PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Extra Stage 2: Tabidachi no Green

Munsu
Sat, 01-10-2009, 11:38 AM
OVA released by Shinsen:
http://a.scarywater.net/shs/%5BShinsen-subs%5D_Initial_D_Extra_Stage_2_OVA_%5B646C214E%5D .mkv.torrent

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6129
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10222

I think this is a sequel to that first Extra Stage that dealt with the two chick combination of Mako and Sayuki (if not mistaken).

dragonrage
Sat, 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Does this mean that someone other that Takumi Fujiwara gets a girl friend?

Will definitely be watching,

Thanks BUD, still can't get use to calling you Munsu, hope you don't mind.

Kraco
Sat, 01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Goddam this was infuriating. The whole story is. Thus the message after the ED was doubly ironic. The races are awesome but seriously why can't those dudes have girls? It's getting far too annoying to listen to them complain they don't have girlfriends and then the next moment they push the girls away. I guess Takumi honestly didn't need one, being like he his, but these others... Like hell Iketani couldn't have had Mako both race and be his girl. This series is just fucked up.

Still, I hope it continues. This ova was seriously lacking in actual racing, after all.

David75
Sat, 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Goddam this was infuriating. The whole story is. Thus the message after the ED was doubly ironic. The races are awesome but seriously why can't those dudes have girls? It's getting far too annoying to listen to them complain they don't have girlfriends and then the next moment they push the girls away. I guess Takumi honestly didn't need one, being like he his, but these others... Like hell Iketani couldn't have had Mako both race and be his girl. This series is just fucked up.

Still, I hope it continues. This ova was seriously lacking in actual racing, after all.
Exactly.
It's strange because that ova is almost pure shojo when everything so far was pure shonen...
Thing is, it was bad shojo. And I felt no fire in race mode, because it clearly wasn't done as well as usual. This almost 60 minutes ova would have been as easy to follow with a 23 minutes length...

Plus we had no AE86 fight...

Regarding Iketani's ways, well at 14 you may hesitate calling back a bomshell after a mistake. Not at 20+ The guy has to remember that she proposed him her virginity....

dragonrage
Sat, 01-10-2009, 07:08 PM

Yes this ova was pretty much boring, not a lot of racing nor anything of relevance really. I guess it was made to tie up some loose ends. The ending was to show that it was a clean break I guess, no more what if? i suppose.

And I do want to see more of this anime. there is so many possibilities, and the older takahashi still has about 6 months before he has to take over the hospitals and there is a whole lot more of japan to conquer.

animus
Sun, 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Wonder how far ahead the manga is now? Enough for another 13 episode OVA? Hopefully.

Road Racers don't need girlfriends!