PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 431

Marik
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:19 AM
MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?tg9tmb2ncib) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyrx6s) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/431/01/)

New release.

unandpw
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Katsuyu's a guy? :confused:

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Damn...Naruto lays the smackdown, with authority. Never thought I'd see the day he starts out a fight that way.

Rikudo
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Damn...Naruto lays the smackdown, with authority. Never thought I'd see the day he starts out a fight that way.

Exactly, Its going a little too smooth for me. Naruto got a hax power up and god pain is still trying to recover.

And Kakashi out of chakra = dead?! It might be true, Naruto surpassing him could be a tell tale sign.

Idealistic
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Double spirits bombs ftw. Actually, ftl in this case.

Damn... Kakashi really dead!?!?!?! :(

Sidnne
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Awesome chapter.

But, I guess our hopes of Naruto forming the rasengan without a clone were a bit premature. That's disappointing. He should be able to do that considering how strong he seems to be now.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:34 AM
I still dont believe he's really dead....

What a serious badass chapter though, dual giant rasengans... fuck yes. im expecting to see one rasenshuriken in each hand next.

tsunade got real old lookin... might have a new hokage sooner than we thought.

rockmanj
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Maybe he used the clones to like quickly amplify its power. In any case, its still pwnage.

Tyreal
Fri, 01-16-2009, 03:25 AM
He still might be able to do an ordinary ransegan one handed. He only created two clones to help him make two giant ransegans. Previously he had to use 3 clones just make a medium sized one.

Uberbaka
Fri, 01-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Katsuyu's a guy? :confused:
Many/most slug like creatures are both genders ;]

Nice chapter, Kakashi seems dead (as Naruto can now feel disturbances in the forc... Uhm, nevermind)

Tsunade quickly running out of chakra due to all the healing as predicted.. Who knows, at the level of this fight and the punishment going around this might end Pain, then there's only Akatsuki remnants, Sasuke and Kabutoro storylines to tie up and we're finally free? =p

Too bad the anime won't catch up for another 5 years at the rate they're going at.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 06:03 AM
lol I guess if you read a bunch of other weekly mangas you might feel freed but I hope this keeps on going as long as it can stay interesting.

Raven
Fri, 01-16-2009, 06:13 AM
I don't believe Kakashi's dead, it'd be too obvious. He'll survive somehow, just like with the suicide pills and the hole in the heart.

Naruto clearly has pressed IDDQD for this fight. Hax!

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Man this is pure awesome. Naruto stopped a giant summon with bare hands, made 2 Rasengans and gave those to the clones. Plus he took out another body just like that.

Awesome!

Paper
Fri, 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Nice chapter, I still don't understand how he manage to upgrade himself in 3days and didn't accomplish anything within the time jump, but anyways it was well put together I guess Pain is going to rely on his team rather than his summons since Naruto took them out in seconds :D. This chapter reminds me of bleach, when Ichigo pwns the lieutenants in soul society.

Have anyone notice the panel with Sakura and Tsuande, it seems Tsuande is losing so much chakra that she is ageing back to her current age.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/431/05/

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:04 AM
FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!

just to get it out of my system.
it's a guilty pleasure, but heck, after 400 chapters, it's fine to enjoy a senseless fight in which Naruto is actually winning, right?

heck, even the dbz influenced matrix punch gets a guest appearance!

my estimate: Kakashi lives, Tsunade dies.

but, just, one thing... how many times have we seen the last panel?
"I'm going to end this with my new jutsu!"
we've heard it about 20 times..

still, I can take around ten more chapters of naruto being awesome before rushing for plot-sense-making...

damn sweet chapter

Psyke
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Kakashi can't die yet. He's been set up for a return, with a backstory to tell (most likely related to his father or Obito). Unless of course Kishi plans to do that in another Gaiden.....

And Naruto most probably can do the Rasengan with 1 hand. Like what Tyreal mentioned, he only did that to create 2 Rasengans. As for the new move, it's based on bunshins for sure, but I'm hoping it won't be Rasengan related.

ian_sanzo
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Finally. Its about time for naruto to be able to fight like that. I've almost grew tired of him being pawned by everybody else. great chapter indeed.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Excellent chapter, even with the giant rasengans. Just how many Rasengans are there already? Lol.

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Been awhile since I really liked a Naruto chapter. And first time I've ever thought, damn Naruto might actually be a badass! It's probably gonna change next chapter anyways maybe, when he does something stupid or he gets his ass handed to him.

6Zabuza9
Fri, 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
While I did enjoy the chapter I personally don't like how Naruto's power up is so OP. As well I hate how everybody in the village looks so pathetic regardless of all the countless ninja's in the village that they all had to rely on Naruto.

itadakimasu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 10:52 AM
complete pwnage...

i think i'm in denial about kakashi's death. He didn't put up enough of a fight to justify dying.

Sidnne
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:10 PM

I must be getting old, because that went right over my head. Now, if you had said he pressed up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start... I'd be right there with ya.

I don't mind the Naruto power-up, because its long overdue. We have been hearing for years about how strong he was and how he would and has surpass this person and that person. We have been waiting to see it and now we finally do.

And just like was said in the last chapter's discussion, everything about this is screaming Goku on Namek. And I don't mind one bit.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
complete pwnage...

i think i'm in denial about kakashi's death. He didn't put up enough of a fight to justify dying.

I think that everyone is forgetting that at the begining of this arc Gaara was officially dead...

So Kakashi could be dead at this point, and then be brought back, stranger things have happened.

All in all, great to see Naruto tear up. Love the fact that he can use the Sage Chakra so well, ultimately he is going to be trumped somehow and someone will step in to help him.

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I think that everyone is forgetting that at the begining of this arc Gaara was officially dead...

So Kakashi could be dead at this point, and then be brought back, stranger things have happened.

All in all, great to see Naruto tear up. Love the fact that he can use the Sage Chakra so well, ultimately he is going to be trumped somehow and someone will step in to help him.

haha sakura naruto team with hinata watching from a dist =O revenge!

Abdula
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
DOOM!

Btw I just read the last 3 or so chapters and I'm very disappointed. Naruto is way too predictable its almost saddening.

Vegechan
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to say a couple things concerning the lack of development in Naruto's three years with Jiriyia and this current "3 day hax."

We did see development within those 3 years, however the results of his training were more dangerous than expected. Jiriyia tried to teach Naruto how to completely control the demon fox chakra, which god knows how long that took, but once he saw the results it was decided that it was a bad idea. What Naruto learned during those 3 years became forbidden to use in normal practice.

That being said, I believe no other ninja could have mastered the Sage technique even half as fast as Naruto did because of the unique training he's received in the past, including those three years. Naruto excels at chakra manipulation more than anything else, and after learning how to deal and blend chakra that isn't his own for so long, he became a natural learner for Sage mode.

I think Sage mode is the culmination of all of Naruto's training, and it all lead up to this.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I would like to think, that in addition to the demon training he did receive (you're totally right about that by the way), he also polished up on some of the things he was already good at. Namely sneak attacks and diversions.

Assertn
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Will you guys get over the 3-hand rasengan thing? Who cares that he needs a clone to do it? If he can create two rasengans with two clones while running at an enemy, then his efforts are better spent improving his other skills. Seriously.

I'm glad the frogs actually get to contribute to Naruto's fight.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Will you guys get over the 3-hand rasengan thing? Who cares that he needs a clone to do it? If he can create two rasengans with two clones while running at an enemy, then his efforts are better spent improving his other skills. Seriously.

I'm glad the frogs actually get to contribute to Naruto's fight.

I was thinking the same thing, having the frogs in it make it seem more epic in scale.

Sidnne
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:05 PM

And how did Gaara come back? An old person sacrificed their life and gave it to him.

That is the purpose old people tend to serve in these manga.

And who is now an old person? Tsunade.

We have been expecting her to die. Will it be in battle? Or will it be in sacrificing her life so Kakashi can live?

Dansetsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:14 PM

I'm glad the frogs actually get to contribute to Naruto's fight. So am I. But that was expected. I mean he trained in their land and knew Jiraiya and the frogs for a while now.

I don't think the rasengan creation is the issue for me. My issue is that he has to still make contact with someone to have it effectively be used. That's bull crap. If a nuke goes off (rasengan being the nuke in this context) then the plane the nuke drops down from doesn't have to nail the target. He can be off by like a few hundred feet or even meters for that matter. It'll still hit the target it was intended for, and deal massive amounts of damage to anyone in the area. The pilot doesn't need a target painted for him. Give him the city, the coordinates of the city and the city is toast. So long as the nuke isn't a dud, (which in Naruto's case unless it misses which has happened and will continue to unless Kishi does something about that) isn't ever a dud. I know I'm contradicting myself here, but let me explain myself.

1. It has a huge range of devastation.
2. It's a pure ball of chakra so if Kakuzu couldn't even stop it, and it tore through Kakashi's glove and burned his hand a little than I'm sure it's full proof.
3. Why if Naruto is a natural wind affinity, can't he start using other wind based attacks other than his new nuke? I mean double is good and all especially against Pains summons, but he it seems like he should be getting stronger with his wind element.

I mean why doesn't kishi have Naruto try and get good at some of the more fast maneuverable, useful moves? I don't see why not. Like this anbu member for example:

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000100072/09.jpg

Now that's an effective wind element based attack. That anbu could have been anywhere on that battlefield and have done that move with the same amount of power behind it as anywhere else he would've been standing. It's fast, powerful, and most of all unable to be dodged. Naruto has to rely on his arm getting stronger and stronger to throw it. And it's just much slower than the attack like the anbu used.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
The rasengans we've seen Naruto use are high damage, high destruction level, hand to hand/close range techniques. There is absolutely nothing wrong with such techniques as long as the fighter has the means to make it connect. Getting at that is like getting annoyed that your fist has to make contact with the opponent for it to have any effect. Or wishing your foot was a bullet instead. Kishimoto even fixed THAT for you all...

For all I care, I don't mind if he never gets a long range attack so long as he has multiple techniques and diversions to make his close range attacks work.

FireEmblem
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
By the way just wondering if anyone noticed how cool the way he used HIMSELF to make the rasengans was! I know you can't really tell how fast things happen just on panels alone, but it looks like he created those rasengans instantly! Because he started running right when the bunshins extended their hands to form them! That is pretty badass, if the kage bunshins for naruto have already evolved to the point where they can actually work together with his main body with such synchronization to actually rasengan two giant summons so quickly!

Slick chapter.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
! That is pretty badass, if the kage bunshins for naruto have already evolved to the point where they can actually work together with his main body with such synchronization to actually rasengan two giant summons so quickly!

Slick chapter.

well, the clones are basically him, and as long as he creates the clones after deciding what to do with them, you might as well congratulate him on being able to walk a straight line without falling.

if we end up seeing his clones jumping in and surprising naruto himself, then I'd be impressed.

12345p
Fri, 01-16-2009, 06:27 PM
We have been expecting her to die. Will it be in battle? Or will it be in sacrificing her life so Kakashi can live?

I differ in opinion. We haven't seen Sakura really surpass her teacher in everything yet. The time is not right for Tsunade to die.

As someone mentioned in a previous thread, I too would like to think that the cloak and/or the scroll are really bunshin clones gathering natural energy for Naruto's sage mode.

1337 chapter though. Best part is that no one can really say where manga is headed right now...

Sidnne
Fri, 01-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I differ in opinion. We haven't seen Sakura really surpass her teacher in everything yet. The time is not right for Tsunade to die.

As someone mentioned in a previous thread, I too would like to think that the cloak and/or the scroll are really bunshin clones gathering natural energy for Naruto's sage mode.

1337 chapter though. Best part is that no one can really say where manga is headed right now...

What makes you think Sakura is that important that we need to see her do anything?

Her purpose is a healer now. She heals and punches hard, which is about all we've seen Tsunade ever do. The only thing we've seen Tsunade do that we haven't seen Sakura do yet is summon Katsuyu.

For Tsunade, as the Hokage, the time IS right for her to die. Naruto's generation (and now even Konohamaru) are able to take on the responsibility of defending (and rebuilding) Konoha. It's time for her to die to pass on the "will of fire."

Dansetsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 07:26 PM
For Tsunade, as the Hokage, the time IS right for her to die. Naruto's generation (and now even Konohamaru) are able to take on the responsibility of defending (and rebuilding) Konoha. It's time for her to die to pass on the "will of fire." To who though? Kakashi is near death. Gai isn't up for it. Naruto isn't nearly ready and it isn't his time. Plus that's officially when the series would end. None of the Byakugan users would be decent enough for it. I mean lets face it. If she dies, even though sixth hokage would be up for grabs, no one is ready to take it on. In terms of leadership, strength, abilities as a ninja etc. No one. The only candidates I would see as a good person (for this particular hokage would be someone with a bloodline limit who has mastered it. We've had people with versatile users who are well balanced and that's been done before (ie the 3rd, the 4th). We need a limit user again like the first.

1. He controlled the demon beasts
2. He mastered his control
3. He could build entire forests and homes from his bloodline limit/wood jutsu.
4. He led an entire clan to birth a village.

Now that's someone worthy of becoming a hokage. The only people I can think of are all gone, or rebelled. There are no sharingan users left in the village, and Sasuke wants to destroy konoha not rebuild it. Like I said Byakugan users aren't leader types. They're sub leaders who fight well. Plus they're all taijutsi fighters and that just plain blows for becoming hokage. Even the fourth knew some other jutsus besides his yellow flash (which I still retain sucked because it was only really taijutsu after you break it down) And hokage has to know either a really wide variety of attacks or perfect his bloodline limit. And there isn't anyone there yet.

Raven
Fri, 01-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, it'd be Danzou(sp) who would take over, wouldn't it? All according to plan.

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I beleive 85% of the gotwoot population will get a hard on if tsunade dies... >_>

Dansetsu
Fri, 01-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, it'd be Danzou(sp) who would take over, wouldn't it? All according to plan. You mean Madara, hint hint lol. I don't know. If he does get it, then that will be a whole new different Konoha coming. I mean, what would he do with it? Butcher it's masses for a war he wants to start? Side with Pain and hand Naruto over? Become one of Pains right hand men and make an agreement with him? Actually, if he (sp) does get the village I can see that last one happening most likely. He'll probably end up forming a pact with Pain and the Akatsuki, (assuming that he isn't already Madara (sp) And this will most likely lead to Konoha not being touched by the "business" the Akatsuki plan to make out of using the beasts to wage war over other villages for profit.

Tyreal
Fri, 01-16-2009, 08:51 PM
(which I still retain sucked because it was only really taijutsu after you break it down)

No it wasn't it was a summoning jutsu if recall correctly. How is summoning taijutsu?

Assertn
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000100072/09.jpg

Now that's an effective wind element based attack. That anbu could have been anywhere on that battlefield and have done that move with the same amount of power behind it as anywhere else he would've been standing. It's fast, powerful, and most of all unable to be dodged. Naruto has to rely on his arm getting stronger and stronger to throw it. And it's just much slower than the attack like the anbu used.
Was it, though?

The summon barely reacted to it, meanwhile the same creature was sent flying from Naruto's rasengan.

Sidnne
Fri, 01-16-2009, 09:58 PM
To who though? Kakashi is near death.

As I said earlier, Tsunade's death could come from sacrificing herself to save Kakashi the way whats-her-face did with Gaara.

Gai isn't up for it. Naruto isn't nearly ready and it isn't his time. Plus that's officially when the series would end. None of the Byakugan users would be decent enough for it. I mean lets face it. If she dies, even though sixth hokage would be up for grabs, no one is ready to take it on. In terms of leadership, strength, abilities as a ninja etc. No one. The only candidates I would see as a good person (for this particular hokage would be someone with a bloodline limit who has mastered it. We've had people with versatile users who are well balanced and that's been done before (ie the 3rd, the 4th). We need a limit user again like the first.

1. He controlled the demon beasts
2. He mastered his control
3. He could build entire forests and homes from his bloodline limit/wood jutsu.
4. He led an entire clan to birth a village.

Now that's someone worthy of becoming a hokage. The only people I can think of are all gone, or rebelled. There are no sharingan users left in the village, and Sasuke wants to destroy konoha not rebuild it. Like I said Byakugan users aren't leader types. They're sub leaders who fight well. Plus they're all taijutsi fighters and that just plain blows for becoming hokage. Even the fourth knew some other jutsus besides his yellow flash (which I still retain sucked because it was only really taijutsu after you break it down) And hokage has to know either a really wide variety of attacks or perfect his bloodline limit. And there isn't anyone there yet.

Come off the bloodline limit garbarge, it's just idiotic to talk about. We know of only a handful of characters with a bloodline limit and everyone wants to talk about bloodline this and bloodline that, like its some great, unbeatable force. Well, several of those bloodline limit users have already been killed. So its not all that great, is it?

The theme of Konoha, ever since the death of Sarutobi has been the will of fire and passing it on to future generations. They have already talked about Naruto's generation being ready to inherit the will of fire. But, in order for that to happen, the older generation needs to pass on. I have a feeling you'll hear more about that in the coming chapters.

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
As I said earlier, Tsunade's death could come from sacrificing herself to save Kakashi the way whats-her-face did with Gaara.

You mean the technique Chiyo developed alone and only she knew about?

Why should Tsunade revive Kakashi and not random dead ninja from Pain`s attack #414094654198, why not Shizune?

If she can revive people, why didn`t she revived her brother? how about her boyfriend? Jiraiya? The 3rd? etc etc?

FireEmblem
Sat, 01-17-2009, 12:38 AM
well, the clones are basically him, and as long as he creates the clones after deciding what to do with them, you might as well congratulate him on being able to walk a straight line without falling.

if we end up seeing his clones jumping in and surprising naruto himself, then I'd be impressed.

Well, most of the times before, anything his clones did was wasted movement. They were just cannon fodder for sasuke and other baddies. So i'm surprised they pulled off a maneuver THIS quick without it being a (!) MOMENT where Naruto is the no 1. ninja at surprising everyone.

Dansetsu
Sat, 01-17-2009, 03:58 AM

Come off the bloodline limit garbarge, it's just idiotic to talk about. We know of only a handful of characters with a bloodline limit and everyone wants to talk about bloodline this and bloodline that, like its some great, unbeatable force. Well, several of those bloodline limit users have already been killed. So its not all that great, is it?. How is it garbage when Haku took Naruto and sasuke teaming up to beat? How is it garbage when it took Gaara, and Lee, to beat Kimimaro? And are you telling me that being able to control tailed beasts, (with either sharingan or the firsts' jutsu, take your pick) is bull crap?

Uberbaka
Sat, 01-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Think of Danzou as the emperor, this is where Naruto becomes a rebel ;]

DB_Hunter
Sat, 01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
You mean like a Hokage in exile?

Uberbaka
Sat, 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Was thinking Jedi, but nevermind...

David Craft
Sat, 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow awesome chap

Also while on the discussion of rasengans, if you look closely although he uses the '3 handed technique' to start it... the clones separate and the rasengans are still only a bit bigger then normal size. The next panel shows them about the size of Naruto while the next page shows them about 4 times the diameter of Naruto. so he continues to power it up with just '2 hands' or even just one hand.

Anyways I am anxious to see what happens... as mentioned its going a BIT too smooth ATM and I bet something will happen.

~David

kAi
Sat, 01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I would actually like Danzou to take control for a period of time as it would be interesting to see what affects it has on Konoha, not for any particular reason, but the only people I do see becoming Hokage, if Tsunade were to die now is Danzou or Kakashi (if he's alive).

It was good to see Naruto fight hard and the frogs playing their parts were awesome also.

Assertn
Sat, 01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Danzou will probably play it off like:

See what happens to a Konoha that's lead by a pacifist like Tsunade? Invaders show up and turn it into a crater. Vote for a Konoha that can protect itself.

I'm Danzou and I approve of this message.

Dansetsu
Sat, 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Danzou will probably play it off like:

See what happens to a Konoha that's lead by a pacifist like Tsunade? Invaders show up and turn it into a crater. Vote for a Konoha that can protect itself.

I'm Danzou and I approve of this message.
Aside from the Obama thumping (and by thumping I mean just using his recent ftw as president as a Asser N original), I agree. Konoha needs someone like him. For godssake the village wasn't even ready for Pain. Granted no one was. But, because Danzou is a pure tactician, and a fighter, he'll restore Konoha to a machine of power and a village that is brought back to it's former powerful name. I want to see Konoha as a war machine. I like that. We saw it with Pains mini army taking it down, it's time for a village to get the same feeling.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 01-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Aside from the Obama thumping (and by thumping I mean just using his recent ftw as president as a Asser N original), I agree. Konoha needs someone like him. For godssake the village wasn't even ready for Pain. Granted no one was. But, because Danzou is a pure tactician, and a fighter, he'll restore Konoha to a machine of power and a village that is brought back to it's former powerful name. I want to see Konoha as a war machine. I like that. We saw it with Pains mini army taking it down, it's time for a village to get the same feeling.

Konoha wasnt created to be a war machine. The first didnt create Konoha to become a power house, nor was he power hungry like Danzou. I like the idea of the civilized Ninja Village with a "Will of Fire"

Dansetsu
Sat, 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Konoha wasn't created to be a war machine. The first didn't create Konoha to become a power house, nor was he power hungry like Danzou. I like the idea of the civilized Ninja Village with a "Will of Fire" So? I agree that the first didn't create for that. But the village has gotten owned by Pain in the past few chapters. So if you're saying that the "will of fire" is there to protect it's people like Naruto is trying to do (and I do emphasize trying, because if you don't consider him to be trying really hard then it goes to the other side of the scale and it's a hax move that somehow in a few weeks of training with frogs got him good) He's getting good to early in my opinion. It's the same thing with Sasuke and his total ownage randomly a few years later from Orochimaru. And, on top of that, how has that "will" of yours contend to raw power and tact? Because every ninja in konoha was almost called to action and killed against Pains forces. That's not much of a will to me. Unless you mean the heart to stand up to anyone, because then I don't care. And at that point you're just getting all sentimental on me and just caring about a good story foundation for the setting. And I don't care about that. You're talking to a guy who doesn't even watch movies for the story lol.

boilerph
Sat, 01-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Where do you guys get that the First didn't create Konoha as a "war machine"? This is the same village that treated Kikashi's father so badly for choosing his teammates over his mission that he killed himself.
It's been stated over and over that Danzou doesn't agree with the third's policies which Tsunade adheres to. I would say that it seems the first and possibly the second were very war minded.

Abdula
Sat, 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Where do you guys get that the First didn't create Konoha as a "war machine"?
Maybe its because Madara already told us that the villages were founded for the sake of making peace and The First even gave Bijuus to the other villages, as a symbol of that peace, to stabilize the balance of power thus dismantling the "war machine".

Btw I personally didn't think this was that good a chapter but after reading this thread I think it must have been, it even got Raven and Kai to post. I still don't see it though, a few people have mentioned that this feels like Goku arriving on Namek and that is exactly what I thought when reading this "I've seen this before:( " This is all too little too late for me.

poopdeville
Sat, 01-17-2009, 10:05 PM
If Pein is Frieza, who is Majin Buu?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 01-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Maybe its because Madara already told us that the villages were founded for the sake of making peace and The First even gave Bijuus to the other villages, as a symbol of that peace, to stabilize the balance of power thus dismantling the "war machine".

Btw I personally didn't think this was that good a chapter but after reading this thread I think it must have been, it even got Raven and Kai to post. I still don't see it though, a few people have mentioned that this feels like Goku arriving on Namek and that is exactly what I thought when reading this "I've seen this before:( " This is all too little too late for me.

exceptttt it didnt take the entire series for goku to arrive on namek.

Idealistic
Sun, 01-18-2009, 01:54 AM
If Pein is Frieza, who is Majin Buu?

We might not be there yet.

Patriot
Sun, 01-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Could be Madara. (majin Buu) Maybe, he's been secretly rebuilding his charka reserves after being defeated by the first. never know.

February
Sun, 01-18-2009, 05:03 AM
I find this a bit hard to believe. Naruto really sucked before he got his sage training. How long was the training even? It seemed very short. Naruto was really weak before this training, he suddenly gets a powerup in like less than 1 week to beat down Pain who used 1 technique to destroy an entire village?

Dont get me, it was a great action packed chapter but it just feels like we got Naruto's character development robbed.

The giant rasengan thing was kind of cool but its also lame that the newest technique from his training is ANOTHER rasengan

Assertn
Sun, 01-18-2009, 03:04 PM
exceptttt it didnt take the entire series for goku to arrive on namek.
The original DBZ storyline was supposed to end with Frieza's defeat, so technically it would have taken almost the entire series.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
The original DBZ storyline was supposed to end with Frieza's defeat, so technically it would have taken almost the entire series.

And I do believe that it was Gohan that was supposed to go Super Saiyian after Goku was killed by Frieza, so the son surpassing the father is nothing new, point in case NARUTO.

Psyke
Sun, 01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
And I do believe that it was Gohan that was supposed to go Super Saiyian after Goku was killed by Frieza, so the son surpassing the father is nothing new, point in case NARUTO.

Off topic, but I thought Barduck and Goku was a better example. Both Barduck and the 4th died when the manga started.

As for the chapter, we can't just take it that Naruto grew strong only because of the Sage training. He already spent a lot of training with Jiraiya and Kakashi/Yamato, so that's gotta account for something.

Kensee
Mon, 01-19-2009, 02:16 AM
I'm all happy for Naruto and his power up. It's about time people started liking him and him being more like his dad...

I hope this is a start of a new trend where Naruto continues to improve and get better, maybe even start using more jutsus, but who knows, I want the best for our lil Genin!

rockmanj
Mon, 01-19-2009, 02:32 AM
Oh yea, I keep forgetting...Pain is getting pwned by a (technical) Genin. Although with the destruction of Konoha, I'm not sure if rank will mean that much anymore.

poopdeville
Mon, 01-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Naruto is CLEARLY the strongest genin in Konoha.

Who can compare? There are probably some stupid gimmicky genin rookies (bugs wtf), but Naruto is dismantling the re-incarnation of the strongest ninja in history. Naruto wins.

Uberbaka
Mon, 01-19-2009, 06:25 AM
I love how you call chakra-fucking-eating bugs just a stupid gimmick...

I just want to see what happens next without overthinking his powerup and whatever. Things are actually capable of fanning out in quite a few ways.

The one thing I don't want is Pein chickening out and things returning to status quo (minus konoha, unless they rebuild it or had some kind of genjutsu hax. That would piss me off endlessly)

Tyreal
Mon, 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
My prediction for what is going to happen is that Naruto will beat Pain. Or at the very least force him to retreat. Tsunade will live. Kakashi will die. Naruto will become the sixth hokage, however he won't really take over any day-to-day duties, his title will be more aluding to the fact he will one day take over as hokage. Instead he will continue to be sent on missions. His first one of which being to attend that summit of the kage's we heard about several chapters ago. As for Danzo's coup d'eta Sasuke will probably show up and stop that (if Naruto isn't in any condition to stop it himself that is) before it really gets any where, not only does this allow Sasuke to massacre the people responsible for the death of his clan but it also allows him to fall back into Konoha's good books.

EpyonNext
Mon, 01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Tyreal...that is too convenient and makes too much sense to work. No fucking way it'll happen. :P

Munsu
Mon, 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Can we stop all the Dragonball crap? Thanks.

I thought it was a pretty cool chapter, Naruto kicking ass more than makes up for any "problems" you might have with the inconsistencies you might have found in plot. Sometimes it seems like people don't realize or forget that they're reading a shounen series.

FireEmblem
Mon, 01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Some people will complain regardless about this Manga. My favorite is when they say they'll quit reading it if such and such happens. As if they're on Shounen Jumps payroll or something.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Can we stop all the Dragonball crap? Thanks.

I thought it was a pretty cool chapter, Naruto kicking ass more than makes up for any "problems" you might have with the inconsistencies you might have found in plot. Sometimes it seems like people don't realize or forget that they're reading a shounen series.

Seriously. A lot of what we been reading the past few months has all been building up to this moment, seems like the people who've been crying out for naruto to not suck anymore suddenly feel like hes too powerful. I say its about time he can fight like a real ninja in true one on one esque, yea theres some frogs backing him up but he's the one leading them, format. Idc what happens the story is reaching it's pinnacle and Im loving every page of it.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Out of all of this, while I am happy he got all the sage energy usage, I'm REALLY happy he got a formal taijutsu fighting style. It's about all he was missing to be on the level, if not higher, than fighters like neiji, even without considering his demon cloak.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I didnt think that the timeline would match up for Naruto to be the Sixth Hokage, but really, his strength has developed a lot faster than I thought that it would. The only thing about Naruto being hokage, is that although I think that he is strong enough, at this point I dont think that he is smart enough. I could see someone like Shikamaru becoming Hokage before Naruto for his tactics alone. Not to mention Shika is not a "rogue" ninja like Naruto. Naruto likes to go out and fight, not sit at home and read reports. I ultimately see Naruto taking on more of a Jariaya lifestyle - being comfortable with his strength, and having the whole world know his name, but knowing that he can do more good out in the field.

Spaceaprion
Tue, 01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't think Pein will be able to recharge enough before Naruto threatens to completely wipe him out. He now knows where Naruto is, so he should retreat and regroup. He should probably bring some backup on account of how badass Naruto is now.
Then again, maybe Sasuke will show up and decide to help Pein out.

Dansetsu
Wed, 01-21-2009, 02:23 AM
I didnt think that the timeline would match up for Naruto to be the Sixth Hokage, but really, his strength has developed a lot faster than I thought that it would. The only thing about Naruto being hokage, is that although I think that he is strong enough, at this point I dont think that he is smart enough. I could see someone like Shikamaru becoming Hokage before Naruto for his tactics alone. Not to mention Shika is not a "rogue" ninja like Naruto. What?!! You gotta be fucking kidding me, right? Naruto has years and years and years and years and years and years and years to left to learn jutsu, strength (both in leadership and fighting) and tact. Especially tact and fighting. All he's done so far time after time after time (albeit successfully but that isn't the point) is make clones, and then ambush with a surprise. Now that something has just been replaced with a nuke that has to has to has to hit to work, that's it. Nothing more.

And to anyone who thinks skill is important over youth in things that intelligence can over come. Lies. All lies.

1. A hokage, any kage for that matter has to be a power house in unable to be touched by anyone. The only time this isn't a problem is in case of emergencies. Like when Jiraiya didn't want the position (one I think he even wasn't strong enough for since Pein owned him Royally) and Tsunade took it. Naruto, Shikamaru, hell even Kakashi isn't there yet. Personally I don't think the 4th was either but that's just me. In my opinion, only the first, second, because they almost never smiled and new their shit hella good as ninjas, were the only ones who could be hokages. Maybe, Danzou. I mean yes he's a war monger, but he'd be using konohas forces to the fullest potential. And that's what needs to be done. A village has ninjas for a reason. Use them. It's about time someone did.

2. If age didn't matter, than how come the 3rd new everything about almost everyone in the vllage and practicallya fucking oracle for Konoha? That's important to running something. Shikamaru can't even advise that well yet. Kakashi even can't. Even Tsunade has a tough time and got scared in certain situations. Like for example if I wanted to hire a guy to run one of my investments, or a company for that matter. I wouldn't want him to be really really smart. I want him to be old, and experienced and cocky from his age of business work.

3. Why does everyone think just be he learned a wasteful chakra move (and I swear to god if someone brings up the hole in the tree that Jiraiya made or Kakuzu being killed by it, I'm done with naruto for a good while) that Naruto is powerful all of a sudden? I don't care how much he trains, Kishi will never get me to think that about him. Ever. It's like Luffy beating Moria or Crocodile. Those fights should have been more like Zoro when he was fighting Mihawk. Total ownage.

It's going to take a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long, LONG time till I think of Naruto as strong. And btw everyone, Kishi is just using Pein as a pawn to or tool in a story to make Naruto finally stronger. Which is complete bull crap writing. Sasuke was almost perfectly done. The mother fucker spent 2 years straight with the strongest pure evil sanin. He should be that strong.

poopdeville
Wed, 01-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Drink less.

Patriot
Wed, 01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Well for starters we don't even know if the real Pain is with them. All Naruto might acomplish here is to defeat the bodies of Pein and have the "real" Pein awaken and be like, now I have to enter the battle, but he might be far away. Unless I missed something with that lead Pein form.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Well for starters we don't even know if the real Pain is with them. All Naruto might acomplish here is to defeat the bodies of Pein and have the "real" Pein awaken and be like, now I have to enter the battle, but he might be far away. Unless I missed something with that lead Pein form.

We actually do know that Pein is not really with them...

Dansetsu
Wed, 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
We actually do know that Pein is not really with them... Isn't he controlling them somehow through the rinnen'gan from a remote place? And isn't the body Nagato (sp?) the dark haired kid with the original eyes? That's interesting actually. I mean how did he become a member of the akatsuki or even the guest leader for a while under madara in the first place? We all know the back story of each other ninja in the roster of the club, but not Nagato. What drove him "get away" from his village in the first place? Or did he just come from the rain village and stay there to become it's leader?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 01-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Isn't he controlling them somehow through the rinnen'gan from a remote place? And isn't the body Nagato (sp?) the dark haired kid with the original eyes? That's interesting actually. I mean how did he become a member of the akatsuki or even the guest leader for a while under madara in the first place? We all know the back story of each other ninja in the roster of the club, but not Nagato. What drove him "get away" from his village in the first place? Or did he just come from the rain village and stay there to become it's leader?

Most of it was explained actually...here take a peek...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/381/04/

Paper
Wed, 01-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Whatever happen to Zetsu?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Whatever happen to Zetsu?

I am guessing that he is underground somewhere close. Probably watching the fight from a distance like he always does...

Dansetsu
Thu, 01-22-2009, 06:47 PM
He's probably just waiting for Pains or Madaras next orders in the HQ.

Patriot
Thu, 01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Okay, first he says that guy is Nagato and then he says he isn't. Which means that not only did he error in saying that, but pain someone managed to change his appearance or Jiraya was trying to extrapolate what Nagato would look like when he grew up and this "Pein" body was close enough looking.

So my original theory still stands, even if Naruto were to defeat these bodies, he will have accomplished really nothing. As the real Pein has not entered battle yet. There is much left to be done, but I will say, I'm hooked on the manga, that much is for sure.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Okay, first he says that guy is Nagato and then he says he isn't. Which means that not only did he error in saying that, but pain someone managed to change his appearance or Jiraya was trying to extrapolate what Nagato would look like when he grew up and this "Pein" body was close enough looking.

So my original theory still stands, even if Naruto were to defeat these bodies, he will have accomplished really nothing. As the real Pein has not entered battle yet. There is much left to be done, but I will say, I'm hooked on the manga, that much is for sure.

What?

'Pein' is pretty much the bodies that Nagato is controlling from a distance. The "Pein" body that he confronted Tsundae with is his childhood friend Yahiko.

poopdeville
Sun, 01-25-2009, 05:36 PM
If Yahiko is controlling the bodies from a distance, why would setting off that bomb over Konoha lower his life expectancy?

Paper
Thu, 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM
If Yahiko is controlling the bodies from a distance, why would setting off that bomb over Konoha lower his life expectancy?

Even though he may be controlling bodies from a distance to a certain extent he still running things, Pein did a Jutsu that took out half of konoha and the price he had to pay is his limiting his life span. They’re are certain Jutsu that has a recoil, like when the old lady (forget name) did a Jutsu to save Gaara life ultimately ending her life as the heavy price that she had to pay to perform the Jutsu.