PDA

View Full Version : Slayers Evolution R

meller
Sat, 02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Someone is actually providing english subs for Slayers Evolution R:

Slayers Evolution R Ep 1 - 4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=50457)
Slayers Evolution R Ep 5 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=50419)

some remarks after watching Ep 1 - 2:
The subs, notwithstanding the fact having sometimes a spelling mistake, are ok.
I wonder how long Lina will require to figure out who the new companion really is :) .

Cheers,

Death BOO Z
Sun, 02-22-2009, 01:55 AM
what the hell is slayer evolution R?
and how is that different than slayer revolution?

Dark Dragon
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Every Slayers season consist of 26 episodes and this one is no different.

Slayer Revolution and Evolution R are from the same season, just split into 2 to divide the story line. It's also borrow the original series naming sense with each episode name starting alphabetically from A-Z. So this is pretty much the continuation of last season storyline.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I have no idea why, but I'm downloading it...

as if revolution wasn't horrible enough to wipe any fond memories I might have had from the series.

Kraco
Tue, 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I watched the first three eps, and so far it's indeed following exactly the same path as the first series: They introduced something potentially interesting in the beginning and then proceeded to show anything but what would be relevant to the plot... Well, it's not like I'd have expected anything else.

Nevertheless, I'll keep watching. At least Zel is getting some dubious character development. Though I don't know whether I should really rejoice because of that... It's dubious, after all.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
after watching episode 5... Not that I didn't chuckle (although I think spilling the beans on Naga was a bit too much) during those episodes (#4 was plain slayers humor crazy, and so was #2), but seriously, it had around 10 minutes of content, and it's still basing itself on the most boring villain of Revolution.

(oh, so he's an assassin, whoope duupee do!, call me when you've got a better reason to fight other than "I've trained my entire life to fight you!, even if it implies that I started training only after hearing about you, which makes it 10 years top of training, and I'm somehow supposed to match 5 people who fought several demon lords", jeesh, I thought he at least had a valid reason to fight)

meller
Wed, 03-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Epsiodes 6 and 7 hace also been subbed:

EP 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=51745)
EP 07 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=52744)

If one has not too high exspectations from the series, then episodes are quite ok - similar to a light snack one eats before sleeping.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
watched episode 8 & 9.

well, at least they tried making Zuuma into a reasonable villian, even if he turned out a complete disappointment (one more minute of plot and they could have established a decent motive for him... such a shame) and was discarded as if the writers (who are akin to a rabies infected pack of monkeys, I'm sure) realized he wasn't making any damn sense.

episode 9, of course, was a complete bunch of Slayers comedy, it's fun for a while, but it makes you feel dirty afterward.
Really, it's the fourth season (fifth, even), they can't be that dumb. and I know it's been a long time since Slayers, but I can't believe everyone (Lina and Zelgadis, mostly) have forgotten what a jerk Rezo was, and how he actually brought upon the destruction of the world (twice!).

also, every time they speak about a 'new type of magic', I think back to the third season, when they found that jar (again, jar) between those two rivaling cities that was used to cast dark-white union magic. and every time it turns out to be a build up to a not-so-funny joke.

more than that, Pokota and Ozel (as well as anyone who isn't Lina, and Lina herself) are characterless, I'm not expecting ground breaking depth, just that they'll have a personality, and act according to it.