PDA

View Full Version : Game: Killzone 2

darkshadow
Tue, 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6859/killzone2boxarttg5.jpg

Well the game is almost upon us, only ~1 month remaining, so I thought I would share a little making of/behind the scenes at Guerilla games.
It's in dutch, but its subbed in english ;)

http://www.gamekings.tv/index/videos/minidocu-the-company-behind-killzone-2-full-version-subbed/

darkshadow
Tue, 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Well I got it today, prolly won't play it though, not enough time today.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8615/wewth.jpg

animus
Tue, 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Lucky you. Won't be out in the states until Thursday I think.

Stitch
Tue, 02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
It won't be out in the US until Friday.

It's the best looking console game. I want Animeniax to try to refute that so I can blow his ass up with image/gifs.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM
It won't be out in the US until Friday.

It's the best looking console game. I want Animeniax to try to refute that so I can blow his ass up with image/gifs.

If you're looking for a reason to post pics, this dedicated thread should be enough.

If you're looking for a fight to beat Ani in....do whatever you want.

Btw, it comes out here in ~12hrs.

Animeniax
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Stitch and my bunghole don't mix, much as that might disappoint him/her.

Killzone is overrated, same as the PS3. Who cares about the graphics if the game runs like shit.

Psyke
Wed, 02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
I've played through the demo a few times and it seems pretty good, except for a few control issues but it's probably just myself getting used to FPS games. So guys, this or SF4?

Stitch
Wed, 02-25-2009, 08:01 AM
I've played through the demo a few times and it seems pretty good, except for a few control issues but it's probably just myself getting used to FPS games. So guys, this or SF4?

Get Killzone 2 and play it on easy until you're good enough to play it on normal, and so on. You will love it.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Well I actually did play it somewhat, and even thought it looks really good for a console game, it loses some of that in the cutscenes, you can spot all these low res textures and such, overall I still think Gears 2 looks better.

It controls a lot better then the demo though, by default its far more responsive now.
It also feels really great to shoot someone, the impacts are really there, though its IMPOSSIBLE to fire an assault rifle holding down the trigger, even when you are just 3 meters away from someone, you will miss like crazy. You will need to get used to fire in burst.
Though if you get down, it just feels awesome rushing and storming down the enemies, who needs a cover system ;P.
So far I think its really good.

darkshadow
Fri, 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Well I just finished it, very short but pretty solid game, last section reminded me a lot of the last section of halo2, but still pretty cool. Prolly try the multiplayer in the weekend.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
There's no local-multiplayer is there?

darkshadow
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
if you are talking about splitscreen, then no, if you are talking about a match with 16 bots, then yes.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I was talking about splitscreen.....damn :(

Paulyboy
Mon, 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I actually got it yesterday, game is pretty good. The control sensitivity reminds me of Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2. But yah you have to get used to burst because the aiming is a bit hard and also rushing does seem bad ass, because I did the 1st level with knives only except when you have to destroy the tanks. My PSN ID is paulxp2k so add me! Or tell me whats yours.

animus
Thu, 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Game's been pretty good. Aiming and control sensitivity take a bit to get used to.

In the MP though, there needs to be games seperated by rank or something. Having the opposing teams full of scouts or soldiers with rocket launchers is quite annoying.

Stitch
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM
In the MP though, there needs to be games seperated by rank or something.

Not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean what I think you mean, then you can set an option to only search for games to join with players of similar level of experience. That should keep scouts, etc. out of your hair.

gos27
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:36 PM
this games brilliant ! the movements a bit sluggish but it just takes getting used to.. online is very short .. takes less than 20 hours to get to the last rank !

Marik
Sat, 03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Yay, patch time.

UPDATE; The patch (1.20) has been released, it is 16MB, full list of changes below;

Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
Stability issue regarding Saboteur’s disguise ability resolved.
Stability fix on ‘Creating game’ with a blank name.
Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
The Ignore list functionality corrected.
Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on www.killzone.com.
Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
Controller input tweaks and modifications.
Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode

darkshadow
Sat, 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah I got that patch pretty much instantly when I got the game, so I never noticed if something was wrong online.