PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 436

Rikudo
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Is this really the Rinnegan master aka Nagato? You can see Konan standing on his left side.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7u9gMhrSm6Y/SZwJRFZjdHI/AAAAAAAAA_k/yTbTuaIRGAk/s1600-h/pein+3.jpg

Tyreal
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:54 AM
It could be. If it is him though he looks very frail and sickly (which might explain why Madara can control him, i.e. Madara knows where Pains real body is and that it is more or less defenseless against a semi capable ninja).

Rikudo
Thu, 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Unconfirmed translation:

Inoichi thinks there is a high possibility that Pain is on some high mountain in Konoha.
(because it would make the chakra transfer easier)
Then it's all conversation between Naruto and Tendou.

Pain wishes for peace and justice.
Naruto wishes for peace and justice.
Both have the same target but different means to achieve it.

Finally, the real body Nagato is shown.
Following is the spoiler writer's opinion:
He looks like a skinny Orochimaru, sitting on some four-legged, wheelchair-like thing.
There are a lot of black rods piercing out from his back and his body has a lot of holes/pits.
Konan: Nagato had used up too much chakra.
Nagato, with his mouth bleeding: Peace will arrive soon.

and another pic of cyborg Nagato,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7u9gMhrSm6Y/SZ2DkX0AWNI/AAAAAAAABAs/6VIzG-L73kY/s1600-h/436.jpg

Marik
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:50 AM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?dzz2gtm0nym) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/274v5h) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/436/01)

darkmetal505
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Bad guys always have to be frail and ill.

Raven
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:25 AM
It's an interesting concept - both of them have the same goal but are trying to achieve it in different ways.
I wonder about this weapon he speaks of. Or was he just referring to the fact that having all the tailed beasts at your disposal is a weapon in itself?

Marik
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Or was he just referring to the fact that having all the tailed beasts at your disposal is a weapon in itself?

That's how it sounded to me.

Pandadice
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:51 AM
his plan reminds me of the way that the dude was gonna create a utopia in the second Naruto movie.

i guess with them revealing the real pain, that means we can expect shikamaru and those other guys to go attack him, and probably kill him. i wonder what will happen to akatsuki and the whole plan and everything after that's done..

Tobydelaroka
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:21 AM
I was hoping Shikamaru vs Konan on the next chapter... :(

Tyreal
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:24 AM
I was hoping Shikamaru vs Konan on the next chapter... :(

Shikamaru still has a broken leg. So I doubt we will be seeing much combat from him.

Tobydelaroka
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Shikamaru always get the girls. *sadface*

Kensee
Fri, 02-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Well this went against what I thought, that being Pein/Pain real form being some super powered up ninja. It seems like his body is frail, but he gots kick ass control of his chakara and has plenty of it.

I think he's planning to use all the beast and combine them into one ultimate weapon. Or maybe hes gonna absorb all the beast and use the combination as a new body for him? ala oro from the good old days haha.

Oh well, interesting development. It would be interesting if the leaf village ended up raiding the tower, fighting Konan and killing pein.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-20-2009, 05:05 AM
He was talking about a cycle of war and short periods of peace. It can't be a new body if he mentioned that it will be "used" by people when they forget the fear, unless he is willing to become a tool or object that can be manipulated by whoever possesses his body.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-20-2009, 07:05 AM
can one of the bad guys not be so dead and feminine looking?
the yahiko payne body looked perfect for the job, why go and ruin it?

well, at least his plan is half decent, talking about short periods of peace between people bombing each other with chackra nukes (You can say that in the month or two after nuking Japan, the world was at a state of 'let's try not to fight anymore'), it makes more sense than believing having a mega-weapon will make people understand (I'm looking at you, Oppenheimer and Nobel).

still, I'm pretty pissed that they ruined Payne's image.

edit: my guess is that Payne's nuke is the same attack that got the village, only by using the demons chackra, it'll get much bigger. so he creates a body out of the tailed beast and puts an antenna in him, then he's able to use his chackra for the repel blast.

Patriot
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Yeah, its sort of a let down. Unless the frail looking body is just a kind of metamorphasis. When he's giving out his Charka kind of like Choji at high levels he loses weight. But then after the recievers (or the opposite) are removed he looks normal. I hope that is the case and he is kickass fighter. But i was right about the tower thing and how they would figure it out. Would have been nicer to be wrong at this point tho.

Honoko
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:23 AM
"He starts monologuing! He starts, like, this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him. How inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his, yadda-yadda-yadda...Yammerin'! I mean, the guy has me on a platter, and he won't shut up!"

That's what I was thinking while reading this chapter.

animus
Fri, 02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
The last 2 pages were the only pages that mattered. The first 15 or so pages were completely fodder and useless.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 02-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, its sort of a let down. Unless the frail looking body is just a kind of metamorphasis. When he's giving out his Charka kind of like Choji at high levels he loses weight. But then after the recievers (or the opposite) are removed he looks normal. I hope that is the case and he is kickass fighter. But i was right about the tower thing and how they would figure it out. Would have been nicer to be wrong at this point tho.

so being able to decimate the entire village of konoha while you sit safely on a mountaintop is a letdown? If he was another token badass villain he'd be strong himself... which I hope he isn't. I've had about enough of Pain, and I think Kishi has too from the way this is heading.

Abdula
Fri, 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
The last 2 pages were the only pages that mattered. The first 15 or so pages were completely fodder and useless.
I completely agree. Its really nice to know Kishi will never change though, his idea of suspense is quite hysterical and he makes it seriously hard to believe that Konoha's ninjas can do anything. First there was Sakura simply knocking out a summon that a bunch of other nameless ninjas couldn't do anything against, Konohamaru taking out a Pain body when so many others couldn't and then with all the other clues they have, the village has to be destroyed and countless people killed just so Shikamaru can use the line "bring the corpses" for them to put it all together, unbelievable.

still, I'm pretty pissed that they ruined Payne's image
Not ruined per se just balanced. Its both a good thing and a bad thing but it is what Kishimoto does, just look at Itachi.

I wonder about this weapon he speaks of. Or was he just referring to the fact that having all the tailed beasts at your disposal is a weapon in itself?
I really don't know or care that much really because we know it'll probably never get to that point but this isn't the first time they have mentioned some ultimate technique/weapon. If memory serves, we've heard Madara talk about "the machine" which is why he needs the bijuu, most importantly the Kyuubi along with Sasuke's sharingan and when Jiraiya first mentioned the key Minato left for Naruto, he also mentioned "that jutsu" something Minato left behind for Naruto to complete and to do so he would need full control of the Kyuubi's power. It could all be the same thing, who knows...

Assertn
Fri, 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Abdula, I don't say this to you often enough, but shut the fuck up. Seriously. I lost a lot of steam on the Naruto series too, but I keep up for the sake of curiosity, not so I can act like a smug bitch on the forums.

Yes you said every week for the past 10 weeks that Kishi isn't a great writer. Thanks for reminding me.

That being said, I think this chapter actually fulfilled its purpose pretty well. Its goal was clearly to force the readers to sympathize with this antagonist that, for the past half year, we've been trained to hate. It shows how little we really know about the perspectives of others, and how good vs evil is a fallacy in a world where confrontation runs rampant. Everyone has a reason for what they do, and who's to say that their reason is more valid?

Ending the chapter with Nagato all frail and vulnerable further drives this point home, imo. Of course, most narutards just want to see villains with huge bulging muscles that can projectile balls of energy and destroy mountains with their glare.

Abdula
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Did I miss something? I really have no idea where all this animosity is coming from, you guys are really angry people aren't you? I guess we'll always be on different pages but it really is a wonder why you guys always assume you know my intentions when its quite obvious you don't:confused:

Btw all though I'm quite sure you interpreted that first paragraph as me berating Kishimoto again, it really isn't what I was doing. I was just disappointed with Konoha's ninjas as I'm sure you were.

Everyone has a reason for what they do, and who's to say that their reason is more valid?

but I keep up for the sake of curiosity, not so I can act like a smug bitch on the forums.
You apparently, even though it is not at all my reason for being here.

Sidnne
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
you guys are really angry people aren't you?

Oh, the irony.

Btw all though I'm quite sure you interpreted that first paragraph as me berating Kishimoto again, it really isn't what I was doing. I was just disappointed with Konoha's ninjas as I'm sure you were.

It doesn't matter what you were bitching about. The point is that you're ALWAYS bitching about SOMETHING. You can try to sweeten it up by saying berating and being disappointed if you want to, but the bottom line is you're still just bitching.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Through most of that Pain speech I kept thinking back to Schneizel in Code Geass but I'm glad to see this plan was at least slightly different in that Pain expects the peace created at the end of his giant stick to only last for a little while. It still reeks of 'crazy well intentioned extremist plan X' but then again there's only so many ways to blow up the earth or create an ideal world.

@off topic and beaten to death Abdula issue: It should be well established what kind of posts Abdula makes. If you're like me and you don't care for his way of posting I would recommend just ignoring anything he posts. Whenever acknowledged or engaged over his whiny behavior he only whines more. I feel this runs counter to the goal of minimizing the amount of whining going on. We can't get rid of people who like to whine but we don't have to acknowledge them and give them more to whine about.

Dansetsu
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Abdula, I don't say this to you often enough, but shut the fuck up. Seriously. I lost a lot of steam on the Naruto series too, but I keep up for the sake of curiosity, not so I can act like a smug bitch on the forums.

Yes you said every week for the past 10 weeks that Kishi isn't a great writer. Thanks for reminding me.

That being said, I think this chapter actually fulfilled its purpose pretty well. Its goal was clearly to force the readers to sympathize with this antagonist that, for the past half year, we've been trained to hate. It shows how little we really know about the perspectives of others, and how good vs evil is a fallacy in a world where confrontation runs rampant. Everyone has a reason for what they do, and who's to say that their reason is more valid?

Ending the chapter with Nagato all frail and vulnerable further drives this point home, imo. Of course, most narutards just want to see villains with huge bulging muscles that can projectile balls of energy and destroy mountains with their glare. Wow. You know that when AssertN blows his top, there is something that is wrong lol. I'm not even going to begin to take sides in this one. On the flip side, I'm glad we finally got to see thr true real original Nagato/Pain. It made me feel like watching the scene in wizard of Oz where they pull back the curtain on the mayor to reveal who it really is behind it all. It was nice. Doesn't anyone have any theory btw on why he's in a thing that has those legs? The obvious theory would be that he needs them to move around but I was thinking that they were for show. It seems like he needs all of those rods and then a king thicker rod as the main one to transmit the chakra properly. Seems like he has too many rods spouting from the back of his neck to just control the main pain and then 6 others. Unless they're used for each move they do as well. I like how he's a little on the thing side because evil bosses who are really controlling it all seem to always be frail or weak. It was scary that he really was skin and bones though. That was kind of creepy.

Abdula
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Doesn't anyone have any theory btw on why he's in a thing that has those legs? The obvious theory would be that he needs them to move around but I was thinking that they were for show.
I'll go with that he seems too frail to actually support himself.

It was scary that he really was skin and bones though. That was kind of creepy.
Reminiscent of Lex Luther in Smallville.

@ Below:
Or...perhaps it perpetuates the very point that Kishimoto was trying to make -- both you and I, Abdula, have our own subjective stance on an objective situation.
Quite;)

Assertn
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Ha well, ok...if I ignore your writing style, which, as usual, reeks of smug bitchness, I can read your post without it seeming like an obligatory jab at a dead horse.

That aside, I'll give you credit for wittily taking my on-topic contribution out of context against my off-topic contribution. Or...perhaps it perpetuates the very point that Kishimoto was trying to make -- both you and I, Abdula, have our own subjective stance on an objective situation.

Y
Fri, 02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Aside from Pain's "weapon" being too obvious an analogue for mutually assured destruction via nuclear warfare I thought this was a pretty good chapter, since Pain finally got a motivation besides making horrible puns about his name. This is certainly better than Naruto shooting a bunch of Hadokens around fighting a bunch of Nagato's faceless and personalityless goon bodies.

FireEmblem
Fri, 02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
It was a good chapter. Naruto didn't answer Pains question with "shounen heart" which was surprising. Something about the "I just don't know.." was pretty cool. It does show that Naruto has finally been forced to do a little thinking that could be considered "outside of the box" for him.

Dansetsu
Fri, 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Aside from Pain's "weapon" being too obvious an analogue for mutually assured destruction via nuclear warfare I thought this was a pretty good chapter, since Pain finally got a motivation besides making horrible puns about his name. This is certainly better than Naruto shooting a bunch of Hadokens around fighting a bunch of Nagato's faceless and personalityless goon bodies. I think it's pretty obvious as well that it's a short of a narutoverse version of a nuke, but I just think it's simply the ability to use any demon's power on anyone they want. So basically a nuke.

Also, am I the only one wondering how pain will defend himself when Ino's dad leads a Konoha style hammer down on him? Konan will get owned if shes the only one there right now, or if shes the only one who knows where he really is. I also think that this would be a good old Naruto school style surprise and bring Jiraiya back as a new Pain body to defend himself, and it would be something that would be a nice surprise and plot twist. Anyone, anyone?

And I'm going to make a small crazy prediction: I actually think that he has a strong body in the chamber on the bottom half of his body, in the wheel chair thing. Almost like an emergency body for when he's found out.

kaigan
Fri, 02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
having all the tail beast chakra, he would fuse it with his body to make him able to walk again. also it makes him all muscular.

poopdeville
Fri, 02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Also, am I the only one wondering how pain will defend himself when Ino's dad leads a Konoha style hammer down on him? Konan will get owned if shes the only one there right now, or if shes the only one who knows where he really is. I also think that this would be a good old Naruto school style surprise and bring Jiraiya back as a new Pain body to defend himself, and it would be something that would be a nice surprise and plot twist. Anyone, anyone?

And I'm going to make a small crazy prediction: I actually think that he has a strong body in the chamber on the bottom half of his body, in the wheel chair thing. Almost like an emergency body for when he's found out.

I mean, yeah. We've talked about the possibility/epicness of Jiraiya showing up as a body before. If it was going to happen, now would be the time. But revealing that to someone like Ino's dad and company seems wasted. If it happens now, I want a plot twist. Sakura dying would do nicely.

It would be bad if Pein learned how to use natural energy from Jiraiya's body. Most of his bodies do nothing but stand around perfectly still anyway.

Idealistic
Fri, 02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Rinnegan has to be the dumbest eye bloodline ever. Sorry.

I'm calling it now. Naruto is going to change Nagato's view with his words of friendship and sorrow. But since Nagato looks sick, he'll die at the end realizing he was wrong.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Rinnegan has to be the dumbest eye bloodline ever. Sorry.

I'm calling it now. Naruto is going to change Nagato's view with his words of friendship and sorrow. But since Nagato looks sick, he'll die at the end realizing he was wrong.

Payne: "The world is doomed, there's no hope for anything but wars, we can't change a thing"

Naruto: 'Yes, We can!"

Payne: "oh, you're right" *dies*

we aren't even positive whether the rinngan is what allows him the body share, it might be some crazy science jutsu, and the rinngan is something entirely different.

Also, I don't think Konoha right now has anyone strong enough to fight and beat Qunan. she's still an akatsuki member, so she's definitely a jounin level (heck, more likely Hokage level). and without Kakashi, Tsunade (down with no chackra) and any other main character, the village doesn't stand a chance. at least I hope so.

Sidnne
Fri, 02-20-2009, 07:12 PM
It was a good chapter. Naruto didn't answer Pains question with "shounen heart" which was surprising. Something about the "I just don't know.." was pretty cool. It does show that Naruto has finally been forced to do a little thinking that could be considered "outside of the box" for him.

Yeah, that was one thing that got me in this chapter as well.
When Pein said "let's hear your answer", I was ready for a big Naruto speech about how dreams come true and of course ending with "that's my way of the ninja!"

I was a little caught off-guard when he said "I don't know." And I liked it.

The flashback with Jiraiya, where Naruto promised to "break the hatred", made me think that the two of them had philosophized about it and that Naruto would have a powerful answer for Pein. "I don't know" was powerful, but not in the way I was expecting.

digitalrurouni
Fri, 02-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Hmm its not going to be over after Naruto vs Pain is it...Tobi is still there and his mysterious powers...Sasuke is still there...not a bad chapter this...looking forward to the next ones :)

Assertn
Fri, 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that was one thing that got me in this chapter as well.
When Pein said "let's hear your answer", I was ready for a big Naruto speech about how dreams come true and of course ending with "that's my way of the ninja!"

I was a little caught off-guard when he said "I don't know." And I liked it.

The flashback with Jiraiya, where Naruto promised to "break the hatred", made me think that the two of them had philosophized about it and that Naruto would have a powerful answer for Pein. "I don't know" was powerful, but not in the way I was expecting.
Of course none of that matters because that's not part of the last two chapters...which apparently are all that's worth reading this week.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 02-20-2009, 08:54 PM
good chapter. Would of liked it if they talked about some other stuff as well then keep talking about war and hate.
I'm gonna make a wild crazy prediction: Since we seen mountains being cut with FRS Naruto will use the his last FRS to cut the mountain pain(however u spell his name) is on, which does not hit them and they escape. Don't ask me how just throwing it out there.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:04 PM
That "I don't know" answer really was out of the woodwork but so damned fitting. The promise Naruto made to Jiraiya was that of a child who doesn't really know what's being asked of him. On Jiraiya's part, the promise he had Naruto make was one he wasn't really expecting Naruto to either understand or fulfill. It was, at the time, simply a cute moment between the two. Kind of like a dad painting a rosy picture of something horrible so as to not worry/confound his son. With Jiraiya deciding moments before his death that Naruto was the destined child, and Naruto being lectured on what peace is and how to get it, he'll be forced to recall the promise, and actually ponder on what peace means to him, and how to get it.

Even with everything that's not so great about the manga, I think I'm starting to gain respect for how the story's told. Without using first person narrative, we're seeing the naruto world through the eyes of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. As the questions the situations they have to deal with become more complicated, the questions they have to answer become more difficult, the line between right and wrong becomes blurred, and the world matures. Notice that it's never a character like Kakashi or Jiraiya answering the questions or dealing with the situations. They're purpose has mostly been to keep track of the young ones. So basically, the young ones develop the world for us, and the mentors of the young ones speak to us about their development. That's not half bad.

Archangel
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Payne: "The world is doomed, there's no hope for anything but wars, we can't change a thing"

Naruto: 'Yes, We can!"

Payne: "oh, you're right" *dies*

we aren't even positive whether the rinngan is what allows him the body share, it might be some crazy science jutsu, and the rinngan is something entirely different.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/Baqula/narutobama.jpg

And the first ninja who possessed the rinnegan was known as the sage of the six paths so Pain's six bodies probably come from the rinnegan

Tyreal
Fri, 02-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Also, I don't think Konoha right now has anyone strong enough to fight and beat Qunan. she's still an akatsuki member, so she's definitely a jounin level (heck, more likely Hokage level). and without Kakashi, Tsunade (down with no chackra) and any other main character, the village doesn't stand a chance. at least I hope so.

What about Guy's team? They would at least be able to hold out against her for a while. Possibly even kill her if Guy or Rock Lee opens up the final gate. If someone like Guy (who states he is Kakashi's rival) dies in order to defat Qunan then I think I would be satisfied with that.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 02-20-2009, 11:51 PM

It was my favourite line too, shows that despite his power and being a central character, he's still a kid, not some unflawed all knowing main hero.

FireEmblem
Sat, 02-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Even with everything that's not so great about the manga, I think I'm starting to gain respect for how the story's told. Without using first person narrative, we're seeing the naruto world through the eyes of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. As the questions the situations they have to deal with become more complicated, the questions they have to answer become more difficult, the line between right and wrong becomes blurred, and the world matures. Notice that it's never a character like Kakashi or Jiraiya answering the questions or dealing with the situations. They're purpose has mostly been to keep track of the young ones. So basically, the young ones develop the world for us, and the mentors of the young ones speak to us about their development. That's not half bad.

I'm glad someone else came out with this.

I was thinking about what the whole story of this manga was, and why it seemed very convoluted at times. I realized that it was because in reality, the main characters in the story really DON'T know anything! Like you said, it's never Kakashi or Jiraiya really answering the tough questions. The Genin 12 which I still feel are the characters that the story revolves around, have basically lived in the sheltered image of "Konoha" and may or may not come to see that image start to fade into what the reality of things is. That's what I look forward to the most in this series.

In a sense Konoha would represent a modern-day World Power. The people of Konoha want to do good and want to be good, but in the world, not everyone can prosper at the same time. There always has to be someone suffering at the bottom for there to be a top. My guess is that Naruto's giant prophecy thing is that he is going to somehow stop that in the Ninja world.

But yeah, pretty surprising to not see him shouting at Pain. Although I do strongly feel that if Naruto didn't continuously follow his "way of the ninja" that it would hurt the potential for him to actually change anything in the Narutoverse in the future. So while it can sometimes be annoying, it is the core of his character. To not go back on his words and all that junk.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Good chapter.

I dont know if I like Naruto losing his conviction or not. Does show him growing up though and facing reality instead of blindly fighting like a child.

And it would make sense that Nagato would be frail and weak considering he has no reason to train or keep his body up when all he needs is his mind and other people's bodies

Abdula
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I think perhaps you have it the other way around and he began utilizing others people's bodies because his own was so frail and weak, because regardless of whether he can use other bodies or not no one would render themself completely helpless. And as Jiraiya implied, of the three, Konan, Yahiko and Nagato, Nagato was by far the strongest so something must have happened to make his body the way it is.

Dansetsu
Mon, 02-23-2009, 04:07 AM
I think perhaps you have it the other way around and he began utilizing others people's bodies because his own was so frail and weak, because regardless of whether he can use other bodies or not no one would render themself completely helpless. And as Jiraiya implied, of the three, Konan, Yahiko and Nagato, Nagato was by far the strongest so something must have happened to make his body the way it is. Are you saying that Nagato is the ultimate nin and genjutsu master because he's so weak and frail? I guess that could make sense.

Patriot
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I guess Naruto could leave this arc with the ability to defend against Genjetsu, which would make sense heading into Sasuke.

Assertn
Mon, 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Doubt it. We already know that Nagato's jutsus use a lot of chakra, and that some of the truly devastating ones seriously reduce his lifespan. I'm sure he's gone over-the-top a few times and weakened his own body.

Abdula
Mon, 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I have trouble believing he did that to himself.

Assertn
Mon, 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Why? It seems so obvious to me, that I can't even imagine why you wouldn't be able to believe that.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah he's the type that would think his self destructive God powers would have a lot more priority over his own personal well being for sure.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd think so too, Pain seems to have his mind pretty made up on what he wants to do and he strikes me as a guy with the resolve to push himself to or over the limit in order to achieve his goals. Konan is in a position to know Pain better than anyone we've seen so far and she seems to know when to be concerned by what Pain does and how it will affect him long term.

Dansetsu
Tue, 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Theory

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Naruto isn't getting out of this without some help, Deva is just too powerful.

In his current state, Naruto lacks Sage Mode, and his hands are compromised, not to mention all of his allies are out except Ma, she needs to get her ass in gear and summon the last KB to help Naruto if he has any chance of getting out of this without relying on the Kyuubi or someone else.

My money atm is Nagato is found by someone and Konan fights to protect him so we see a little more of her in action. I'd be interested to see Shika use his Shadow Jutsu on Konan and then have her disintegrate into paper, he'd be like "O, that's troublesome."

People are saying that it wold take away from everything Naruto has done if someone helps him defeat Pain, he's pushed Pain farther than anyone we have seen yet, and he's only 16 mind you. Everything he has done in last 30 chapters has been crazy and he still has more too do.

On a side note:I'm beginning to think that Madara sold poor Nagato a dream. We all know that Madara doesn't want peace at all, this is probably the reason Konan seems to have a distaste for him, she seems the more reasonable of the two.

Assertn
Tue, 02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Both madara and nagato seem to share a common belief that bigger nations result in bigger wars.

poopdeville
Wed, 02-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Both madara and nagato seem to share a common belief that bigger nations result in bigger wars.

They're pretty much right, I'd say.

I wasn't so pumped by this chapter. Seeing that Naruto had matured was neat. But this isn't the first time he's been mature lately. Worse yet, nothing happened except for Pein's speech. And even that wasn't informative. We already knew Pein wanted the Bijuu to create a super weapon so that he could intimidate the world into peace.

I suppose the speech did introduce the theme that both Naruto and Pein are "the same" -- orphans, Jiraiya's students, seekers of peace. Even their names are similar. In other circumstances, they would see each other as brothers or friends. I think the reason why Naruto said "I don't know" is because he realizes Pein is right. Naruto was fighting to avenge Jiraiya and Kakashi and Konoha (and to protect his friends, and to save his own life...) It is perfectly natural that he would, but Naruto hadn't realized he had become a part of a cycle of violence that will continue because of his actions.

Pein clearly thinks he is a Buddha, and that he will use his Rinnegan (literally, "Samsara eye") to transcend the Samsara -- the chaotic flow of the world, and the conflict it breeds.

But in the end, nothing happened.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-19-2010, 06:45 PM
While re-reading this, I was reminded of Final Fantasy X...like a lot.