PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 14

ian_sanzo
Sun, 01-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Dont discuss raw's. Only subbed ep discussions are allowed. Please read the rules next time.

-Assassin

DDBen
Sun, 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Well its out by GSS subbed

MKV
http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_14_%5B96A92E1F%5D.mkv.torrent

XVID
http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=18374

Kraco
Sun, 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
It looks like Ali and Mr. Bushido form a strange team of two: One gets defeated and moves to the background while the other in the mean time gets a new suit and moves back to the foreground. I wonder how long Mr. Bushido will last this time, and whether it will turn out to be his last fight. I almost thought this would be a totally inglorious end for Ali (not that bastards really deserve a glorious end, no matter how sweet and likable bastards they are), but fortunately Princess Useless's timely song saved him. Who knows what kind of a Darth Vader he will end up being before the end...

A good enough episode. But it would be about the time for CB to find out why the Innovators can so easily locate them, though no real attention was paid to it in this episode, unless Lockon can read Anew's real concern. Indeed, I'm beginning to think Anew might not even know she's a spy. Of course it's one old tactic to shift suspicion away from yourself by being the one to first talk about suspicions, but these folks shouldn't be prone to such elementary tactics.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I knew something was up with the Seravee Gundam.. but the way it was shown gave me a huge grin. Thankfully this sort of rules out my biggest fear: a Megazord gundam.

I'm sure that Graham's new suit has a trans-am like ability

Some big revelations were done in this ep. Makes you wonder just hów deep Ribbons is in it all.

The singing made my cry. Singing with the kids in a hideout is ok, but in the middle of nowhere with a piano and só loud that the whole area can hear it, inside a mobile suit or a plane.. that's just.. wrong. Setsuna should've chopped up Ali during the song. Nothing works better than a peacefull song on the background of a slaughter.

Edit for the modellers: I read that there is going to be a seperate release for the 1/144 seraphim gundam, that will fit on the back of the 1/144 Seravee.
And Bandai succeeded in their task, I want the 1/100 when it's released :D

DDBen
Sun, 01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
A couple things first Trans-am would be terrible for Graham as his Suit has a finite power supply unlike the real solar furnaces. So if he used trans-am once it runs out of juice he better be on the ground or he's going to die from simply falling. It only works with a real GN drive because they constantly produce particles so it never will completely run out.

I've been calling Seravee splitting into 2 Gundams since we got to see the second face so zero surprize on that front.

As for the singing while I can't say I'm to happy about it the reason Setsuna was hearing it was because he was in Trans-am with the double-O raiser so his link with Maria was amplified and that is why they all heard the singing not because they were singing that loud.

The new opening is at least acceptable though no ending this time around I hope kiddies singing isn't used for a ending in the future.

On the downside now Setsuna has a way to fight without killing aka using his Gundam to amplify childrens singing and causing everyone to stop fighting. I REALLY hope they don't go anywhere near the route in the future but it was heavily foreshadowed in this episode.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Just when I think Marina's pacifist bullshit can't get worse, she comes out with a children's choir and a Save the Whales/Peace on Earth ballad (played on the harpsichord of all things....). The lyrics of that song were nauseating.

UGH. Up until this point, everything in 00 was going swimmingly. There were plenty of deaths, no one felt all sappy about it, people became vengeful and twisted from tragedies, and the only pacifist angle was from a totally useless deposed leader turned den mother. Now Setusna is going to catch it.

A couple things first Trans-am would be terrible for Graham as his Suit has a finite power supply unlike the real solar furnaces. So if he used trans-am once it runs out of juice he better be on the ground or he's going to die from simply falling. It only works with a real GN drive because they constantly produce particles so it never will completely run out.

I took the conversation between Billy and Graham..err, "Mr. Bushido" that Billy had discovered some of Eifman's secret notes from before Alejandro ordered the Thrones to kill him. That way, this solar furnace would have a stronger likeness to the Jupiter Core solar furnaces, and thus be able to access Trans-Am, but perhaps with some increased ill-effects (shorter duration, longer down time). Either that or the Musaro(?) has twin drives too. It's going to be an out-of-nowhere powerup for Graham so he can be an even bigger ass about it.

Was it just me, or was Anew actually suspecting herself during her conversations with Lockon? We know she's very bright, and she must realize that CB didn't have any problems escaping their enemies before she hopped aboard the Ptolemy. I wonder if she's made the actual connection though, or if she will shortly. Maybe Marie can help out here, since she probably knows the details of Soma's old Brain Feedback Protector, or even the restraints used on Allelujah in prison. Maybe we'll see Anew wearing a huge bulky helmet (or silver ring around her head) once she figures out she is the leak.

I see Nena is still a skank and wants Setsuna badly. She seemed like she was trying to ingratiate herself with him. Too bad Setsuna is thicker than the plating on his Gundam.

masamuneehs
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:03 PM
new OP. And, as with almost every fourth OP in recent Gundam times, I hate it. And it's just spitting out "everyone's going to get a happy ending! (except maybe Sergei...)" They always give away way too much with these OPs, I think...

I swear, they just grow the best characters in the HRL... Going to your old friend, telling him you're going to stage a coup. that's baller.

and it really does seem like Anew is the unaware, puppet spy... Shame. I was hoping to have a character to point some dislike at. The fact that she's in the OP also seems like a "oh, yeah, we know she's totally new and really not very interesting at all, but we had to pair Tieria up with someone who doesn't have a cock, so she'll be eating into the time we'd give to characters you actually care about. PS. Buy her figurines - Sunruse"
also, yes, i think it's pretty clear she was suspecting herself, not really New Lockon.

OH. FUCK. NO.
Princess, singing songs, all up in the pacifism bullshit. THIS IS LACUS CLYNE ALL OVER AGAIN! But, I will say, as much as I hate Marina, the fact that she's pretty much a powerless and minor impact on the story puts her way ahead of that Deus ex Machina providing pink princess. The childish, sentimental idealism is tolerable. Just don't let it affect the plot, please.

Christ. I hate it when they come out of their mechs as a "I just want to talk" premise. Someday I hope to see a dude immediately get laser beams in his face from a shrewd foe when he tries to pull that shit.

Got to say, I really love that plot twist. Ribbons, who will almost surely die via Setsuna's actions, saved his life all those years ago. It's also notably revealing of Ribbons' personality when he gives the reason why he saved him. "The way you looked at the O Gundam - at me - left a very deep impression." In the end, Ribbons isn't very much unlike a lot of humans, in his desire to be admired and worshiped.

Shot him in the arm with a bullet infused with red GN particles. Oh, Ali. Even though you love the fight, you've got enough good sense to know it's not worth it unless you can, fairly or unfairly, defeat your opponent.

Also, Setsuna. You just got into a mobile suit. Your two worst enemies are standing around without any cover. FUCKING FRAG THEM!!!

Bring goes down (nice work Tieria) and his twin pops up minutes later. I swear, they're taking the "double" in "double 0" way too seriously... Also, of course Seravee was going to have a second unit inside. I thought we'd all figured that out long ago

I can only accept Marina's BARD SKILL--- INTERRUPT! move because it means we still have Ali around.

Also, that as the ED is, although a bit more sensible than a song that has no basis in the story, like most OPs and EDs, a thing that cements my dislike of the OP-ED combo for season 4...

Oh, and from the preview it looks like Nichol is alive after all. Jolly good. I liked that little fag.

Yeah, this was a pretty mediocre episode.

for speculation on what Graham's suit has... I'm praying like all hell that it has something that can disable, or at least take a lot of the power, out of the GN particles. God that would be lovely. Also, if the two most recent OPs are to be believed, it looks like he and Setsuna will have the last dance, yet again...

TheBladeChild
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Hmm.. no Sumaragi in the opening, I wonder if we'll be having a death soon.

DDBen
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I took the conversation between Billy and Graham..err, "Mr. Bushido" that Billy had discovered some of Eifman's secret notes from before Alejandro ordered the Thrones to kill him. That way, this solar furnace would have a stronger likeness to the Jupiter Core solar furnaces, and thus be able to access Trans-Am, but perhaps with some increased ill-effects (shorter duration, longer down time). Either that or the Musaro(?) has twin drives too. It's going to be an out-of-nowhere powerup for Graham so he can be an even bigger ass about it.

Except even assuming that Eifman died before the Gundam's ever used trans-am in the first place. He died in episode 17 of season 1 and the Gundam's didn't use trans-am until episode 22?

My number for when they got trans-am might be a little off but it certainly wasn't until well after Eifman's death. Plus he didn't come up with the connection between the Jupiter mission until moments before he was killed and should have had absolutely no way to relay that information.

ian_sanzo
Mon, 01-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Yea I noticed that there was no Sumeragi in the OP. That got me wondering too. I think its impossible for Mr Bushido to use transam since the fake GN-Drives doesn't have the "black boxes" that the original solar furnaces have. And man, i think what Maria did was dangerous, there location could get exposed from what she did.

Carnage
Mon, 01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
After this series ends we need a 00! vs. Seed universe thread.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Was Bring's last name "Stabity"? And I think you all have covered that freaking song stopping Setsuna. That Marianna broad just keeps annoying me like no end. I think that would have been a good death, but noo~ a horrible children's song saved the day.

Two more things: Tierea pwned big time ("I AM A HUMAN [Goddamit!]" *FRAG).
And odds are Shirin is getting poled by Klaus on a regular basis.

Kraco
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Christ. I hate it when they come out of their mechs as a "I just want to talk" premise. Someday I hope to see a dude immediately get laser beams in his face from a shrewd foe when he tries to pull that shit.

Ali's trademark move. But I suppose it only works well for people like Setsuna, who are driven by their emotions, not wits. It also worked for the Trinity siblings, but they didn't know Ali and unlike CB they were much more like nothing but simple tools.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Except even assuming that Eifman died before the Gundam's ever used trans-am in the first place. He died in episode 17 of season 1 and the Gundam's didn't use trans-am until episode 22?

My number for when they got trans-am might be a little off but it certainly wasn't until well after Eifman's death. Plus he didn't come up with the connection between the Jupiter mission until moments before he was killed and should have had absolutely no way to relay that information.Of course you're right, and I'm wondering if Sunrise pulled their typical "Oh, we forgot to tell you that really smart guy from before, yeah well he knew everything. AND left messages to tell everyone," bullshit. I didn't think Eifman ever left his lab at all last season, and when he was killed he had just figured out where the engines must have come from. There shouldn't have been any time to figure out whatever the hell Billy put into Graham's Weeaboo since they were still doing their best to figure out what GN particles even were.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
The new OP song is nothing to comment about, but the scenes were great in comparison, even if they give away too much. If anybody remembers the second OP from season 1 though, the story ended up nothing like what was depicted, so this could all be simple eye candy. Felt and Anew were also hot! In fact, Anew currently beats dormant Marie in my books.

As for pairing, I'd think Lyle will go with Anew rather than Felt. The scene was reminiscent of the name-trading between Niel and Felt.The slap-scene ended any interaction between him and Felt, plus the Lyle X Anew interaction back on Lagrange 3 support this.

Allelujah has really taken to the backdrop since his quest for love's completion. It's kind of annoying seeing him simply sticking around since he's a meister. If they were going to finish his part so early on in the series, at least they could have prepared some more material for him. Just like last season, I expect him to conquer with the Al/Hall combo when he's actually fighting with the 0-riser.

When we first saw the telepathic linking 0-riser, I so knew it'd turn out to be Marina-voices-out-to-the-world-with 0-riser-Amp ending. But seeing it action is so much more.....painful.

Could this also be Aoelia Schoenberg's plan? Ever since it was obvious Veda didn't hold the knowledge to everything for security purposes, no one really knew what his goal was. Were the Innovators simply catalysts to accelerate the development of the 0-riser?

After all, war has brought about many advances in technology.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Allelujah has really taken to the backdrop since his quest for love's completion. It's kind of annoying seeing him simply sticking around since he's a meister. If they were going to finish his part so early on in the series, at least they could have prepared some more material for him. Just like last season, I expect him to conquer with the Al/Hall combo when he's actually fighting with the 0-riser.

When we first saw the telepathic linking 0-riser, I so knew it'd turn out to be Marina-voices-out-to-the-world-with 0-riser-Amp ending. But seeing it action is so much more.....painful.

After all, war has brought about many advances in technology.
As all wars do, it's just the nature of the arms race.

I don't think Allelujah and Marie's story is close to ending anytime soon. The way he snapped at Sumeragi was pretty telling of an upcoming conflict. Marie doesn't like to fight, but she doesn't mind helping either. It was like Al thought Sumeragi put Marie into the nearest mobile suit and told her to kill everyone. Marie didn't seem to care at all, though she was very happy bringing the meals to everyone.

I still suspect that Marie might have a resurgence of her Soma personality, just as Al will inevitably turn into Hal again. I'm surprised that Al thought Hal was gone, he must not have noticed when he took over when Setsuna first activated the 0-Riser. There will probably be some sweet reunion of her flying into battle to save him, and then some sappy speech to go with it. Like a certain couple from Macross SDF-1.

Speaking of Macross, and transdimensional amplifier technology, I've seen a few comments elsewhere comparing Marina's song broadcast through the 00 to Macross. There's a pretty fundamental difference between the way that Macross and Gundam use songs. Macross songs are War Songs. They have three purposes: Demoralize the enemy, Provide morale for the disposable pilots (since a ton of no named ones always die), and then finally convert the enemy to your side so you can kill other things together. There's no peace songs in Macross (except 7, but they are used as weapons anyway).

There is no similarity to Macross here. Marina's Sappy Children's Choir and lame song is about how kids like popsicles, grass, and turtles. Live 8 wasn't that long ago, and it didn't do a whole hell of a lot of good. Or any of the other Celebrity Save the Cause of the Week tribute songs and how much good it really did in the long term for that matter.

War only ends when one side can't fight anymore. Even if both sides lose their will to fight, someone else will come up with another reason.

DDBen
Mon, 01-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I think its pretty unfair to say Alleluia's role is anywhere near done in the story. I'm pretty sure we have yet to even see the Gun-Archer in action and its pretty blatant the most likely pilot for it is going to be Maria. As such sooner or later he needs to accept she wants to fight by his side and they are the most likely of the meisters to end up dead for there combined sins. The only reason it might seem he's had a small role lately is he had a major arc and the other 3 are simply getting back some missed screentime to develope them.

Speaking of Macross, and transdimensional amplifier technology, I've seen a few comments elsewhere comparing Marina's song broadcast through the 00 to Macross. There's a pretty fundamental difference between the way that Macross and Gundam use songs. Macross songs are War Songs. They have three purposes: Demoralize the enemy, Provide morale for the disposable pilots (since a ton of no named ones always die), and then finally convert the enemy to your side so you can kill other things together. There's no peace songs in Macross (except 7, but they are used as weapons anyway).

Songs were never at any point used as weapons in Macross 7. In Macross 7 yes his music would cause the enemies to flee but never because it was hurting them in fact it was because they couldn't control the orgasmic response they were having from it or because it was breaking the Mind control on them.

In Macross and most of them its used as a means of culture shock to confuse the enemy and either cause them to give up on fighting or keep them confused and unorganized. Its very loosely a weapon as it doesn't actually kill anyone on its own. Also the fact remains "culture shock" is the actual thing that could be considered a weapon Kissing, Beauty pageants and anything else that would be considered culture had the same effect singing was only focused on because they could attach a person to it. Still song isn't a weapon.

In Gundam on the other hand music is generally used to draw people to your cause. In seed Lacus was always used to rally the troops with her music and later when they replaced her with Meer Campbell it was the same reasoning.

Its very fair to say this situation with Maria and the children singing is much closer to how Macross has used music. Kind of a unite the world with music kind of angle instead of a rally the troops one. Using the OO-raiser to actually spread her music is even more of a Macross thing as in Macross 7 and Macross Frontier they would use Battleroids to actually amplify the music so the enemies would hear it. Using the OO-raiser is about the equivalent to using a Macross class ship to blast out music as done recently in Macross Frontier. So essentially assuming Maria and the Children's song if used to bring people together and put a end to war is very blatantly a rip off of Macross.

So essentially what I'm saying is you have the roles of Macross and Gundam COMPLETELY reversed. Macross singers are all people who actually became singers the ability to use there music during a battle comes after the fact and it is not the reason for the music in the first place. The singers in Gundam well in Gundam Seed anyway I can't think of any other gundam using singers in a major role at least. Are used specifically as tools to support the war. That is the only reason Meer even exists in the first place and what Lacus was used for until she met Kira and looked into things at least.

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Setsuna should go for Nena... at least the girl has guts... unlike Marina... heck... I hate her. Fun side... her stupid song saved the life of the man who burned down her country. Way to go Marina! Lolz...

Ali is such a great character... but this would have been a nice way to end his story... guess they still want to have his coolness around.

Kraco
Tue, 01-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Ali is such a great character... but this would have been a nice way to end his story... guess they still want to have his coolness around.

There's nothing nice about a fight where the power gap of the equipment is so huge there actually isn't a fight at all. Of course Ali must have a weaker mobile suit than Setsuna for Setsuna to win since Ali is the only one of them with skills, but at least the gap should be much smaller so that it would feel like a victory for Setsuna.

Everon
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Ali's trademark move. But I suppose it only works well for people like Setsuna, who are driven by their emotions, not wits. It also worked for the Trinity siblings, but they didn't know Ali and unlike CB they were much more like nothing but simple tools.

Its not emotion. Its not even Setsuna being stupid. I'd say the animators don't know how to move the plotline forward, so they're just forcing thier characters to do irrational things.

Its funny, cause they didn't reveal anything of great importance. If anything, they forced him out so he could get shot. Since Setsuna's got himself an invincible gundam now, the only way they could even the playing field is for him to get hurt.

I hope it happens periodically -- setsuna getting shot by Ali. It would be a good reoccurring theme, right next to "A new unit??!" and "I'm fighting to change the world!"

fireheart
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/gallery/misc-images-xiv/gundam00-precure-oppai-1.jpg

while it was stupid of Setsuna to just follow Ali and get out of his Gundam, I find it equally stupid of him to just accept Nenas word without any doubt and just head towards earth within a second. If she wasn't telling the truth they could have gotten so screwed over right there.

Kraco
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
He didn't really have any better ideas and it's the truth Nena had come to aid him earlier. Besides, I think Setsuna is just the type of a person who believes what people tell him. And if somebody lies, he will never forgive them.

fireheart
Wed, 01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Either that or they thought it'd be a waste of screen time for him to have a inner monologue on whether he trusts her or not but considering what she's done it's somewhat hard to believe he'd just believe her. Still if they had waited a moment so that he could have gotten the data then it would have been more acceptable, but then they wouldn't be separated seeing as Setsuna seems to have no idea what so ever where the rest are. Which brings up the point on how he was planning on finding them in the first place since they don't seem to have had any contact at all.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 01-15-2009, 04:13 AM
The new OP song is nothing to comment about, but the scenes were great in comparison, even if they give away too much. If anybody remembers the second OP from season 1 though, the story ended up nothing like what was depicted, so this could all be simple eye candy. Felt and Anew were also hot! In fact, Anew currently beats dormant Marie in my books.

As for pairing, I'd think Lyle will go with Anew rather than Felt. The scene was reminiscent of the name-trading between Niel and Felt.The slap-scene ended any interaction between him and Felt, plus the Lyle X Anew interaction back on Lagrange 3 support this.

I gotta admit before this past episode it was:

1)Feldt
2)Anew
3)Soma/Marie(yes shes only #3, i know im gonna get a lotta shit for this)
4)Sumaragi(so sue me!)
5)Nena
6)Wang Liu Mei(wtf?!?! she was a frontrunner in S1 -.-)
7)Shirin
8)Kati
9)Louise
10)Marina

Now its:
1)Feldt/Anew(tied only because of the new opening lol)
3)Soma/Marie(she remains on #3 only because of the lack of screen time)
4)Sumaragi
5)Nena
6)Wang Liu Mei
7)Shirin
8)Kati
9)Louise
(Marina no longer makes the list)

I too would rather see Lyle with Anew, and I think Setsuna and Feldt wouldnt be a bad pair, but thats not going to happen since he has his princess safely hidden away.