PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 207

Nadouku
Tue, 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM
[Dattebayo] Bleach - Episode 207: Download (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b207.torrent)

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
I admit, this is kinda interesting. A fun ep, though at a slow pace. Just can't get used to it.

Urahara taichou and his balls of steel! "Eto..." :p

digitalrurouni
Tue, 02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Man that was a damn good episode! I was laughin pretty hard beacuse of Hiyori. Cant wait for the Maggot's Nest episode! WOOT!!!!! Just awesome. I got no complaints with this arc at all :)

Artris
Tue, 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Man, Hiyori has some anger management issues to short out. I don't think anyone has gotten that much punishment throughout the entire series, except maybe Ichigo. Balls of steel, :p.

Nice to see Shinji (death time? Whats with the name) putting Aizen in his place.

Nadouku
Tue, 02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Nice, laid-back episode of Kisuke and Hiyori. If Bleach was animated like this and not like a rushed production with half of its budget cut due to lame-ass episodes from the past (looking at you Amagai Sucksuke arc), we wouldn't be needing that much fillers.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
This arc is the only thing that keeps me watching Bleach. Seriously great episode. Haven't feel this excited to see a Bleach episode since... uh... I think since the end of Soul Society.

Penner
Wed, 02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
yeah, i don't really mind the action not being there, the story/information and everything more than makes up for it, interesting stuff :D

Kraco
Wed, 02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Urahara certainly is one uber lazy bum. Yoruichi probably had him made a captain just so that there would be an even lazier captain than her, drawing all the attention and frowns. Good thinking.

Can't say I wouldn't at least partially understand Hiyori...

Yukimura
Wed, 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I think being laid back is part of what makes Urahara Urahara, we've seen in the past he can get quite serious when he wants to and anything in his way should beware.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I think you guys are crazy. This episode was a big fat chunk of nothing happens.

Penner
Wed, 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
True that nothing really important happened but i like seeing what the characters were like way back in time and get some new info, how they became who they are today etc... its just interesting, atleast i think so ^^

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Darth, you sensation-junkie! :p

digitalrurouni
Wed, 02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
True that nothing really important happened but i like seeing what the characters were like way back in time and get some new info, how they became who they are today etc... its just interesting, atleast i think so ^^

And I agree! :) One thing I have been thinking about though...when Hirako fought Grimmjow...he didnt even switch to Bankai...he just used his mask's powers...how come Ichigo has to go to Bankai before he even considers using his mask?

Jessper
Wed, 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I think it was really REALLY interesting to see Shinji just take Aizen's Shikai away like that. I'm 100% sure this will come into play later since pretty much no one else has been able to see through it.

I'm also very disappointing that we didn't get to see Urahara's qualification test, maybe they will show it to us still but it seems unlikely now that it has passed.

I'm still really enjoying this arc, even if nothing is really happening it is still better than filler and even better than a lot of the other stuff that happens in bleach (Chad fighting, stuff like that!). Really it seems that anything involving the captains (non-filler anyways) I like, so I'm glad they are staying involved.

And I agree! :) One thing I have been thinking about though...when Hirako fought Grimmjow...he didnt even switch to Bankai...he just used his mask's powers...how come Ichigo has to go to Bankai before he even considers using his mask?

Bankai is a stable upgrade in power, for Shinji he can rely on his mask so he can use it only and not worry about how long he can fight.

digitalrurouni
Wed, 02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Bankai is a stable upgrade in power, for Shinji he can rely on his mask so he can use it only and not worry about how long he can fight.

Sorry mate, but that made no sense. Maybe I didnt understand you....

Patriot
Wed, 02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah I don't get that up there either. I'm also not convinced that Ichigo knows the difference between Shikai and Bankai, wouldn't be surprised if that comes into play sometime in the future...lol..

But seriously, after his release he has Gensha Tenshou and he just learned to keep it in his sword, i'm sure there is going to be something else that comes along shortly.

Tyreal
Wed, 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Sorry mate, but that made no sense. Maybe I didnt understand you....

I interpreted his comment to mean that Ichigo can go Bankai without any serious negative consequences. But if he uses his hollow not only is it gone relativly fast compared to his Bankai but after it does go Ichigo is in a weakened state. So it's more advantagous for Ichigo to use his Bankai before he uses his Hollow.

However for Shinji who doesn't have a time limit on his hollow transformation (or at the very least a long amount of time in his hollow transformation) and who can dispel his hollow transformation and have no real illeffects it makes it more advantagous to use that instead of his Bankai.

Yukimura
Thu, 02-19-2009, 02:17 AM
If you think about it Ichigo's bankai is in a way what allows him to fight effectively at Captian+ levels. The other captains are already at captain level with just their shikai or regular swords. I think without his bankai Ichigo just isn't powerful enough to face the enemies who are Captain level or higher. For Shinji who was apparently already at captain level and has been so for at least 200 years it makes sense that he can fight at a level above that of a captain just by using his hollow transformation without needing special tricks from sword releases.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-19-2009, 02:27 AM
I think it was really REALLY interesting to see Shinji just take Aizen's Shikai away like that. I'm 100% sure this will come into play later since pretty much no one else has been able to see through it. Shit, I completely forgot that was Aizen's power. I thought he was using some demon magic.

redcat
Thu, 02-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I think you guys are crazy. This episode was a big fat chunk of nothing happens.
from the looks of the thread i thot i was alone until your post.

not only does not much happen (it did have 1 or 2 moments) it was annoying to watch hiyori be a complete psycho bitch for an entire episode.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Though yes, it was slow, you gotta admit it was better then the last football arc, wasn't it? It contains important information about the anime and is brought in an entertaining manner.
To each his own though, but I wouldn't mind fillers presented this way.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, yes, but that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

The problem was that it was the same joke repeated like 8 times. We get it. Hiyori doesn't accept Kisuke and she likes to kick things.

Jessper
Thu, 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I interpreted his comment to mean that Ichigo can go Bankai without any serious negative consequences. But if he uses his hollow not only is it gone relativly fast compared to his Bankai but after it does go Ichigo is in a weakened state. So it's more advantagous for Ichigo to use his Bankai before he uses his Hollow.

However for Shinji who doesn't have a time limit on his hollow transformation (or at the very least a long amount of time in his hollow transformation) and who can dispel his hollow transformation and have no real illeffects it makes it more advantagous to use that instead of his Bankai.

Thanks, my sentence got a little garbled towards the end there. =)

Even if Ichigo could use the mask without worrying about it going away or anything related, I'm sure that Bankai still makes him stronger so there really is no reason not to use it unless it is some sort of attempt to hide his strength. Also, from what we have seen of the captains Ichigo has a long way to go until he really understands his Bankai so using it has got to be useful in that sense too.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Well, yes, but that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

The problem was that it was the same joke repeated like 8 times. We get it. Hiyori doesn't accept Kisuke and she likes to kick things.

True that. I laughed though. :o

digitalrurouni
Fri, 02-20-2009, 12:31 AM

Yeah that makes sense. I can agree with that. Cant wait for the next episode! Bring it!!! :D

Vorlath
Fri, 02-20-2009, 05:21 AM
I still say Ichigo isn't using his Bankai. To me, it just looks like he activates it, but has no idea what his Bankai actually is. I don't consider side-effects such as being faster and having more power to be anything special. There's gotta be more to it than that. I'm sticking to my theory until proven wrong (ie. the series ends with no added Bankai badassery).

About the ep, it was fine. I liked it. They're definitely setting up for interesting possibilities in the future battle.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Well, nobody else's Bankai actually makes them faster.

I don't think Ichigo's bankai has any unrevealed powers. I think when the series gets to the Spirit King's court we're gonna find that all the royal guard have a level of release beyond Bankai.

Kraco
Sun, 02-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Ichigo's bankai doesn't make him super fast. Byakuya can keep up with him, if he wants, and all the better arrancars as well, without any fancy skills. So, it would be pretty redundant bankai's main power to make him faster if he actually gets no faster than everybody else. Though I suppose it could make him faster than everybody else but being Ichigo he simply lacks the willpower to take everything out of it.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I have to disagree Kraco...Ichigo's bankai does make him superfast...as do other people's power ups etc etc. Its just everybody is so damn powerful now (which I quite enjoy) that the differences just get exaggerated.

And DarthEnder I think you hit the nail on the head! There has to be a level above Bankai! I am quite looking forward to the future developments of this show and manga.

And I also am of the belief that Ichigo's dad Isshin, was formerly of the Zero squad...

Abdula
Sun, 02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Why does there have to be a level above bankai? Frankly I think that would just be redundant. Just look at Yamamoto or Aizen for example, I would say that the most powerful zanpakuto we have seen so far has been Yamamoto's and that was just his shikai, Aizen too is another great example this guy dispatched other captains with chantless kido spells. I guess I should also say that I've never been a fan of powerups, I would much prefer to see characters training relentlessly to get stronger and learning to use what they have.

Anyway we have yet to see the bankais of Yamamoto, Soifon, Gin, Unohana, Aizen, Shunsui, and Ukitake. Excluding Soifon those are probably the strongest characters in the entire series, then there are still characters like Urahara and Isshin we have yet to see anything from, not to mention the vizards. So I think its much too soon to be calling for new power ups.

Oh and seeing as bankai means full release, I doubt we'll be seeing anything beyond that.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 02-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Damn you do bring up a good point Abdula...but having said that...Ichigo needs to have a serious boost in power if there is no level beyond bankai to save his ass the way it is right now.

Jessper
Mon, 02-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Damn you do bring up a good point Abdula...but having said that...Ichigo needs to have a serious boost in power if there is no level beyond bankai to save his ass the way it is right now.

He is plenty strong now that he can keep the mask up for a reasonable amount of time. Sure he won't be able to fight Aizen or maybe even anyone above Uliquorra on an even playing field but I would be seriously disappointing if he gets some sort of Shonen powerup right after the previous one came into effect. I'm expecting the Captains and Vaizards to pick up the slack.

Kraco
Mon, 02-23-2009, 02:19 AM
What Ichigo would most need is to learn the basics. Unfortunately he would need a hundred years for that, but Aizen wasn't nice enough to grant him that much time.

Aizen: "Beware! A hundred years from now I will launch a surprise attack against Karakura town. Mwahahahaha!"
Ichigo: "You bastard! I will make sure my grandchildren's children will be ready and waiting!"

digitalrurouni
Mon, 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah I hope you are right Jessper. I would definitely love to see the Vaizards kicking some ass...though I dont think I will see them siding with the Soul Society shinigami...they probably hate them and all that...being banished and all from Soul Society.

Nadouku
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
though I dont think I will see them siding with the Soul Society shinigami...they probably hate them and all that...being banished and all from Soul Society.
Sometimes, old hatred must be put aside in order to defend a common goal. I can see the Vaizards still hating Soul Society for banishing them, but the reason is still unclear at this point, and Aizen's obviously a bigger threat than Soul Society itself.

Kraco
Tue, 02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Did we actually learn how hard they took their banishment? Looking at their personalities, back in the earlier eps of current time and now in the past and taking into account they adaptod heretical hollow powers, it could be they left partially willingly. It would probably have been suffocating for them to remain in SS in any case after the transformation. The only exception I can see to this is if circumstances forced them to become vaizards against their will, and especially if the hierarchy supported the change, and then they were chased out nonetheless afterwards.

Jessper
Tue, 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm being forgetful here but do we know that they were banished at all?