PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 433

Marik
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:00 AM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?ymwymd5i1wx) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/caooqq) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/433/01)

Tek43

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ytmmzzi2mmt) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/jonbm1)

Pandadice
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:08 AM
ahh yes! i was just wasting time right now waiting for this to be released and then i popped up here and there was a thread! wonderful!

holy crap! is it just me or was that even better than last weeks chapter?!

dude, the whole clone summon thing was awesome! what a genius idea.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:34 AM
The shadow clones storage idea was correct, no surprise there

But a jutsu disguised as another jutsu so he could perform a jutsu that was only a distraction so he could use the real attack jutsu from above? O_o

Is this really naruto, or have Minato and Itachi come back from the grave and fused to create a being of pure awesomeness ?

NeoBear
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:54 AM
The shadow clones storage idea was correct, no surprise there

But a jutsu disguised as another jutsu so he could perform a jutsu that was only a distraction so he could use the real attack jutsu from above? O_o

Is this really naruto, or have Minato and Itachi come back from the grave and fused to create a being of pure awesomeness ?

even i was like wtf say what you want but hes not some punk kid anymore i like how he uses strategy with his new god moves i hope this keeps up. i really wanna see all of this animated!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh this is beautiful...it's just...*tear*. I knew I kept reading this for a reason. I don't even know what to say. This is what I was hoping for, what a lot of us were hoping for, and it was granted. Good call on whoever said 1) he had clones gathering sage energy far back from the actual battle, and 2) that the sage energy returns to naruto upon dispelling the clone. I thought the second part was very likely to occur, but I didn't think the first part would be. For the first time since the telling of Itachi's story (and god knows how long before that) I've no complaints whatsoever.

Xscatic
Fri, 01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
it's not just you, this chapter is just that good :)

especially since Naruto has stated to use and implement some of the things people here have posted that would make him a better ninja ( better taijutsu, more summons/ co-op with frogs, etc.) If only he had more jutsus to use, used his wind element more differently, or started to develop his other elements (if he has any).

And we finally see Naruto acting like a real ninja, a good one too. It's like his brain from the chunnin arc and before has returned from the dead. I mean, when else has Naruto displayed some planning, cunning, and multi-layered tactics like these? And I'm not talking about coming up w/ something during a fight, but having and using these tactics on his own from a start of a fight to the point where he is now?

I'm just hoping and wishing that Naruto continues to fight/ operate/ perform at this level of intelligence from now on, no matters what happens next.

Btw, did one of the elder frogs summon a giant kagebunshin of Naruto, or was that just his normal size? Can't tell from the angle of that frame, and the amount of smoke left from when it was absorbed / recalled is throwing me off.

Now only if a had a time machine of knew a psychic for next week....

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-30-2009, 07:05 AM
oh, my, awesome.

more on the subject later, after i change my pants.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Wow...death from above! Good one Naruto!

darkshadow
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah it was good, next ch in color, that might mean next chapter will conclude this

Vegechan
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah it was good, next ch in color, that might mean next chapter will conclude this

I see this going on for a least 2 more chapters. Naruto still has a clone back in the frog realm, and god mode Pein has just now gained his powers back.

Also, I doubt the whole chapter will be color. It never is.

Awesome chapter though. I don't think anyone can complain about Naruto not being a good ninja anymore. He was able to conclude things on his own, something that usually needed explaining for him. That alone is progress enough >.>

animus
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:31 AM
There were balls flying every where. It was kinda ridiculous.

darkshadow
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I see this going on for a least 2 more chapters. Naruto still has a clone back in the frog realm, and god mode Pein has just now gained his powers back.

Also, I doubt the whole chapter will be color. It never is.

Awesome chapter though. I don't think anyone can complain about Naruto not being a good ninja anymore. He was able to conclude things on his own, something that usually needed explaining for him. That alone is progress enough >.>

Yeah but he can only throw 2 rasenshurikens in sage mode, which he did in this chapter, so he will need the last one in the next chapter.

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:56 AM

It was like 5 jutsu in 4 seconds, beautiful chapter it's like Naruto took some time out, sat down and read the ninja art book of pure awesomness, his hands seals seem to be as quick as kakashi or even quicker. Time warp clone sage mode narutos wasn't a bad idea know we know why Kishi put the time warp jutsu in. Pein had to recover? So he has a weakeness he can only do so much at a time it seems.

itadakimasu
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
with all the dbz references lately I'm glad the frogs didn't do the fusion dance "FUUUU...>>> SIIOOOOOOOOON...>>>>> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Patriot
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
with all the dbz references lately I'm glad the frogs didn't do the fusion dance "FUUUU...>>> SIIOOOOOOOOON...>>>>> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I would have liked that lol...

But yeah, I thought it was great, and because Naruto destroyed them they are dead didn't apply here. They actually came back to life and it seems from the enemy's perspective that he is employing tactics as well. Think about how much he has learned about Naruto during his recharge. The coolest part is that Naruto is back at full strength and so is the ENEMY! That in my opinion is amazing. Regardless of what happens, you have two amazing foes going at each other and neither has given an inch yet. 1 or 2 chapters left? Not for a resolution, but a stale mate. And on top of that, they both know a lot about each other. Pretty much all the Peins have been figured out, Naruto shouldn't have any more tricks up his sleeve, it should get down and dirty from here on out.

Can't believe I have to wait a week!!!!

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
It was like 5 jutsu in 4 seconds, beautiful chapter it's like Naruto took some time out, sat down and read the ninja art book of pure awesomness, his hands seals seem to be as quick as kakashi or even quicker. Time warp clone sage mode narutos wasn't a bad idea know we know why Kishi put the time warp jutsu in. Pein had to recover? So he has a weakeness he can only do so much at a time it seems.

I thought he couldn`t use it because he used that technique that destroyed part of konoha.

Abdula
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes that is exactly it. As I mentioned in my post in the other thread Kishi has this thing about always putting Naruto's opponents at a disadvantage just to try and make Naruto look good. Anyway I didn't really like this chapter, I think its a fine example of what a bad writer Kishimoto is and it seems that Shadow clones are becoming even more of a hax jutsu than sharingan is. Well at least God realm seems to have recovered now so maybe we'll see more than just Pain standing there taking Naruto's attacks and you guys drooling over it.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Does anyone remember the last time Abdula posted without bitching about something?

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Does anyone remember the last time Abdula posted without bitching about something?

He doesn't bitch in the OP thread, Abdula seems to love Oda and despise Kishi, despite what Kishi have been doing with the time jump, we all have to appreciate him for what he has done thus far.

We all have been watching Naruto for years so lets all time and reminisce bout were we came from all those years we sat don’t and did countless reading and watching. I believe in Kishi nuff said.......

Sidnne
Fri, 01-30-2009, 12:01 PM
What? People are enjoying this chapter and the manga in general?? I can't allow that! I'd better add some negativity and pessimism, asap, while I figure out why I still read the manga and/or post on the forums about it.

Fixed.

Anyway, one of the things I found funny was on the first page when Naruto said he can only do two rasen-shuriken in sage mode, which means he only has 4 left. I thought maybe someone was really bad at math, but then it gets explained when we see the other two clones.

Its also interesting that there does appear to be some type of range limit on how far the kagebunshin dispel thing cant travel, since he didn't just release the clone while it was in the frog village and they summoned it close to him before dispelling it.
Either that or the distance could mean Naruto receives the energy more quickly if the clone is closer.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Fixed.

Thank you

Its also interesting that there does appear to be some type of range limit on how far the kagebunshin dispel thing cant travel, since he didn't just release the clone while it was in the frog village and they summoned it close to him before dispelling it.
Either that or the distance could mean Naruto receives the energy more quickly if the clone is closer.

I noticed that too

And that means that naruto took out 3 of pain's bodies using a third of his chakra O_o

This powerup makes no sense whatsoever and im loving every second of it :D

Idealistic
Fri, 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Great chapter.

I forgot though, was it mentioned how and when that god realm Pain lost his powers? Unless I completely missed it.

Sidnne
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Great chapter.

I forgot though, was it mentioned how and when that god realm Pain lost his powers? Unless I completely missed it.

Yeah, when he used all of his energy to blow up Konoha.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Epic chapter forsure. When I first saw naruto whipping around his trump card like it was just another normal shuriken I thought, well he can go super saiyan... but at least he's still naruto; always going all out and trying to end the fight as soon as he could despite his limits. Then kage bunshin hax and shiiiiit, we all saw that one coming a mile away. I mean its cool naruto is a badass now but its like too much epicness to handle all in one fight. I was kinda hoping it wouldn't go this far... but it has. Now I just want Naruto to finish pain off in the next chapter and keep the manga rolling at this pace. But i doubt that'll happen.

I kinda see where abdula is coming from, it felt like just yesterday that naruto was a dumbass... now he's outmaneuvering a leader of Akatsuki. Bit of a leap no? Not saying I don't find it entertaining, just not really what I pictured when this fight started.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, when he used all of his energy to blow up Konoha.

Blow up isn't the correct expression is it?

From what i got of it he just channeled all of his chakra into God realm so he could take that bodies capabilities to the limit and just reject everything in about 1 mile radius

I wonder if he can do similar jutsus if he channels all of his chakra into a different body ( such as bigger summons or a wide "soul stealer" )

Assertn
Fri, 01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Sweet. I thought that Kishi forgot all about the "henge into a projectile" trick.

Naruto says his limit is two rasen-shurikens, but didn't he only use one with his first sage mode?

6Zabuza9
Fri, 01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I think maybe his double rasengan on the 2 pains took the same amount of chakra and 1 rasenshuriken

Sidnne
Fri, 01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Blow up isn't the correct expression is it?

From what i got of it he just channeled all of his chakra into God realm so he could take that bodies capabilities to the limit and just reject everything in about 1 mile radius

Does it really matter?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 01-30-2009, 03:44 PM
All (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=412320&postcount=37) bow (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=412401&postcount=46).

Paper
Fri, 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
All (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=412320&postcount=37) bow (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=412401&postcount=46).

Do u want a scooby snack?

On topic DB you was right about the clone's and mountain theory I was thinking around the same thing they should've also had a medical ninja at the mountain to heal Naruto while a couple of clones keep Pein busy until Naruto is warp back ........ but that would've been hax to death.

Assertn
Fri, 01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
I think maybe his double rasengan on the 2 pains took the same amount of chakra and 1 rasenshuriken

If that's the case, then he's used 3 rasen-shurikens in his second sage mode.

digitalrurouni
Fri, 01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
That was an awesome chapter indeed. I think FINALLY its Naruto as he should always have been. For the longest time I was convinced this manga/anime should not be called Naruto anymore because he just was no good. But wow hes back with pure concentrated compressed awesomeness!!!! Just awesome!

Vegechan
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Just putting this out there because I haven't really followed much of the past discussions.

I know "OMG Madara = Danzou" was dumb and put to rest... but what about "Pein = Danzou." Has that ever been discussed, and if so, where did it go?

It's obvious Danzou knew something when he killed that one frog... That has to lead somewhere...

Sidnne
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Just putting this out there because I haven't really followed much of the past discussions.

I know "OMG Madara = Danzou" was dumb and put to rest... but what about "Pein = Danzou." Has that ever been discussed, and if so, where did it go?

It's obvious Danzou knew something when he killed that one frog... That has to lead somewhere...

NO. NO. NO. And NO.

Danzou killed the frog so that Pein could destroy Konoha and kill Tsunade, thus save Danzou the trouble of doing it himself. Then he could rebuild it with himself as the new Hokage.
Preventing Pein from getting the nine-tails is also a possible motive.

But, for God's sake, NO! Danzou is NOT Pein! Let this never be spoken of again.

Rikudo
Fri, 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Another epic Naruto chapter!

Anyway, so let's say Naruto is on a whole another level. But for him to use sage chakra, Fukusaku needs to send Naruto's clones to the Frog mountain and gather sage chakra for a little bit, reverse summon the clone and dispel. Sounds too convenient if you prepare for battle, but what if a surprise attack on Naruto? Either way, for Naruto to use sage chakra, it will take time and he will need someone to do reverse summoning. If Naruto himself cannot reverse summon his clone, then he will need to summon a frog first and have that frog summon his clone for him to use sage chakra.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Another epic Naruto chapter!

Anyway, so let's say Naruto is on a whole another level. But for him to use sage chakra, Fukusaku needs to send Naruto's clones to the Frog mountain and gather sage chakra for a little bit, reverse summon the clone and dispel. Sounds too convenient if you prepare for battle, but what if a surprise attack on Naruto? Either way, for Naruto to use sage chakra, it will take time and he will need someone to do reverse summoning. If Naruto himself cannot reverse summon his clone, then he will need to summon a frog first and have that frog summon his clone for him to use sage chakra.

Naruto was gonna summon the bunshin himself it's just that pain was in the way so fusaku told him to pass up the scroll so he could do it. If naruto is hit with a sneak attack i guess he will have to deal without the sage chakra unless he can send clones to the the frog place with reverse summoning.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Naruto doesn't have to be at Myobokuzan to gather sage energy. At least, there's nothing I've noticed that indicates that. In the event of a surprise attack, he could use one of his patented diversions to send off a clone to gather the energy then dispell it. That he has to summon it from Myobokuzan right now could actually be a major weakness that Pain'll take advantage of in the coming chapters.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Naruto doesn't have to be at Myobokuzan to gather sage energy. At least, there's nothing I've noticed that indicates that. In the event of a surprise attack, he could use one of his patented diversions to send off a clone to gather the energy then dispell it. That he has to summon it from Myobokuzan right now could actually be a major weakness that Pain'll take advantage of in the coming chapters.

To gather sage energy, his clones have to be perfectly still and be one with nature, so a battlefield wouldn't be the most appropriate place to do this.

I think that's why he left them there, because it's nice and quiet.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I think Naruto can get around this problem if he learns a space/time transportation jutsu like Madara, Yondaime and now even Sasuke have. Create a Kagebunshin and have him dissapear in an instant to somewhere safe.

Archangel
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:55 PM
When did Emo-boy acquire space-time jutsus? O_o

And if he does get them, i want to see this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/10/) again

Rikudo
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I think Naruto can get around this problem if he learns a space/time transportation jutsu like Madara, Yondaime and now even Sasuke have. Create a Kagebunshin and have him dissapear in an instant to somewhere safe.

But it doesn't eliminate the fact that he will still need some time to gather the sage chakra and do a reverse summoning with the scroll. What if someone destroys the scroll during battle? Maybe like Sasuke's ultimate fire dragon jutsu.

Patriot
Sat, 01-31-2009, 12:10 AM

Read one above your post and you'll see I'm quoting my self saying how I called that a long time ago...Bow to me is what I am saying ... :)

poopdeville
Sat, 01-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Can the kage bunshin make more kage bunshin?

Pandadice
Sat, 01-31-2009, 03:18 AM
thats a good question. and also, do the kage bunshins have souls? i'm pretty sure they aren't all just controlled by the main one, right? they all just have the same mentality, so they think the exact same. but that raises the question, if naruto created a kage bunshin, and he sent it out to do whatever, and it ended up going and killing someone, but then it like disappears or whatever, would naruto be guilty for the murder even though the real one wasn't in control of it?

and by killing someone i don't mean a ninja, obviously. i mean like he kills some innocent woman or something.

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-31-2009, 12:45 PM

We don't know when he got it, but he used it to hide inside Manda and teleport somewhere (snake realm I'm guessing) to avoid getting hit by Deidara's final bomb.

Archangel
Sat, 01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Wasn't that more Manda's ability than his own?

All he did was summon it

darkshadow
Sat, 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
summon, unsummon, summon.... hardly space/time... Well summoning jutsu might be a space type jutsu but anyone can do a summon, nothing special.

darkmetal505
Sat, 01-31-2009, 02:18 PM
He teleported them:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/14/

As we learned from this chap, you can summon the animal, but it is more difficult to summon other things from the realm or send the animal back with you inside of its mouth.

UChessmaster
Sat, 01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
If that's the case, then he's used 3 rasen-shurikens in his second sage mode.

One of those 3 was just a henge, that one doesn`t count.

darkshadow
Sat, 01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
He teleported them:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/14/

As we learned from this chap, you can summon the animal, but it is more difficult to summon other things from the realm or send the animal back with you inside of its mouth.

Uhm no, he summoned manda, went inside him, then unsummoned, or reverse summon or whatever, him, bringing("flying") him and manda back to whatever space manda dwells in, but he was too late and manda took most of the hit and died cause of it, after the explosion past, manda was simply summoned again.

One of those 3 was just a henge, that one doesn`t count.

He meant that in reply that a double rasengan counts as 1 rasenshuriken, making it effectively 3.

digitalrurouni
Sun, 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM

And if he does get them, i want to see this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/10/) again

I hope they animate all that :)

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM
i'll second that... I wonder if what their plans for kakashi gaiden are for the animated world. a 90-minute movie could be awesome... alot better than other filler material movies.

Vegechan
Mon, 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
That's what annoys me most over the filler. They still have some canon they could animate that is semi-important to the story...

Archangel
Mon, 02-02-2009, 11:11 PM
They still have over 100 chapters to animate even if you don't count the kakashi gaiden arc, vegechan

enkoujin
Mon, 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Actually, in a couple chapters back where Kakashi has a moment of epiphany and to concurrent conditions, his questionable state of his well-being, the Kakashi Gaiden Arc is likely to be animated because it must somehow relate to his vision.

Uberbaka
Tue, 02-03-2009, 04:34 AM
Let's see...

There are 433 chapters out and they stopped the non-filler storyline at 343 that's 90 chapters.

Assuming a nice rate of 2.5 chapters they have (36+14+5+2=) 57 episodes worth of material, counting chapters that will be released during that time and assuming there's a steady rate of one a week. Oh, plus Kakashi Gaiden.

That's what? Roughly 14 months worth of non-broken, non-fillered and well paced naruto? They're not as far ahead as I though they were... but still.

At some point the manga will hopefully end and then I guess they'll know how to balance it out for blazing through it..

Patriot
Wed, 02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Lets see,

Well actually if you take the formula,

5i + 7i = i * (5 + 7) = 12i
4i - 3i = i * (4 - 3) = i
4i * 2i = -8
6i / 2i = 3
1 / i = -i

Assuming they don't release any new chapters,

and then use Pi as a variance to the equation, I think there are actually 14.25 months of non broken, non fillered and well paced naruto left. But I forgot my calculator in my other pocket protector so if you could check my math that would be great. :)

Dansetsu
Wed, 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Lets see,

Well actually if you take the formula,

5i + 7i = i * (5 + 7) = 12i
4i - 3i = i * (4 - 3) = i
4i * 2i = -8
6i / 2i = 3
1 / i = -i

Assuming they don't release any new chapters,

and then use Pi as a variance to the equation, I think there are actually 14.25 months of non broken, non fillered and well paced naruto left. But I forgot my calculator in my other pocket protector so if you could check my math that would be great. :)

You guys do realize that within that time frame, Naruto has about a year to become a Kage right? That is just not going to happen.

Uberbaka
Wed, 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
How long did it take him to get his last powerup which put him on the level of the strongest fighter we've seen in action so far?

Who knows there might even be another time skip...

Dansetsu
Wed, 02-04-2009, 09:06 PM
How long did it take him to get his last powerup which put him on the level of the strongest fighter we've seen in action so far?

Who knows there might even be another time skip... That would have to be huge 5-10 year time skip for him to really become that strong.

Sidnne
Wed, 02-04-2009, 09:48 PM
That would have to be huge 5-10 year time skip for him to really become that strong.

To become how strong? Strong enough to be a Kage?

You don't think he is there yet? Gaara is a kage. Do you think Gaara is stronger than Naruto? Naruto is fighting Pein (all of his bodies) one on one and winning so far; something Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, hell the entire village of Konoha, couldn't do.

At this point in the story, based on what we've seen from Naruto in the last few chapters, who do we know that is stronger than Naruto right now?

Archangel
Wed, 02-04-2009, 10:03 PM

You don't think he is there yet? Gaara is a kage. Do you think Gaara is stronger than Naruto? Naruto is fighting Pein (all of his bodies) one on one and winning so far; something Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, hell the entire village of Konoha, couldn't do.

At this point in the story, based on what we've seen from Naruto in the last few chapters, who do we know that is stronger than Naruto right now?

Aww you ruined it Sidnne

I was enjoying the amount of stupidity in the latest posts, they were a good lol

Uberbaka
Thu, 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Big question is: How strong is Madara?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 02-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Strong enough to be labelled King of the Undead.

Patriot
Thu, 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I think someone mistook my mathematical calculations as real... But yeah, Naruto is on a omg hax level, but what we are going to find out is how much of a hax level is Pein on, and then Madara. The question is not, is Naruto strong enough to be Hokage, But as Hokage or not, is his powerup strong enough to defeat Pein/Madara. And lets see how strong Sasuke is to boot. But it would be interesting to see how everyone would do a power ranking. They way they want you to believe it is suppose to be like this,

1. Pein
2. Naruto
3. Sasuke
4. Madara

And really for number 5 you still have a few more Atasuke members kicking around, plus the 8 tails proved to be pretty strong, and his brother the Raikage seems to be on another level as well. I think if I were to do a top 10 power ranking, as of chapter 433 it would have to be something like this...

1. Pein
2. Raikage (8 tails brother)
3. 8 tails
4. Naruto
5. Madara
6. Sasuke
7. Hokage (Granny Tsunde)
8. Kakashi
9 Atisuki member
10. Atisuki member

However, based on the story line and what we are suppose to believe it should be more like this,

1. Madara
2. Pein
3. Sasuke
4. Naruto
5. Raikage
6. 8 tails
7. Atasuki member
8. Kakashi

But I am sure, that the Pein fight can't end here. I'm interested in other people's power rankings...

Sidnne
Thu, 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
And really for number 5 you still have a few more Atasuke members kicking around, plus the 8 tails proved to be pretty strong, and his brother the Raikage seems to be on another level as well. I think if I were to do a top 10 power ranking, as of chapter 433 it would have to be something like this...

1. Pein
2. Raikage (8 tails brother)
3. 8 tails
4. Naruto
5. Madara
6. Sasuke
7. Hokage (Granny Tsunde)
8. Kakashi
9 Atisuki member
10. Atisuki member

However, based on the story line and what we are suppose to believe it should be more like this,

1. Madara
2. Pein
3. Sasuke
4. Naruto
5. Raikage
6. 8 tails
7. Atasuki member
8. Kakashi

But I am sure, that the Pein fight can't end here. I'm interested in other people's power rankings...

I think you hit a new record for number of different ways to mess up the spelling of Akatsuki in a single post. :P

I think threads about who people think is the strongest already exist, though I don't know how long its been since anyone has posted in them. You might find one of those and give it a little update through the current chapter if you are interesting in discussing power rankings further.

darkshadow
Thu, 02-05-2009, 03:37 PM

To be fair, jiraiya was winning aswell, against 6 peins, he made a mistake which killed him, naruto has been fighting 4 peins, with sage mode and 3 summons, thats basically 6 on 4, plus god realm pein was without his god realm power, making it nearly 6 on ... 3.5.

Gaara outclassed Deidara in every way, but he lost cause he did what a kage is supposed to do, defend the village ( from a nuke ).

Archangel
Thu, 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Not to mention Naruto had the huge advantage of knowing their numbers and abilities

Yukimura
Thu, 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
The situational differences between Naruto vs Pain and Garaa vs Deidara are far too significant to brush them off and simplify things to Naruto ~= Pain; Pain > Diedara ; Diedara ~= Garaa therefore Naruto > Garaa.

In any case, Naruto came into this fight knowing many of Pein's abilities giving him a significant advantage over Jiraiya who had to figure them out mid-battle. Even without the benefit of foreknowledge what ended up killing Jiraiya was that one of Pain's abilities was to revive bodies stabbed through the heart with giant swords which Jiraiya didn't anticipate and thus couldn't counter effectively. Would Jiraiya have still died if he had done a better job of destroying the bodies and hadn't let his guard down. Maybe, maybe not, but since he did let his guard down and got owned we'll never know.

Similarly, Tsunade sent the bulk of her energy into healing Konoha citizens and was interrupted so it's hard to gauge how effective she would have been against Pain in a protracted battle. From what we've seen I don't know that she could pull it off, but I don't think we've seen everything she can do either so I wouldn't make a judgment on it.

Naruto already knows several stages of Pain's fighting patterns and he's prepped specifically to deal with them (much like Ino-Shika-Cho prepped to deal with Hidan and Kakuzu after learning about their abilities). I doubt the fight we're seeing now in any way resembles the fight we'd be seeing if Naruto hadn't received the intel the frogs and Jiraiya collected on Pain.

Dansetsu
Thu, 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
To be fair, jiraiya was winning aswell, against 6 peins, he made a mistake which killed him, naruto has been fighting 4 peins, with sage mode and 3 summons, thats basically 6 on 4, plus god realm pein was without his god realm power, making it nearly 6 on ... 3.5.

Gaara outclassed Deidara in every way, but he lost cause he did what a kage is supposed to do, defend the village First of all, Gaara wasn't someone to take lightly. He could just wave his hands around and commanded tidal waves of power through dirt. Also, because of the same "dirt" he was always protected. The only connection the two have is being sons of past kages in their respective towns. That's it. So even trying to compare the two is idiotic. Gaara probably didn't even know basic ninjutsu simply because he didn't have too. The priests spirit and the sand did all the work for him.

I still don't know why people respect this Naruto kid. He hangs out with frogs for godssake. Isn't that a bit odd to anyone? Anyway. Naruto isn't someone to take lightly now either, but he has had some MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR help from those giant giant frogs. Yes he knew what to do with them, but Pain only needed other bodies. And no, I don't consider Pains bodies a form of help. They're just an extension of himself, with another Akatsuki coat on them. If anything, they're just spread out pieces of jutsu amongst 6 other bodies. They all don't know how to summon animals. They all can't absorb jutsu based attacks. Only the big guy can. I honestly think that it's still to early for Naruto to become strong. Way too early.

Another thing is that, pain isn't something same old same old. This is Kishi's best character design over all. From piercings being used as the chakra antennas, to the splitting up of the jutsus and skills through the six bodies. It's fucking brilliant. Blond fuck head is just getting help from his dads old buddies and a whole kind of chakra. Which I think is one of Kishi's worst ideas. Eventually, he would suck the trees and rocks and animals dry with a long enough fight. It isn't endless. He'll start killing nature around him too.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Even Pain used summons. Why is it "help" when Naruto uses it?

Way too early for Naruto to become strong? I really hope you mean the extremely fast rate he learned sage mode, since before that, he sucked for the longest time and everyone was wishing for him to stop doing so.

EDIT: Removed the insult, as true as it may be.

Patriot
Thu, 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Woah, what's with all the name calling, I thought we were all friends here... (new to the forums not the internet lol...)

I'm dying to get the next chapter out, so I can see how Pein will react, questions is, with sage mode how many defensive techs did Naruto learn if any... and what can he use against god realm that doesn't blow them all away...I just have this feeling that something huge is about to happen again...

Cant WAIT!!!

enkoujin
Thu, 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
The only connection the two have is being sons of past kages in their respective towns. That's it. So even trying to compare the two is idiotic. Gaara probably didn't even know basic ninjutsu simply because he didn't have too. The priests spirit and the sand did all the work for him.

How could you not compare Gaara and Naruto? They both fought evenly at their battles, and their match is considered one of Naruto's rightful winning battles. Both characters serve as vessels for their respective Jinchuuriki and have been at one period in their lives suffered the burden and outcast by the other villagers in their village. Gaara serves as a juxtaposed character to Naruto as possibility in how Naruto would have become (insane, and unable to realize Tamari and Kankuro's anguished love), had he not met Iruka, and Team Seven. Gaara now represents one of those touched by Naruto's spirit and change that results in the contemporary Gaara we have now - an appreciated Kage instead of a societal "monster".

I still don't know why people respect this Naruto kid.

Unfortunately, your ignorance cannot be surpassed with this greatest statement, whether the context is with the anime or manga viewers or the villagers in the village. Let me just state the obvious:

1. He's the protagonist. Hence the title, "Naruto".
2. He's the shounen boy who has the power to surpass everyone with hard work despite being looked down upon by other characters. The audience can familiarize with Naruto's character because he's the kind of character who can show people up for underestimating him.
3. Even if he had help from his comrades, or if most of his opponents were weakened previously to his presence, he still defeated him. It's like saying that even if Haku sacrificed himself to save Zabuza, Kakashi still killed him. I don't see anyone complaining about this, so why Naruto?
4. He has the power to change lives with his philosophy. I believe a recent US President may have similar characteristics with this one, and a landslide majority of the population voted in his favour.
5. He's Yondaime's son. Yondaime is a prodigy, so many would expect great potential in Naruto himself. Contrasting to this is the White Fang and Kakashi. White Fang was a ninja genius, and Kakashi is now as well.
6. During the Chuunin exam, Naruto had equally fought Neji and won. Even up until now, the Hyuuga clan is considered a noble clan with a desirable bloodline, and Neji is a prime example of their clan's skill and during this time, was considered a "genius". He is now a Jounin while everyone else are Chuunins.
7. Etc.

He hangs out with frogs for godssake. Isn't that a bit odd to anyone?

Poor argument. I am quite sure that no one thought that it was odd how Jiraiya "hangs out" with frogs before or how Kakashi talks to Pakkun (the dog). These frogs are supernatural consciences that provide spiritual and power increments to Naruto's strength.

but he has had some MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR help from those giant giant frogs.

Manda (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/12/). Had Sasuke not used Manda to substitute his place, Sasuke would have died. I would consider that too as well as "MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR help".

but Pain only needed other bodies. And no, I don't consider Pains bodies a form of help. They're just an extension of himself, with another Akatsuki coat on them. If anything, they're just spread out pieces of jutsu amongst 6 other bodies. They all don't know how to summon animals.

Sounds close to Naruto's signature move, eh?

They all can't absorb jutsu based attacks. Only the big guy can.

Seems more like a disadvantage on how one person is a specialized shield while Naruto's shadow clones can all be a shield in a way.

I honestly think that it's still to early for Naruto to become strong. Way too early.

It's been 433 chapters. How long do you want to wait until Naruto begins to be, in your standards, to be "strong"? Another year? Another five years? I'm sorry, your majesty, maybe ten years may cater to your tastes as a good transition for Naruto to be "strong" and to be at an equivalence with Sasuke or Madara. How stronger can Naruto get? From the recent display of excellent battle tactics, it is clear to us that Naruto does know how to fight at a decent level now. He's outwitting Pain, the leader of the Rain Village, and the pseudo-Akatsuki leader with basic transformation techniques.

Another thing is that, pain isn't something same old same old. This is Kishi's best character design over all. From piercings being used as the chakra antennas, to the splitting up of the jutsus and skills through the six bodies. It's fucking brilliant.

Personal opinion, doesn't add to argument.

Blond fuck head is just getting help from his dads old buddies and a whole kind of chakra. Which I think is one of Kishi's worst ideas. Eventually, he would suck the trees and rocks and animals dry with a long enough fight. It isn't endless. He'll start killing nature around him too.

Your arguments present a number of contradictions to the Naruto universe and effectively "destructure" your own arguments. Isn't Pain, "Kishi's best character design", just getting help from Jiraiya [his sensei]'s old opponents [buddies] and a whole kind of chakra [chakra emitting-antenna receiving waves] (plus, not to mention the Jinchuuriki chakra you failed to realize yourself in regards to Gaara and Naruto).

tl;dr - I am tired of seeing your terrible anti-Naruto arguments, and so are many people. Your ignoramus-like atttitude prevents you from comprehending the actual character of Naruto whilst being impressed by those characters and villains who are very comparable in nature. How many teams spawned out of the academy? And how many of those actual thirty [uncertain] individuals became above Jounin-rank levels who are able to wreak absolute havoc and destruction? Naruto and Sasuke, that's who!

Archangel
Thu, 02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Woah, what's with all the name calling, I thought we were all friends here... (new to the forums not the internet lol...)

Maybe he's tired of reading dansetsus shit posts? God knows i am...

Who's this enkoujin kid? I like him

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Enjokin came out like Konohamaru and layed the smackdown from out of nowhere. Goddamn. Welcome to the forums man.

edit: Enkoujin, my bad, don't hurt me!

Abdula
Fri, 02-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Excuse me but I'm going to have to butt in here. First off all welcome to the forum Enkoujin. If you keep this up you might actually get me interested in Naruto again and I'm sure we'll be the best of friends. Secondly I'm not sure what you think this is but this is an anime forum, your entire post is nothing but personal opinion and conjecture and personal opinion being what it is there are always people who are going to disagree. Case in point,

They both fought evenly at their battles, and their match is considered one of Naruto's rightful winning battles.
I completely disagree with this. They didn't fight evenly and I don't consider Naruto to have won that match and its not just because of how lame Naruto was in that fight but because of how it ended. Both were completely out of chakra and too exhausted to even move, now unless you're Animeniax I won't really count that as a victory and I certainly don't. Same with Naruto's little battle with Kabuto but that is another story.

Both characters serve as vessels for their respective Jinchuuriki and have been at one period in their lives suffered the burden and outcast by the other villagers in their village. Gaara serves as a juxtaposed character to Naruto as possibility in how Naruto would have become (insane, and unable to realize Tamari and Kankuro's anguished love), had he not met Iruka, and Team Seven. Gaara now represents one of those touched by Naruto's spirit and change that results in the contemporary Gaara we have now - an appreciated Kage instead of a societal "monster".
I agree with you here about what Gaara represents but the nitpicker in me has got to say that Naruto didn't turn out the way he did because of Iruka. Naruto unlike Gaara didn't even know that he had a bijuu inside him, Naruto just assumed people treated him the way they did because he was an orphan and nobody liked him. Gaara on the other hand knew the entire story and he had to deal with the fact that it was his own father who was the source of his suffering and even turned the only person who Gaara loved and trusted against him. There is also the point that the Third hokage protected Naruto from having to go through what Gaara did. So Naruto isn't the way he is now just because of Iruka and not meeting an Iruka is not what made Gaara a monster, having that person try to kill him and having to kill that person is what did the trick. Really Naruto and Gaara are really just a reflection of the different philosophies of their respective villages.

Unfortunately, your ignorance cannot be surpassed with this greatest statement, whether the context is with the anime or manga viewers or the villagers in the village. Let me just state the obvious:

2. He's the shounen boy who has the power to surpass everyone with hard work despite being looked down upon by other characters. The audience can familiarize with Naruto's character because he's the kind of character who can show people up for underestimating him.
3. Even if he had help from his comrades, or if most of his opponents were weakened previously to his presence, he still defeated him. It's like saying that even if Haku sacrificed himself to save Zabuza, Kakashi still killed him. I don't see anyone complaining about this, so why Naruto?
4. He has the power to change lives with his philosophy. I believe a recent US President may have similar characteristics with this one, and a landslide majority of the population voted in his favour.
5. He's Yondaime's son. Yondaime is a prodigy, so many would expect great potential in Naruto himself. Contrasting to this is the White Fang and Kakashi. White Fang was a ninja genius, and Kakashi is now as well.
6. During the Chuunin exam, Naruto had equally fought Neji and won. Even up until now, the Hyuuga clan is considered a noble clan with a desirable bloodline, and Neji is a prime example of their clan's skill and during this time, was considered a "genius". He is now a Jounin while everyone else are Chuunins.
7. Etc.

Ignorance huh. Well I'm pretty sure we all know Naruto's life story and listing it really doesn't help anything. Why I don't respect Naruto is quite simple because Kishimoto set the bar way too high and ever since the manga began I've been waiting, waiting and waiting for Naruto to be the ninja you expected him to be and he wasn't. Naruto is just too much gimmicks and gadgetry and with all that it still seemed like he was struggling to keep pace with every one despite all those things he has going for him and the way Kishimoto compensated for that is with more gimmicks and gadgetry. Keep in mind I'm not saying Naruto is all bad its just that Kishi has this way of doing things when it comes to Naruto's character and its really just become too much.

Manda (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/12/). Had Sasuke not used Manda to substitute his place, Sasuke would have died. I would consider that too as well as "MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR help".

Yes Sasuke had help no one is arguing that and I'm pretty sure Sasuke admitted that he probably would have died if not for Manda. Having help isn't a bad thing, the problem with Naruto is that he always has help and more importantly he always needs help. Whether its the Kyuubi giving him super human healing abilities and incredible stamina or using the Kyuubi to fight Haku and Neji or using the Kyuubi and Gamabunta to fight Gaara or having Kakashi, Jiraiya or Yamato there to stop him when he goes too far or having Kakashi and Yamato to free him when he got caught by Kakuzu or even in this battle here having the toads there to reverse summon his shadow clone for him so he can continue to fight. Point is Naruto always has help and he always needs help, whether its someone to assist him in battle, help him escape when he messes up and gets caught by the enemy or just to pull him back when he goes too far. Naruto always needs someone and I would just like see Naruto do it by himself for once and win just so I say to myself with a little confidence that Naruto, the son of the fourth, the host of the Kyuubi, the child of destiny, all that nonsense, can fight against a serious opponent by himself.

Sounds close to Naruto's signature move, eh?

Seems more like a disadvantage on how one person is a specialized shield while Naruto's shadow clones can all be a shield in a way.
This is getting long so we can get back to these sometime if you're interested.

It's been 433 chapters. How long do you want to wait until Naruto begins to be, in your standards, to be "strong"? Another year? Another five years? I'm sorry, your majesty, maybe ten years may cater to your tastes as a good transition for Naruto to be "strong" and to be at an equivalence with Sasuke or Madara. How stronger can Naruto get? From the recent display of excellent battle tactics, it is clear to us that Naruto does know how to fight at a decent level now. He's outwitting Pain, the leader of the Rain Village, and the pseudo-Akatsuki leader with basic transformation techniques.
That is the problem. It took far too long and its happening all too soon and whats even worse, its not consistent. In 260 Naruto takes out Itachi's clone and you begin to think he made some improvement, 10 chapters later Deidara is making a fool of him five chapters after that thanks to a massive assist by Kakashi he manages to look good again only to begin losing it and needing Kakashi's help. Then Oro makes a fool of him and he goes berserk and you think okay maybe he is not such a good ninja but if he can use the Kyuubi he will be a force to be reckoned with, then against Sasuke we see just how useless Naruto is without the Kyuubi. Also it always seems like Naruto is playing catch up. He needed the Kyuubi to make him stand out as a ninja because other than that he was nothing special certainly not on the level of Sasuke or Neji. He needed his wind rasengan so he would stand a chance against Sasuke, needs an entirely new type of chakra to take on Pain etc etc. Its one thing to need a powerup to defeat some massively overpowered villian i.e. Pain but Naruto seems to need a new power up for every single opponent he faces.

Personal opinion, doesn't add to argument.

Like I said its all personal opinion. Besides it doesn't change the fact that he is right. Pain, Itachi, Orochimaru are all great characters and they are perfect examples of what Kishi does best. Naruto, Sakura and Ino on the other hand.

Your arguments present a number of contradictions to the Naruto universe and effectively "destructure" your own arguments. Isn't Pain, "Kishi's best character design", just getting help from Jiraiya [his sensei]'s old opponents [buddies] and a whole kind of chakra [chakra emitting-antenna receiving waves] (plus, not to mention the Jinchuuriki chakra you failed to realize yourself in regards to Gaara and Naruto).
Okay no doubting Dansetsu's posts are idiotic and I've no doubt he is just another one of conquistaDan's/docdan's cleverly named alternative accounts but come on, the Naruto universe is a contradiction to the Naruto universe

tl;dr - I am tired of seeing your terrible anti-Naruto arguments, and so are many people. Your ignoramus-like atttitude prevents you from comprehending the actual character of Naruto whilst being impressed by those characters and villains who are very comparable in nature. How many teams spawned out of the academy? And how many of those actual thirty [uncertain] individuals became above Jounin-rank levels who are able to wreak absolute havoc and destruction? Naruto and Sasuke, that's who!
Did I really see too long didn't read, considering the length of your post that is hilarious.

Speaking of which this one is long enough as is, props to anyone who read the entire thing you're a real trooper. Spelling and/or grammatical errors will have to be corrected another time..

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-06-2009, 07:50 AM
7. Etc.

welcome aboard, stay around the forums, we're seriously lacking people who write incredibly long essays with no provocation.

Abdula said most things, so I won't repeat him, I'll much rather refer to those 7 points.

1. what are you trying to prove with stating the obvious?
2. That was true (at some level) five years ago, the series lot the underdog card after the the hospital fight (which was awesome) and the sympathy when Kimimaru showed up. the power of hard work was lost somewhere earlier.

A. Underdog. it's nice to root for the underdog, but if somebody keeps being an underdog (and acting like one, losing the first fight and winning the rematch) after ten years, the audience stops seeing him as an inspiring figure and starts telling him to go look for a different job. that's why pokemon (among many other reasons) is a pile of junk.
If Naruto needs to shonen heart his way through every single fight, at this point of time (ten fuckin' years!) then it's time for him to quit. he ain't fit to be a hero.

B. Sympathy. the same, he stopped being a young and struggling version of ourselves, and is now simply the 30 something years old version of ourselves that keeps on failing and jumps from one big thing to the next, until he ultimately gives up and escapes to the happy land of Jack Daniels.

C. hard work? why bother? some jerk who happened to be born into a line of mega-fuckin' awesome ninjas with magic powers coming out the wazoo is going to own him any day of the week, not to mention that every character who wins a fight is a genius (or gifted) of some sort. Shika, Neji, Kakashi, when did someone who wasn't a mega-rookie win a fight without revealing a new secret about his resolution?
Kankaru and Temari, that's when.

3. how are those two related? Haku was willing to give his life to help Zabuza, so in theory, even if Zabuza would have won, he would still pay a price for that win (loss of his BFF!), Naruto never had to walk on the pavement made of his friends graves. that's why when shikmaru won we were cheering on him, and whenever chouji appears, we try to imagine he's not there.
but that's not the point. I have no problem with Naruto fighting a weakend enemy and winning, it's just seems stupid that Naruto can't win a fight without having his enemy handicapped. Naruto wants to be tough? then he should win a surprise fight, against previously unknown enemies, and without calling for some help. it's the big league now, get serious, or get out.

4. Naruto = Barak Obama? who's life did he change recently? Sai?
Sai doesn't matter, he had no substance as a character, and other than being openly gay, he has no point. I'm all in for changing other people's mind with fists, but still, what may work in the first part of the story, won't work ten fuckin' years into the story. it's time for Naruto to change his record, get some grip on the world and re-arrange his values. start listening to others, and make a stand against people, why can't he call on Sasuke's assholeness? the guy works with the person who's trying to destroy the universe, he almost got five of his friends killed, he left the village to joint he person who killed the village's father figure. what more is needed for Naruto to ball up and make a stand.
besides, we didn't get one worthy backstory since Gaara and Neji.

5. Back to the hard work argument... while this was highly anticipated, I hated the fact the Naruto is the son of the hokage, since it goes under the premise of the story. Naruto is no longer the lonely person who becomes a great person through his own will, he got turned into the stolen prince that must be returned to his kingdom through the winds of destiny, and god damn anyone who says otherwise.

6. Hyuuga clan? half decent? hardly. their master secrets were figured out by a 13 years old, and that still didn't help him much. saying that the hyuuga are powerful is like saying Iruka is tough. it's pointless, relies on no serious evidence, and it actually goes against what we were shown before. can the hyuuga clan live forever? nope, so they aren't as strong as the sharingan jerks. can they master any form of power that exists and permanently manipulate the bodies of others? no? so they probably aren't better than the Ringan. can it at least grow extra limbs out of the user? it can't? so it's actually less than Kimimaru's genepool... well, then it probably can control the powers of one of the great demon beasts, right?
Point.

7. etc? what does that mean?

welcome, emojin, it's going to be a blast,

(don't worry, I'm this bashful towards just about anyone).

poopdeville
Sun, 02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I completely disagree with this. They didn't fight evenly and I don't consider Naruto to have won that match and its not just because of how lame Naruto was in that fight but because of how it ended. Both were completely out of chakra and too exhausted to even move, now unless you're Animeniax I won't really count that as a victory and I certainly don't. Same with Naruto's little battle with Kabuto but that is another story.

Naruto won that fight. It might not have been clean, but he won, since he was able to stop Gaara from achieving his goal and murdering everybody. Who cares if he ran out of chakra at the end? He wasn't even using a whole tail's worth of chakra.

Naruto got his way, and Gaara didn't. That makes Naruto the winner.