PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 91

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 06:40 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 91. (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=45724)

Confidence much? Still, this may be our last chance to compare DB subs with someone else, so do as you will.

(Still, this is awfully quick, I can't tell if it's a scam)

ASSpirine
Thu, 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Ho can it be aired today? Isn't it usually the next day?...

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
It's impossibly fast, if you take into account raw capture, raw encode, raw download, translation, typesetting, re-encoding and uploading times, omitting editing and QC times.

But, it has aired. Like I said, do as you will. I'll be waiting for Taka, or DB.

Parkalash
Thu, 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM
1 thing is for sure thou, the Ep was bad thou filler -.-

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm assuming that when VIZ starts doing hour-later subs, its because they do the subbing beforehand. So then I will wait for the inevitable "leaked sub files" + raw which is sure to follow.

Pandadice
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
It's impossibly fast, if you take into account raw capture, raw encode, raw download, translation, typesetting, re-encoding and uploading times, omitting editing and QC times.

But, it has aired. Like I said, do as you will. I'll be waiting for Taka, or DB.

isn't it just a chrunchyroll rip?

thats what I assumed it was.

I'll be waiting for DB as well. to bad it's not a double episodes this week :\

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think Dattebayo is doing this episode. This one is already 'legally' on crunchyroll.

There is a supposed 1080p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=45764)version of Horrible subs and a 420p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=45763)as well

Kraco
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I could actually watch these subs. I watched the 420p one, and it wasn't that bad. Actually I didn't really noticed anything bad. The picture was good, the subs were good enough for Naruto. Karaoke (in English) is obviously missing, though.

What comes to the episode itself, it somewhat amused me. To watch something like this after the Akatsuki fights was just... Dunno. It was like some parody episode. Still, seeing (and hearing) Jiraiya and Hinata is enough for me in the short run at least. Although Hinata should really switch into tighter clothes...

Ren
Thu, 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Just watched the 1080p version, good stuff. Subs are watchable. Only thing that kind of bothered me was the "Pervy Sage" thing, but I guess that's just because I was used to DBs translation.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Just watched the 1080p as well.
Better than DB for sure.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I watched 480p. Shitty framerate stutter is annoying the hell out of me. The actual video is encoded at 24fps, so it's either both my computers' problems, or the actual source. But you guys seem fine the 1080p version, so I'll give that a try.

The episode itself was alright, standard filler type material. I thought the new ED was great...until they started signing.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Dattebayo endorses Horriblesubs (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns091.torrent)

digitalrurouni
Thu, 01-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Hold up...so DB is stopping work on Naruto right? And is this Horriblesubs people taking over and going to release 1080p versions?

Maverick-DBZ-
Fri, 01-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm not falling for it. This could very well be the biggest troll DB has EVER pulled. Why not wait it out before believing what they say?

As for the episode I thought it was pretty good. When I saw the ending though, I had a "WTF" moment all the way to the end. I guess after I've seen it a few times I won't care.

Uberbaka
Fri, 01-09-2009, 12:08 AM
What
The
Frog

ASSpirine
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Hold up...so DB is stopping work on Naruto right? And is this Horriblesubs people taking over and going to release 1080p versions?

There's also another group who are subbing, called Taka. You can download their torrents from the release topic

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:19 AM
So...if we could talk about the actual episode.

If this episode was all filler, it was filler I enjoyed thoroughly.

Naruto is learning new techniques, and they're frog team up techniques? That's epic. And about fucking time.

The badguys also feel less generic than normal filler badguys. Athough "cursed seal" rejects was a plot thread they already explored in the old series fillers. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into another Mizuki the Tiger arc.

jimtacticz
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:23 AM
what is ASSpirine talking about DB always released it day of they never did it day after
they even said it one time like bleach is tuesdays now
which it also airs on tuesdays and well bye naruto :(

Jessper
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
The whole hideout trap going off scene was awkward, the rest I didn't mind so much. The ending scene was pretty interesting, if they show a real fight between Sasuke and Orochimaru it would be very cool.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I think they're just posturing. Sasuke has become an even more arrogant douche since joining Oro.

Pandadice
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:10 AM
lol, as for the group sent out to find orochimaru, i thought it was funny how all of them are good scouts. i thought it was kinda redundant. hinata's byakugan, shino's bugs, and kiba/akamaru's nose. heck, even Kakashi's got his dogs. they make a pretty good group to scout.

i didn't like how the bad lady just kinda killed everything in 1 ultimate move thing. that was kinda lame.

mmm.. i'm interested in seeing naruto develop a new move which uses a summon, but I hope he gets a new frog when he actually uses it in a real fight. lol, the sync training they were doing seemed straight out of the Neon Genesis episode where they have to get in sync to fight.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:40 AM
I bet you Naruto's new frog-sync technique will be used for this filler's finale and that only. I guess that's a good thing, keeping it all contained.

I agree with whoever said Sasuke's grown up to be an even bigger douche, but that can't be helped. During the last arc of PreShippuuden, he's already arrogant at how Konoha was no place for him. The last three years he's been treated as princess, being the one directly under Oro (literally the case in fanfics), and most liklely on equal footing with Kabuto.

It doesn't make this any more enjoyable, but at least it makes sense.

Hopefully his test is something awesome directly out of the manga.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 01-09-2009, 08:47 AM
lol, as for the group sent out to find orochimaru, i thought it was funny how all of them are good scouts. i thought it was kinda redundant. hinata's byakugan, shino's bugs, and kiba/akamaru's nose. heck, even Kakashi's got his dogs. they make a pretty good group to scout.

i didn't like how the bad lady just kinda killed everything in 1 ultimate move thing. that was kinda lame.

mmm.. i'm interested in seeing naruto develop a new move which uses a summon, but I hope he gets a new frog when he actually uses it in a real fight. lol, the sync training they were doing seemed straight out of the Neon Genesis episode where they have to get in sync to fight.

the naruto anime might as well just put Eva in their credits at this point.

tight episode. except for yeah that bad lady and her "crystal prison" nonsense.

RyougaZell
Fri, 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
The new ending sequence creeped me out.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes...yes. It was very "wtf?".

lol, the sync training they were doing seemed straight out of the Neon Genesis episode where they have to get in sync to fight.Also DBZ.

Fuu-sion-HA!

ASSpirine
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
what is ASSpirine talking about DB always released it day of they never did it day after
they even said it one time like bleach is tuesdays now
which it also airs on tuesdays and well bye naruto :(

Ok, i'm sorry. But I don't understand a thing you're trying to say...

I mean, wasn't Naruto always aired on friday in Japan, meaning we could download it on friday with subs? How come that other group released it even before friday?
Did they change the airing date of Naruto?

Ow yeah, the ending song indeed creeps me out... That's something I'm gonna skip everytime...

Pandadice
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
japans like 14 hours ahead of the us, it airs to them like Thursday evening. so minus 14 hours from that, you get like Thursday morning, and then when crunchyroll hosts the episodes 1 hour after they air in japan, it's thursday morning. like 6am. people in the States can view the shippuuden episode at like 6am est on crunchyroll.

all someone has to do, is get the crunchyroll membership, wait for the episode with subs to come out on crunchyroll, and then just rip it off of crunchyroll, and you've got a subbed version early thursday morning, while DB has to take time to get the raw, and translate and encode and junk, leaving them to release thursday night. i downloaded their releases late thursday night (technically friday morning) like I always do, i didn't notice a differences in their release at all.

Penner
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
liked the ep, loved the ending! ;D

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, this was a fun episode. The animation was also very crisp.
It's funny to see Kabuto, a pretty good medical ninja, not able to tie his own bandages...
I laughed hardest at the very end of the ending with Lee, Naruto en Gai-sensei crying/screaming. :p

Spaceaprion
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I like the new ending a lot, couldn't stop laughing

lilphatboi88
Sat, 01-10-2009, 03:35 AM
I liked the episodes. I think DB or the people who make Naruto heard all our comments and put it into this episode.

Stuff like....I'm tired of everyone always putting/looking down Naruto

Wanting to see other characters

New Technique,

More sasuke

blah blah blah

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-10-2009, 06:18 AM
I think DB or the people who make Naruto heard all our comments and put it into this episode.

DB does nothing but add subtitles to Naruto episodes.

ASSpirine
Sat, 01-10-2009, 09:45 AM
DB does nothing but add subtitles to Naruto episodes.

My thoughts exactly, I was thinking. What has DB to do with creating Naruto?
The rest of the prisoners who "stayed" back kinda looked like they escaped from a freak sow...

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Still, seeing (and hearing) Jiraiya and Hinata is enough for me in the short run at least. Although Hinata should really switch into tighter clothes...

Quoted for truth.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n435/luisris0025/hinata10.jpg

Give us some fanservice ffs

PS: ...Best...Ending...Ever...

This filler looks alot better than the last one, and i can't wait for the good laughs i'll get when they try to explain how that crystal jutsu works .

Pandadice
Sat, 01-10-2009, 11:38 AM
The rest of the prisoners who "stayed" back kinda looked like they escaped from a freak sow...

ah dude, that was so weird how like every single prisoner morphed into some kind of mutant beast thing... both when fighting, and then when they confronted her. I didn't like it.

KrayZ33
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
The episode was good, it seems like Naruto is going to learn something now, I just hope that they won't leave it with just 1 jutsu..

[HorribleSubs] were pretty good too, I watched the 420p version (I couldn't watch the 1080 without lags and problems with the synchronisation). The 420p version is for paying members on chrunchy rolls, isn't it?

Btw: Oh my god, the new ending is so cool "BACCHIKOI, BACCHIKOI BABY"... the faces Guy,Lee and Naruto made when watching the sun were so great... (T_T)b

and it was very cute to see Hinata and Ino dancing like that ^^

ASSpirine
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
ah dude, that was so weird how like every single prisoner morphed into some kind of mutant beast thing... both when fighting, and then when they confronted her. I didn't like it.

Yeah, they kinda changed to their level 2 curse quite quickly. It surprised me that the guy with the shouldercannon made it alive out of the lair. Figured he'd be the first one to die, is this the first time we see a gun/canon in Naruto?

Ow yeah, how the hell are you supposed to read the karaoke words in the song? It kept spinning like crazy.

RyougaZell
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Seeing the ending again... the closeup to the three girls at the end was beautiful.

What's with Chouji's surprised face?

Jessper
Sat, 01-10-2009, 01:01 PM
[HorribleSubs] were pretty good too, I watched the 420p version (I couldn't watch the 1080 without lags and problems with the synchronisation). The 420p version is for paying members on chrunchy rolls, isn't it?

If you pay you get to watch the 420 version the moment it is released (normally you have to wait a week and only get the 420 version) but you also get access to the 720p.

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
What's with Chouji's surprised face?

Probably his horny face

Btw, anyone else loled at how they completely left Tenten off the new ending?

The poor girl really has absolutely no fanbase.

Darthmoe
Sat, 01-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought that new ending was pretty horrible. It was really cheesy

lilphatboi88
Sat, 01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
My thoughts exactly, I was thinking. What has DB to do with creating Naruto?

Yes...it looks like Bill already answered that question...And don't forget to quote, "or the people who make Naruto." I'm also thinking it's possible when putting in subs, DB would have some sort of power to tailor it to GW liking.

RyougaZell
Sat, 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Probably his horny face

Btw, anyone else loled at how they completely left Tenten off the new ending?

The poor girl really has absolutely no fanbase.

She isn't dancing. But she IS on the ending.

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Yup you're right, i don't know how i missed such a prominent role

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7540/semttulobf3.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=semttulobf3.jpg)

KrayZ33
Sat, 01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
ten ten could be a really cool character... but they didn't manage to show that.

I wouldn't mind if they really show us how well she can handle so many weapons together with tai-jutsu... she is the ideal character for that (Chun Li!!)

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Nah. This series only expand a characters role if they do well on a poll.

Archangel
Sun, 01-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Nah. This series only expand a characters role if they do well on a poll.

Well that does make sense doesn't it? At least Kishi is giving the fans what they want.

RyougaZell
Sun, 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Bad point is the japs love Sasuke too much.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Point taken

Not to spoil or anything but i'm pretty sure that due to recent events on the manga Naruto's popularity rating is gonna sky rocket in the next poll

lilphatboi88
Mon, 01-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Your referral to the Japanese can be quite offensive.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Your referral to the Japanese can be quite offensive.

He has facts to back him up, emo boy had the last 2 first places in the popularity polls.

Azonalanthious
Mon, 01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
He has facts to back him up, emo boy had the last 2 first places in the popularity polls.

I believe he was refering to the use of 'japs' which like 'nips' or 'japos' is often considered a negative term.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 01-12-2009, 07:02 PM

lol, i think azon is a right.

I was wondering what you were talking about at first, then i figured it out and lol

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Arch just assumed you werent talking about something retarded. He shouldve known better.

Jessper
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Arch just assumed you werent talking about something retarded. He shouldve known better.

I got what he meant right away and even thought it was pretty odd for Ryouga to use it before lil posted.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I guess its just a case of 'do you think there are "bad" words?'. Apparently you do.

Jessper
Tue, 01-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Edit: Whatever this is offtopic and I don't care anymore.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:18 PM

Care to enlighten me on how addressing an issue of a racial slur is retarded?

If you can, then that's cool. But don't be such a dick if you don't have to.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 11:50 PM

the fact that you immediately assume he was being derogatory towards japs just shows where your mindset is at. he shortened a word and you call it a racial slur? alright...?

I know its not "politically correct" to call someone a jap, but do you blindly follow everything you're taught to do and not to do? havent you ever thought... "hmm that doesnt make sense at all, I dont need to listen to the majority and I can think for myself."

wellllll maybe you just dont agree with me that words like "jap" have no meaning or any real malicious intent behind it. its not like we enslaved their people and called them all japs for hundreds of years while they were working for nothing.

anyway, from a quick look at a few of the polls im happy to see my boy shikamaru up there. yeah sasuke's an emo tool, but hes our emo tool.. and he gives the show some depth and range in personality.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 01-14-2009, 12:27 AM
quick response...i was letting him know, that in case he didn't know, the use of the word "jap" is derogatory.

and now after reading...

In case You didn't know, America has treated the Japanese-Americans very cruelly after the Pearl Harbor incident. Also, some asians were used as slaves. Another thing was trafficking asians to build railroads and shit.

And, if you look at it from a Japanese point of view, back then, the use of the word "jap" was always synonymous with derogatory terms. So, in that sense, if I am Japanese and others refer to me as a "jap," I'd be insulted because that's how others refer to me out of disrespect. It's almost similar to how in Asian culture, older parents would feel disrespected if they were addressed by their first name by a young child, not necessarily their own child. I also know someone close to me who hates being addressed as a "jap."

So before you talk to me about blindly following the majority opinion, get out into the real world and start opening your eyes.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-14-2009, 02:09 AM
yeah sasuke's an emo tool, but hes our emo tool.. and he gives the show some depth and range in personality.Sasuke has personality?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 01-14-2009, 02:29 AM
quick response...i was letting him know, that in case he didn't know, the use of the word "jap" is derogatory.

and now after reading...

In case You didn't know, America has treated the Japanese-Americans very cruelly after the Pearl Harbor incident. Also, some asians were used as slaves. Another thing was trafficking asians to build railroads and shit.

And, if you look at it from a Japanese point of view, back then, the use of the word "jap" was always synonymous with derogatory terms. So, in that sense, if I am Japanese and others refer to me as a "jap," I'd be insulted because that's how others refer to me out of disrespect. It's almost similar to how in Asian culture, older parents would feel disrespected if they were addressed by their first name by a young child, not necessarily their own child. I also know someone close to me who hates being addressed as a "jap."

So before you talk to me about blindly following the majority opinion, get out into the real world and start opening your eyes.

so being in the real world means I know that americans didnt like japanese people back when they were at war with eachother... and that japanese as a culture are easily offended?

thanks for the semantics but if I needed to read facts I'd go to wikipedia.

My point was you shouldn't always assume the worst. You couldn't hear his tone when he said it... cause he never actually said it... so when you cant be sure of something one way or the other you shouldnt care and waste your time trying to make sure someone isn't disrespected over the internet.

Kraco
Wed, 01-14-2009, 02:55 AM
What the heck is this? The next person who continues to talk about something else than Naruto will get plenty of free time to study the issue of demonyms. Somehow I think RyougaZell also noticed already some people are offended by that word.

So, why don't you drop the issue for now, lilphatboi.

Archangel
Wed, 01-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Sasuke has personality?

In recent years the popular media have associated emo with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angsty. It is also associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide.

And there it is.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll ignore what a simple word I WROTE caused... (Kagemane, thanks dude)

Anyways... about Naruto...

They are calling his the 'three tails' arc thanks to the preview shown several episodes ago. I am curious to see how they are handling a tailed beast among this mess of yet again more curse seal freaks.

I miss the times when they said that only those special acquired Curse Seal Level 2... which meant that Jiroubu, Sakon, Ukon, Kidoumaru, Kimimaro and Tayuya were special.

Now its only a freak show.

Damn filler writers.

Assertn
Wed, 01-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Actually....believe it or not, those stupid looking curse seal rejects that got crystallized were taken from another place in the manga. Although their role was really insignificant in both so i'm sure it didn't matter much.

But yeah, as I said way back when Kimimaru appeared...for every CS guy introduced, that means 10 people that had been bitten by Orochimaru (if the 10% survival rate is true). The guy sure was busy it seems.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-14-2009, 11:13 AM
They were...? Oh heck... now I remember... more reason to curse the filler writers...

And yeah... the guy was definitely busy...

I miss Tayuya and the other Sound Five...

Archangel
Wed, 01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I miss Tayuya and the other Sound Five...

You really have a thing for tsunderes don't u?

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-14-2009, 12:03 PM
You just noticed?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
They are calling his the 'three tails' arc thanks to the preview shown several episodes ago. I am curious to see how they are handling a tailed beast among this mess of yet again more curse seal freaks.Well, if the preview is anything to go by, the kid hanging out with Kabuto is the jinchuuriki.