PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 208

Marik
Tue, 02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
[DB] Bleach 208 [191E1D38].avi (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b208.torrent)

Artris
Tue, 02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Interesting episode. So much for the "Gin is a good guy" theory. So I'm guessing Aizen somehow orchestrated the removal of the Vaizards from SS at this point, likely because he saw them as a threat to his goals.

Jessper
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I always assumed that Shinigami aged much slower than this. For example, the way Byakuya talked it always felt like he had learned Bankai over a thousand years ago. Didn't Rukia mention something about being over three hundred years old?

The history of the people that became captains is certainly not what I expected.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Yet another fantastic episode. Too bad they made a time skip so soon at the end of the episode.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
@ 13:13..

Cool. :cool:

It's indeed surprising finding out about the past of the captains. Did not like the time jump at the end. It feels like we're going from something good into something crappy again. It's what this series is good at. :(

digitalrurouni
Tue, 02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Great episode. Yeah the age thing is a bit weird with Shinigami...but oh well...instead of a 110 years perhaps it would have been better if it was like 200 years or so...then it would make a bit more sense what with everyone's age and all...especially Gin since he is so young...and Byakuya.

Nadouku
Tue, 02-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Great episode. Loved the pacing and the little spar that was fought in the Maggot's Lair. Anyway, looks like Aizen and Gin were in league with each other from that long ago, although not surprising, so lets see how Aizen grabs a hold of Tousen.

Marik
Wed, 02-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Yet another fantastic episode. Too bad they made a time skip so soon at the end of the episode.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd slow down some, but it looks like they are speeding up instead. Hopefully they aren't trying to rush towards more fillers. Good episode regardless.

Nintendo
Wed, 02-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Great episode as expected from this arc,waiting for more

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
And here I thought when Kisuke invited Hiyori to the Magget's Next that is was the SS equivalent of Make-out Point.

Awesome episode. So much going on. Mayuri used to be locked up for being a psycho? Yes please!

And the age thing is just really inconsistant is the problem. You have Byakua, you looks like 10 years younger than he does now. And then you have Hiyori, who doesn't look like she's aged a day...

so lets see how Aizen grabs a hold of Tousen.Pfft, I've already figured out how he grabs Tousen.

SS is ruled by a Spirit King that never does anything. He's the most powerful in SS and he takes the most powerful Soul Reapers as his personal guard but all he does is sit in his own little pocket dimension.

So obviously, one day someone important to Tousen dies. We can tell this from his flashbacks he had during his fight with Kenpachi. He probably had one of those reaction that some people have of "How could God allow this to happen?" Only in this case, God is the Spirit King. Tousen starts to see the Spirit King as abusing his power by doing nothing with it.

Then one day Aizen comes to him and says "Hey, I got this 100 year plan to overthrow the Spirit King. You want in?"

Penner
Wed, 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
im seriously liking these back-in-time eps, all the new stuff on the characters past is awesome :D

Kraco
Wed, 02-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Interesting stuff indeed. Gin was without morals to begin with, though he does have a past with Matsumoto, nonetheless, and that past seemed to have nothing to do with Aizen's plans, unless they had a role planned, but Matsumoto was deemed unfit.

Mayuri rotting in the cave of misfits was a fine detail. A good career in any case: From a felon to a captain.

Nadouku
Wed, 02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Pfft, I've already figured out how he grabs Tousen.

SS is ruled by a Spirit King that never does anything. He's the most powerful in SS and he takes the most powerful Soul Reapers as his personal guard but all he does is sit in his own little pocket dimension.

So obviously, one day someone important to Tousen dies. We can tell this from his flashbacks he had during his fight with Kenpachi. He probably had one of those reaction that some people have of "How could God allow this to happen?" Only in this case, God is the Spirit King. Tousen starts to see the Spirit King as abusing his power by doing nothing with it.

Then one day Aizen comes to him and says "Hey, I got this 100 year plan to overthrow the Spirit King. You want in?"

That's quite a nice theory. It actually makes sense in context. Tousen does strike to me as the kind of guy that would do anything to get revenge for his fallen friend, even if it was to destroy Soul Society and kill the Spirit King with his own hands. Justice seems to be a broad definition for him, I suppose.

Dansetsu
Thu, 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
And here I thought when Kisuke invited Hiyori to the Magget's Next that is was the SS equivalent of Make-out Point.

Awesome episode. So much going on. Mayuri used to be locked up for being a psycho? Yes please!

And the age thing is just really inconsistant is the problem. You have Byakua, you looks like 10 years younger than he does now. And then you have Hiyori, who doesn't look like she's aged a day...

You think Byakuya looks like he's in his 20's now? Is that what you're saying? I think they drew him much older. I think he looks like he's at least 30.

Nice theory. I can accept that. But the only flaw is how did Aizen find out Tousen was emotionally ripe for the plucking when a friend or whoever died?

Kraco
Fri, 02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Knowing Aizen, he might have made sure Tousen is emotionally ripe with a few chosen words when they mattered the most. The man is the master manipulator of this series and Tousen looked like a zealot. For a manipulator nothing is easier than controlling a zealot.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Also, Aizen apparently stands around invisible watching people for funsies.

Artris
Fri, 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I always thought that, perhaps, Touzen didn't start blind. After all, doesn't Aizen need a persons sight in order to manipulate them with his ability, and doesn't a person need sight in order to break that manipulation? I figured he bound Touzen to this course, then blinded him somehow before he joined SS.

Though I like Darth Enders theory much more. His actually makes sense.

Wouldn't it be ironic if in the end Aizen is the good guy, just taking the "the ends justify the means" approach.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I fully expect that to be the case.

Because the Royal Guard is being set up like the Squad Captains and the Espada were in their respective arcs. Which means at some point all the main characters are gonna be fighting them. Which means they're probably dicks.

Abdula
Fri, 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if in the end Aizen is the good guy, just taking the "the ends justify the means" approach.
Yeah thats Tousen's position. Tousen believes that he is an instrument of justice thus any path he takes is the path to true justice. As ironic as it sounds Tousen is a really strait laced character and I doubt Aizen had to manipulate him at all to get him to join the cause. Aizen wants to be god, Gin is going to be the right hand of God and Tousen is going to be the left hand of justice.

digitalrurouni
Sat, 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Wow that is an interesting theory indeed about Aizen...never looked at it that way. Still it was mighty ruthless of him to attempt to kill Hinamori and Toushirou like that though....