PDA

View Full Version : Game: Need for Speed, Most Wanted

Animeniax
Wed, 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Started playing this game after I completed NFS: Undercover. The story is even more nonexistant (or it hasn't been revealed yet), but it's fun beating people on the black list and moving up the list. I'm currently #6 on the list. I actually enjoy this version more than Undercover. While Undercover has better graphics, Most Wanted is more realistic and has better gameplay features.

My favorite race type is the Speedtrap race where you try to get the highest speeds at each camera to see who wins the race. The cops in Most Wanted are also tougher. They're smarter and harder to escape pursuit. I've been busted so many more times than in Undercover.

Maggie Q is hotter than Josie Maran (in an acting role anyway).

Animeniax
Fri, 02-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Most Wanted is definitely more fun than Undercover. I'm #4 on the list now, and the work you have to do before you can race the big names on the list is in a lot of cases tougher than racing the bosses themselves. The cops are vicious and persistent, and in races even if you fall way behind, you can sometimes catch up and win in the last 5 seconds of the race. In Undercover, getting away from cops and winning was hardly a challenge most of the time, which is fine but not very compelling.

No GT-R in MW, though even fully souped-up in UC, it didn't perform as well as a Porsche GT2.

Animeniax
Mon, 02-16-2009, 12:19 AM
From the bitching thread:

I almost finished Need for Speed: Most Wanted today. It turns out after you become the top guy on the list, you have to survive an extended police chase. Sorry if that's a spoiler.

Right after you do 5 consecutive races against the #1 guy, you think it's over, but it immediately throws you into a level 6 cop chase. So I spent almost 3 hours straight playing this game, to the point my vision blurred. I wasn't sure if it saved after you beat the #1 guy, so I kept playing (and replaying cause I'd get busted a lot) to try to finish the game, but then the DVD drive failed on me again, so I have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if I have to do the 5 races again before I can try to finish the cop chase. Here's hoping it saved after the 5 races.
Happily the game does save after you beat the #1 guy on the list, so the last cop chase is available to run (and you'll have to do it about 20 times because it's tough). I beat the game, took me about 30 hours and 6 days to do it.