PDA

View Full Version : Game: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Idealistic
Tue, 01-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Comes out Feb 10th, 2009. Lots of Sega classics getting an HD upgrade. Not fully redrawn, but filtered and such I'd assume.

http://www.sega.com/games/?g=577

I think the upgrade to HD looks pretty good. But a lot of people have argued with me that they look horrible. :confused: I don't know, makes me think they are those people who just don't want their classics touched.

FEATURES:

• THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES. All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, titles from the Phantasy Star™ series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rage™ series, to name a few.

• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT. Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.

• ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF. The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p) and will be a blast to play using the intuitive controls of the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION®3 systems.

• MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

GAMES INCLUDE:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Dr. Robotnik's MBM
Dynamite Headdy
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
E-SWAT
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Kid Chameleon
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Vectorman
Vectorman 2

*Unlockable games to be revealed soon!

Marik
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:36 AM
The British Board of Film Classification has revealed some details about the upcoming Genesis collection for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In their report on the content, they mention 40 games (those are the ones revealed on Sega's site already) and a list of unlockables and bonus content: 9 more games, 8 video interviews totaling 30 minutes, and 45 minutes of game play footage.

Sounds like a great collection so far, and there are 9 titles left to be announced. It will be $30 well spent.

Psyke
Tue, 01-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Streets of Rage too? That brings back memories..... Can't wait.

rockmanj
Tue, 01-13-2009, 07:05 AM
OMG Phantasy Star 4??? That is like my favorite RPG ever! I'm a huge Shining Force fan too!

Kakashi_Solo
Tue, 01-13-2009, 09:01 AM
I just wish I had the money for it. Im getting the new Lord of the rings game this week, which leaves me with nothing. Halo Wars next month... I need a job!

Paper
Tue, 01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I love Streets of Rage, I just beat it again on my sega about 4 months ago, and played the mania mode then got killed off lol, it's all about blaze .....

Archangel
Wed, 01-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog

Lol that's nostalgic :)

Nadouku
Thu, 01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I might get this collection, depending on the situation. If it has trophies, then I'm definitely in! If not, then I'll just wait a year or so to buy it for a lower price (hopefully).

Archangel
Thu, 01-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I might get this collection, depending on the situation. If it has trophies, then I'm definitely in! If not, then I'll just wait a year or so to buy it for a lower price (hopefully).

Trophy Whore!!! xD

Idealistic
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:49 AM

But it's only $30! :eek:

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:11 AM
$30 is cheap, but I want it to be cheaper. Is that wrong? :D

Idealistic
Fri, 01-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Not at all.

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM
$30 is cheap, but I want it to be cheaper. Is that wrong? :D

If you're not willing to fork over $30, just get a flashed 360 and get games for free (besides the cost of medium).

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
I already have a PlayStation 3 for those free games, and they're pretty good.

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Wut? You can't mod the PS3, atleast not yet.

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, I downloaded some from the PlayStation Network, which some are free.

animus
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Those don't count. I meant real games!

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh, okay. :p

On the subject of the Ultimate Collection, I hope these "unlockable" games are pretty worthwhile or nostalgic. There are some games that I never even heard of (for example, the game Fatal Labyrinth).