PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Flight of the Conchords

Animeniax
Sun, 01-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Anyone seen this series from HBO? Hilarious comedy about two musicians from New Zealand. Absurd and wacky and clever everyday stuff, plus music montages. I've only seen through episode 2, but here's hoping it continues to be great.

rockmanj
Sun, 01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Yea, I've caught all of them so far, really funny stuff. Classic British comedy. But the BBC radio series was a bit funnier (if you can find it). Its pretty similar to the show.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
It is indeed a really funny show. Episode one from season two aired last week. I streamed it on tv.com's homepage.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Rhyme-noceros and Hiphop-potamus. Priceless.

XanBcoo
Thu, 01-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I love this show so much. My favorite character is probably Murray, and my kitchen now has a "talking stove" who suggests baking cakes to cheer people up.

I actually caught episode 1 of season 2 a few weeks ago. HBO was promoting it on Youtube. I actually thought the humor was kinda flat. I hope they can come back stronger.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-14-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm still watching this show, they're on episode 4 of season 2. It's still funny and clever, but the humor seems more deliberate now, rather than the coincidental feeling it had before.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I encourage you to grab their season 1 album too. It's great.

Animeniax
Tue, 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I encourage you to grab their season 1 album too. It's great.
I wondered early on how the songs would hold up without the funny video images to support them.

Watched episode 5, oh man, best episode in a while. Lots of Australia bashing, great songs (Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor, Jemaine's Exes Song), funny funny stuff. Dave is great and Jemaine is hilarious in this episode.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 02-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Wow, those were the best songs they might have ever released. The harmony, in particular on Jemaine's Exes song, was wonderful.

Goin to a party, sippin a Bacardi, I wanna meet a hotty but it's Adam, Steve and Marty.. it's been stuck in my head for days

Animeniax
Wed, 03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh man, I feel like I've been gut-punched. I just read that the show will end after the 2nd season, and there will only be 10-12 episodes total in season 2. It feels like when you lose a good friend(s). This sucks.