PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Aflame Inferno

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Another mahnwa series I've been reading by IM Dal Young (Black God, Freezing, The Legend of Maian, Unbalance x Unbalance), and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Art is good and clean, and chicks are drawn well. At times it gets a bit hard to follow due to some of the terms used (and their translation), but overall it has been quite good.

The plot has been getting better and the action is good and violent. At first I hated the main character, but he's starting to grow on me.

Anyone reading this?

Released by MEEP, and chapter 23 just came out:
http://meep-scans.com/

Aflame Inferno is about a self absorbed high schooler, Kang Shichan, that gets caught in the middle of a battle between demons. Injured severely and near death, the demon Inferno merges with the student to save his life. Together they win the battle to discover that they are inescapably joined. The only hope of every being separate beings is to close down 1,000 Invento Hells and find the right spell of Resurrection. Can Kang Shichan balance hunting down demons with his school work?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=8161

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9173/aflameinfernov1c100aqn7.th.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aflameinfernov1c100aqn7.jpg) http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5480/aflameinfernov1c121xv2.th.png (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aflameinfernov1c121xv2.png) http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5015/aflameinfernov1c123rw7.th.png (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aflameinfernov1c123rw7.png) http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/385/aflameinfernov1c126tb4.th.png (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aflameinfernov1c126tb4.png)

Munsu
Tue, 03-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Bumping this since a new chapter was released... chapter 24.

You can now found them in their new irc channel: #ManWhore @ irc.highway.net

Meep-Scans got a C&D letter, so they kinda have to reorganize themselves. None of you given this a try?

Dark Dragon
Tue, 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I've been reading this and freezing, i'm rather fond of works by this author.

The main character is interesting and i love the interaction between him and the demon queen.

It'll be interesting to see how the story turn out and i wonder how badass Inferno is in his full form.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I've been reading it, I didn't realise there was a thread.

Not that I didn't expect it from an earlier chapter, but Inferno revealing that he (she?) has only previously inhabited females before was amusing. It might make things with Gehenna a little more interesting.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-18-2009, 04:36 AM
Inferno says that they have a different understanding of gender from humans, but Gehenna seems to have (at least a semblance of) romantic feelings for the main character. Inferno also said that he(she?) used only female bodies before, so that must mean that they at least have consideration of gender, even human ones.

Munsu
Tue, 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Chapter 25 is out.

Nothing really happens, more of an extension of the last chapter.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Chapter 26 is out as well.

The fourth Lord shows up, and we learned several more hints about Inferno's motivations, in addition to how much the others fear her (him). Inferno's oath to no longer kill must have been a godsend to the others. I suppose it's a little easier to see why Gehenna sides with Inferno and Shichan, she's as afraid as the other two are, and as long as she can trick Shichan into siding with her and keep Inferno appeased or keep her powers in check, Gehenna can use them both to her own advantage.

Munsu
Wed, 04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Yep, that makes sense. I wonder how the next fight will all play out. All the power players have been kinda thrusted together all of the sudden...makes me wonder if there's someone even stronger that we don't know about, since it's still quite early in the series.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I honestly hope not. I hate it when shounen manga go into the "But there is always someone stronger!" phase. A political battle, as well as Shichan's growth should be the focus, instead of some unknown higher power.

Abdula
Wed, 05-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Chapter 27 (http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/27/01/) is up on Onemanga.

I swear I posted that this morning..........weird

-Sorry I would have posted one if I had one, cranky. Here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22HB3ZEA), you could have just asked.

Munsu
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Did we just saw a precedent to a power that Kang could use in the future?

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-21-2009, 04:37 AM
I don't know, Trisha and Pandemonium are sharing a split soul, while Shichan and Inferno merged their souls. I think it is two different mechanics.

We've seen before that when Inferno releases, she just corrupts Shichan normally and takes over his body as long as he is unconscious.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm still having trouble imagining Inferno as a girl.

Anyway, how and why did Gehenna betray Inferno? I'm really curious about what happened.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I always thought Inferno's dialogue had hints of femininity to it from the beginning, though perhaps Inferno has always been that polite compared to most other Teldars. It is a completely arbitrary distinction, as Inferno stressed to Shichan. It is hard to deny when Inferno has only ever possessed female humans. They deny it, but I would think Teldars generally have preference for a specific gender when they corrupt human bodies.

I wonder if Gehenna betrayed Inferno due to Inferno's decision to adopt the practice of ahimsa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahimsa), as Inferno stated in an earlier chapter. Time doesn't really mean a lot to these Teldar, so we don't know when this betrayal occurred. Either way, Gehenna has seemed to be more than happy to play with Shichan and get Inferno back on her side. From the chapter where Inferno took over Shichan to kill the Teldar assaulting the humans, it isn't hard to see why Gehenna might want to go back to being an ally.

Gehenna is an opportunist, and from this chapter and others, she is very arrogant. Why wouldn't she betray Inferno and take a part of the pie left from Inferno leaving?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
While Gehenna is an opportunist, she also seems to be quite prideful. Betrayal, especially if you are forced to do so due to circumstances, is hardly an act of pride. Betraying Inferno is the same thing as bowing your head to your previous enemies, if that is indeed what she did. It's hard to imagine her lowering herself like that.

Munsu
Sun, 05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
28:
http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/28/01/

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-26-2009, 06:19 AM
I honestly hope not. I hate it when shounen manga go into the "But there is always someone stronger!" phase. A political battle, as well as Shichan's growth should be the focus, instead of some unknown higher power.

of course there is (http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/6/09/)

that's a Qabballik' structure (I think that's what it is, anyway, it's what we've seen in Evangelion). 1-4-5.
we've got the 4 already: north, south, east, west.
the five points below might be those who replace south if he dies, and the one above is the high governor of all crap. maybe the source of the hell points they keep collecting.

also, while I was going through v1, I saw that in the very first chapter they say that a wolf (or dog) is the highest form, and the bad guy also says that he's been gone through 3 re-births, can someone elaborate on this? any ideas?

Munsu
Tue, 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I have no clue about what he means about the "highest animal". It doesn't make much sense in the context of the situation... I'd bet it's a mistranslation of some sort.

As for the 3 rebirths... it's translated as "3 renewals", so who knows what it's reffering to. I really haven''t paid much attention to this detail. I bet it has to do with some transformation that comes with the synchronization or something.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
29 is out, mangatraders link (http://www.mangatraders.com/download/file/63428)

(someone put a DD link, please)

poor fella, denied his hard earned booty.

Munsu
Thu, 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Good chapter, Thanatos is quite strong. And Pandemonium is a pimp. I also liked how Inferno simplyfied the burst of aura from Gehenna, "I guees she had something annoy her" while she was actually getting her ass kicked.

BTW, do we know Inferno's motivation? I don't remember well if it has ever been stated. Does she want revenge against some of the Emperors? Does she simply want to be left in peace? Does she want to reclaim the East?

And yeah, I'm waiting to see what's beyond the 4 Emperors since I don't see Thanatos being a real threat, and Pandemonium is small fry if the other 3 are allied.

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
BTW, do we know Inferno's motivation? I don't remember well if it has ever been stated. Does she want revenge against some of the Emperors? Does she simply want to be left in peace? Does she want to reclaim the East?
We don't know her motivation, but with this most recent chapter, they've certainly narrowed it down.

Inferno has said as much to Gehenna and I believe she told Thanatos directly (when she took over his body) that she has no desire to reclaim her throne in the East. Whatever she gained took precedence over that.

Gehenna said that Inferno certainly has every reason to kill them all, but so far, Inferno has been largely silent whether she actively wants to kill them. For now, survival and remaining hidden seems to be the primary motivation. Inferno has told Shichan several times that they are pathetically weak as they are, and would not be much of a match for anyone in their current state. They are so low on spell quantities that even if Inferno wanted to take revenge, she couldn't without running out.

I do think that they've finally given us enough hints to guess at exactly what Inferno has every right to be angry about. Gehenna seems very sympathetic towards what Thanatos and Pandemonium seem to have done to Inferno. Either Gehenna had no part in it (more likely), or she is more or less the same now that she has absorbed Chaehee's memories (less likely).

I'm almost confident that they killed Inferno's child she had as one of her previous human hosts, or as close to that as possession of a dying body will allow.

The other two Emperors have suggested that Inferno wants to remain in the human world and has yet to return to their world because "[Inferno] wants to retain the feeling of 'motherhood.'" Now Gehenna has reiterated to Thanatos that they took the most precious thing Inferno had away from her. After that, Inferno apparently went berserk against the Teldar, and subsequently vowed to become a pacifist.

Munsu
Mon, 06-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Chapter 30 is out... I really liked it. It confirms some of the theories here, and a bit of a cliffhanger at the end.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Yep confirms some theories. But I seriously wonder what the hell she wants at the end of the chapter.

Munsu
Wed, 07-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Another chapter is out, 31... really liked it also.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
While I don't like Kang going all chicken because of Gehenna's comments, that scene was still awesome. Gehenna is a yandere and a tsundere at the same time. She doesn't want to admit that she herself feels jealous so she puts the blame on Kang. She also goes crazy in her attempt to keep him all to herself, even threatening to get rid of him. Very few characters can manage to do both at the same time.

Munsu
Thu, 07-02-2009, 05:33 PM
32 is also out... seems like the group is on a release spree.

More of the same from last chapter.

Munsu
Mon, 07-06-2009, 08:44 AM
33 and 34 are out too now.

Awesome chapters, go catch up.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Gehenna is a yandere and a tsundere at the same time. She doesn't want to admit that she herself feels jealous so she puts the blame on Kang. She also goes crazy in her attempt to keep him all to herself, even threatening to get rid of him. Very few characters can manage to do both at the same time.
It is interesting how the incident with Inferno in the past changed all the Emperors in one way or another. Inferno herself, once one of the most violent of the Emperors, swore off violence in general, and did not seek a fulfilled venagence. Thanatos learned to feel guilt and regret over what he did, largely because he found the same kind of happiness aside from seeking power. Now he's suffered the same fate as Inferno, and will undoubtedly side with them now. It seems like Pandemonium became more unhinged because he didn't understand why Inferno left the way she did, nor why she changed so much.

Gehenna seems different though. More like a repeat of what happened with Inferno before the incident. I think that she has become violently jealous because the experience is so new to her. She was still very calculating and cold when she first possessed Chaehee's body. Chaehee already had a crush on Shichan before her death, and Teldar seem to absorb at least a little of their host body's mannerisms and persona. Gehenna and Chaehee certainly act and hold themselves very differently (it is part of the humorous moments between her and Shichan), but the more and more Gehenna plays the Chaehee role, the more she seems to be melding, rather than dominating.

I would imagine the same thing happened with Inferno in the past. She possessed a powerful woman, but later fell into the role of being a mother, and having a family. Gehenna is similar. She was becoming more of a big sister type to the half-demon Shichan, and now she's starting to take on Chaehee's crush. Her reaction, if she is as selfish as Inferno claims, is to want to hang on to these warm feelings she's finally discovering as tightly as possible. She's shocked how kind Shichan the Ladykiller can be to her, no matter what kind of monster she really is, and that's where her tsundere side comes in.

She is just starting to learn how to reciprocate that, so she mostly switches back to Chaehee.

Munsu
Thu, 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM
35 and 36 are now out...

Good chapters, it'll be interesting to see how the power balance changes now.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Bud, what's your source?

I go by Mangatraders and they're always an hour or something later from your post.

Munsu
Thu, 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Bud, what's your source?

I go by Mangatraders and they're always an hour or something later from your post.
I get them from IRC.

#manwhore @ irc.irchighway.net

Aside from that, I don't know who puts them up for download quickly.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
The chapters come out faster than I can comment on them lately.

I'm a little bit let down by how easily Thantos succumbed to Pandemonium. I guess it shows how much he has changed since he killed Inferno's family, but he has to realize that Eliza won't be the same now that Pandemonium has transformed her. All of the other summon class Teldars he has act like harem slaves. Even if Pandemonium says that Thanatos can keep her, she will still always be Pandemonium's from now on. She's little more than a doll.

I'm also a little surprised how stupid Gehenna comes off about certain things. She commented here (and at least once in the past) that Shichan can tell the difference between Chaehee's persona and Gehenna's. I'm surprised that she thinks she's hiding it well, because she's so bad at it. She holds herself differently (shoulders and chest out, a more open stance), and her expression is never the timid or gentle one that Chaehee always has. Any idiot could see that Gehenna is in control.

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM
37 and 38 are now out as well.

What happens with Thanatos and Eliza is largely what we expected, souless doll, but we did learn Pandemonium's ambition, which was at least better than I expected. He just doesn't want to depend on anyone or anything. It comes down to a power grab, but it at least isn't the same old, "destroy everything just for the sake of it," motivation.

The middle of the second chapter was pretty funny. Is a little bit of Gehenna mixing in with Chaehee's persona now too? It's all Gehenna in the end, but she's showing so cuter sides to her.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-11-2009, 09:09 AM
so now, what's the next shell target? robots? maybe inhibit a different demon, and further one's self from the human heart another notch.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 07-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I am just going to wait till Gehenna is forced to fight after trying on that lingerie....

Abdula
Sun, 07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
39 is out and it's pretty damn funny.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:41 AM
we all knew that [p147] was coming after "Just what does Gensha want from us?"

also, despite Panda and Thantos coming across some ancient clue about something involving some demons somewhere, I still believe they've gone there to find Yetis and take control of their bodies.

edit: Chapter 040 is also out.

new people. it's going to be a long one.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Hmmm no fighting in lingerie...but..this will do:cool:

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I suppose Gehenna is only using Chaehee to cook and do the menial housework. She's gotten pretty comfortable in her unreleased, low-corruption mode.

The new girl must not be allied with anyone, since she thinks the Teldar are ghosts, but I was half-hoping that the student-teachers wouldn't end up being other Teldar. It's a bit of a letdown that all three of them were.

Still, Inferno and Shichan have been pretty good at killing any non-Emperor Teldar that figure out who they are. I don't remember whether or not Pandemonium knows what body Inferno possesses. He certainly knows Gehenna, and Thanatos probably could identify Inferno, but all the times they've met (to my knowledge) Gehenna and Inferno were released, and they look considerably different in those forms. Gehenna has much longer white hair (but wearing the school uniform gives her away). Inferno on the other hand, made Shichan look dramatically more feminine when she took over after he passed out.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
chapter 041 is out, and concludes the fifth volume.

as usual, Genesha is a no bullshit girl, if the new girl can hear voices, it's her problem.

does Genesha even have inner monologue?

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I think she doesn't have a "inner voice" since she completely took over her host since its dead. But the last thing she said concludes she does know something about that girl. She instantly said that she was a psychic without Kang telling her so.

Also those 3 new Tedlar teachers must be pretty high in level. I mean Inferno didn't detect them.

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Also those 3 new Tedlar teachers must be pretty high in level. I mean Inferno didn't detect them.
Those three are not necessarily high. They marveled on the fact that Pandemonium's research into demon energies allowed them to hide even from an Emperor, and they will use this to spy on the relationship between the Emperors of the East and the West. Just as he has ordered them to.

They might be all very high level, but I'm guessing they probably vary from mid to high level.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-15-2010, 05:39 PM
volume six (chapter 42&43) has started.
poor dude can't get anything since the first chapter.. such a catastrophe.

Munsu
Wed, 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Any of you guys up to date? Seems like Manwhore had dropped the series without me noticing, though I had suspected and should've known.

Anyways, Simple Scans has released up to chapter 46. If not mistaken they're using manga scans instead of manhwa scans, will try to catch up soon:
http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Ahh the first time since he did his Tedlar Release after the corruption was raised to 30% back when the Tedlar invaded that human headquarters. T.B.I or something.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm more interested in whatever pandemonium is doing. he'll find the mother of all tedlars, lillith.

I really don't care what useless powerup the main guy is getting. it's not like it matters.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
chapter 47 (http://hotfile.com/dl/57411821/64d1fec/C%EF%BB%BFSAflameInferno%EF%BB%BF_47.rar.html)

I'm more interested in whatever pandemonium is doing. he'll find the mother of all tedlars, lillith.

Genesha also wants to know, but no luck.