kmkze04
Thu, 02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
HorribleSubs

480p: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=52160

720p: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=52161

kmkze04
Thu, 02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Ummm... yeah...

Another 2 minute episode stretched into 20.

Don't watch unless you don't mind wasting life.

Penner
Thu, 02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I think i'll take your word for it and skip this one, not really that interested in what happens with crystal girl and the camelia boy -.-

Kraco
Thu, 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
No, you shouldn't skip this ep. You will miss Naruto farting.

Archangel
Thu, 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Just watch them since they're (kinda) mixing filler with actual storyline

poopdeville
Thu, 02-26-2009, 03:14 PM

Downloading, on the off chance he's in Gamatatsu's mouth at the time.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-26-2009, 04:09 PM

so he learned another air jutsu?

digitalrurouni
Thu, 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM
I am gonna have to download this for completeness's sake....

Uberbaka
Thu, 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Hah, completeness. Due to the original filler hell pre-shippuden I deleted all my Naruto archives for two reasons. One: I am now somewhat ashamed to be known to watch the series due to the shit it turned into, and two: it's been drawn out and milked so hard for screen time it's just not worth the megabytes anymore. (With the exception of a couple of episodes of win during the Asuma/Shikamaru arc).

Luckily the Manga is still good, and the only reason I watch the anime is to see it animated, even though it gets slightly censored and padded out along the way.

</rant>

Anyone want to do a recap of what actual storyline they've included in this episode for those who chose not to watch it?

Azonalanthious
Thu, 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Ummm... yeah...

Another 2 minute episode stretched into 20.

Don't watch unless you don't mind wasting life.

Eh, I don't know that I can agree with that. Mind you, it wasn't what I would consider a good episode, and the conversation while moving animation and extended explinations certainly came across as trying to stretch things out, but there were no pointless staring contests for flash backs and a fair number of things actually happened.

Uberbaka: a quick summary for you: The got Hinata's crystal away from Guren, then broke off the attack, accidentally cracked the crystal, Pakun arrived to fill them in on what was learned about the crystal technique, the early crack then caused Hinata's crystal to shatter. Hinata survived as she pushed out charkra when the crystal trapped her, which helped shield her. Pakun and the toads left, the group split in two, with Sai and Sakura staying with Hinata while she recovered and the others going after Guren. They intentionally revealed their location to the bats so they could then follow the bats back to the bad guys. Kabuto joined up with Guren, they reached the lake, gave the kiddo more medicine, which summonded what is revealed to be the three tails.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Shino is still badass. Cancer cells was so win :D

Marik
Fri, 02-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah, and being able to control his weight is pretty awesome also.

kmkze04
Fri, 02-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Eh, I don't know that I can agree with that. Mind you, it wasn't what I would consider a good episode, and the conversation while moving animation and extended explinations certainly came across as trying to stretch things out, but there were no pointless staring contests for flash backs and a fair number of things actually happened.

Uberbaka: a quick summary for you: The got Hinata's crystal away from Guren, then broke off the attack, accidentally cracked the crystal, Pakun arrived to fill them in on what was learned about the crystal technique, the early crack then caused Hinata's crystal to shatter. Hinata survived as she pushed out charkra when the crystal trapped her, which helped shield her. Pakun and the toads left, the group split in two, with Sai and Sakura staying with Hinata while she recovered and the others going after Guren. They intentionally revealed their location to the bats so they could then follow the bats back to the bad guys. Kabuto joined up with Guren, they reached the lake, gave the kiddo more medicine, which summonded what is revealed to be the three tails.

Ok I admit it wasn't bulletriddled with staring contests or multiple episode clone wars, but it did feel very stretched out.

Important scenes are pretty much like he said, with a few things that I safely assume most viewers can think of by themselves... like the bat thing, that was pretty obvious to me from the start.
1) Naruto and other team members escape Guren and steal Hinata back via putting her in Gamatatsu's mouth.
2) Hinata's crystal is accidentally cracked and shattered, but *SPOILER* she survives because she shielded herself with chakra.
3) Naruto farts on Kiba and Akamaru (I count this a definite indicator of a bad episode when this is a highlight.)
4) Kabuto arrives and drags Guren, Yukimaru, and the one huge guy out on the lake.
5) Kabuto reveals as Yukimaru is emitting chakra that they are aiming for the three tails (I'm pretty sure that was it, let me know if I got the tails wrong)
6) The after-episode scenes include Shino revealing he can change his weight by his insects, and that he can trick Sakura into thinking he has cancer on a scanning device via his bugs as well.

Side note: Bleach's post-ep scenes destroy Naruto's by a mile, even in filler IMHO.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Hah, I'm glad you guys mentioned the epilogue scene because I forgot to watch it and it was worth seeing.

I didn't think the episode was that bad. In fact, everything before the OP was actually good.

Plus, what can I say, I'm looking forward to the 3-tails.

Kraco
Fri, 02-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Yeah, I didn't consider it a bad episode as such, but I'm goddam tired of the idiocy underlining Naruto goes through continuously. Just compare Naruto to Black Star of Soul Eater. Both are somewhat foolish yet want to become stronger than anybody else. But there aren't names for big enough numbers to tell how many times more cooler Black Star is.

Pandadice
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
aw crap, with the 3 tails just now introduced, i guess the 100th episode will be wasted on filler after all :\

mm.. i don't know why Naruto's farting caught me so off guard, and seemed so out of place. it's been done before so i probably shouldn't have been as surprised as i was.. but still, i feel like that scene managed to ruin any kind of coolness or seriousness that this filler arc had built in my eyes.

whoa, gurens crystal thing is so over-powered O_o. the ability to instantly turn anything she wants into crystals and control them. it makes me wonder what kind of chakra it takes up, and how much chakra capacity she has...

arondruiz
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Terrible episode except for th elast 2 minutes, but at least things will finally start moving next week now that mr 3 tails is out. Looks like the animation is pretty good for next week too

Kraco
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
whoa, gurens crystal thing is so over-powered O_o. the ability to instantly turn anything she wants into crystals and control them. it makes me wonder what kind of chakra it takes up, and how much chakra capacity she has...

Capacity? She created a dome of a kilometer or two, a bunch of clones, other tricks, and with little rest in between now those huge pillars. I think it's pretty safe to say she has infinite chakra capacity. One has to wonder why she keeps licking Oro's boots and hasn't joined Akatsuki already.

Archangel
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
You guys make me laugh so hard when you try to interpret filler with common sense...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Capacity? She created a dome of a kilometer or two, a bunch of clones, other tricks, and with little rest in between now those huge pillars. I think it's pretty safe to say she has infinite chakra capacity. One has to wonder why she keeps licking Oro's boots and hasn't joined Akatsuki already.

If she wanted to, she could crystalize Oro and take him back home. Then, everyday shey'd drape herself over him, caressing her fingers delicately over Oro's preserved, unmoving features...softly whispering.."You are forever mine."

Just say'n, you know.:rolleyes:

mm.. i don't know why Naruto's farting caught me so off guard, and seemed so out of place. it's been done before so i probably shouldn't have been as surprised as i was.. but still, i feel like that scene managed to ruin any kind of coolness or seriousness that this filler arc had built in my eyes.

That move turned out horrible because they were teasing Naruto's ninja rank.

"Hey, we've got a dumbass Genin here who doesn't understand a thing!"
"What? I'm not weak. I can fart."

Makes him real tough.

Archangel
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
If she wanted to, she could crystalize Oro and take him back home. Then, everyday shey'd drape herself over him, caressing her fingers delicately over Oro's preserved, unmoving features...softly whispering.."You are forever mine."

Just say'n, you know.:rolleyes:

I see a fanfiction writer in the making

That move turned out horrible because they were teasing Naruto's ninja rank.

Yeah because it would have been so badass if he just did it spontaneously :p

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah because it would have been so badass if he just did it spontaneously

It would have been cooler, though out of character, if it went something like:

Kiba: "blah blah Genin blah blah"
Naruto dashes in front
Naruto: "You're too noisy."
Naruto farts

Naruto K.O.s Kiba&Akamaru

Azonalanthious
Sat, 02-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Its very powerful, but when you get down to it, other then the trick of converting incoming attacks, its really not that different from Yamato's wood - they both have the ability to create something and they apply that ability to a variety of purposes. And like Yamato, it seems to take a moment or two to create anything of significant size, giving your target time to dodge.

As for chakra, it could simply just be a very efficient technique. There are situations in the real world where introducting a single crystal can trigger a massive crystalization chain reaction. If the technique works on something similar to that, creating things from crystal could require very little charka - controlling them once they exist (like the dragon or the clone) would likely take more, but she didn't do that all that often.

poopdeville
Sat, 02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Naruto was more like "This is what I think of your opinion:" *Fart*

I still haven't seen any of those chuunin fuck up Deidara, or fight Orochimaru, or take out Kakuzu's hearts, or doing anything at all that is even remotely cool. Fuck them.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Naruto Filler = anything at all that is even remotely cool

Does not compute.

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I see a fanfiction writer in the making

:mad: :mad: :mad: