PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Ep. 20

Illrenmazou
Sun, 02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
[gSS]​_Gundam​_00​_S2​_-​_20​_[2B6B791E].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_20_%5B2B6B791E%5D.mkv.torrent)

Innovator - 0
Haro - 1

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
At first I was a little disappointed that Anew wasn't a puppet, but as a true mole I've got to give her a little respect. Too bad Ribbons is such an asshole.

Awesome fights though.

I'm not really going to try and figure out how it does what it does, but the Regnant is really badass. It's a suit that can actually compete with or even overwhelm the Seravee.

Haros being the ultimate weapon indeed.

Kraco
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, it was clear already in the last ep Anew was a real mole, so that wasn't as such a surprise. Her moleness was actually made more realistic (though that's a word that shouldn't be used carelessly when talking about Gundam series) by the fact how attached she got to the CB. The real history is surely full of spies and infiltrators that went through agony because they really fell in love only to be ultimately forced to betray one side or the other. Seeing how these innovators are so miserably remote controlled by Ribbons, Anew's agony was probably twice as bad as she couldn't even make the choice by herself.

Speaking of Ribbons, I still don't understand why CB doesn't go and nuke his palace. Considering the strict hierarchy of innovators, killing Ribbons should be a blow even though no. 2 would eventually replace him. Moreover, Ribbons possibly cannot have any fancy position in the society, if the innovators so far try to maintain some sort of a facade of democracy. Meaning, for the world at large assassinating Ribbons would be nothing but one isolated incident of terrorism.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I think Kraco if that were to happen then there would be no story haha. It sort of like LoTR. Why did they have to walk? Just take the ring, get one of those flying eagles fly over to the mountain of doom or whatever and drop it in there!

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Anew's conflicting emotions were pretty well used. I loved when she totally turned the tables on New Lockon after he immobilized her with some of the most badass mobile suit antics of the new season.

Ribbons was fucking bomber. He could have totally mind-raped Louise into following along with him (or could he???) and it was awesome when he totally interrupted Anew and Lockon's little reunion. but the fact that the poor bastard has had to come up to space himself doesn't bode well.

I also, for the first time since Regene first confronted Tieria, found myself liking an Innovator not named Ribbons Almark. Hilling was so totally irreverant and smarmily nasty throughout the episode that it led me to dub her/him "even more androgynous Auel Nieder"

New Lockon was pretty decent also. I could even relate to him up until the post ED angst-rage where he decided it'd be a good idea to pummel Setsuna for saving his ass. (that shit was totally lame).

Action was decent, but, wait, did they totally forget to show how Allelujah (who sucked again this episode), Tieria and Soma got out of being tentacle raped?? That shit was weak. What does not fucking killing the Gundams off have to do with capturing the 00? That was all stupid.

And, digital really said it. There's no way they could just snipe the major bad guy like that. He has to go down in a mobile suit battle, or at least a sword fight. CB would be smart to actually launch an offensive every now and then against the Innovators, but I don't think they knew where their palace was, and now that Ribbons is up in space, it'll mean going through everything ALAWs has.

Naruto_RNG
Sun, 02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
There was no way to save Anew?

Are u telling me with all the technological advancement CB has in their reach they couldn't save Anew? Now come on if they can pull off things 00 can do then I'm 100% sure they could easily explain how they saved Anew from Ribbons mind control. The eps was alright, I am one of those ppl who are wondering why setsuna couldn't aim at wut was coming to lyle(the sword) then shooting it for kill. It didn't seem like he was far anyway. Loved the ending wish there was some kick involved too lol. Its pretty funny how setsuna was claiming him and 00 are not tools for murder just the other eps and in this eps he goes for the kill even telling Lyle that he will lol oh the irony.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah and on top of it Setsuna was involved with the terrorist group that took away Lyle's family..so I guess that face pounding was not that much out of line. I really dislike Ribbons...it seems he has just become quite arrogant and all his power has gone to his head even to the point where there is one innovator who already turned kind of against him...Tieria's clone...maybe there will be others who follow suit? I still want to know what the deal was with Wang Liu Mei and the Trinity sister...

TheBladeChild
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Are u telling me with all the technological advancement CB has in their reach they couldn't save Anew? Now come on if they can pull off things 00 can do then I'm 100% sure they could easily explain how they saved Anew from Ribbons mind control. The eps was alright, I am one of those ppl who are wondering why setsuna couldn't aim at wut was coming to lyle(the sword) then shooting it for kill. It didn't seem like he was far anyway. Loved the ending wish there was some kick involved too lol. Its pretty funny how setsuna was claiming him and 00 are not tools for murder just the other eps and in this eps he goes for the kill even telling Lyle that he will lol oh the irony.

Setsuna doesnt have the hacks that Kira and Asuran has.

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-22-2009, 09:54 PM

if a guy is going to try to save your life, can you really complain with how he goes about doing it? He even gave New Lockon fair warning, "if you can't handle it, I'll do it my way". And what does New Lockon do? He fails to completely disarm his enemy's mech before turning on the "there's still some good in you! I feel it!" speech, leaving himself completely defenseless.

also, while Lockon is trying to get his girl back, Tieria, Soma and Allelujah all could have used his backup. One of the silliest parts of this episode was how the Innovators failed to destroy any of those three after they'd been immobilized.

finally, i'm pretty sure being inside a cockpit when the mobile suit explodes isn't something you can be "saved" from... unless you're in the SEED universe...

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Sure, but its something they completely ignore having since season 1. Soma's brainwave blocker. But since it's COOL too have quantum brainwaves now, they forget that the technology exists.

Not that Lyle had any time to really do anything about it if he really wanted to. You'd have to pretty much kill Anew anyway to swap helmets. Apparently, explosive decompression does exist here.

On the positive side, now that Anew is dead, there really isn't any way that the Innovators can track the Ptolemy. This is the end of random, "We found you!" Innovator lines non-stop. CB can now go back to hit-and-run tactics, which has always worked for them very well. Especially now that Kati has gone AWOL. All the other ALAWS commanders have shown themselves to be woefully incompetent against Sumeragi.

Kraco
Mon, 02-23-2009, 02:04 AM

if a guy is going to try to save your life, can you really complain with how he goes about doing it?

In addition to what Masa said, it's good to remember people have an unfortunate tendency to die in wars. Occasional deaths every now and then are extremely good for both the realism and for the story. A war where nobody dies doesn't even look like one, so it would be meaningless to call it such.

Tobydelaroka
Mon, 02-23-2009, 08:07 AM
I must not cry... T__T
Anew died,
What will happen to Louise? that fucker Ribbons can control her too. *sighs*

P/S: WTF with the OP?? sound so gay.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I so think it was gg's idea. They've done some pretty gay-sounding OP singing before (or was it menclave?), but this is the first time it's been inserted in place of the actual song. They drew all over it too.

Paulyboy
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I didn't like the OP as well, the 1st season's 1st and 2nd op was pretty good. It seems like the next episode might be Setsuna becoming an innovator?

Yukimura
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
The Haro victory was epic lulz. Why Revive didn't just shoot the Haro with the machine gun is beyond realistic logic. New Lockon's mobile suit ballet was also quite cool but I found the rest of the ep pretty sub-standard at times. Trans-Am 00-Raiser doesn't even need to be shown fighting anymore? It apparently destroyed yet another Gadessa and Garazzo (how many of those things do they have anyway) and managed to drive off Regent but instead of seeing it we see naked Lockon and Anew declare their love one last time. Now I liked the New Lockon and Anew final meeting but I would have preferred to see the Inno's decide to run after 00 launched rather than have it implied that they got trashed off screen and know that we were jipped out of seeing it.

Anyway, with the 'tracking device' gone but two pretty f'd up Gundams I predict either a time skip or a CB mission to resupply where they will somehow run into a 'miraculously' alive Wang Liu Mei.

fireheart
Mon, 02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
No speculations about the data that they took from CB? The most logical thing to steal considering how Ribbons got the hots for 00 would be the tech concerning 00 if they stole anything else then I got no idea.

And how utterly useless Arios/Allelujah been since well the start really, don't think I can remember it doing anything worthwhile other than take out a few grunts, get it's as kicked over and over again. Sometimes I wonder if he's incapable of saying anything other than Marie.

Naruto_RNG
Mon, 02-23-2009, 07:30 PM
In addition to what Masa said, it's good to remember people have an unfortunate tendency to die in wars. Occasional deaths every now and then are extremely good for both the realism and for the story. A war where nobody dies doesn't even look like one, so it would be meaningless to call it such.

I completely agree, but why is it always the other side. The death ratio for CB VS. The other side is 1 to 1000000. I'm sorry but realism does not apply here. If it was real CB would be long gone by now.

You don't need Kira skills with 00 gundam. As someone has mentioned before, he took out two innov, freed the rest and give chase to the fleeing enemy. Now I don't know How this actually happened since I think it beyond 00 even with its hex powers, but if he had that much time on his hand I think he could have aimed the sword that was coming at Lyle instead of the body.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Lockon tried to convince Anew and failed. Setsuna killed her.

Setsuna isn't Lockon, either of them. So what if he disarmed her? Being controlled by Ribbons means she'll probably go for a crash-course into the flagship anyway. She's gone.

One thing that popped up this episode was that Anew was supposedly swayed by her emotions because she was made into a female. So...what's Tieria?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM
That was actually a very sexist comment, one I did not expect from a show that allowed female commanders and pilots to go into battle as if it is the norm.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:58 PM
That was actually a very sexist comment, one I did not expect from a show that allowed female commanders and pilots to go into battle as if it is the norm.

Now that you mention it, it can be taken quite offensively. The way I read it initially though was that she's made a female, meaning she's more "human" than the superior, androgynous innovators, which hinders her from making a logical choice.