PDA

View Full Version : Eset + Utorrent

Archangel
Sat, 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I think they're conflicting with each other

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-07-2009, 06:09 PM
You want to tell us exactly how? Google's very good when it comes to this as well, to see if it is in fact a "conflicting matter" or otherwise.

Does eset just keep flagging utorrent as a virus/malware?

add utorrent to exceptions if you're sure utorrent is safe & legit.

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cz8pps

LaZie
Sat, 02-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Right click the ESET icon in your toolbar at the bottom left. If you're running Windows that is. A window should pop up and go to show network connections. uTorrent should already be running and should be shown as uTorrent.exe. Right click it and select temporarily allow communications for the process. Thats what I do anyways and it works.

Archangel
Sun, 02-08-2009, 05:13 PM
That worked great Lazie, but isn't there a more permanent solution?

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Eset Smart Security?

Hi,

There's a setting in the advanced setup to allow UPnP in the trusted zone (typically your LAN). Is it checked ? Also you may try switching to interactive mode (if not already done) and allow all activity for uTorrent.

Thanks Panther. I already did exactly as you said. Enabled the Upnp and then set the Utorrent settings manually in the firewall settings. Now everything is working ok. ESS really looks promising. Looking forward for the final version.

Archangel
Sun, 02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I've tried that already

LaZie
Mon, 02-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I haven't found a permanent solution yet anyway.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-09-2009, 12:09 AM
I've tried that already

Are you running utorrent with UPnP or a single open port? If UPnP, you'll have to see if your router's UPnP function is also enabled.

If not, likewise, you'll have to sort out port forwarding on your router as well as assign a static IP to your computer. Then, Eset should figure out utorrent wants internet access (and server rights) and ask you to allow or deny accordingly.

What exactly is the problem? Is it just not downloading? Is the "test open port" function on utorrent coming up as CLOSED? Maybe a screenshot of the Program-Control-submenu and show us your settings. I might help for those who know how to work ESET.

And, if all doesn't work. fully uninstall, reboot and reinstall ESET. I had to do that to ZoneAlarm so it would let me get DHT nodes (it somehow blocked them).

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
*bump* And upgrade utorrent. New stable release was announced today with some fix to NOD32 IMON HTTP 400 error thingy. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about.