PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 201

Nadouku
Tue, 01-06-2009, 08:46 PM
[Dattebayo] Bleach - Episode 201: Download (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b201.torrent)

==================================================

Excellent episode, I must say. Kenpachi and Nnoita are just too awesome on a huge power-level scale. Both are having fun and enjoy what's progressing so far. Lets see how far they get before one emerges victorious.

Crash
Tue, 01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
I <3 Kenpachi. I think that's all that really needs to be said :D

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Indeed.

And yet...I shall say more! Episode was so fucking sweet! So now Kenpachi has revealed all his old powerups, and Noitra has finally revealed the power up we knew was coming, so now it's just a matter of what is Kenpachi gonna show us thats new that kicks Noitra's ass!

Artris
Wed, 01-07-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm really starting to wonder about Kenpachi's sword. He mentioned it was "sharper" for fighting someone as powerful as Noitra, so perhaps that is some foreshadowing of a release? I mean, Kenpachi's sword doesn't talk to him, but maybe its just never been exciting/fun enough for it to care.

As cliche as it is, and as much as it doesn't fit his character, I would love to see Ken go Bankai on Noitra's sorry ass. I mean seriously, bragging about having a gaping hole in his head: Noitra deserves a beating.

Kraco
Wed, 01-07-2009, 04:41 AM
I think Kenpachi has still been taking it pretty easy. He has got slashed a few times now, but I still haven't been getting the feeling from him that he would really consider himself to be fighting for his very life. Perhaps after this latest surprise extra arm attack Kenpachi will start to get serious. He still hasn't even delivered the debated attack with both hands, either.

Nnoitra's four weapons are kind of redundant. They are so bulky there's no way he could actually use more than two effectively at once in any attack, lest they get into each others' way. The rest are just for show, or should he lose one, he could immediately compensate. I wonder how much reiatsu he has left, though. He has now fought for a long time, first against Nel as well, and now he's even regrowing arms. His body seems so light anyway that he should be running out of steam any time now if anything in this show makes any sense. You'd think he would try to finish this all soon.

I'm really starting to wonder about Kenpachi's sword. He mentioned it was "sharper" for fighting someone as powerful as Noitra, so perhaps that is some foreshadowing of a release?

Before Kenpachi's own speech, I thought with his old mastery of fighting he could somehow adjust his reiatsu to better cut a specific opponent after trial and error. But it seems it was just shaking off some dust, based on his own words.

sl00ke
Wed, 01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
would be really cool if zaraki atleast unleashed his zanpaktou, but in the bleach universe this would never happen, its not neccessary...kenpachi is kenpachi.. =]

good ep, really looking forward to next ep..too bad i read about this 2handed bs if its true that is...over and out eh!

Crash
Wed, 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
so now it's just a matter of what is Kenpachi gonna show us thats new that kicks Noitra's ass!

I'm hoping for Shikai. Bankai would be cool, but it'd be too big a jump and i don't think it'd fit Kenpachi's style very well. He was simply destroying Noitra before, so an upgrade to Shikai should be plenty enough to deal with him now.

Btw, did anyone else laugh their ass off at Ken and Yachiru talking about cutting Noitra's arms off? Lol best part of the whole episode IMO.

Nadouku
Wed, 01-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Btw, did anyone else laugh their ass off at Ken and Yachiru talking about cutting Noitra's arms off? Lol best part of the whole episode IMO.

Yea, I laughed at that part too. Nice comedy relief during that intense action.

I can't see a way for Zaraki to fight evenly with Nnoita without, like Archangel said, breaking the laws of power in Bleach, since that eye-patch is off and he's still struggling against the six-armed opponent.

Penner
Wed, 01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
crazy awesome ep!

And Zarakis sword getting sharper the more powerful the opponent is seems like a good idea, it would fit his style great imo, also at the preview of the next episode they show him standing holding his sword horizontally and it does indeed look like its "sharper" than before, or atleast the edge of the sword is more 'shiny' implicating its sharper.

Or i could just be over analyzing stuff and it was just something he said, meh :P

Kraco
Wed, 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
You can say a sword is sharper when you fare better in a fight, that is, manage to cut when you previously couldn't. It doesn't need to mean the blade's edge actually became sharper physically.

Nintendo
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
great episode as expected but for the 1st time we see Inoue not passive when she tried to protect Yachiru although we all know that if Noitra attacked,her sheild would be shattered easily but that was great to see Inoue useful in battles and not afraid and slow acting as always

Kraco
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
It was also quite funny that Inoue thought Yachiru would need protection. I'm sure Nnoitra would have needed a few moments to beat her (or even catch her), although we have never seen Yachiru fight. But she is an old liuetenant (despite being loli), so she should have serious skills.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm still waiting for the inevitable "Yachiru is a freakin badass!" reveal.

Artris
Fri, 01-09-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm hoping for Shikai. Bankai would be cool, but it'd be too big a jump and i don't think it'd fit Kenpachi's style very well. He was simply destroying Noitra before, so an upgrade to Shikai should be plenty enough to deal with him now.

His sword is already in Shikai, isn't it? I thought it was like Ichigo's.

That was great lol. "Ok, I'll leave him with one." Noitra looked about ready to chew nails.

Kraco
Fri, 01-09-2009, 03:56 AM
His sword is already in Shikai, isn't it? I thought it was like Ichigo's.

If it is, then what is its special power? Ichigo can shoot that energy charge, but I can't recall Kenpachi showing any fancy powers. Slicing those buildings back then was probably nothing but emitting insane reiatsu in general.

Jessper
Fri, 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM
If it is, then what is its special power? Ichigo can shoot that energy charge, but I can't recall Kenpachi showing any fancy powers. Slicing those buildings back then was probably nothing but emitting insane reiatsu in general.

The scene where Kenpachi talks about it was not exactly clear. He said his sword was like Ichigo's, always in Shikai since he couldn't lower his reiatsu enough to reseal it. This makes sense given the explanation about Ichigo not being able to seal his sword and Kenpachi's obviously insane reiatsu but you have to wonder if the user never discovered the name of their sword would enough power just break it free anyways?

Until we see something more about his sword it is going to be hard to say one way or the other.

Crash
Sat, 01-10-2009, 02:12 AM
His sword is already in Shikai, isn't it? I thought it was like Ichigo's

I suppose that could be true, but as Kraco said the other characters Shikai come with some kind of special ability and as far as we've seen or been told Kenpachi's has none. Also even Ichigo's Zanpaktou didn't go permanent shikai until her learned it's name. The show has never really told us one way or another though. I don't believe Kenpachi said their zanpaktou's were the same, but rather that he and Ichigo were the same in terms of being unable to suppress their riatsu

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm still waiting for the inevitable "Yachiru is a freakin badass!" reveal.

Seriously, i really want to see her going all out.

Inazuma
Sat, 01-10-2009, 05:44 PM
For that you'ld need Zaraki to die, because he loves his little Fuku Taicho so much.

And killing Zaraki is like dividing by zero or spitting on Chuck Norris.

Not Gonna Happen

Kraco
Sat, 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM
For that you'ld need Zaraki to die, because he loves his little Fuku Taicho so much.

I wonder how much sense that actually makes. Zaraki loves fighting above all else, and has shown he also thinks others should love as well. He picked up Yachiru because she was smiling while covered in blood (of people Zaraki had just slain). So, it would more or less make sense he would also allow Yachiru to fight, in my opinion. Unless for him Yachiru is like some external last innocent part of his own shelf, that is, he can be a ruthless killer as long as Yachiru lives happily. But honestly Kenpachi never looked like anything that complicated.

Archangel
Sat, 01-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Well that's one of the many reasons why it would be great if Kubo went into more detail about Zaraki's past

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-12-2009, 01:25 AM
His sword is already in Shikai, isn't it? I thought it was like Ichigo'sIt's not. Using your Shikai requires knowing your swords name, even if you only do it once.

Kenpachi has never spoken to his zanpaktou. Or at least, not until after he lost to Ichigo.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 10:10 AM
It's not. Using your Shikai requires knowing your swords name, even if you only do it once.

Kenpachi has never spoken to his zanpaktou. Or at least, not until after he lost to Ichigo.

But that sword is in Shikai form

Kempachi is the exception since he's able to release it by using spirit pressure instead of "getting to know it"

TwisT
Mon, 01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Where does he say that that is his Shikai? I would like some evidence of this.

The proof i have that it's NOT his shikai would be Episode 38 subbed by Lunar.

This is what Zaraki tells Itchigo in four sentences that should be pretty clear that it's not a shikai.

"My soul slayer ain't got a name"
"My sword is butt-ass naked"
"It ain't got a sealed form to begin with"
"This is my soul slayer's true form"

So what i get out from that is he has never ever talked to his zanpaktou. It has NEVER been in first one form and then he has released it with his spirit pressure only to have get stuck in that form. It doesn't even mention anything about his spirit pressure being so high that he forced a release so the fact is that people just seem to pull bullshit from their asses and calling it fact. If it where to have been released because his spirit pressure being so high, it would have a form. It would first have it's original form and then it's released form even if it gets stuck in this form, just like Itchigo's which first had it's original form and then the shikai which for some reason it's stuck in.

Also people usually say things like "just like Itchigo". But the fact is he got his sword like that in connection with his Vizard transformation. His spirit pressure was never that hi. His sword was like that wen he fought Ikkaku. His sword was like that when he first encountered Zaraki, and he couldn't even cut him. His spirit pressure didn't go up until he encountered Zangetsu after getting struck down by Zaraki. So there is no similarity's between Zaraki's and Itchigo's zanpaktou's.

So far i have never ever been shown any kind of proof to support this claim that Zaraki has forced his zanpaktou into shikai using his spirit pressure and that's it stuck in shikai form. As i see it people have probably theorized about this subject for some time and somewhere along the line theory's became fact for some people.

So if any of you have any evidence of this shikai claim please prove me wrong.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Look, when referring to Zaraki we've always heard "the one captain who's never obtained bankai", not "the one captain who's never obtained shikai"

It's just common sense dude

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I like how you refer to that one time someone called him "the captain that never attained bankai" as "always".

Common sense says that Kenpachi's zanpatou isn't released because he doesn't know its name. You can't release your Zanpaktou without knowing its name. Even Ichigo's, who's always released now, needed to know his Zanpaktou's name the first time.
Kempachi is the exception since he's able to release it by using spirit pressure instead of "getting to know it"This is not common sense. This is something you've pulled from nowhere.

TwisT
Mon, 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Look, when referring to Zaraki we've always heard "the one captain who's never obtained bankai", not "the one captain who's never obtained shikai"

Ok since you put it that way let's say hypothetical Zaraki had shikai. What do he get out of it? So far we have seen nothing to indicate that people get powerups from shikai more then that they gain new abilitys. Hinamori could shoot some kind of eneryball. Kira got a more passive ability that makes the enemys sword get heavier when they hit. Byakuya got his sakura leaf blade thingy. Itchimaru got his blade extending/shooting skill. Aizen hot his hypnosis ability. The two older captains (forgot their name but the sick one and the samurai one) got a duel wield ability and we don't even know if that is all, since they never fought with it. The list goes on.

But so far non has gotten a physical powerup from it. Itchigo is the exception. But that was because he borrowed or fused his power with Zangetsu. And let's say that would be possible for everyone, Zaraki still can't do that since he can't even talk or hear his zanpaktou.

So Zaraki would get no powerup from his shikai. So why would that be required for him to be a captain if it gives him nothing whatsoever?

Also let's say there was a sprint test requirement for becoming a captain where you have to run a mile. And let's say you have to run under 3min. All captains have successfully completed the test in under 3 min except Zaraki who ran in on 5:32. You don't say he is the only captain to not run under 5 min. You say he's the only one to not run under 3min. Just because they said only captain to not acquire bankai doesn't mean he has obtain shikai. Because so far bankai has been synonym to captains. Only captains had bankai when SS arc was. Renji gained his during the SS and was the first non captain to gain it. Itchigo isn't part of SS and he is basically on captain level anyway. Ikkaku gained his after. And apart from those 3 no one have gotten bankai that wasn't a captain (if my memory serves me correct).

So "captain=have bankai" and therefor it is needed to point out that Zaraki doesn't have it.

Also let's say he has shikai. The whole discussion right now about this fact is is usually the resault of what power up Zaraki can present to beat Noitora (if he needs any powerup at all). Well in terms of power up even if he has shikai he doesn't get anything out of it. So the first powerup would be to learn it's name so that he can utilize it's shikai ability. People say that he already have shikai so everyone expect bankai to be the next step. But not even that is true. His shikai ABILITY would be.

Now back to lurking-mode again ;)

redcat
Mon, 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM

no, it's because bankai was the new big thing in the series

Jessper
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Because so far bankai has been synonym to captains. Only captains had bankai when SS arc was. Renji gained his during the SS and was the first non captain to gain it. Itchigo isn't part of SS and he is basically on captain level anyway. Ikkaku gained his after. And apart from those 3 no one have gotten bankai that wasn't a captain (if my memory serves me correct).

So "captain=have bankai" and therefor it is needed to point out that Zaraki doesn't have it.

If having Bankai is a requirement for being a captain then they obviously achieved it before they became captains. Plus, as we have seen from Zaraki you can simply best a captain in battle and take their place. Bankai is just a step on one of the paths to becoming a captain.

A released sword doesn't have to give an ability that is something we see all the time. Obviously most swords are capable of fighting without using their main ability all the time and with Zaraki's extreme opposition to getting help from his sword in the past there is no reason to assume he would have looked or tried to force an extra ability.

All in all with the ambiguity that Zaraki put on the whole situation ("This is my soul slayer's true form" remember this is when they were constantly talking about a soul slayer's true form being Shikai) it is difficult to say. Sure he could have been referring to never having released it but at the time he was comparing it to Ichigo's. Maybe if he had said it wasn't a Zanpaktu but rather just some metal he uses to attack people with. I'm not saying that the sword not being released makes more sense but rather that there is no where near enough evidence to say one way or the other, even more so when there is no rule set we can look at to determine if something is actually impossible.

Having said all that I think his sword is not in Shikai.

Archangel
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Meh, maybe you're right.

I don't care enough about this anime anymore to even try to come up with a rebuttal, its quality is really going downhill lately :(

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think its in Shikai either. Like nearly all Shikai-forms so far have shown in the anime to have a black back and white/grey edge. I'm not counting Suzumebachi because that becomes something else then a sword with different colours or Heineko and Senbonsakura . Zaraki does not have that. I believe he also stated he doesn't know the name and he doesn't believe in that crap how Zanpaktou and Shinigami fight as one. As fas as we have been shown Zanpaktou have a mind of their own. I think his Zanpaktou's "mind" is just broken or hates him.

And if people really want to continue just compromise. Say he has forced the "power" of his Zanpaktou to Shikai by forcing it with his Reiatsu but did not force the form and abilty of it =\