the previous series, who is thus far absent (but assumed to still exist). I'm not going say who it is, but I'm mentioning it so I can can egotistically point it out that I suspected it if it somehow turns out to be true.
/end cryptic statement

Aside from that and how retarded Ascoeur was getting trapped underneath a fallen houseplant, the episode was a bit devoid of any real content, mostly an introductory episode.

But the animation is great, Quefeuille was at least a little interesting, while Ascoeur is annoying (but not overly so), her combat wasn't too bad, and the side characters were entertaining.

Kraco
Fri, 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
The HQ should invest in doors made out of some actually strong material, not out of particleboard. Not to mention the walls. I'm surprised the building is still standing at all.

It was quite an airy episode indeed. Nothing much happened that made a whole lot of sense. A real introduction episode for sure. I did realise how little I remember of the old series; I hope that won't reduce my enjoyment too much seeing how this series might be offering a bit less entertainment in general than I anticipated, assuming this first episode was of any indication.

Good animation, though.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say that the entertainment value would be less than I expected, the first half-dozen or so episodes of the first series also tended to be vapid, episodic, character introductions and setting establishment. After that the series went very rapidly into serious territory.

I wrote a full recap of Kiddy Grade here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=329505&postcount=9) [spoiler warning] when this series was originally announced if anyone wants a refresher.

Archangel
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I think i'll download the whole series again, any particular order i should watch the movies in?

Actually something's weird... according to anidb none of the movies have been subbed in english?

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:29 PM
The movies are recaps, weren't ever translated into English, and aren't really worth watching if you're just going to watch the whole series again.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:04 AM
[Himatsubushi]​​ Kiddy​​ Girl-and​ - 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=92365)

-----------------------

I get that they are trainees, but I'm really not liking this approach to the series. Comedy relief episodes are fine, but to have them all lumped at the beginning is another, and we still don't have any definite answer to what Q-feuille's powers actually are. If they want to make the franchise switch from an action series with a little comedy to a comedy with a little action, fine, but I don't think they marketed the show correctly. We knew what to expect from Fumoffu, which was great, but here I was expecting a lot more action.

Ascoeur's voice is still shrill, but she was a little less obnoxious this episode. I'm still hoping that there is a lot of negative feedback so she tones it down more in the later episodes.

Kraco
Fri, 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I couldn't finish watching this episode, it was so bloody obnoxious and meaningless. Maybe I will still have a look at the next episode (I very much doubt this ep will be needed for subsequent ones) and if it's still as idiotic as this one, there'll be not future for this franchise on my watch list.

What the hell is wrong with Ascoeur anyway? She should be attending a kindergarten, not any sort of serious job.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
[Himatsubushi]​ Kiddy​ Girl-and - 03​ (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=95925)

It's getting better...just not fast enough. I much preferred the Criminal of the Week format of the previous season to the Ascoeur Does Something Retarded of this season, but there really isn't a way to do that given that the pair aren't even official ES members, so they'd more likely be killed doing the things that Eclair and Lumi did.

Ascoeur's voice still makes my ears actually hurt when she gets really excited, but I do think her actress is improving toning it down.

In terms of actual content, their fight was pretty funny, and finding out that Q-feuille has her own freakish obsession (hinted at in the last episode) made her a little bit more human. She's not a perfect workaholic after all. It was a bit startling to see exactly how much she was into that magical girl show. The blue-haired ES member being that much into it too came off a bit awkward in retrospect though.

Some serious parts look to be right around the corner though.

------------------------------------------
Concerning Kiddy Grade -> Kiddy Girl-and: [heavy spoilers from season 1]
really[/B] reincarnated into...a total retard. It would make sense, but I find it hard to believe. Their base level powers are the same (teleport), Eclipse's power of quantum reincarnation [I]must still exist because Tweedledee isn't 70 years old. I just find it a little hard to believe that if Eclipse wiped her own memory the way that Eclair always asked her to do for her, that she would grow up into Ascouer. ]
/end speculation using knowledge from season 1

Kraco
Sat, 10-31-2009, 02:42 AM
This episode was totally useless waste of time and idiotic beyond measure. I didn't finish watching the second episode, which was all about a cup of pudding, but I did actually finish this episode that was all about... I still don't know what. I managed to finish it because I wanted to know what it was all about and I simply couldn't believe it would be so moronic.

Unless it was all about losing viewers. I'm sure it managed to do that. It's a small miracle my vague memories of the first season are still so good that I'll likely watch also the fourth episode of this shitty season.

Edit: why -> what.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I loled at the Card Captor Sakura reference.

Didn't Kiddy Girl also had a moronic start of season? I think the general dislike for this version is that it returned to the moronic origin.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

There was Eclair dressing up like a waitress to deliver official papers and Lumiere pinching her in the butt for being unladylike, cyborg wrestling, and Eclair going out to dance clubs, but those were small parts of episodes that were largely action based.

Here, we just have Ascouer repeatedly screwing up and being a complete moron, and the ridiculously over the top security system that you can't possibly take seriously in any way. Sure it causes psychological damage to the average waitress-intruder, but if it was something like an emotionless cyborg or an AI robot (both of which the Kiddy Grade universe has plenty of) then it would be completely worthless.

I'm going to stick with it, especially because they haven't even told us what happened to Eclair and Lumiere, but any more episodes solely like this are going to try my patience. Think about it, this has been a whole DVD of total crap episodes.

Kraco
Fri, 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Kiddy girl and girl:

Episode 4 - Himatsubushi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=97092)

- - - - - -

Still an idiotic episode but at least it already progressed the plot since they got a new member in the team. Despite being a little kid she certainly won't appear any less mature than Ascoeur.

The fight was completely stupid but at the same time it did make a lot of sense as nobody with half a brain would expect those two to have any decent fighting abilities. Kind of a pity for Quefeuille because she obviously could do a lot more and get promotions to real work sooner if she wasn't held back by the blistering moron Ascoeur. But whatever if she's happy babysitting her (and now another, real kid).

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm still struggling with what Q-feuille's actual combat abilities are. Her bombs obviously aren't that strong, even Ascoeur's needles are stronger. Her hacking skills are...average, so she doesn't really seem like much in the way of support either. She used precognition last episode, but it took her a long time to start, so it is probably only useful outside direct combat.

Dia's Power Up kiss comes off more like giving Ascoeur lessons from Railgun's Kuroko. Teleporting your own projectiles, etc. If Ascoeur got that strong full time, she could kick some serious interstellar criminal ass. Her teleport is really fast. If she overcomes the weaknesses that Ruby pointed out, I think it would be pretty close to impossible to defeat Ascoeur in close and mid-range combat.

That said, I found Dia to be a lot more annoying than Ascoeur in terms of voice and the way she speaks.

I think an important bit came from Q-feuille revealing her age. She's certainly not as immature as Ascoeur (loved the eyecatch jokes about that), but it says a few potential things. Q-feuille either has no memory prior to 8 years ago, she's a quantum reincarnation a la Kiddy Grade, or she's might be artificial, like a combat cyborg.

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Was it just me... or where the subs extra big?

The jokes in the middle of the episode were awesome.

Dia's power is probably awakening others powers... right?

And even though Ascoeur can get a bit annoying... she's done much more than Q-feuille on this episodes. So I don't really see how Ascoeur can be holding her back. To be fair we really haven't seen what Q-feuille can do though.

Kraco
Sat, 11-07-2009, 03:10 AM
Aside from the fact that agency indeed is stupid and naive enough to employ a walking disaster like Ascoeur in the first place, even I wouldn't want to believe they would give somebody clinically missing a brain any really important missions. Q-feuille may not excel in fights, but there's a lot more in such an organization than fighting she could be doing with her prediction and data handling powers. But being stuck to somebody who is too idiotic to do anything but basic fighting will prevent her from ever getting such jobs (because Ascoeur would ruin her performance).

But like I said, she's apparently happy babysitting kids so sticking to Ascoeur and Dia is probably fitting for her vision of a good career.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-07-2009, 07:00 AM
I think Ascoeur is simply missing experience. While the lesson itself largely went up in smoke when Dia powered her up, Ascoeur learned about her limitations rather quickly. Once she gained power, she was a lot better at using them more discretely, and she fought a lot more conservatively.

We can't forget that these are not trained veterans like Troyes Jeanne, Trixie, Tweedledee, or any of the ES members from last season. They aren't even officially employed as agents.

When things get a lot more serious, I think Ascoeur scales back her peppiness and idiotic behavior until the crisis is over. She was very quick to tell Q-feuille to run and leave her alone with both of those two. Her original plan seemed to be to have Q-fueille get Dia to safety and then teleport away herself. The only problem was that Q-fueille didn't listen to Ascoeur and got caught by Saphir, and Rubis figured out Ascoeur's weaknesses.

She could probably beat any other ES members at infiltration missions if she shut up long enough to do it, but I'm convinced that all depends on the severity of the mission, and the experience to know how many on relying on you. For something like pumpkin pudding, she doesn't have to be serious and can afford to screw up the whole time. Rescuing a captured VIP hostage, or stopping terrorists isolated in a bunker? I think for all her faults she would take those kinds of missions as seriously as Q-feuille does, at least until they are over.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-14-2009, 07:20 AM
[Himatsubushi]​ Kiddy Girl-and​ -​ 05v2​ (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=98512)

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, I suppose I'm the only one left watching this.

This series is much better the less you expect out of it.

Concerning episode 5:

I really enjoyed this episode. It was a horror episode I suppose, but it wasn't really scary. There were 6 straight minutes of Q-fueille absolutely freaking out. After a while, you started to feel bad for her, given that she was taking some pretty long falls onto bare metal. She was really losing it, and there was one 10+ meter drop that would have probably killed her if she wasn't an ES member.

After that, there was a bit of reference to the former ES members of the old GOTT and GU (replaced by the current GOT). Nothing revolutionary here, but they did mention Alv and Dvergr's deaths, which was followed by a little seiyuu reference humor (Inoue Kikuko's "age"). I also enjoyed Q-fueille's complete personality switch when she realized it wasn't a supernatural creature chasing after them.

Then, there was a surprisingly entertaining fight. Powered up Q-fueille isn't really all that impressive, but her clairvoyance will probably be very useful later on. Ascoeur however, really has a handle on her teleporting. She could easily be exceptionally dangerous to any foe she comes across when powered up. The pair also confronted Dia on her ability, and are thoroughly aware of how her powers work with their own. The episode ended nicely with a Norio Wakamoto voiced...thing joining the trio.

Dia's Cat Dance was cute too.

[Himatsubushi]​ Kiddy Girl-and​ -​ 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=99341)

This episode wasn't anything serious at all, yet another omake episode, but I liked it as well.

Director Hiver in heat and all the sexual innuendo was really funny, and Zoma tricking the girls into thinking it was something utterly innocent was all the sweeter.

The Yaoi cafe was totally retarded, but I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid some of it was, particularly with Fukuyama Jun, Shiraishi Minoru, Norio Wakamoto again, and a few of the others who's names escape me. The innuendo was even worse than the Hiver in Heat half, but it was funny. No bearing on the plot (or even the series) at all, but it was fun to watch.

Kraco
Sat, 11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
What the fuck was that all about? Somebody must have shipped the anime studio the same rotten, poisonous mushrooms Jun Fukuyama's character's potion was made of. I can't explain the contents of this episode any other way.

In any case, based on the preview, it looks like the real deal begins in the next episode. Or at least they finally leave the office (and cafe) behind and there will be action and explosions.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-28-2009, 06:25 AM
The show seems to have started in earnest. You can all come back.

[Himatsubushi] Kiddy Girl-and​ - 07​ (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=100445)

------------------------------------------

The pair finally go on a real ES mission as apprentices to Trixie and Troseinne (formerly spelled Troy Jeanne) and we start to get hints at what the overarching plot will be. GTO is opposed by an openly mundane "business" group called G Society that clandestinely uses ability users to perform nefarious tasks the same way GTO maintains order.

A couple of things bothered me. They split the teams, but there was no reason that Dia shouldn't have kissed Ascoeur first to give her a power boost. That would have given her a great deal more utility, and much more safely allowed her to rescue her temporary partner. This mission was legitimately dangerous, it would have been a valuable precaution.

Additionally, Trixie has hax powers. She has space bending gravity(?) abilities, like the Tweedle twins, but she can also teleport like Ascoeur can? I'm hoping that it is just an advanced adaptation of her space-bending, because that otherwise makes Ascoeur a great deal less special, which would be a little disappointing considering she is a protagonist, and the previous season led me to believe that most ability users only had one real ability that they exploited to its fullest. Anything else they needed to do was supplemented by Nanomist or other technology (like the whole breathing in space thing).

Aside from that, as mentioned in the preview, G Society will be showing off some apprentices of its own, and giving Ascoeur and Que-Fueille a pair of rivals for the rest of the series. I do like the take that there is an equally large organization opposed to GTO, that is equally equipped to track down personnel with abilities and use them in a similar but nefarious manner. They probably used wealth and power to steal technology from the GOTT most likely, leaving the GTO with only a narrow technological lead (their spacecraft and AI robots). Or maybe they get a few leaks from the GTO. By the way Trixie and Troseinne spoke about it, they've encountered G Society's Ability Users on more than a few occasions.

Kraco
Sat, 11-28-2009, 06:45 AM
This was otherwise a nice and promising mission but Ascoeur's brainlessness ruined any seriousness it otherwise would have had. Removed all sense of danger, severity, and importance. For her it was more like a visit to an amusement park (that can be scary but never dangerous). They should really do something to correct that fool's brain. Assuming she has a brain.

Nevertheless, I liked the enemy ability users a lot. They acted like real smart villains by not risking themselves at all yet trying to use appropriate force and resources to carry out their mission. Maybe they got a little carried away by trying to eliminate the GTO agents instead of trying to take home as many ships as they could. But seeing how shitty those ships were, perhaps it wasn't that important in the end.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-28-2009, 09:36 AM
This was otherwise a nice and promising mission but Ascoeur's brainlessness ruined any seriousness it otherwise would have had. Removed all sense of danger, severity, and importance. For her it was more like a visit to an amusement park (that can be scary but never dangerous). They should really do something to correct that fool's brain. Assuming she has a brain.

But seeing how shitty those ships were, perhaps it wasn't that important in the end.I thought that was completely reasonable response given the circumstances. You have an excitable apprentice going on a mission with her idols, who can more than take care of themselves, and given the display of abilities until the G Society members showed up, I don't think it was unreasonable for Ascoeur to take it the way she did. There wasn't any real danger posed to the group until those two appeared. Que-Fueille was no less excited (Dia too, but she doesn't take anything seriously), she was just a lot better at hiding it and playing serious.

When things actually get serious, Ascoeur always rises to the occasion. Troseinne told her to escape and leave her to die, but Ascoeur exhausted herself making sure they both got out. She's not up to their level in terms of being self-sufficient without Dia, but she doesn't play around when lives and safety are on the line.

Those ships were fine for normal people. It's just that the GTO spacecraft use technologies that aren't available to most people. A two person craft can take down multiple warships, and crash directly into a fortress largely unharmed. I imagine against normal ships, those warships would otherwise be quite formidable. The La Muse from the prior series was even more devastating, making the Rafal tame by comparison.

I think stranger still is why everyone from G Society seems to know exactly who Ascoeur and Que-Fueille are. They're not interested in Dia, they don't really put a priorty on killing full ES members, and they make a point to see the two for themselves. They're all greatly interested in those two for some reason.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Still waiting for a real OP to this series:

[Himatsubushi]​ Kiddy Girl-and​ - 08​ (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=101873)

Fighting for their right to oppress others, what a worthy cause...

I also find it amusing that the Nobles, after losing their titles, go right to treating each other like shit, forcing some to become servants and commoners while the elite rise to status. Letuchie was a child servant in the garden until Gaktoer raised her to "Princess." I'm assuming that only occurred because they discovered she was an Ability User, otherwise she would have remained a servant for the rest of her life.

Gaktoer is pretty fearsome though. He drained all the blood out of that guy from like 200 meters.

Either way, this episode revealed the longer running plotline, the antagonists, and did a great job of making them absolutely repellent, and their cause just about the farthest thing from justice.

I wonder if the Shadow Workers are going to succeed at killing any of the ES Members. At the least they will probably drive the Director and the others into hiding. Leaving Ascoeur and Que-fueille to stop them...we should probably fear for the galaxy's future.

I predict that Ascoeur will be the one to actually touch Letuchie, making her freak out and Pauk immediately create a vendetta towards her.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, I suppose I'm the only one left watching this.

This series is much better the less you expect out of it.

I watch it. But all the whining in the first episodes didn't give me much reasons to comment.

Gaktoer is scary.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 12-05-2009, 07:35 AM
I am still watching this. I really hated Ascoeur too much for me to be compelled to comment during the comic episodes, but since we have arrived at the serious stuff, I will try to join in the discussion.

I hope rose dude is indeed evil. I am tired of villains suddenly having a good motive with only misguided means. I really miss the imba pair from Kiddy Grade though. Are they really gone for good?

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
I hope rose dude is indeed evil. I am tired of villains suddenly having a good motive with only misguided means.That might have been true last season with Chevalier, but given what their goal is, I really can't see how there is any "good motive." They're talking about going back to the way things were 50 years ago, when Eclair got fed up and overthrew an entire planet.

They want their privileges returned to them, allowing them to force people on their planets become indentured servants, treat everyone else like shit, and rule the galaxy from Earth.

As for Gaktoer himself, he's willing to kill others simply because they oppose him and accuse him of not being a Noble. His Shadow Workers, particularly the normally more calm ones, are willing to slaughter anyone who slanders him. I'd say it is safe to say he is also a cult leader. When characters like Rubis are urging Saphir (normally as cold as her ability) to calm down, there's a clear vision of fanaticism here.

I don't really expect much switching of sides from the Shadow Workers either. Ascoer doesn't have any friendship beam powers by the look of things, nor does Kufiyu*

*(I'm switching to the Dia spelling of Que-Feuille because the correct way is annoying to type out every time.)

Kraco
Sun, 12-06-2009, 06:55 AM
This episode might have finally revealed the face of the enemy but it was still a 100 times boring episode.

Kraco
Fri, 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
What are you looking at?

Episode 9 - Himatsubushi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=103300)

- - - - - - -

Aye, what indeed? Perhaps you are looking at your ally being butchered next to you? Doesn't mean you'd do anything to help the poor bastard, though. It's enough someone is witnessing the gruesome last moments. Although you are next, of course.

The fights in this episode were so hilariously bad I couldn't stop laughing even when those two died. And in good old textbook manner the good guys took down none of the bad guys because the bad guys actually knew much better how to look after each other and what to do with their enemies. It never helps to tell your enemy you aren't going to forgive them. Well, it does help the enemy because while you are wasting your time talking, they can kill you at leisure.

This series is seriously so bad I'd no idea why I was watching it. However, this episode did offer me an answer to that question: Trixie and Troisienne dying (because they all were so stupid) made it worth it. If you begin to hate the foolishness of some good guys, nothing feels better than the said characters dying!

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't remember Tweedledee and Tweedledum having electromagnetic powers. As I recall, they used gravity. They nearly crushed Eclair within a singularity in the previous season, I don't see why they couldn't slow Rubis down or pin her completely, then crush her completely.

But yeah, I agree, really awful fights. I'm surprised that the illusion bastards keep getting away with so much. They're completely helpless aside from preventing others from hurting them. Un-ou and An-ou easily should have killed the two of them if not for their lack of initiative and Letuchie and Pauk saving them.

Furthermore, Trixie did a good job on Lutechie and Pauk, but didn't follow through with a rift beneath them? That was a pretty glaring mistake. Trosienne could have stopped both Rubis and Saphir, slit their throats open, and then resumed. I suppose that wouldn't be a very "good guy" thing to do however.

But I can't leave Ascoeur and Que-Feuille out of it either. First off, Que-Feuille should have had Dia kiss her the second she even suspected her future sight was warning her. She would have gotten a clear vision of what was about to happen, preparing Hiver and everyone else for the assault. Perhaps things would not have turned out differently, since Gaktoer was waiting for the two to exhaust themselves, but as a clairvoyant, that is her responsibility, especially at an event where security is top priority. In their defense though, after everything went to hell, there was really little the two could do. They really aren't strong enough to not be in the way, so leading the guests out was the correct thing to do given their abilities. Nothing Ascoeur or Que-Feuille could have done would have saved Trixie and Troseinne after Gaktoer struck. What medical aid will help when most of the blood is now outside your body? Troseinne would have been the only one who could have helped, which was exactly why he waited until she was exhausted.

GTO was ill prepared, ill coordinated, and got pretty much exactly what was coming given that. G Society are still complete assholes though, preaching equality when their goal is slavery.

I think this series can still turn around. They clearly gave the GTO forces pretty much every possible disadvantage in order to create this outcome.

Kraco
Fri, 12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Ascoeur and Que-Feuille would have actually been perfectly capable and equipped to do the one thing nobody on their side did: Finish off the enemies. Que-Feuille could have used her abilities to analyse the flow of the battle and directed Ascour to jump in the moment the enemies were too distracted by the stronger GTO agents. Like when they were imprisoned or partially frozen. Quite an easy and safe job to teleport in, strike with a light saber, jump out. The enemies would never have had a chance, being too preoccupied otherwise.

It was the utter and complete lack of any sort of coordination and cooperation on GTO's side that caused this disaster. The G Society, however, had a pretty simple and straightforward plan and they stuck to it. The dudes responsible for the security should be court-martialed - although seeing how they just lost two top agents, it's not like they could afford to lose even fools. At the very least they should practice cooperation in fights.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Throughout all the episode I thought it all was a Que-Feuille vision, since it began immediately after her headache started. Guess it wasn't one though.

Kraco
Sat, 12-12-2009, 03:10 AM
I kept thinking like that for a few moments as well, but I dropped the idea when Que-Feuille began to act and talk herself. It'd be kind of unnatural to include the person having a vision into the vision acting as if everything's normal.

Yukimura
Sat, 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM
This ep was so bad I kept thinking it was a parody or something. The 'action' and the death scenes just had no emotional impact since they seemed so silly and campy. On the bright side I am actually curious to see how terrible it can get now so I'll keep watching in the hopes of more absurdity.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
The 'action' and the death scenes just had no emotional impact since they seemed so silly and campy.
Now that you say it, this was by far the worst part of the episode. Ascouer's cries seemed to go on forever, and there really never seemed like a reason for it. Trixie and Trosienne had so little development that there was no emotional investment in their characters.

If they had ever bothered to give Trixie any personality at all (at least the other one was a uber hardcore magical girl fan), it might have been a very effective scene. They sort of wasted the impact of a far too easy kill by an overwhelming enemy catching them off guard. It could have been much more emotional, but it just felt trite instead.

It didn't even hit me how bad that whole facet was because I cared so little for the two. If they had killed either of the other pairs, or even one of the main girls, it would have been a different story.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Funny. I wouldn't have cared if they killed any of the other pairs.

Kraco
Sun, 12-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Thinking about it more deeply, hopefully seeing those two die right in front of her will force Ascouer to grow up a bit. Perhaps she won't anymore treat missions like visits to an amusement park. Hoping she would realise her witless actions might have dire consequences would be too much to ask, though. With her IQ she will probably only blame the enemies (not understanding they were only doing their job, just like she should be doing) and never look into a mirror.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Space Train wreck lumbers on:

[Himatsubushi] Kiddy Girl-and 10 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=105176)

-----------------------------------

This episode was worse than the last for so many reasons. Overused plot devices were a joy to see for the thousandth time (moping around, youngest child re-encourages leads, repeatedly playing flashbacks of the other pair dying, etc).

But by far the worst was that Ascoeur and Kufiyu somehow inherited the G-class abilities of the other pair. How convenient! Rather, how contrived. There were a couple of reasons that ES members were given powerful anti-aging effects or even reincarnated as necessary. Their abilities were unique. You can't just pass on abilities from one person to the next, or even worse, "somehow remember how they used them." WTF! There was exactly one case of an ability being passed on in the prior series, and that was because they were mother and daughter. I expect an actual explanation for this in near future, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

The only bright spots are that we might finally get some action now that Ascoeur and Kufiyu are getting their own ship, and hopefully they won't waste any time putting them on stupid fetch-quest missions and it will mostly involve them encountering the Shadow Workers repeatedly. Additionally, Ascoeur's reaction to Trixie and Troseinne's death was to become much more cautious, as shown with her being exceedingly careful with her work in the cafe.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I had not thought this had aired these past two weeks.

[ANBU] Kiddy Girl-and 11 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_11_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BD2158113%5D.mkv.tor rent)

-------------------------------

It is interesting that none of the Shadow Worker pairs trust the others, nor does Gaktoer trust any of them. I won't be surprised if this total lack of trust leads to their defeat by the intrepid trio and the rest of the GTO once they are allowed to act once again.

Saphir and Rubis are also the only really likable team for me. Rubis is very straightforward, she doesn't really care for G-Society's goals, but it is obvious she has some reason to hate everyone in the galaxy. She is very genuine. She threatens when she gets angry, and she's happy and confident when she is being treated well. Saphir's tendency to trash her room was also a pleasant surprise, not one you'd really expect given her way of speaking and the way she acts around others. Same goes for her hidden behavior that the Koa the maid stumbled upon. It wasn't really clear in the end whether it was Gaktoer she was seeing or someone else.

The good news is that next episode we will finally discover what happened in the past, and possibly the specifics of what happened to Eclair and Lumiere.

It is at least a little intriguing that of all the people working for the GTO, Gaktoer is most interested in Ascoeur. Not Dia, who seems like she might already know about what happened 25 years ago, or perhaps how much of a part she plays in it. Even her powers would make it seem like she would be the one G-Society would be most interested in. But yet again, Ascoeur seems to hold some larger role in all this.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-10-2010, 06:30 AM
The truth revealed in this special report!

[ANBU] Kiddy Girl-and 12 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_12_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5B4493961D%5D.mkv.tor rent)

---------------------------------

So we finally are definitively told what happened, why Trixie and Troseinne were so important, and what really happened to Eclair and Lumiere. They're not dead, they just aren't accessible.

Geacht'er (Gaktoer) singlehanded wanted to destroy the universe for undisclosed reasons. Then he built G-Society after his first attempt failed. Meaning he is using the Novelesse with false promises of returning their status. Shocking!

I really liked the effect that the area around the marble also causes space time cessations. It's a lot like a black hole. That also probably explains where so many of the other former ES members are. They would probably have been the first to try and rescue Eclair and Lumi. While I can't say I was really surprised that Ascoeur went dashing in there, to her credit, the area around the planet looks like a normal debris field, rather than one massive time space distortion. She didn't know, and Kufiyu didn't really suspect it would be that bad either.

It was nice seeing Chevalier again too. He was reborn as a baby at the end of Kiddy Grade, so it seems this time he was given a much more thorough explanation of who his mother was, what she does, and wasn't left on his own this time. Eclair came to visit him quite often, and even gave him a cheerful goodbye before her final mission. I liked the meta moment of Che and Tama (both voiced by Wakamoto) addressing each other in some way or another (as near as a myuu~ can be construed as communication).

We also got confirmation that Hiver and Sommer are Mercredi and Armburst reborn. Even though their relative ages are now reversed, she is still like a very responsible teenage girl and he's still a lady killer.

The bigger mystery remains who exactly Ascoeur is and why Geacht'er is so interested in her. He killed off Trixie and Troseinne to prevent the crisis from being reversed, so perhaps Ascoeur somehow holds the power to unlock it and let the explosion proceed. Or it could be something else entirely. Whatever he did to her to make her stumble allowed him to confirm that she certainly is whoever he has been looking for. The one thing for sure is that we are still missing two pairs of ES members from 25 years ago (Viola and Cesario, Dextera and Sinestra) and Eclipse herself. The two pairs may be trapped near frozen space-time, but Eclipse was certainly around long enough to put Mercredi and Armburst into their new bodies.

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I haven't seen you discuss this Ryll, or maybe I missed it... what are your thoughts on Trixie and Troisenne graves?

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/KIDDY%20GiRL-AND/KIDDY%20GiRL-AND%20-%2010%20-%20Large%2005.jpg

Trixie III Eclair
Troisiene II Lumiere

Clones? I do remember lots of clones on Kiddy Grade, but can't recall much of the series.

Kraco
Sun, 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd call this episode another useless one if it wasn't for the load of information that was given. Still, sending the girls to a vacation planet in the next episode seems a bit of a stretch. Even this trip to the frozen space planet was nothing but a vacation cruise.

Gaktoer not trusting anybody is certainly given considering his history and goals. If you are trying to destroy the galaxy, the only person you could tell about it is another lunatic - but two lunatics working together would never end well for either one. You have a lonely job if the task is to kill everybody around you. He has actually done remarkably well in building the G-Society all things considered; how easy can it be to build a big society over 25 years if your dream is to end all societies?

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Trixie III Eclair
Troisiene II Lumiere
To be honest I don't make much of it at this point. Back in the episode where the girls went to the old GOTT headquarters and found Tama (eps 5), all the dates on the portraits of the ES members were copy-pasted. It would have made sense if there were dates for certain ES members who are either dead somehow or stuck in the frozen space-time, but all the dates were the same. All the dates. Even the two pairs currently employed in the GTO have dates for their deaths.

Furthermore, the two focused on in that episode, Alv and Dvergr, died at least 25 years before Eclair and Lumiere disappeared according to the recent time line established. But every portrait says The Death SC 0322 and To Heaven SC 0328.

There may be something specifically later on, but for now, given all the inconsistencies with English that Kiddy Grade/Girl has always had, I'm just going to ignore it.

The clones in Kiddy Grade had very short lifespans, but who really knows what happened to them. Perhaps some of them had children and Trixie and Troiseinne were the result of that.

Kraco
Sat, 01-16-2010, 05:45 AM
The curves revealed in this special report:

Episode 13 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_13_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BA8E79238%5D.mkv.tor rent)

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Curves and a whole lot more...

I guess we didn't need to wait long at all for it to be revealed why Geacht'er is so interested in Ascoeur. She just so happens to be an ultra pure-bred Novelesse. Only three people arrived the day before they went after the mainframe, which audibly recognized at least one of the three as a Novelesse, and the agent directly mentioned that is was a Super VIP.

The argument could be made that it was Di-air, but Geacht'er doesn't care about her in the slightest it seems, and supposedly being a pure-bred himself, it would make sense that he is after her for that reason.

That and the birthmark. What else besides a high Novelesse would have such an conspicuously shaped birthmark?

As swimsuit episodes go, this was a pretty entertaining one. Fanservice and a decent action episode all wrapped up into one. I was expected something like a little pervert typing away at the computer taking pictures of girls and keeping them there to create some kind of harem, but it was a nice surprise of the system going berserk in an attempt to maintain security due to the high numbers of social elites with a previously special status.

Strange that a series that so many poor and completely pointless episodes in the beginning actually makes a swimsuit episode with substance.

I kind of expected that a Shadow Worker pair would show up to rescue the Novelesse girls.

Kraco
Sat, 01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I wasn't actually as amused (in a negative manner) by this ep as many of the earlier ones. Perhaps because I didn't expect too much from the obligatory swinsuit episode in the first place, perhaps because it didn't have the kind of super stupid decision making the earlier ones have had. What they did here made sense more or less.

I could totally buy Ascoeur being an ultra pure-bred Novelesse. She's certainly stupid enough to be the result of extreme inbreeding.

RyougaZell
Sat, 02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
A nice flashback followed by an episode that begun as crap but ended being awesome.

ANBU Episode 14 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_14_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BD64BF90E%5D.mkv.tor rent)
ANBU Episode 15 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_15_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5B44C17670%5D.mkv.tor rent)

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM
It wasn't really a surprise that Ascoeur is a Novelesse, though I won't deny that I kinda expected her to turn out to be Geacht'er's mother or something. Given how she was her approximate age in the flashback episode, that possibility was ruled out. How do you stop a stalker who uses what seems like the astral plane? Geacht'er being able to both be seemingly invincible by...phasing in and out of time I suppose, and being able to use his overwhelming attacks seems a bit unfair though. Having him showing up and stalking Ascoeur frequently could get really annoying really fast.

Interesting that Q-feuille is Eclipse's daughter. It's somewhat hard to understand what that means though. I'm fairly sure that Chevalier wasn't Eclair's biological son, so it is hard to say what their exact relationship is. It might be that Eclipse actually gave birth to her (who would be the father then? Probably a combination of Eclair and Lumiere's dna). Or perhaps she used her ability (quantum teleport) to create her, and the strain killed her. A third possibility (since we didn't see Q-feuille and Eclipse together) is that Eclipse is now Q-feuille, where I had previously suspected Ascouer. Given how powerful Eclipse was, I'm still struggling to understand how Q-feuille's birth/creation could kill Eclipse.

Then there is still Di-air. Her introduction made it seem like she was artificially created as well. She seems to have been relegated to comedy relief and omega kawaii sort of moments. They haven't been taking advantage of her ability, nor have they given her any character development lately.

I wonder what happens when Letuchia finds out that she's not all that special.

The series has certainly improved, but it still feels like they are wasting a lot of time with comedy relief episodes and stupid moments. There are already a ton of characters, and none of them have truly been given proper development besides Q-feuille and Asceour (and only barely). Di-air seems to have been forgotten about. The series has still been rather unfocused. Are the Shadow Workers supposed to be the trio's adversaries or not? Geacht'er took their place without the cast properly fighting any of the other pairs. The first Saphir and Rubis fight didn't really count since both sides retreated.

Kraco
Sun, 02-07-2010, 02:48 AM
The scene with Geacht'er with the shadow workers aboard the space ship gave me an impression Geacht'er might not be related to Ascoeur in any way and is only using her amnesia as a tool to try to make her join his side. It wouldn't be that hard for him to get a fake birthmark as well. The flashback could have been anything, even something the shadow worker implanted since he was messing with her mind anyway. Shows a distinct lack of longterm planning on Geacht'er's part in any case to first murder the two people Ascouer respected the most right in front of her eyes and then proceeds to ask her to join him. The man isn't much of a strategist. Must be his ego that's blocking everything else from his vision.

Who knows. The important thing is that at least we didn't get a "I'm your father" scene.

The series has certainly improved, but it still feels like they are wasting a lot of time with comedy relief episodes and stupid moments.

Of late the moments I've been looking forward to the most are the super deformed still images in the middle of the eps...

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Of late the moments I've been looking forward to the most are the super deformed still images in the middle of the eps...
I won't disagree there. The Sommer one from the swimsuit episode was very amusing.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
A heart of ice on a planet just as cold

[ANBU] Kiddy Girl-and 16 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_16_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BA5863C7E%5D.mkv.tor rent)

------------------------

A very entertaining episode. Saphir had me fooled for a minute there, particularly when she was humming a lullaby to Di-air. Nevertheless, I expected her to rage if/when she found out Ascoeur was Geacht'er's sister. But alas, he had already told her and lured the not-so-bright GTO into a trap, again. Still, Saphir almost killed Ascoeur, and actually might have if Rubis wasn't there.

Now they've killed Tikhon (temporarily I imagine), and stolen Q-feuille, who is vulnerable due to her recent memory issues. It's not a far reach to assume that the illusion pair are going to brainwash her. Saphir will no doubt report on Di-air's full capabilities as well.

Ascoeur is turning out to be rather reliable, if only her superiors hadn't allowed her and Q-feuille to walk into this very obvious trap. She is still a bit dumb, but you can't really fix stupid. She's going to have to train up harder and maybe even gain considerable control over her power without Di-air if she is going to rescue Q-feuille and defeat Geacht'er.

Kraco
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Little sisters:

Episode 17 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_17_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5B1A304DAC%5D.mkv.tor rent)

- - - - - - - -- - - - - -

Geacht'er is the biggest siscon in my recent memory. Seriously, that dude seems to have a hobby, or a compulsion, of collecting little sisters. First Letuchaia, then Ascoeur, and now even Q-feuille just because she seemed to be conveniently without memories. If Saphir reported Di-air's special power, he no doubt plans to add her as well into his merry family. No wonder he's starting to gain weird glances from his underlings.

I wonder if Letuchaia can keep her mouth shut, though. Until now she was the only little sister yet now out of the blue she must share the position with a former enemy. No doubt this is only Geacht'er's newest plan to ensnare Ascoeur, but telling Letuchaia it's all to gain yet one more sister wouldn't really help.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if Geacht'er himself was behind Rubis and Saphir's long torture. No better way to gain loyal workers than to rescue them from pain and hopelessness. All the "democracy" people might have been thugs he hired to play the role. If he killed them all during the rescue, nobody would ever reveal the truth to those two.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-13-2010, 10:33 PM
At last, real answers:

[ANBU] Kiddy Girl-and 18 (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Kiddy_Girl-and_-_18_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BA2C2119E%5D.mkv.tor rent)

-----------------------------

RZ's instincts were correct. Trixie and Troiseinne were the 3rd set of clones spawned from the ether in an attempt to save Eclair and Lumiere. I wonder if this had an adverse effect on Eclipse because normally she would reincarnate Eclair and Lumi, but she was remotely cloning them. As such, while creating Quatre-feuille, she succumbed.

However, I still can't imagine someone as powerful as she simply dying. Di-air and Q-feuille are pretty much the same age, so maybe, just maybe, Di-air is Eclipse with diminished abilities, reborn like a phoenix of sorts. I'm clinging pretty desperately now to the idea that she is alive, but I don't want to call her dead without seeing a body.

Given that only the Ascoeur/Dia/Hiver parts of the episode were filled with real content, the middle parts with Letuchaia's futile efforts to play tricks on Q-feuille fell really flat. There was the flash of Geacht'er's eyes showing he would never consider Q-feuille to really be his little sister, but that was about it.