PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 386

Marik
Mon, 01-26-2009, 02:04 AM
[yibis]​ One​ Piece​ 386​ - 720p (http://tracker.yibis.com/torrents/%5Byibis%5D_One_Piece_386_%5B720p%5D%5B4A57EFF1%5D .mkv.torrent) | 400p (http://tracker.yibis.com/torrents/%5Byibis%5D_One_Piece_386_%5B400p%5D%5B9162F098%5D .avi.torrent)

[SogekingU] One Piece 386 - HD (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=18922) | SD (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=18921)

Assertn
Mon, 01-26-2009, 04:32 AM
ugh...more QC notes in the subtitles....

This episode had a lot of dialog to push through...it felt a little rushed to me, which also made the jokes a little flat. Its unfortunate, cause I thought the scenes were hilarious in the manga.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Hmm, so they've brought back a secondary villain from a really old arc eh...I hope thats a precursor to seeing Arlong again. I'd love to see Nami kick his ass.

Also, mysterious villain that hates the strawhats.

He's freakin huge though, I don't recognize him. Thought maybe Don Krieg at first, but he's too big to be him even.

Kraco
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I like how consistently Zoro is absent or otherwise absent-minded or only marginally interested when new characters are introduced. It suits his badass personality perfectly.

Assertn
Mon, 01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I like how Luffy asks everyone if they poop

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Not everyone.

Just the ones you aren't really sure. I mean, does a skeleton poop? Cayme doesn't wear pants but she doesn't have an ass. Does she poop?! We have to know!

Archangel
Mon, 01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I mean, does a skeleton poop? Cayme doesn't wear pants but she doesn't have an ass. Does she poop?! We have to know!

Do we? Do we really?

So... the octopus is a good guy now?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Was he ever really a badguy? He was really more of a dumbass. It's like that Priest Gedatsu in skypia. They're more comic relief villains than they are actually menacing villains.

Oniken
Tue, 01-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Alot of manga/animes do the bad guy turns good guy thing, especially One Piece. I can see the Skyfish Riders being the same and cheering Luffy on during the big fights etc. About the big masked guy, I still don't know who he is and I thought maybe Arlong too but this guys got human skin. One thing I thought of was maybe it being Axe Hand Morgan (Similiar build, metal face etc) or maybe a beefed up Ironfist Fullbody. I dunno if we'll find out next episode either by the looks of things, they're gonna milk this for a while I bet.

Kraco
Tue, 01-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Usually villains aren't villains just for the sake of being evil. In One Piece they are usually megalomaniacs or simple greedy bastards, and the underlings of such characters. Of course there are a few exceptions like Moria and the former lord of Chopper's island. So, the bosses aside, it's perfectly natural the underlings aren't necessarily evil at all beyond having followed an evil person.

However, aren't the skyfish riders slavers? I'm not sure such people will be made good even by One Piece...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
What? You mean the caring sensitive plantation owner isn't a very popular character archetype?

or maybe a beefed up Ironfist Fullbody.Isn't he one of the underlings for that female marine captain thats always talking with Smoker now?

Archangel
Tue, 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
We shouldn't be assuming that it's Luffy he's after

Since i don't seem to recognize the design, it mights be one of Zoro's enemies from his "Pirate hunter" days.

Kraco
Tue, 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Dunno. That seems like a long stretch. To drag somebody from ancient history not presented in the earlier parts of the story. It was perfectly appropriate for the beginning of the show because they simply didn't have yet defeated enemies, but I feel it would be strange now, unless for a filler. After all, such a villain wouldn't have any history.

Although to fight twice against the same man isn't necessarily the most interesting thing ever, but that may depend solely on the development of that particular opponent and the plot writing skills of the author (and there's no fear those skills would be lacking).

Oniken
Tue, 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
What? You mean the caring sensitive plantation owner isn't a very popular character archetype?

Isn't he one of the underlings for that female marine captain thats always talking with Smoker now?

Think so, who knows what people are upto now. It could be Buggy for all I know and the mask is there to cover his massive red nose :D

Archangel
Tue, 01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Think so, who knows what people are upto now. It could be Buggy for all I know and the mask is there to cover his massive red nose :D

Only if he went on a steroid only diet while he was gone O_o

Assertn
Tue, 01-27-2009, 11:50 PM
However, aren't the skyfish riders slavers? I'm not sure such people will be made good even by One Piece...
The Arlong pirates enslaved Nami's home town. How's that different?

Kraco
Wed, 01-28-2009, 02:23 AM
So, are you expecting Arlong or any of his underlings with half a brain to become good characters any time soon? Hachi himself was even helping Zoro before his boss told he's an enemy... That tells something about how wicked he personally was. He was just too stupid to forge his own fate and thus was following Arlong.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Maybe he's after Brook. I mean, we don't know who gave Brook his scar yet do we?

I honestly think they've only given us half of Brook's backstory. His history with the Rumbar pirates. But I think his backstory goes before even that. Why does a musician know some kind of royal guard sword technique in the first place?

Raven
Wed, 01-28-2009, 06:51 AM
He erased it! He just... erased his memory!

With the slight image of a metal jaw my initial thought was Axe Hand Morgan but it's really too big to be him. I don't think it's too crazy to think it's someone we haven't met yet - we don't know which Straw Hat member "screwed up his life", it could be any of them.

Archangel
Wed, 01-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe he's after Brook. I mean, we don't know who gave Brook his scar yet do we?

I honestly think they've only given us half of Brook's backstory. His history with the Rumbar pirates. But I think his backstory goes before even that. Why does a musician know some kind of royal guard sword technique in the first place?

How would he know that Brook had joined the strawhat pirates?

poopdeville
Wed, 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
How would he know that Brook had joined the strawhat pirates?
Time travel?

Maybe Raftel is that island from Lost.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-01-2009, 06:23 PM
WTF SPOILARZ?!?!