PDA

View Full Version : Toaru Majutsu Index: Level 0 Under the Radar?

Munsu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm just wondering how under the radar do you guys think Touma is to the organizations in this series, especially the top dogs in the Esper and Magician communities (I guess the Academy and the Church, or whomever)?

I would guess that Touma being the sole Level 0 individual would prevent him from being under the radar. But in this latest arc we've learned some of the extent of what the scientist around here go for experiments and such, so is Touma forming part of some experiment that is unknown to him? To what extent are these organizations aware of Touma's power and what his power is actually about? Are they worried or concerned?

I would think that after what has happened in this series, Touma should be quite known. We know Aleister knows about Imagine Breaker, and I'm sure some reports have been made to the Church. But what about at the beginning of the series? I still think that Touma would've been a person of interest.

Any theories as to the level of involvement these organizations have with Touma, even if he doesn't know about it?

Kraco
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM
The church should know by now, but since Touma is mainly (only) an effect in the science city, where the church apparently is only a minor player if even that, I don't think they worry too much about him. At least not yet.

Does the scientific side know at all about him? Maybe some do, but it's another question whether they have an organization that would let everybody know. Those who know might even be simply waiting to learn more to publish a revolutionary article in Nature or Science, before their competitors know anything at all... They are scientists, after all!

I guess we will simply need to wait until we actually get an arc about Touma, and not another a-girl-to-join-Touma's-harem arc.

David75
Mon, 01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Well in a way Touma's power is very dangerous to the city of espers.
He could well be in an experiment already, or be in the future. Someone able to control his power to a larger scale would basically totally imbalance the powers of the world.

Side note: was it totally fortuitious that index fall on Touma's balcony the first time they met? or is it that she had hidden data regarding his power, or some instinct felt there was a place with power depletion... and that place being Touma's were his hand anihilates any power around.

That's interresting, because should an organisation want to trace Touma, there are ways to trace him almost anywhere. After all even a blackhole that absords everything can be detected, in the same fashion, his hand can be detected...

Munsu's question could also be transformed to:
Isn't it possible that the fights Touma is in have been organised so that he can become a level 6...?

Kraco
Mon, 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Munsu's question could also be transformed to:
Isn't it possible that the fights Touma is in have been organised so that he can become a level 6...?

You mean level -6, haha...

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't think Touma is the sole Level 0, nor that he is a 'Level 0'. The thing about his power is that it can nullify every other power... even the machine that measures the power. For all purposes he could well be a Level 5... or higher... dunno, his power just cancels all other powers.

fireheart
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Wasn't he level 0 because they couldn't classify his power or something about not detecting it? But yeah from what I read he's not the only level 0 but seeing as that more or less seems to just mean they don't know what it is the level he has shouldn't really mean anything.

Xelbair
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I would think that after what has happened in this series, Touma should be quite known. We know Aleister knows about Imagine Breaker,[...]
Have you noticed some connection to Aleister Crowley?

It's level 0 because they can't classify it. Every power that we seen can be used as offensive one(teleportation for fast hits, railgun is obvious, and there were some more in manga "A certain Scientific Railgun"(i wont spoil here)), but level 0 Touma's one can't.

David75
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Was it 2 eps ago that the teacher said that level 0 is for those they didn't find any power after trying to input them.
She said that level 0 is a generic term covering those who have absolutely no power, those we don't know, and those even more interresting like Touma. That's what I remember.

The fact she said Touma is interresting, also is a link to the thread title.

the power of 0... is equal to nothing in an addition, nullufies anything in a multiplication and becomes infinite in a division...

One also has to remember that 0 is quite recent in human history and there's some fascination with that number.

Is Touma under the radar? we may think he is, but he meets to many powers for it to be true. It's just we don't know yet.
Oh by the way, remember that super satellite that was useful to misaka experiment and got destroyed by Index's awakening?
Why was it presicely there? just above touma's house?
I know its orbit is geostationnary, right above the zone that needs coverage, but right above his house since the beam was perfectly straight?
Also, the detector antenna was pointed downwards too...
Were they monitoring something?
Because you can move a satellite a bit, depending on the zone you exactly want to pinpoint...

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM
This isn't from Index, but rather from Persona 3... but I think it fits.

Number 0... empty... yet infinite. The Fool Arcana (Level 0) possess the most potential of them all.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I thought they gave Touma his designated level as they do with pretty much everyone. Most kids are born as Espers in the city. Remember how lucky they were to remember that Loli-sensei isn't an Esper, and thus had the capacity to save Index?

Touma was probably gene-sequenced the same way that all the other students are. The only difference is that they modified him to be an Esper, but nothing showed up. Hence, Level 0. Touma learned of his abilities later, but kept them a secret. He's categorized all the same, but I don't think they [the city scientists and administration] actually know about him possessing the Imagine Breaker. Crowley may be one of the few.

David75
Mon, 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought they gave Touma his designated level as they do with pretty much everyone. Most kids are born as Espers in the city. Remember how lucky they were to remember that Loli-sensei isn't an Esper, and thus had the capacity to save Index?

Touma was probably gene-sequenced the same way that all the other students are. The only difference is that they modified him to be an Esper, but nothing showed up. Hence, Level 0. Touma learned of his abilities later, but kept them a secret. He's categorized all the same, but I don't think they [the city scientists and administration] actually know about him possessing the Imagine Breaker. Crowley may be one of the few.

Well the loli sensei knows too and said Touma was an interresting case. Thing is we don't know how widespread the knowledge about touma's power is. Also that doc seems a bit suspicious, the black cat too...

Archangel
Sat, 01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
With the last episode we can safely conclude that even if he was in the past, Touma is definitely catching the attention of academy city's leaders.

The question now is, how will this affect him in the future.