PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt like you were in love with a celebrity?

Animeniax
Fri, 02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I mean more than being a fan of their work, have you ever actually felt like you could be in love with a celebrity of tv, movies, or music? If so, who is/was it?

I know it's almost Valentine's Day but that has nothing to do with this.

saman
Fri, 02-13-2009, 03:57 PM
i wouldn't say "love", but i have a mini-crush on dan stevens from pbs masterpiece theatre's "sense and sensibility" at the moment.

who are you in "love" with, ani?

XanBcoo
Fri, 02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I had a really big crush on Catherine Zeta-Jones when I was in my later years in high school. Then I saw her in Entrapment, which solidified my love for her.

Then last year I was watching videos of Zooey Deschanel singing and I found some interviews,
like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OfpBHFjIN4), that made me think I could totally spend the rest of my life with her :o. Also her singing voice really is the best. She's a pretty bad actress but I can overlook that.

Xelbair
Fri, 02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Never, not even once. I always fall for local girls.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 02-14-2009, 08:52 AM
This list is not in chronological order, it's in the order just as they appeared in my mind. I'm sure there's at least a couple more, but this is definitely most of them.

-Amy Jo Johnson, the original Pink Ranger. 'nuff said.

-Jessica Alba (particularly during her Flipper days). Such lovely buns on this one.

-Catherine Zeta-Jones (Started with mask of Zorro, and like xan, got set in stone with Entrapment)

-Dr. Quinn Me...Jane Seymore. I knew she was gorgeous WAY before Wedding Crashers.

-Julie Andrews - Saw Mary Poppins as a kid, and yes, I loved her then.

-Wynona Rider. I actually swore to her ( In my mind ) that I'd never love another girl. My love is fickle.

-Ariel. Shut up. Just shut up.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Ariel. Shut up. Just shut up.

Want to be more specific? The way you're saying it, I'm assuming it's Ariel the little mermaid.

Abdula
Sat, 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Want to be more specific? The way you're saying it, I'm assuming it's Ariel the little mermaid.
I think it is.

Btw is this normal? When I first read Ani's post I didn't think he was being serious but wow. So is it normal for people to fall in love with celebrities. I mean I always here about stalkers who I assume are just mentally unstable people then on the other hand there are the people you always see jumping up and going crazy every time they see a celeb and I assumed they were just morons. So what is the deal with you guys? This thread has me rather bemused.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm a little surprised too. I can't say this has ever happened to me.

Maybe attracted to their characters, but certainly never the celebrity themselves. It's not love though in the case of their characters.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, it is Ariel the little mermaid, not Ariel Sharon. As far as I'm concerned, this is a thread to be taken light heartedly. Try it, see what happens.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Actually it was meant to be a serious thread. I wanted to get a better understanding of what I'm feeling for this one music artist. Of course I don't "love love" her since I don't really know-her-know her, but it seems you do get a feeling for the person through her music, lyrics, and all of the media available about her. But one of the main reasons I don't think this is just star infatuation is that she's not some good-looking babe. She's beautiful of course, but that's more a result of the beauty of her spirit and soul, as evidenced in her music and other works.

But I don't think I'll share any further since I got this rep:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/1/0/8/7/0/threads.JPG

XanBcoo
Sat, 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Didn't take long for the pretentious, high-horse bullshit to come out, did it Abdula?

I'm a little surprised too. I can't say this has ever happened to me.

Maybe attracted to their characters, but certainly never the celebrity themselves. It's not love though in the case of their characters.
"Love" is an exaggeration here. Yeah, in most cases it's an attraction to the characters, but some celebrities are obviously very attractive, and sometimes I'll watch an interview with them and think "gosh they seem like such an interesting and genuinely intelligent and cool person. I wish I could meet them and hang out and stuff."

It's never anything beyond that. An alternate title to the thread could be: "Which celebrities of the opposite sex do you really admire?"

Though I'm completely serious about Deschannel. If I knew here personally I'd ask her out in a second.

Archangel
Sat, 02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes, it is Ariel the little mermaid, not Ariel Sharon. As far as I'm concerned, this is a thread to be taken light heartedly. Try it, see what happens.

Was it the mermaid or her human form you wanted to ravage?

If you wanted to do it with a fish i can understand it but if you wanted to do it with a cartoon character then you're just sick dude.

PS: Taking gotwoot seriously gives you brain tumors

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, it is Ariel the little mermaid, not Ariel Sharon.

why not?
http://therearenosunglasses.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/new-sharon.jpg

I was kinda crazy about Avril Lavigne a few years back, but then she betrayed my trust and got married to some jerk. (what we had between us was beautiful, you know? why did you that to me?!)

sure, I've never met her in person, and I've only heard a few interviews with her. But she's amazingly pretty, has a lovely voice, and looks like a really fun person to be with.

Archie: actually, it's the other way around. we're sorry to tell you this, but if you take gotwoot serious, it's already too late. go see a doctor about that tumor.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I would like to lock Avril in my closet for about a month and feed her nothing but cherry stems and semen.

I had a big childhood crush on Sandra Bullock though. She was always my favorite.

Abdula
Sat, 02-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Didn't take long for the pretentious, high-horse bullshit to come out, did it Abdula?
Ouch, I don't think I deserved that:confused: . I'm not being pretentious and I have no idea where you get this high-horse idea from. When I saw this I had no idea what to think.
I mean more than being a fan of their work, have you ever actually felt like you could be in love with a celebrity of tv, movies, or music? If so, who is/was it?

I know it's almost Valentine's Day but that has nothing to do with this.

-Wynona Rider. I actually swore to her ( In my mind ) that I'd never love another girl.
I guess I should have known better. I should have expected such a reaction, I mean this is gotwoot afterall, just not from you.

I really just didn't know exactly what Ani meant when he said in love. Oh well never mind. I'll really have to be more careful what I post because you guys get offended far too easily and I seem to always rub you guys the wrong way.

PSJ
Sat, 02-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Mandy Moore. Love is a strong word though but if i'd meet her in real life i'd ask her out...

Then there are those who you'd just sleep with without any questions asked if you got the chance... But that's just pure hotness in my opinion.

off topic: Thought i'd check back on this place and see if it was still alive and it looks fun, found a cool thread immediatly.. Wonder if anyone remembers me though..

Archangel
Sat, 02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
off topic: Thought i'd check back on this place and see if it was still alive and it looks fun, found a cool thread immediatly.. Wonder if anyone remembers me though..

That leopard-printed lampshade still haunts my dreams

I'm Archangel btw, nice to meet you

If you want to know more about me just ask Deadfire, my best buddy in the whole wide world

Kraco
Sun, 02-15-2009, 03:11 AM
I have admired the skills of some celebrities, even the personality of some of the coolest ones, but I have to say I've never been in love with one. I think I have some restriction on falling in love with people I will never even meet.

Come on, man. Who would forget you? Just the other day we were wondering where some of the cooler older members had disappeared, and your name was one of the mentioned. Though I don't think you are a celebrity enough that anybody would have been in love with you here... Haha.

Stitch
Sun, 02-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I am in love with Tiffani Amber Thiessen.

http://americasnewstoday.com/images/Tiffani-Amber_Thiessen-born-01231974-02.jpg

Hollywood failed. Tom Cruise failed. Tiffani should've been more important than Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, and Brooke Shields combined. At least.

animus
Sun, 02-15-2009, 09:18 AM
I always thought she was a butter face.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 02-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Not a buttaface but it looks like it's been a long hard road since Kelly Kapowski, judging by how she's aged.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
My friend's brother supposedly is good friends with the guy who married her.

I don't want to discourage anyone else from posting in this thread, but what I'm seeing so far seems like mostly infatuation and sexual desire. Really how can you know that much about an actor or actress from the roles he or she plays? That's the point of acting isn't it?

I think what I'm feeling is different because she is a music artist who has done some acting and lots of interviews and exposés about her brief and somewhat simple life. Her music tells you a lot about her since a lot of it is personal experience. Kind of like how Gwen Stefani used to write songs for No Doubt using experiences from her own life. Might be kind of embarrassing for ex-boyfriends and band mates, but it really let's you see into her mind and soul.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 02-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I think people here are more concerned with how Gwen Stefani can work a dick than with her empty soul.

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-15-2009, 03:30 PM
If you wanted to do it with a fish i can understand it but if you wanted to do it with a cartoon character then you're just sick dude.
Tell that to this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82DjpPX60xU&NR=1)

I think what I'm feeling is different because she is a music artist who has done some acting and lots of interviews and exposés about her brief and somewhat simple life. Her music tells you a lot about her since a lot of it is personal experience
No man, that's still an infatuation.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
If you really want to know how you feel, here's some advice, some dead serious advice, on ruling out sexual infatuation. Head to the bathroom, the bedroom, wherever, and fap to this chick you're thinking about. If when you're done you still feel the same way, there might be something to what you're feeling. I'd guess that you won't though.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Well that's the thing, I don't have sexual desire for this girl. I'm more interested in pictures of her in day-to-day routine and clothes than when she's dressed up and made-up for photo shoots and performances. Also, I've admitted that if I didn't know her through her music, if I just saw her walking down the street that I wouldn't look twice, so it's not a physical attraction. Since I'm not a money-grubber or looking for coattail-fame, I know it's not an attraction to that aspect of her either.

The things I am attracted to: her shyness, her feistiness, her simplicity, her defiance against being pigeonholed or defined by any one quality or genre of music (you should see her jam on the guitar), and her voice.

No man, that's still an infatuation.Probably, but it's been going on for 2 years and I've visited her country twice just in hopes of seeing her perform or running into her on the street.

deadlydreamx
Mon, 02-16-2009, 01:02 AM
sooo uh mind telling us who this special singer is?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 02-16-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm still suggesting the fapping idea. Back in hs, I had such an infatuation with 2 girls at different times. These were girls I didn't think I wanted in a sexual manner, but I just thought were extremely cool. Let me tell you, sexual attraction is a complicated, often subtle and deceitful beast. I honestly don't know how you'll feel afterwards, but I can tell you my experience, not just with those two girls (who were the first) but over the years, a few similar cases occured. All things were clarified with a simple walk of the dog. It turned out I really did like one of the girls in hs, but after "the method" the intensity was calmed down, she went from god status to girl status. I went from having her occupy my every thought, to deciding to ask her out, and setting the thought of her aside until that time came. I got turned down, but I was quickly over it.

You say you don't actually have a sexual attraction to her, so you might not be able to do this. But if you can see yourself asking her out and being with her, in whatever fantasy you choose to concoct, you can. Whatever happens, however intensely you feel about the girl now, you'll feel less so afterwards. Take the time then to ponder on what you're feeling.

Idealistic
Mon, 02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Kate Beckinsale... My god.... That woman..... Seen all her movies.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM
The only Hollywood one I can say I liked to such a degree would be Sarah Michelle Gellar. No question about it, it was completely sexual.

Maybe a few Asian actresses too, but the attraction's never gone beyond face/body/voice.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
ummm can I love a group? If so I'd def say the beatles. And not in a "I love their music" kinda way. I'd be lying if I said they changed me as a person, but the way they express themselves to the grandest extent is a serious inspiration on me to do the same. And I think their music is genius... so yeah... I love em.

And seeing paul mcartney on colbert report made me love him personally, I wish Lennon was still around to do interviews I'm sure he'd have a spot reserved in my heart too.

itadakimasu
Tue, 02-17-2009, 09:44 PM
i was in love w\ katie holmes when dawsons creek was on tv.

you know you watched it too!

Animeniax
Tue, 02-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Were you in love with Katie Holmes or Joey Potter?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 02-17-2009, 11:29 PM
haha yeah i watched a little dawsons creek. katie holmes was the babe of that show without a doubt. :mad: TOM CRUISE!!!!111

I love katie more than I hate tom though... she's still up there in celebrity crush's..

her and natalie portman, fully haired or not.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah they're both babes and both seem really cool, but think about what you'd do with them once you met and started dating them. Would you really be happy living their lifestyles? You'll have a lot less time for video games and messing around online, less time to just hang out and be yourself. You'll be in the public eye, having to attend fashion shows and benefits for some causes you could care less about.

Natalie Portman is a vegetarian (possibly even a vegan). Are you ready to give up meat and travel with her to Morocco and these other third world countries to live among the people like she does? And what do you really know about Katie Holmes beyond the fact that she's really good looking? She evidently likes dating megalomaniacs like Tom Cruise, and doesn't mind the glare of the spotlight. Is that you? Would you be happy being under the microscope of the media like that?

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-19-2009, 05:15 AM

when I was 14 I was in love with Asuka from NGE ^.^

I was never in love with a celebrity...and I don't know why I should love someone like that, I mean I've never met them and thus I don't know how act if the camera is not filming.

it goes more in the direction of sexual desire, or maybe just something like "She's so beautiful!/cute".. Alizèe for example *drool*..

Animeniax
Thu, 02-19-2009, 06:03 AM
I was never in love with a celebrity...and I don't know why I should love someone like that, I mean I've never met them and thus I don't know how act if the camera is not filming.Well what if you've seen a lot of material (interviews, articles, etc) about a celebrity and had a pretty good idea of what they were like off-camera? Take Britney Spears for example. We've seen so much about her and her life, it wouldn't be hard to say we know what she's like off-camera in her private life. Knowing what we know, it would be hard to say you would love or even like being with this person.

I guess it's easier for me to feel like I know my celebrity love because she's Japanese and a part of being a Japanese celebrity means a lot of access for your fans. She has an online diary, her staff has a diary about her, she does a lot of interviews and TV specials and performances and has her own radio show, and she seems relatively plain and simple, so it's not hard to get a good feel for what kind of person she is. Plus she's a musician like I mentioned, so you get to know her through her lyrics and music.