PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 97

Penner
Thu, 02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 97 - 720p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=51207)
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 97 - 480p.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=51206)

Assertn
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I could barely muster up the effort needed to click on that link.
Years of filler have made the Naruto anime an embarrassment to watch.

Marik
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
The stuff after the ED theme was the best part of this episode.

Kraco
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Hinata was the only one who defeated an enemy, and got trapped for her troubles. The others fought like first year students and had their enemies flee. Such an unfair world.

Wind + water breaking the crystal wasn't actually a bad idea, if the water was supercooled and thus cracked the crystal by suddenly causing a big temperature change in it. Otherwise water and wind are probably the worst elements to use against crystal...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I actually thought this was a great episode.

Guren is actually a threatening villan, she has a wide variety of abilities.

Hinata sucked less than she did last episode.

And Naruto's combo attack was made to feel like it mattered.

Wind + water breaking the crystal wasn't actually a bad idea, if the water was supercooled and thus cracked the crystal by suddenly causing a big temperature change in it. Otherwise water and wind are probably the worst elements to use against crystal...I wonder if crystal is considered one of the combined elements.

What would it be? Sand turns to glass when its hit by lightning, so maybe its the combination of Earth and Lightning elements.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing she's an earth element user. Crystals are rocks.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm guessing she's an earth element user. Crystals are rocks.

True, but I'm thinking maybe earth and fire rather then just earth - many types of crystals require heat and pressure to form and if its a combined element blood line limit, it would explain why she was so sure Kakashi couldn't copy it. Regardless, while I'm not overwhelmed by this filler as a whole, I am enjoying Crystal Style so far, lots of interesting abilities in it.

GreatLimmick
Thu, 02-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I wonder if crystal is considered one of the combined elements.

What would it be? Sand turns to glass when its hit by lightning, so maybe its the combination of Earth and Lightning elements.
For some reason, Earth + Lightning makes me think "Metal".

lelouch
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Why did naruto train that jutsu with gamatatsu instead of the red toad? The red toad not only seems to be a pro at the technique (always lecturing gamatatsu about what he's doing wrong) but his grandpa (I think that giant red frog that jiraiya uses is the grandpa?) is really good at it so maybe some of the skill passed down the generations?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Why did naruto train that jutsu with gamatatsu instead of the red toad? The red toad not only seems to be a pro at the technique (always lecturing gamatatsu about what he's doing wrong) but his grandpa (I think that giant red frog that jiraiya uses is the grandpa?) is really good at it so maybe some of the skill passed down the generations?Gamakichi said he straight up can't use water style jutsu. While Kamatatsu just said he didn't know how. So I figure Gamakichi is just not a water style user. Maybe his affinity is with a different element.

True, but I'm thinking maybe earth and fire rather then just earthEarth and fire makes lava!

Tyreal
Fri, 02-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Earth and fire makes lava!

And Diamonds and other crystals!

Diamond formation requires exposure of carbon-bearing materials to high pressure, ranging approximately between 45 and 60 kilobars,[18] but at a comparatively low temperature range between approximately 1652–2372 °F (900–1300 °C).[18]

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah but lava is cooler.

Besides, Lightning is just fire anyway cause Kishi doesn't understand elements. So Lightning and Earth also makes gems.

Assertn
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM
fire > wind and earth > water. If crystal is earth and fire then Naruto's fucked.
Didn't they say back when she was introduced that crystal is a 7th element or some bullshit?

Azonalanthious
Fri, 02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
fire > wind and earth > water. If crystal is earth and fire then Naruto's fucked.
Didn't they say back when she was introduced that crystal is a 7th element or some bullshit?

True, but you can also flip it around. Water>fire and wind is neither stronger or weaker then earth - coming at it from that side, he has the edge, if a smaller one.

I don't remember anything about it being a new element, but then its filler - I watch, but I don't pay that much attention. Easily could have missed it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Wouldn't it be the 6th element?

lelouch
Sat, 02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Gamakichi said he straight up can't use water style jutsu. While Kamatatsu just said he didn't know how. So I figure Gamakichi is just not a water style user. Maybe his affinity is with a different element.

Why would it be so important to use water element? Wouldn't naruto's wind chakra make Gamakichi's fire blast stronger too? (Considering he's fire element). Maybe he's earth element in which case I don't think wind would help too much.

Besides, Lightning is just fire anyway cause Kishi doesn't understand elements.

How is lightning the same thing as fire? Lightning occurs when there is a large difference in charges, and the positive charge travels to the negative charge forming an electric discharge (in huge cases, lightning). Fire is when a combustible material is oxidized and a chain reaction occurs releasing heat and light. The two aren't the same at all...

Pandadice
Sat, 02-21-2009, 11:50 PM
mm. i wonder if they're gonna do anything special for the 100th shippuuden episode. hopefully the filler will end next episode or so and then they're have some kind of hour-long 100th ep special which gets it back on to the story of the manga.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-22-2009, 01:27 AM
For some reason, Earth + Lightning makes me think "Metal".

You're thinking about lightning rods

True, but you can also flip it around. Water>fire and wind is neither stronger or weaker then earth - coming at it from that side, he has the edge, if a smaller one.

I think we've been through this before. The cycle is a diagram to show the relationship between elements concisely. Attributes don't apply further than to the adjacent element.

Eg. Fire>Wind>Lightning doesn't mean Fire > Lightning.

The boy said something about all the camellias (people?) turning red then disappearing, and Tsunade mentioned a whole villiage disappearing because of the Crystal Technique. Coincidence much? That kid is going to be Beserk Sora #2 when Gurren says "stfu, I only like Oro".

Jessper
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:02 AM
The boy said something about all the camellias (people?) turning red then disappearing, and Tsunade mentioned a whole villiage disappearing because of the Crystal Technique. Coincidence much? That kid is going to be Beserk Sora #2 when Gurren says "stfu, I only like Oro".

Gurren was from the village that disappeared, that was the village of the bloodline that could use the technique and Oro killed them all with the exception of her. Or that is my opinion at least.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:07 AM
How is lightning the same thing as fire? Lightning occurs when there is a large difference in charges, and the positive charge travels to the negative charge forming an electric discharge (in huge cases, lightning). Fire is when a combustible material is oxidized and a chain reaction occurs releasing heat and light. The two aren't the same at all...In both cases though, the damage caused by a lightning bolt and say, a furnace is extreme heat. Both elements basically burn you to death.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:56 AM
In both cases though, the damage caused by a lightning bolt and say, a furnace is extreme heat. Both elements basically burn you to death.

FYI, a body struck by lightning retains its moisture. Fire's the one that makes well-done Homo Sapiens ;)

Kraco
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:59 AM
You don't need to be burnt badly by lightning. It could simply stop your heart.

Uberbaka
Sun, 02-22-2009, 09:49 AM
mm. i wonder if they're gonna do anything special for the 100th shippuuden episode. hopefully the filler will end next episode or so and then they're have some kind of hour-long 100th ep special which gets it back on to the story of the manga.

Don't know about that, would be nice though... My money is on them having those annoying three part "password" things again that are blindingly obvious from the first one...(Like "wood" during the first episode Yamato was in or whatever)

Azonalanthious
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:28 AM
I think we've been through this before. The cycle is a diagram to show the relationship between elements concisely. Attributes don't apply further than to the adjacent element.

Right, but I wasn't taking about changing which way we were going on the cycle or skipping over elements, just how we applied the elements involved to each other. Assertn applied wind to fire and water to earth - I just used the same elements, same position, but applied them differently - WATER to fire, WIND to earth. Which means rather then both elements being in the weaker position, one is in the strong position, and one is in a neutral position.

redcat
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:37 AM
FYI, a body struck by lightning retains its moisture. Fire's the one that makes well-done Homo Sapienslightning arcs are hotter than the sun and do burn at exits/entrances to the body. im not sure if it warms up in the body though, apparently not?

ive only ever heard of bad burns where it left the body tho. its like being arc welded.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Right, but I wasn't taking about changing which way we were going on the cycle or skipping over elements, just how we applied the elements involved to each other. Assertn applied wind to fire and water to earth - I just used the same elements, same position, but applied them differently - WATER to fire, WIND to earth. Which means rather then both elements being in the weaker position, one is in the strong position, and one is in a neutral position.

Oh, okay. I misunderstood your first post.

Patriot
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Wait, what are we talking about here again? Felt like I just got a geology lesson..

Uberbaka
Mon, 02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
lightning arcs are hotter than the sun

Woo, science nitpicking time! (No offense intended)

You're half right.

Lighting are estimated to be around 30,000 kelvin, which is indeed hotter than the surface of the sun (at 6000 k). However the core of the sun is estimated to be 15,000,000 K.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but back when jelly man first spoke, was I the only one to go..

"WTF!! It's a guy?!!!"

redcat
Mon, 02-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Woo, science nitpicking time! (No offense intended)

You're half right.

Lighting are estimated to be around 30,000 kelvin, which is indeed hotter than the surface of the sun (at 6000 k). However the core of the sun is estimated to be 15,000,000 K.
yea ok.. the surface

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but back when jelly man first spoke, was I the only one to go..

"WTF!! It's a guy?!!!"nope

Kraco
Tue, 02-24-2009, 02:04 AM

"WTF!! It's a guy?!!!"

No, I was "Wtf!! It can talk?"

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM

"WTF!! It's a guy?!!!"Not really. It didn't have any boobs.

Pandadice
Tue, 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM

"WTF!! It's a guy?!!!"

rofl, i know! i wasn't expecting that voice he had at all!! it was super creepy.. but at least i got a new avatar out of it xD

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
rofl, i know! i wasn't expecting that voice he had at all!! it was super creepy.. but at least i got a new avatar out of it xD

You don't know how badly I want to neg rep you right now Panda.

It's the closest thing I can do to punching that creepy thing in the face. :p

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
That thing freaks me the fuck out. Somehow it's even worse sideways.

Pandadice
Wed, 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM

rofl, that was my exact same reaction

i have a hard time now reading my own posts

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM

It looks less human, and completely fucked up :S