PDA

View Full Version : Game: Disgaea 3

Nadouku
Wed, 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
With high-definition graphics, including beautiful high-res 2D sprite art and stunning spell effects, one of the most highly-acclaimed and beloved strategy RPG series is making the jump to the next generation of gaming with Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice for PLAYSTATION3. Re-enter the world of Disgaea and experience all of the humor, zany characters, thrilling action, and unmatched excitement in this all-new 100+ hour adventure!

Any returning veterans play this game yet? I played Disgaea 1 and 2 and they were both enjoyable as well, but this one tops it all off. You have many customizable features, and they improved the battle system so much that you basically just have to issue a few commands and you're done. The computer A.I. has been improved, taking cautious measures to try not to fall into your hands, but they still lack general properties of the game, like lifting.

The story is comparably funny to Disgaea, with the cast being well-liked and overall good at handling combat matters. I would recommend this game to any Disgaea lovers out there.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I own it. But I haven't played it since november. Im still on chapter 3 or 4. Stopped after receiving my Persona 4. Will probably resume playing next month.

But yeah... amazing game. Best Disgaea. Although I hate having to pay 2 dollars for each extra character. Screw it. Im not getting them.

Nadouku
Wed, 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Although I hate having to pay 2 dollars for each extra character. Screw it. Im not getting them.

The only characters I would get would be Adell, Rozalin, and Pram. I like those characters, so adding them to my preset character database would be very fun to have around.

After managing to reach the post game and doing a lot of grinding and item levelling up, I became intoxicated on coming up with challenges, like "Mao's Challenge" (where you have to play the game as Mao, using only several characters as throwing baits), "No Heal Challenge," and many other. Very flexible, indeed.

LaZie
Thu, 02-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I've finished the story and most of the post-game quite a while ago, except the X-Dimension levels. They're just too frustrating and I gave up. :mad:

Nadouku
Thu, 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I can relate to you, LaZie. :o

Some X-Dimension stages were just painful to do, but at least it wasn't like the Dark World stages from Disgaea 2, where random events seem to spawn every turn. I managed to breeze through the X-Dimension stages with my Level 9999 Mao, and got myself into Land of Carnage, where I got my first Legendary Arcadia, and everything sort of went uphill from there.