PDA

View Full Version : White Album

Munsu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
First episode out by Eclipse:
http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2001%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b7A34D827%5d.mkv.tor rent

Don't have a description with me at the moment. Will edit when I find one.

http://www.whitealbum-tv.com/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10134
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6026

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
First impressions of the series:

I'm a little surprised it takes place in the late 80s, but it makes a lot of sense to do so. That's when idols (in Japan or the States) had stupidly elaborate costumes, like Rina's rose on the head thing. It's a more vivid time in terms of attention grabbing idols.

I also liked that Touya's thoughts are all internal, just text on the screen. It gives them a more powerful image that they are "thoughts" rather than internal monologue like anime adaptations normally do.

We can already see some strains on Yuki and Touya's relationship. They had that long phone call, but otherwise it seems like the dream will slowly become reality. She will only get more busy, and have less and less time to spend with him. They like each other a lot, clearly, but they already seem so out of sync.

I was also surprised how close Yuki and Rina are. Rina really treats Yuki well, but not in any sort of sempai-kouhai relationship, but more as friends.

What I really wonder the most is how Rina gets closer to Touya to create this love triangle. It would be pretty cold-hearted if she met him solely through his relationship with Yuki, but I can't think of any other way she'd meet him, since Rina is just as busy as Yuki right now.

The OP was okay, a little slow for a Mizuki Nana song, but I really liked the ED.

narutosharingan
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Interesting first episode. I enjoyed the OP. This was a bit slower than I thought it would be, maybe it has to do with the background music. I guess they decided to show how Yuki and Touya were starting to drift apart in the very first episode. My guess is that Rina would get to know Touya through Yuki, as I'm not sure how many other ways he could just meet an idol like that.

The words/thoughts on the screen were a nice effect; it feels appropriate somehow.

animus
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM
First impressions of the series:

I'm a little surprised it takes place in the late 80s, but it makes a lot of sense to do so. That's when idols (in Japan or the States) had stupidly elaborate costumes, like Rina's rose on the head thing. It's a more vivid time in terms of attention grabbing idols.

I also liked that Touya's thoughts are all internal, just text on the screen. It gives them a more powerful image that they are "thoughts" rather than internal monologue like anime adaptations normally do.

We can already see some strains on Yuki and Touya's relationship. They had that long phone call, but otherwise it seems like the dream will slowly become reality. She will only get more busy, and have less and less time to spend with him. They like each other a lot, clearly, but they already seem so out of sync.

I was also surprised how close Yuki and Rina are. Rina really treats Yuki well, but not in any sort of sempai-kouhai relationship, but more as friends.

What I really wonder the most is how Rina gets closer to Touya to create this love triangle. It would be pretty cold-hearted if she met him solely through his relationship with Yuki, but I can't think of any other way she'd meet him, since Rina is just as busy as Yuki right now.

The OP was okay, a little slow for a Mizuki Nana song, but I really liked the ED.

Really? The hairstyles seem oddly a bit too contemporary to be from then.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Really? The hairstyles seem oddly a bit too contemporary to be from then.
Touya's calender said 1986.

Your're right about the hairstyles though. Their normal hairstyles definitely, but the idol ones (Rina's getups, Yuki's punk one, and the 8 Bitches) are a little more 80s. A distinct lack on a high percentage of perms though.

Marik
Mon, 01-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I enjoyed the first episode, so I'll continue to watch this. The main guy annoys me though, he's way too clingy.

salmonman78
Mon, 01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Good deal, was just wondering when it would come out. Now just have to wait until I go back to work to download.

Board of Command
Tue, 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I recognized Hirano Aya's voice from the first word of the opening scene. She needs to switch it up a bit.

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-06-2009, 04:52 AM
I think it is more that the tone she uses for Yuki is exactly the same as the one she just used for Minato in Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka.

fireheart
Tue, 01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Kinda have mixed feelings for this show, part of me want to keep watching while the other part of me doesn't. It left an unpleasant feeling after the episode ended, too much angst or hints of it doesn't sit to good with me. Or maybe it's just because the idol thing reminds me of I''s except instead of building the relationship they just skip to the whole not being able to met often and the out of sync part. Then again if it can invoke feelings then it got to be doing something right

narutosharingan
Tue, 01-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I think it is more that the tone she uses for Yuki is exactly the same as the one she just used for Minato in Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka.

That's the first thing I noticed when started this. It feels like it's the exact same (which feels weird since that series just finished).

Board of Command
Wed, 01-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I actually found it to be identical to Ayu from Hyakko. I stopped watching Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka after 3 episodes.

Pandadice
Wed, 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought the first episode was kinda plan. Wasn't impressed with it. But, I think that the series has the potential to be very good, so I will continue to watch. (I thought the same thing about Ef - Melodies, and I loved that series, so we'll see)

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:46 AM
enjoyed it. doesn't feel too overboard or waxing dramatic like most anime romances. has a pretty real world feel about it, especially with the interactions between the friends.

i'll probably watch another episode or two. don't know if this kind of thing can really keep my interest for long though.

Marik
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 02 (1280x720 h264) [F8F8BE34].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2002%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5bF8F8BE34%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] White Album - 02 (XviD) [E40AAD98].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2002%20%28XviD%29%20%5bE40AAD98%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM
This series is easily one of the most promising series this season. A lot happened in this episode, and most of it was very subtle looks and motions. It really helps that Aquaplus is animating this with Seven Arcs. You can see a lot of the very fluid motions and subtle expressions they were so good at animating in Utawawerumono here as well, and then it's shined up a bit by Seven Arcs skills brought in from Nanoha A's.

The first episode was a little weaker because they had to bring us into the premise of the story, but they spent no wasted time here.

Touya has already gotten himself quite the number of admirers. Rina hits on him after their first meeting (or so it appears) perhaps aided by all the things Yuki tells her about, Haruka (the bike girl) seems intent on stealing him away, and Misaki (the other girl) seems interested in him as well.

I thought that Yuki was going to get ordered to break up with Touya in order to go forward with her career, but perhaps that is a bit cliche so soon. I much preferred the thought we were left with that when she goes to call Touya, she's going to get a busy signal, possibly more than one next episode. From the first episode, we learned that she usually talks to him for hours, and there really wouldn't be anyone else who would call him.

Rina on the other hand, may be attempting to steal him away...which she is certainly confident enough, and capable of being nasty enough to do so, but it's hard to see her that way from her other actions around Yuki. Rina seems generally kind hearted, so I wonder if what she is actually calling him for is to tell Touya what Yuki clearly didn't want to do herself while they were at the cafe.

That said, I already dislike Haruka (the bike girl). She knows the most about Yuki and Touya's relationship it seems, but she's spending a lot of effort to get him alone with her, thank her (through her deception about being his "goddess of the day") and otherwise talk to her. There's no brother/sister relationship coming from her, though perhaps Touya sees her that way. He was plainly uncomfortable with her taking "Yuki's spot" sitting back-to-back thanks to a little insight from his thoughts.

Lastly, Misaki is pretty much the same, but for some reason she doesn't rub me the wrong way that Haruka does. We saw it from the first episode too. She attempts to ingratiate herself to Touya, like with the poetry book, but Touya is working against her on this, which makes their relationship more interesting. He spends considerable effort giving Akira chances to get with her since they are friends, but Misaki shows zero interest in Akira. The phone conversation between Touya and Misaki was very telling. She openly admits she'd rather talk to Touya on the phone than rest, pushes herself to maintain the conversation as long as possible, and her subtle expressions (mostly through her hands and mouth) revealed a lot about her true aims.

I think Akira knows a bit about it as well. The "shut up" going out of his head showed his displeasure at Touya talking so much about Misaki. He may already know she would rather be with Touya.

The OP is growing on me as well. Can't wait for the next episode.

Marik
Mon, 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM
A very interesting episode. I'm wondering what Rina's objective is. That was a sly move she pulled off, so that Akira wouldn't notice. I'm hoping that we get to know more about Misaki and Haruka, but right now I'm rooting for Rina.

MFauli
Tue, 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, rhyllharu, im downloading the first 2 episodes. Im looking forward to many, long controverse discussions if this is really similiar to "that" :P

Marik
Sat, 01-17-2009, 01:04 PM
[Nipponsei] White Album OP Single - Shin Ai [Mizuki Nana].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%20OP%20Single%20-%20Shin%20Ai%20%5BMizuki%20Nana%5D.zip.torrent)

Ending single will be released next week.

Marik
Wed, 01-21-2009, 08:47 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 03 (1280x720 h264) [0B3A2A54].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2003%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5b0B3A2A54%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] White Album - 03 (XviD) [566B54F1].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2003%20%28XviD%29%20%5b566B54F1%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-22-2009, 05:17 AM
The cracks in Touya and Yuki's relationship start all from a series of small lies, or maybe they were already there, and these events are just highlighting them.

So far, Rina seems to be genuinely after assisting Yuki in her love life, whatever way possible. She did lie about the length of time she had left on her phone card, which got me suspicious, but that turned out to be just a way to lure Touya to the studio. On the other hand, Yuki's manager seems actively engaged in breaking them up. Perhaps this is just to protect Yuki's budding popularity (nothing kills an idol's public appeal like a boyfriend) or perhaps she had been ordered to separate them by the president himself for the same reasons.

The lies between Touya and Yuki are another matter. He lied to her about his connections with Rina, perhaps legitimately developing a crack in his relationship, and Yuki has either been lying to him about the first time they met, or simply neglecting to tell him that they met once before he thought they did. Or Touya forgot. It's too soon to say what the significance is there.

I don't know what to make of the the would-be tutored student, but I still hate Haruka. She's really clingy, and determined to separate Touya and Yuki for her own gain.

Rina was really pissed about Touya getting fired. How much of this was her being angry from someone messing up her plans to assist Yuki, and how much of this is her being angry that someone took Touya away. For now, it seems that anything between Touya and Rina is one sided, but who knows when that could change. The President of the other girls made an interesting comment about Rina's performance. It is always the same. Is this foreshadowing her losing her popularity, freeing up a lot of time for her to get bored and later attempt to seduce Touya? Or is it supposed to be a representation of her skill as her brother claimed?

Too many questions, and I know I missed a lot more subtle details this time.

And wtf was with the broom closet? Were we supposed...I don't even know what we were supposed to get out of that. Hidden passage in the store?

Hawkeye32
Thu, 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
From what I gather it's Ogata Eji's creation location. Some people find inspiration in the strangest places. Some like to be in the bathroom when they think or create others on rooftops. Perhaps being shut in the dark closet in solitude helps Eji write his songs. At least that's what I figure.

animus
Fri, 01-23-2009, 12:27 AM
I thought it was weird he went straight for the broom closet. I'm sure he didn't know that it was Eiji's "room", and there were other rooms he could've come out of.

narutosharingan
Fri, 01-23-2009, 01:49 AM
I figure there's another room nearby. I'm not really sure what anyone can do with standing-room only space. Secret passage would always be interesting.

I'm curious to see who got Touya fired so quickly. Maybe it was Yuki's manager, seeing how she interfered with Saturday's plans. Maybe it was Rina herself, just as a way to mess around with Touya, maybe "showing" that she wants him back a lot.

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-23-2009, 04:45 AM
It wasn't Rina, she seemed genuinely pissed at her brother over the firing. It had been Rina's plan to mess with things to give Yuki and Touya more time together. Even if her motivations weren't that pure, it was still someone taking away Rina's newest toy.

It was probably Yuki's manager talking to Eiji that fired Touya.

narutosharingan
Fri, 01-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Interesting that the manager would have that much pull.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Isn't this the era where nearly ever facet of an idol's life was controlled by their managment as a way to promote them? If they are noted for having a personal life with a guy, their marketability goes way down because of a reduction in fantasies among the male fanbase that an idol, "could be your girlfriend one day."

It's something that is still true today, but done to a much lesser extent.

It might not be Yuki's manager with that much pull, but she's a highly disciplined control freak, much like their President is. That seems to be the reason their talent agency is so successful. Pathetic mewlings like Rina's former manager couldn't possibly persuade Eiji, but someone like Yuki's manager certainly could.

There was that odd scene in episode two that ultimately turned out to be Eiji talking to Yuki about releasing a single (where she started crying in Rina's arms), but they did a pretty good job of making it look like Eiji was either ordering her to separate from Touya, or was about to molest her.

Well, it looked that way to me anyway, especially with Rina's reaction before Yuki told her what actually happened.

Marik
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:23 AM
[Eclipse] White Album - 04 (1280x720 h264) [D0860817].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2004%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bD0860817%5d.mkv.tor rent)

[Eclipse] White Album - 04 (XviD) [1B4F33EF].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2004%20(XviD)%20%5b1B4F33EF%5d.avi.torrent)

narutosharingan
Mon, 01-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks like Rina definitely had her own idea, but underestimated Touya's tardiness. I initially thought with Touya and Yuki missing each other, that they wouldn't find each other in the end. But Yuki was able to tell him about her single, and they ended up going to her room. Though I wonder if his head or his heart was telling him that he belonged to Yuki. He's still thinking about Rina

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks like Rina definitely had her own idea, but underestimated Touya's retardiness.Fixed it.

I thought it was very cute that although Rina had finally made her move, it completely backfired on her. I suppose ingratiating herself to Touya as a middleman and master secret planner was a long term strategy. It's still unclear what she actually wants out of it, but that will come sooner or later.

I really enjoyed the scenes where Yuki and Touya kept missing each other. Particularly because that has actually happened to me. Granted it was only an hour instead of all day, but we had the advantage of cellphones. This is still 1986, where it is a lot easier to miss each other when you can only rely on payphones. It might have been a little over the top when he would just pass right by her when she was using the payphone, but I completely recognized the experience.

I'm guessing from the flustered look on her face when she got a good look at Touya, that the high school girl was the girl he was supposed to be tutoring last episode.

What really shocks me in this episode was right at the end. How can Yuki and Touya have been going out for so long and know next to nothing about each other? They don't know where each other lives, Touya and Yuki have very different beliefs on how they first met, etc. It's really no surprise they've been having a little trouble lately in their relationship. There's no trust. Yuki is too shy to tell him anything, or backs off when he mentions something else. She was about to finally tell him they met before on the mountain where he building now is, and just because he mentioned he has shitty memories of the place, she stops? Very strange.

Did Yayoi (Yuki's manager) think Yuki was about to cry at the end of their phone call? It seemed very odd that she would suddenly have such a human reaction after everything we've seen with her.

...and Haruka is still a fucking stalker.

animus
Mon, 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM
What's the deal with Touya's dad? What a douche bag.

Marik
Mon, 01-26-2009, 11:29 PM
What really shocks me in this episode was right at the end. How can Yuki and Touya have been going out for so long and know next to nothing about each other?
That and he doesn't even know his own girlfriend's phone number. I thought that was really weird. Poor Misaki, she's not getting any screen time at all. I want to see her get involved more, maybe stir things up a bit.

Opening - Mizuki Nana - Shin Ai [PV] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adtox57xehE&fmt=22)

[Nipponsei] White Album ED Single - Maiochiru Yuki no You ni [Suara].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%20ED%20Single%20-%20Maiochiru%20Yuki%20no%20You%20ni%20%5BSuara%5D. zip.torrent)

narutosharingan
Tue, 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm assuming he didn't know Yuki's number because she has a new phone, or her manager doesn't want her giving her phone number to others.

Marik
Tue, 02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
[Eclipse] White Album - 05 (1280x720 h264) [B75D3D99].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2005%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bB75D3D99%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 05 (XviD) [0D94D2F8].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2005%20(XviD)%20%5b0D94D2F8%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Tue, 02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I was thinking throughout the car conversion that she was gonna offer something like that, especially since when she asked if she could take a detour. I thought she was gonna say "My home". Then I just kinda had this feeling she was gonna say that, wasn't expecting the free cop though. I mean, she's way too hot to just be a plain old selfish manager.

Quite fiendish of her to use it that way so she doesn't fail on her second prospect miserably. Pretty despicable.

Wasn't expecting a harem out of this anime, but we've got one going.

Marik
Tue, 02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
This was an awesome episode. I can truthfully say, I did not see that coming at all. I would have never guessed, that she would would turn out to be that kind of character. I expected her to try and keep them apart, but I thought that she would do it from behind the scenes, not force herself upon him sexually.

Touya's harem is shaping up quite nicely, with five girls now. I can't wait to see what happens next.

David75
Tue, 02-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I guess she's depicted as a beautiful woman, but they also depicted her coldness and mechanical way of doing things quite well. I'm even thinking she's so mechanical because she was told to do it... Am I sick thinking that, well we are in the 80s after all.
Touya's comment about how she's a doll when she kisses hits the spot, but it'll be harder and harder to resist to her forceful ways.

Funny thing is that the harsh driving is a stereotyped way to "shock" women, break the ice. Here the roles are swaped.

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-03-2009, 08:42 PM
She's really harsh. I expected the Production Company to start something about breaking them up (very bad for a budding idol, not to mention the story she told Touya about Rina), but that method caught me by surprise. The cold mechanical way she did everything was jarring, as everyone mentioned, but the part that really creeped me out was when she offered him money like some reverse-hooker, and then predatory posed in the cab.

The scene was enhanced by the absolutely discordant music in the background, making you more uncomfortable. I didn't even notice it at first, but they played it during the whole date, and it certainly affected me. The wrongness of the "date" just oozed out of everything more strongly.

What's even stranger is as much as Touya was horrified by it, he kept remembering the feel of her breast. Either way, Eiji and Yayoi's plan is already working.

I'm more surprised that not only did Haruka give him the note, she even deciphered it for Touya. She's usually trying her own plans to interject herself into their relationship. Maybe Haruka isn't so bad after all. She seemed to cool it down after their little note passing session.

Misaki on the other hand may be something else entirely. She really didn't care about Touya's input, she was just trying to steal some time with him. Maybe I just don't remember it because these episodes are so dense, but what was it that Misaki did to the asshole president of her circle/club? Write something better than he did? Win an award where he felt he should have? I'm not sure if they went over this already or not.

And then we have Rina. What's her angle in all of this now? She's trying to set up a meeting between her and Touya, but I wonder if it is again another plan to have him meet with Yuki, or like before, she's trying to steal him away for a bit. I would imagine if she knew what her brother and Yayoi are doing, she'd be pretty pissed about it. As much as she seems like she'd steal him away, she also seemed to be pretty genuine about preventing Yuki from having the kind of horrible debut and stardom that she's had. She's protected Yuki before with her clout, and she does seem fairly interesting in keeping Touya and Yuki together. I just don't know what to make of her, and sadly she didn't get much time this episode.

Hah! It was a secret room.

animus
Tue, 02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Yayoi is quite the mystery. Even though her methods are quite disgusting, I still want her to have a good role in the story. Though, that probably won't ever happen. Still, she's just way too hot.

David75
Wed, 02-04-2009, 01:06 AM
She's really harsh. I expected the Production Company to start something about breaking them up (very bad for a budding idol, not to mention the story she told Touya about Rina), but that method caught me by surprise. The cold mechanical way she did everything was jarring, as everyone mentioned, but the part that really creeped me out was when she offered him money like some reverse-hooker, and then predatory posed in the cab.

The scene was enhanced by the absolutely discordant music in the background, making you more uncomfortable. I didn't even notice it at first, but they played it during the whole date, and it certainly affected me. The wrongness of the "date" just oozed out of everything more strongly.

What's even stranger is as much as Touya was horrified by it, he kept remembering the feel of her breast. Either way, Eiji and Yayoi's plan is already working.

I'm more surprised that not only did Haruka give him the note, she even deciphered it for Touya. She's usually trying her own plans to interject herself into their relationship. Maybe Haruka isn't so bad after all. She seemed to cool it down after their little note passing session.

Misaki on the other hand may be something else entirely. She really didn't care about Touya's input, she was just trying to steal some time with him. Maybe I just don't remember it because these episodes are so dense, but what was it that Misaki did to the asshole president of her circle/club? Write something better than he did? Win an award where he felt he should have? I'm not sure if they went over this already or not.

And then we have Rina. What's her angle in all of this now? She's trying to set up a meeting between her and Touya, but I wonder if it is again another plan to have him meet with Yuki, or like before, she's trying to steal him away for a bit. I would imagine if she knew what her brother and Yayoi are doing, she'd be pretty pissed about it. As much as she seems like she'd steal him away, she also seemed to be pretty genuine about preventing Yuki from having the kind of horrible debut and stardom that she's had. She's protected Yuki before with her clout, and she does seem fairly interesting in keeping Touya and Yuki together. I just don't know what to make of her, and sadly she didn't get much time this episode.

Hah! It was a secret room.

Yayoi's behavior this ep was pure gold, they really did an incredible job here. That's one of the reasons I watch anime. In the pile of stereoptypes and time consuming animation, sometimes you get jewels like that one.
Everything was simple, cold, yet very effective and well thought.

Rina?
Well I think she may also be playing the same dirty role as yayoi... but from the other side of the coin, with a gentle and carrying way. She may not be totally aware of it though, or actually get a liking to him, rather than doing this coldly for results...

Misaki? I'm not too sure about what happens with her. For the moment her character is a bit weak because her links are.

And yes, secret room!

MFauli
Wed, 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Awsome episode.
NOW it´s all shaping up to become the next School Days :P:P:P

Oh, and Yuki´s manager is totally hot, Touya, go for it!

narutosharingan
Sat, 02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
There was a lot in that episode to digest. But Touya really has a lot of indecisiveness. The boldness of the manager took me completely by surprise, though it was a welcome sight.

Marik
Tue, 02-10-2009, 05:50 AM
[Eclipse] White Album - 06 (1280x720 h264) [7C01A5B0].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2006%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b7C01A5B0%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 06 (XviD) [F092E47F].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5bF092E47F%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Tue, 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Misaki's bitching and lashing out was pretty annoying.

Yayoi's slutty behavior still seems to be a puzzle. It can't simply be her not wanting her prospect to fail. The phone call after her pounce on him, seems to be the reason for it. Brother Ogata would probably be the culprit, since he showed how much of a douche he could be.

The water color backgrounds with the regular character art seemed like a nice touch.

Marik
Tue, 02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Yayoi's slutty behavior still seems to be a puzzle. It can't simply be her not wanting her prospect to fail. The phone call after her pounce on him, seems to be the reason for it. Brother Ogata would probably be the culprit, since he showed how much of a douche he could be.

Yeah, I think that Eiji is forcing Yayoi to do it, as a way to make up for almost ruining Rina's career. To stay in the idol industry, this is what she has to endure.

I didn't really care much for this episode since it was mainly focused on Misaki, who turned out to be more of a boring character than I had hoped. The club president seems to have forced himself upon her in the past, I can't wait to see where they go with that.

Yayoi is too hot to resist and I don't think Touya will be able to for much longer.

Speaking of Touya, he continued to dig a hole for himself. All of these lies are starting to mount up. Rina and Mana are starting to snoop around also, so it's about to blow up in his face. He and Yuki really need to have a face to face and get all these lies cleared up once and for all.

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree on the analysis of Yayoi. It's probably Eiji forcing her to, and she just doesn't care about herself enough after what she allowed to happen to Rina to refuse his request.
I didn't really care much for this episode since it was mainly focused on Misaki, who turned out to be more of a boring character than I had hoped. The club president seems to have forced himself upon her in the past, I can't wait to see where they go with that.

Speaking of Touya, he continued to dig a hole for himself. All of these lies are starting to mount up. Rina and Mana are starting to snoop around also, so it's about to blow up in his face. He and Yuki really need to have a face to face and get all these lies cleared up once and for all.I don't find Misaka that boring, but I do find her to be just another one of the infuriatingly passive-aggressive characters in this series. While it's true that she is legitimately overwhelmed with the treatment that asshole has been giving her (including forcing his disgusting ass on her), I can't help but shake the feeling she's using this as a way to force herself onto Touya. The desperate call to him, waiting outside his place, the look she had when she saw the pictures of Yuki on his table, and how she listened in on his conversation with her with a depressed look. She's certainly attempting to get closer to him and edge herself in between Yuki and Touya.

But quite frankly, Akira pisses me off that much more. He likes Misaki, wants to get with her, prepares all these things for her (learned how to make cheesecake?), knows a great deal about her, and does absolutely nothing. He gets all pissed off that people are trying to help him get closer to her, especially Touya (I'm sure that he knows Misaki likes Touya) and never does a damn thing. He doesn't talk to her, doesn't confess to her, doesn't give her any of these things he knows she likes. He just sits there, being a little bitch about it and getting all pissy.

It does add some realism to the series, because there are a lot of people out there that really act like that (hell, it's part of where the appeal for the Suddenly Girlfriend and Harem genre comes from. No effort involved = girlfriend, readers with no self-esteem find that and ideal). Even I've done it once or twice, but Akira has been pining after Misaka for what, one or two years?

I don't think Touya is really in that much of a hole yet. But he is starting to realize how frail the connecting between he and Yuki really is. During the scene of Akira retelling Misaki's woes, Akira mentioned how Touya and Yuki were supposedly on many dates, but it turned out to be just one. Yuki and Touya have apparently always been telling each other minor lies, and Touya just pops off another one to keep Yuki from worrying, while Yuki starts to make excuses about why they haven't been together lately. If something else happens though, he will fall into that hole.

I see that Yuki's song lyrics are about her relationship, at least on some level.

Then we've got Rina again. I don't really think she's spying on them, because she seemed strangely satisfied that Yayoi was with him at the cafe. She also continually tries to call him this episode and the last. What is she really after?

narutosharingan
Tue, 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I too agree that Eiji is the one tell Yayoi to do something about Touya. I think it's possible that even Rina knows something about this. We haven't really seen her much the last couple episodes, and we can't really tell what her true intentions are. But she is a smart, if not shrewd, girl, and she probably knows what she's doing.

All these attempts by these girls to go after Touya are really annoying because of how underhanded they are. Even Misaki tries to go after Touya even knowing about Yuki. Rather than confessing their feelings, or ignoring them because they know he's with Yuki, they try to sneak into his life little by little. Part of my annoyance is with Touya too, because even he doesn't really know what he wants. If he states clearly his dissatisfaction with what others are doing, then it would make things more straightforward.

I'm curious to see how it goes between Touya and Yuki. Do they eventually just mutually break it up, or will maybe Touya start to lust for another person (Yayoi or Rina) with Yuki finding out.

animus
Tue, 02-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sure in the grand scheme of things Touya will end up with Yuki anyways. My reasoning? She's voiced by Hirano Aya.

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I actually think he will end up with Rina. Maybe as Yuki's career skyrockets, Rina's starts to peter out. Left with nothing to do and potentially shunned by her brother (who seems to simply tolerate her at some points) she seeks out Touya to steal him from Yuki, whom her brother is keeping away from Touya anyhow.

narutosharingan
Tue, 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Which could be a reason why Rina may know of Eiji's likely interference with Yuki and Touya.

MFauli
Wed, 02-11-2009, 05:46 AM
I actually think he will end up with Rina. Maybe as Yuki's career skyrockets, Rina's starts to peter out. Left with nothing to do and potentially shunned by her brother (who seems to simply tolerate her at some points) she seeks out Touya to steal him from Yuki, whom her brother is keeping away from Touya anyhow.

I actually think he will have sex with all of them, get one or more pregnant, and is killed in the end....oh well, one can only hope for awsomeness :P

Marik
Sun, 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 07 (1280x720 h264) [A6E75644].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2007%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5bA6E75644%5d.mkv .torrent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 07 (XviD) [C560ACDF].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2007%20%28XviD%29%20%5bC560ACDF%5d.avi.torrent)

-----

Great episode. I found myself laughing the entire time during the car ride near the end. Rina and Eiji going back and forth against Touya, was great.

Hidden V.I. P. area.. nice.

Mana seems to be a troubled youth. She seems to have a terrible relationship with her parents and is taking it out on all these tutors. Maybe Touya will be able to help her resolve whatever issues she's having.

Yuki should have fought back against those other girls. Just when I thought Yayoi was going to resolve the situation, Yuki disappoints me by stopping her. I hope these girls come to respect Yuki in the future, maybe after they hear her single.

What the hell was that about at the end? The stalker snapped and lost her mind. I couldn't help but laugh for some reason. Poor neighbor, he must have been through that a lot.

The Yayoi art in the preview was a nice bonus.

animus
Mon, 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Yayoi standing up for Yuki was nice. I wanted her to beat the shit out of them, which I'm sure she might be capable of.

The Ogata siblings are quite the eccentric pair.

Haruka sees Touya as her brother's replacement I guess? Does him not being home really crush her like that. He can't always be home at night.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
during the car ride near the end. Rina and Eiji going back and forth against Touya, was great.

Yuki should have fought back against those other girls. Just when I thought Yayoi was going to resolve the situation, Yuki disappoints me by stopping her. I hope these girls come to respect Yuki in the future, maybe after they hear her single.
I do love the Ogata siblings. I was quite impressed that even though we had both of them together, discussing Touya's relationships, that we know even less about what their actual aim in all this is. Eiji is promoting Yuki, and Rina is trying to make Yuki a better singer, but how exactly? It sounded like Eiji implied that Rina wanted Yuki and Touya to break up in order to make Yuki's songs sing with more passion, more hurt, everything, through the experience of the isolation and turmoil they are going through. Then Rina turned it around and although she's working against her brother and Yayoi, claims he's doing the same thing. Seriously, what the hell?

Either way, great comedy in the car.

With Yuki, I actually think she's starting to grow up a little. Whatever Rina told her, whether it was a lie or not (no way to tell with how much everyone lies in this series) Yuki seems to have started to develop into a proper idol. Mana was right, those girls are just trying to accomplish with numbers what they lack in talent. Was this a subtle jab at the two huge groups (12+ girls) that were only popular a few years ago in Japanese pop?

While it's true that Yuki could have Yayoi defend her, what I got out of it was Yuki's own declaration of war. Yuki hopes to blow them away with her new song, rather than relying on the petty tricks and childish games that these girls have used up until now against anyone working under Rina (whom they can't defeat). At least that's what I'm hoping.

With Touya's father, was his delight at Misaki because he approved of a girl that Touya brought (a proper wife-style girl) or does he actually find himself infatuated with her due to some twisted resemblance to his perpetually mourned wife? Touya cut off Misaki before she was about to say that Touya already has a girlfriend, so it seems that the father doesn't know about Yuki at all.

Mana seems to be quite the fan of pop idols herself. She knows all of the industry news, and seems to prefer Rina and Yuki.

I don't think I want to talk about Haruka at all...

On a final note, does it seem that Touya may have finally begun to shift some affection towards Rina? He was blown away by her song, and it didn't even seem like she had been trying to create this at all until just this moment. Sure, he's been having the occasional dream about her slapping him, but that's just the kind of infatuation and fantasy that everyone has.

MFauli
Mon, 02-16-2009, 05:48 PM
lol, what the hell was that end. the green haired girl seemed like a cat in heat xD

also, as a fan of school days, white album could top that series if that father got some action, too ^^

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Touma......, Touma...., Touma...........Index Haruka desu.......ARGH!!

/annoyed

Anyway, just picked this up. I've read that a lot of people found this series slow, and the first episode in particular. On the contrary, I found the first ep to be one of the better ones.
By the end of the episode, you already had an uncomfortable feeling that such a sweet, pure relationship is doomed to fail.

Realism and the OP were other pluses I liked. The thoughts floating on screen is really powerful. Not only does it not interrupt the flow (however slow it may be), it shows how people speak and think, often differently, at the same time. Part of what makes this so believable.

Marik
Sun, 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 08 (1280x720 h264) [D4761B18].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2008%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5bD4761B18%5d.mkv .torrent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 08 (XviD) [2E59A3DC].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2008%20%28XviD%29%20%5b2E59A3DC%5d.avi.torrent)

------

Good episode, things are starting to get very interesting.

Haruka took her stalker level up another level by ninja-ing her way into Touya's apartment. I guess she just had to see him, after what she just went though. She's lucky that Mana saved her or it would have been lights out. lol @ that guy copping a feel still, after all that screaming, He must have been really desperate.

So, Rina finally reveals her true feelings. She's frustrated and lonely because her nii-san doesn't pay attention to her anymore, like he used to. Yuki took her place, so now she's gonna take her boyfriend it would seem. I can't wait to see happens between them during their duet. It'll probably turn into a song battle.

Poor Yuki, she finally noticed that Touya has been avoiding her. She was really going out of her way trying to get in touch with him, but it was all for naught. Finally she does see him again, and he's giving a present to another woman. The scene with them sitting apart from each other, was a great way to show how far they've grown apart. They're relationship is pretty much done.

Yayoi is the winner. She was the first to make Touya finally go astray. He finally gave into his own loneliness, and I can't blame him. Punishment!? If that's her idea of punishment, then I want to be punished also.

animus
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Wait, so Yayoi has a stalker or a secret admirer? She's addressed as Yayoi-sama. At first I thought that was the envelope for paycheck/cash or whatever but I guess not.

And it was just a matter of time before Touya gave in to temptation. But since he gave in so early, further down the road there'll be no more use for Yayoi.

Marik
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Wait, so Yayoi has a stalker or a secret admirer? She's addressed as Yayoi-sama.

When I saw that, I thought maybe she used to be an idol and was throwing out some old fan mail. I may be wrong, but that's how it looked to me.

animus
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:53 AM
That's plausible I guess. She does have the looks.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 02-23-2009, 07:47 AM
I hope this giving into temptation thing is only limited to this one event. I find it easy to dislike a mentally weak main character. It is one thing if there is an emotional bond, but doing a robot that does not even care about you is kind of pathetic.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 09:21 AM
but doing a hot robot that does not even care about you is kind of reasonable.

:D

I'm really wondering why Touya's avoiding Yuki. Understandably he wants to help Misaka, and that's probably all that's on his mind at the time, but he hasn't appeared to be that much of a forgetful character, nor that much uncaring about his relationship with Yuki to leave her hanging.

Does anybody remember if he and Yuki have ever chatted on the phone etc after Yayoi first warned him? If he hasn't, I'm thinking he's seriously considering Yayoi's proposal (maybe minus the "reward" part) for Yuki's future. If he has, then he really does fail as a boyfriend.

Eiji also seems a bit weird enjoying one of Yuki's failed takes like that....if he likes change, shouldn't he enjoy listening to the end product of every day to hear how things have changed?

narutosharingan
Mon, 02-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Why Touya was avoiding Yuki was on my mind throughout the episode. He really hasn't said anything about it, so it's hard to tell. Maybe he doesn't really know himself. It's possible he feels guilty for spending time with all these other girls (especially Misaki, Yayoi, and for thinking about Rina), and he doesn't know how to deal with it with regards to Yuki.

It's interesting because Yuki seems to really want to talk to Touya, but there's still a distance between the two of them (given that they don't tell the truth with each other). It makes me wonder how Yuki feels for Touya as well.

MFauli
Mon, 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Haha, i love how the shitstorm is finally starting, and all fronts at the same time.

We have confusing at the stalker girl-site and that girl that helped her out of the we´re going to rape you-guys scene.

We have him looking at Misaki´s legs in a telling way.

We have Rina, who we know likes him.

We have Yaoi, who finally got him to do "it".

Basically, anything´s possible from now on. My guess is that he´ll fall for Misaki next, while Yaoi threatens his relationship to Yuki. Of course, from there on is only one way (sorry, this is the point where my fantasy runs wild): Touya manages to "get" Yuki before Yaoi has a chance to reveal her sex-event with Touya. After that, Yuki leaves Touya, who is comforted by Rina. Rina and Touya start going out, when Misika accidentially sees them together, and goes mad. After all, she and Touya have spent quite some time, so she thought something was in the air between them two. This is where Misaki tries to take little revenge on Touya, though, OH SNAP, stalker-girl happens to see Misaki, and, not knowing that it was supposed to be just "a little" revenge, thinks that Misaki wants to seriously harm Touya. Thus, stalker-girl either attacks Misaki OR traps her by leading her to a group of "we´re going to rape you"-guys. Later on, stalker-girl realizes her terrible mistake and goes crazy beyond help. At this point, Touya tries to comfort stalker-girl, which gets Rina angry.
This is the "before everything clashes"-situation, where everyone has a reason to hate Touya. Who knows what could happen then, haha!!!! XD

sorry

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Please...don't confuse Yayoi with Yaoi. They're completely different :o

Marik
Mon, 02-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I would highly enjoy MFauli's scenario, if it were to happen.

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Finally got around to the episode.

I really liked they way Rina admitted her feelings for Touya. Just a simple, "Don't think of me as a Goddess anymore." Saying that she shouldn't be out of his reach, and that she's not something that stands on a pedestal bringing him good fortune (as Misaki or Haruka did by connecting Touya and Yuki). If he's thick, he won't get Rina's deeper meaning, and if not, maybe he'll get the hint and follow her schedule, which he did.

Mana also admitted how much she admires Touya. She may call him pathetic to his face, but it turns out she was deeply embarrassed/flustered each time he showed up in front of her at the station or at her house. Hence her great concern for which of the girls he hangs out with is actually Yuki. Comparing her own chances perhaps?

Also shown was how Misaki mentioned a few white lies to Yuki. His father is sick (as they show him at the store), Touya's not around (it would have been trite, but I expected him to be in the next room), and a few other minor details. Was she simply trying to reassure Yuki, or was she trying to slowly erode Yuki's obviously waning confidence?

It's no wonder their relationship is slowly destroying itself. They were given another opportunity, and they didn't even speak until the end.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Since Misaka and Yuki seemed to be on friendly terms, I don't think Misaka was trying to be malicious, but she obviously didn't feel comfortable facilitating connections between Touya and other girls.

She hesitated for a moment when she picked up, before deciding to say what she did. During that time, I can only think of her having an internal struggle of whether to be nice (like she did), or pretend she got the wrong number or something.

The fact she said "I'm helping out" instead of "I'm being helped" hinted to me that she, intentionally or not, wanted to convey that she's closer to Touya than what she is.

Marik
Sun, 03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 09 (1280x720 h264) [E381CF30].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2009%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bE381CF30%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 09 (XviD) [8EE41D68].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2009%20(XviD)%20%5b8EE41D68%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
As a Misaki heavy episode, I can't say I really cared for this one at all. It felt very disconnected from the last episode and most of the others.

When did Touya ever show any affection for Misaki before? He was mostly just helping her out, and now he kisses her and confesses? Where did any of that come from?

I found Mana's attempt to kiss him, then giving up right at the end a lot more interesting than the entirety of the Misaki plotline in this episode.

Misaki's only saving grace is that she rejected Touya, and stood up to that asshole club leader at least a little bit this episode. That, and her plot is probably finally over and done with completely.

animus
Sun, 03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Weakest episode by far, imo. Misaki is really uninteresting and Touya is just beyond annoying. I liked how he just let those pipes fall on her.

Nadouku
Sun, 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Eh, I can't believe Touya let those pipes fall on her, but I can't expect much from him. Misaki is really unnerving when it becomes to a point where her character becomes so obsolete that I just lose all interest in any development from her. Decent episode, but don't look too hard.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM
He's still to blame for not at least trying, but Touya wasn't really in range to do something cliche like have the pipes land on his back.

Remember that Misaki did trip off a box (that Touya was on the other side of) and then into a more open area where the pipes fell on her. Touya was at least a good 2 meters away from her.

animus
Sun, 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM
He had plenty of time. She went over, he stood there, told her to be careful. He watched her fall and still stood there. He then saw the pipes about to fall, and again stood there and all he did was say "Watch Out". Really smart telling that to someone who hit the floor and that was on their stomach.

narutosharingan
Mon, 03-02-2009, 02:16 AM
It would have been close had he tried. It's too bad, as I'd rather he get hurt. He can't seem to make up his mind on anything. Where's the willpower? And why did Misaki change her mind? Because what Touya said about Akira, or because she just didn't want to interfere as the play suggested?

I agree that the Mana portion was the most interesting. That and Yuki still calling.

Pandadice
Mon, 03-02-2009, 08:25 AM
kinda disappointed there wasn't anything about how he kissed the business manager lady.

Mmm, so i guess Misaki is gonna be with Akira now, which takes one of the girls out of the confusing mess with this guy. Only they brought that young girl he's tutoring into it now...

David75
Mon, 03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
kinda disappointed there wasn't anything about how he kissed the business manager lady.

Mmm, so i guess Misaki is gonna be with Akira now, which takes one of the girls out of the confusing mess with this guy. Only they brought that young girl he's tutoring into it now...
Misaki wasn't honest with herself, or rather she rejected Touya because that's what she thinks is best for now. After all, eventough Touya was really dedicated to her, she knows Yuki is too strong an opponent for her at the moment, she maybe even understood how Rina might be a problem (not too sure about that one).
She really likes him, but she understands he's like a little free bird, you can't have him for yourself. She needs him for her alone, she doesn't want to engage herself in a relationship where she suffers.
Thing is, it's probably because so many girls are around him that she got interrested in him, she maybe knows that deep in herself.

The problem here is that we have yet another serial playboy, but he doesn't know.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
she knows Yuki is too strong an opponent for her at the moment, she maybe even understood how Rina might be a problem (not too sure about that one).

The problem here is that we have yet another serial playboy, but he doesn't know.While the flashback where short-haired Yuki came from behind Touya as he was walking confirmed that Misaki finds Yuki too strong a rival, I don't think very many know about Touya's budding connection with Rina.

In fact, I think only Akira (to a very limited extent), Yuki (same level, but through naivette), and Yayoi really know. Of those three, perhaps only Yayoi knows of Rina's growing affection for him. I doubt Misaki even knows of any of his relationships outside of the college. Yuki, herself, and Haruka. Mana is aware of (but knows zero details, calling Haruka 'Yuki') quite a bit more, but at present would never believe that Touya knows Yuki aside from the casual high school connection (she called him out for name dropping), and from that, she'd believe him even less if he said he knows Rina.

Eiji of course, knows everything.

As for Misaki, I believe her play (and the reason she wanted him to see it) was because it described her relationship with Touya. It's the same reason she wanted him to proofread it. He's too dense to get through the subtext, and quite frankly, so was I. She described it in this episode as she lay injured on the floor, but I really don't care for Misaki enough to have actually paid attention to what she was saying.

animus
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I was also disappointed they didn't show further on what happened with Yayoi. Did he indulge further? Or was it just a goodnight kiss?

David75
Mon, 03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't know if I'm correct thinking that, but Misaki is the safe choice of a girl.
She's the most normal and average girl of the bunch, except for her artistic abilities that are quite high, but after all she's in the same studies path as Touya and Yuki (at least when she attented).
I guess she's needed as a contrast and represents a safe and sound girlfriend, in a way.

Pandadice
Mon, 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
i dunno about "safest". she seems super high maintenance. like that initial crying break down she had that got touya to help her in the first place. she just seems like a super emotionally unstable character.. i feel bad for her.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Incredibly high maintenance.

If you want a good girlfriend, there is Yuki, who keeps calling despite everything, and tries to make time despite her impossible schedule.

Still, I hate her guts. It is too bad she is voiced by one of my favorite VAs.

I am rooting for Rina, unless Touya becomes more of a jackass than he already is, in which case, he just deserves to die.

narutosharingan
Tue, 03-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Rina's probably the safest. She just seems the most sane. Yuki would be too, but the lies between the two of them are too much.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-03-2009, 03:06 AM
If I hate anybody in this show it's Touya. Not Misaka, not Haruka. Touya.

Annoying as the other girls are, at least they know what they want to do. Misaka knows she likes Touya, and uses every opportunity she gets to do things with him, subtly showing him is feelings. I'm pretty sure she knows how Akira feels towards her, but it's only after her and Touya's situation is cleared up that she allows him to approach.

Haruka stalks Touya like a pro. Likewise, she only has eyes for him, romantic or not.

Touya, on the other hand, is one irresponsible guy (refraining from stronger language here). He completely forgets Yuki, makes out with her manager, and declares love to his senior because she likes him.

All the problems start in this show because:
1) Touya is too dumb to notice things around him
2) Touya is too dumb to know what he should and shouldn't do
3) Touya is too dumb period.

MFauli
Tue, 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
If I hate anybody in this show it's Touya. Not Misaka, not Haruka. Touya.

Annoying as the other girls are, at least they know what they want to do. Misaka knows she likes Touya, and uses every opportunity she gets to do things with him, subtly showing him is feelings. I'm pretty sure she knows how Akira feels towards her, but it's only after her and Touya's situation is cleared up that she allows him to approach.

Haruka stalks Touya like a pro. Likewise, she only has eyes for him, romantic or not.

Touya, on the other hand, is one irresponsible guy (refraining from stronger language here). He completely forgets Yuki, makes out with her manager, and declares love to his senior because she likes him.

All the problems start in this show because:
1) Touya is too dumb to notice things around him
2) Touya is too dumb to know what he should and shouldn't do
3) Touya is too dumb period.

omg, this posting gave me the shivers.
im already feeling the pre-school days-phase that weŽre entering now.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
omg, this posting gave me the shivers.
im already feeling the pre-school days-phase that weŽre entering now.

:confused:

shinta|hikari
Tue, 03-03-2009, 08:48 PM
He is referring to the anime School Days and how he openly declared his love for Makoto, a male protagonist similar but on a worse level compared to Touya.

In short, you hating Touya gives him the shivers, I think...

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Just saw this on ANN.

The official website for the White Album television anime series has announced that the second half of the television series will air in Japan this fall. The second half will consists of episodes 14 to 26. The first half of this adaptation of AQUAPLUS and Leaf's adult romance simulation game has been running in Japan since January 3.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-06/white-album-tv-anime-second-half-to-air-in-fall

So we've only been watching the first half.

No wonder their hasn't been enough of the Yuki/Touya/Rina sordid love triangle development this far into the series. This works even better for me considering they essentially ended anything with Misaki. For those that like her, there is always the chance she'll come back.

Nadouku
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Interesting to split the show into two seasons, but not surprising. This might give Touya a chance to actually "give a damn" about one of the girls instead of being a jerk.

Marik
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Hmm, some good info.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
that's awesome. Here I was thinking this show'll get nowhere by episode 13.

narutosharingan
Sat, 03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Well that certainly makes more sense.

Marik
Sun, 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 10 (1280x720 h264) [5BF9AD43].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2010%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b5BF9AD43%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 10 (XviD) [5B40D82F].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5b5B40D82F%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Sun, 03-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Akira is getting quite cheeky. I would've smacked the shit out of him if he talked to me like that.

The Yayoi sections a mystery yet again. What did he mean, the original Yayoi he knew? The original cold doll? I was confused since she was acting a bit vulnerable, I guess she really might've been scared.

The letter is a break up letter? Or from what I gather a possible quitting of her career? Why's Rina crying? Confusion.

EinReB23
Mon, 03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Could yayoi mistakenly tear up Yuki's letter instead of hers? And yeah, the "original" Yayoi is also confusing... at least we knew the stalker was Rina's former manager.

Nadouku
Mon, 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Akira is getting a bit defensive of Misaki, but I don't blame him. Overall, emotional episode.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Could yayoi mistakenly tear up Yuki's letter instead of hers?
Yayoi is intentionally tearing apart Yuki's letters. It's all part of the plan, whatever that is. Only Eiji and Yayoi know about the parts where she and Touya are involved, but I'm sure only Eiji knows everything. He kept the little challenge he has with the Sakura girls company president from Rina and the details are very strange.

EDIT: [reworked the numbers]
At 15:23, they show the numbers that the Sakura girl's president is looking at, part of the challenge with Eiji. The first column is capacities. "C" is Calma (Rina's), "K" is Yuki's, and "A" is the Arena where the Sakura are. Calma works out to be less than 1/15th the capacity of the Arena, in line with what Rina said. The real question is what the multipliers signify. This might be the key part to their game. Before Rina switched it up, the two combined forces of Yuki and Rina wouldn't be able to topple the Sakura girls. With Rina's gamble of the telecast, she can annihilate them all on her own if she succeeds. Whatever "spectators mobilized" means in this context, I can only guess at. That seems to be the final number, so I'm left wondering what the multiplier means.
[reworked the numbers]

Moreover, Rina was a little turned off by the "46701" written on the mirror. Deep look of sadness actually. What was the significance there.

This episode was all very strange. Rina's career almost seems like it is being sacraficed in order to propel Yuki's. The shift of Touya's affections may seem to be the obvious result, Yuki has less and less free time while Rina has more and more, except for the Yayoi situation. They're not close (they never could be), but he seems to be accepting what she's now offering him, and she seems to be melting just a little bit. She wanted to release her own worries and fears on him, seeking comfort, but pulled back into her duties at the last second. It seems odd that Rina's old manager would be going after Yayoi, but that may or may not be the case, we have no idea what the contents of the letters have been. He might be going after Yuki for all we know.

Rina is by far my favorite though, closely followed by Mana. With this though, Yayoi got a lot of humanization, and I'm even warming up to Haruka.

But what will the crazy stalker-rapist do to Touya? For whatever reason, he seems really pissed at Touya. Perhaps for not only aiding Misaki to her near-victory, but also in helping her enough that the asshole humiliated himself with his horrible acting? I guess I was a little premature in declaring the Misaki developments completely over.

...and yeah, Akira becomes more of a douche every episode. Why was he taking Rina losing out for the Arena booking so hard?

David75
Mon, 03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Numbers:
2 000 is 1/15th of the arena=30 000

second number is I think the number of thousand yens per seat.

So Initial plans are
Yuki= 2 000 seats @ 1 thousand= 2 000 thousand yen
Rina=1 300 seats @1.5 thousand= 1 950 thousand yen
Girls= 30 000 seats @ 0.15 thousand= 4 500 thousand yen

Then Rina thinks of the stadium idea, adding at least 50 000 seats at a bargain price

That's my guess.

The problem is that on the miror, the number is different: 46 701, it should be seats
Depending on the kind of stadium, not all seats can be used... and it could be a problem for the balance of the show, resulting in a loss of money.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Numbers:

second number is I think the number of thousand yens per seat.

The problem is that on the miror, the number is different: 46 701, it should be seats
Depending on the kind of stadium, not all seats can be used... and it could be a problem for the balance of the show, resulting in a loss of money.
Ah, the thousands of yen makes sense, since 46701 puts her at 4203, below the Sakura girls without assistance from Yuki.

She can't use all the seats because not everyone could see the projection, and they probably need to drop in a better sound system too.

Yay for math and economics teamwork.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Whatever "spectators mobilized" means in this context, I can only guess at.

That's the turnout I'm guessing. Rina has Touya to thank too, for this idea. Without him, I doubt Rina would have realised that despite complaints and refunds, her fans would still do just about anything to see her show.

Yayoi looks to be warming up to Touya. Touched by his (not so) persistent love for Yuki? I don't know what to think of the letter though. I don't think it was a break-up letter though. Perhaps just telling him she doesn't want him to see her until after the concert? He never picks up, after all.

David75
Tue, 03-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Regarding that "original Yayoi" line, I was wondering if it's Touya of the future speaking, a Touya that would have spent some time with her.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 06:10 AM
The first time Yayoi kissed him was on the taxi, and he stumbled out afterwards.
The second time was in the car, and I think he resisted again.
The third time he embraces her back, and we can only guess at how late he was to get home.

This is the forth time "on screen" that we've seen them meet. Touya seems to have warmed up to her, "What's wrong? You're trembling.", and likewise, her to him.

The may or may not have met up between the third and fourth encounter, but the way things are leads me to believe they have.

As for the "original Yayoi" comment, I think he refers to the first time they had an intimate moment. Not the kissing scenes mentioned above, but the first time Yayoi took him out for a ride.

She asked him to leave Yuki's side, and said "but you'll be lonely, right?". This was followed by a hand-to-chest gesture. It's entirely possible that the first time Yayoi was not only interested in filling Touya's void, but also hers. Perhaps during that moment, Touya felt that Yayoi was truly lonely.

The kisses were afterwards. Along with the date, they may have all been professionally set up by Yayoi to follow up what she did to benefit Yuki's career. However, that first time, it was a lonely Yayoi.

The "original" Yayoi.

/speculation

animus
Tue, 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Yayoi is intentionally tearing apart Yuki's letters. It's all part of the plan, whatever that is. Only Eiji and Yayoi know about the parts where she and Touya are involved, but I'm sure only Eiji knows everything. He kept the little challenge he has with the Sakura girls company president from Rina and the details are very strange.

I really think that Yayoi intended to give Yuki's letter to Touya. She ripped up the wrong letter by accident. She was going to give the letter to him in the car, but it was actually the stalker's letter adressed to her, and she was like nevermind.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Ah...that makes sense now. Intentionally ripping apart Yuki's letter doesn't quite make sense, since all of Yayoi's actions how have been to get Touya to give up on their relationship, but she hasn't made any attempt to stop Yuki's phone calls or other attempts to get a hold of Touya.

Seemingly true to Yuki, it too didn't seem like Yayoi intentionally ripped apart her letter, but I couldn't make sense out of it neither.

But then so she's mooching over Touya AND facilitating contact between him and Yuki :confused:

Marik
Sun, 03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 11 (1280x720 h264) [8E208605].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2011%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b8E208605%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 11 (XviD) [3512A0F2].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2011%20(XviD)%20%5b3512A0F2%5d.avi.torrent)

Nadouku
Sun, 03-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I like how Yayoi is such a play girl and takes advantage of the mentally depressed Touya. Other than that, there were lots of lies flying left and right to keep Yuki and Touya apart.

animus
Mon, 03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
That was such an awkward episode.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
That was such an awkward episode.
Touya breaking down to tears? Certainly not something we normally see in series like this. Or how difficult this episode is to discuss? I admit I had some issues writing this post and making some form of point with it.

I thought it was mostly consistent with the rest of the series. Rina trying to take Touya around like a "pet," Yuki being blissfully ignorant, Mana going with her assumptions and not believing Touya, Haruka doing...whatever she does when she's not stalking, Yayoi being consistently somewhat eerie in her methods of seduction, and Akira being a total possessive freak about Misaki.

What was interesting was of course Rina's strange behavior (according to people usually around her) and her increasing lack of consistency in her performance. Either she's really beaten up about losing the Arena, or her career has hit a rough patch and it is all downhill from here. Will she try to further her grip on Touya to comfort herself and make up for it?

Also, Haruka's lies through omission. Mana's general misconceptions (due to lack of belief in Touya) were brought up many, many times, but Haruka only corrected her on her relationship to Touya and her own name. Mana mentioned jokingly about Yuki and Rina, one of which Haruka knows about for sure, and she didn't bother to correct her.

Lastly, Touya's breakdown. Whatever plan that Eiji and Yayoi have, it is at least working on the one front. Lack of communication has really shaken Touya's confidence in his relationship to Yuki. He knows that she's busy, and it is actually his fault for being so nice to so many other girls and missing all her phone calls (though Yayoi taking him out when she knows Yuki is at home to call him is also a large contributor), but not hearing any word from her in so long has got to be pretty devastating.

Ultimately, I'm still wondering how pure Rina's intentions are. She may like to think that she's just helping Yuki and Touya out, or at least she did initially, but she seems to be shifting towards something more serious as her career begins to suffer. The look on her face when he told her he was meeting Yayoi was something, that's for sure.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
I actually think that Touya is part of the reason Rina has been changing and becoming "inconsistent". Maybe her concentration is being diverted from her songs to romantic feelings towards the cheating bastard.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Aye, that could be the case too, but it really is hard to figure out whether Rina's really taken losing the Arena lightly or not. I think she's still hung up about it, just from her reactions when Eiji set her up and she lost the venue and all. To comfort her, she's got Touya hanging around, whatever good that does. That part is evident as much she she looks at Touya in the stadium, but notices that he's not looking at her, but daydreaming somewhere else.

Touya also seems rather open to Yayoi. I'm really wonder how they each see their relationship. In fact, I don't think we've ever seen him let so much out to any one person, talking about this and that. He said :

"Oh, and, I've mentioned this before, haven't I?"....meaning he has these occasions with Yayoi no infrequently, and talks so much that he forgets if he's told her something in his daily life. NOT a good start.

They've refrained from showing anything beyond kissing, but I still think it's suggestive that they've made out every time.

And the lick....I can't make out if it was sexy, wrong or scary.....

(edit: Bringing up the letter from last time, Yayoi's really making it seem like she ripped the letter out on purpose. If you consider her motives, it's convincing since she's already preying on Touya's emotions, slowly stealing him from Yuki. Well...not stealing, more like taking advantage.

But when you factor in the scene in the car last time where she was going to hand him the ex-manager's letter, she's got no reason to do that. The only thing that comes to mind is that she intended to hand him Yuki's original letter.

BUT....if you looked at the bin in the flashback, there wasn't any other ripped-up letters, and if memory serves right, there were TWO letters addressed to Yayoi-sama. So, she only decided to rip one (the unread one?) up, and crumple the other, or she intentionally tore up Yuki's.

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-18-2009, 03:39 AM
I still think Yayoi ripped up Yuki's letter as part of the procedure Eiji has laid out, and then pondered giving Touya her own letter in a small moment of weakness. It isn't like she had it out in hand, only to look at it and realize it was the wrong letter. She knew it was the one addressed to her.

She's playing it strong to the Rina's old manager, but I think it really bothers her, either on a personal level or for her charge. She may believe that she is failing at her job again, or that she isn't really as stoic as she portrays herself.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-18-2009, 04:02 AM
The scene at the car when Yayoi was holding the letter may also suggest that she just realized that the letter she was holding was the wrong one. For a moment, the camera focuses on the addressee text, then Yayoi hesitates.

This can mean two things. One, she mistakenly tore up the wrong letter, and realized too late (and that her face is extremely stoic hiding surprise upon this realization), or two, she tore it up intentionally, and considered opening up to Touya about the stalking issue (which is supported by her "trembling" scene).

@Buff - I don't think Touya is "opening up" to Yayoi. It is just that Yayoi is so robot-like and unresponsive (aside from her sex toy function) that it is very easy to tell her things. It is not trust on Touya's part, but rather indifference on Yayoi's part that allows Touya to say those things. A mere object cannot judge, after all.

The tear licking thing was definitely sexy, and scary, but the only wrong part about it is how Touya's mouth was not moving despite all the weeping sounds he was making during the close up.

David75
Wed, 03-18-2009, 05:17 AM
an interresting idea could be she showed that letter to Touya to clear herself by saying something like: I showed the letter, but then we were caught in things and forgot about it.
It was before Rina rebuild that the original found in the basket.
But since now Rina is also hiding the fact that Yuki tried to contact Touya, she can't say anything anymore about it. She had the opportunity to, and decided otherwise.

What's interresting is that Rina didn't anticipate the fact that Touya could fall for Yayoi that much.

I'm still wondering if Yayoi is totally without feelings for Touya. It may be so, but it could be interresting she cares a little, in the future. At least for those wanting some drama to happen.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-18-2009, 06:03 AM
an interresting idea could be she showed that letter to Touya to clear herself by saying something like: I showed the letter, but then we were caught in things and forgot about it.
It was before Rina rebuild that the original found in the basket.
But since now Rina is also hiding the fact that Yuki tried to contact Touya, she can't say anything anymore about it. She had the opportunity to, and decided otherwise.

This part is interesting. I remember Rina putting the letter back together, reading, then crying "It's too late." The only real thing that happened between Yuki wanting to give Touya the letter and Rina reading it was that he bacame her manager.

From the bits and pieces of the letter, I'll wager it said that Yuki wants to be in top condition for the concert, so she's refraining from seeing him till Christmas. However, at her very first concert, she wants Touya to be there. To see the new Yuki she's worked so hard to become.

Now that he's Rina's manager, he will see Touya more often up till the concert, but he won't be there to see her show.

No doubt Rina chose not to reveal the truth to Touya (there's truth in this show?), but as things are now, It's too late.

Marik
Sun, 03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 12 (1280x720 h264) [890CA312].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2012%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5b890CA312%5d.mkv .torrent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 12 (XviD) [D2E5DED7].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2012%20%28XviD%29%20%5bD2E5DED7%5d.avi.torrent)

Nadouku
Sun, 03-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I was actually happy that Rina decided to fire that bastardous Touya, who's still letting Yayoi walk all over him like some escalade. I just don't know how much more faithful he can be to Yuki at this rate.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Rina didn't fire Touya because he is a bastard (don't get me wrong, he is and I hate his guts). She fired him so he could go to Yuki's concert, which she herself informed him of. The pained look in her face seemed to indicate that she already has an emotional attachment to Touya, enough for her to offer herself as Yayoi's replacement before, and enough for her to feel pain in letting Touya go to Yuki.

Touya crying while going at it with Yayoi is so stupid. Yayoi herself admitted that she tore up the letter, and then you make out with her? WTF.

Nadouku
Sun, 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Yea, I can't expect someone like Touya to undestand anything about commitment, but I didn't say that he was fired because he was a bastard. I was describing his characteristics. :p

Anyway, Touya is starting to remind me of Dominique from Gears of War 2. Remind Dominique of his wife and he'll start crying, like how Touya tears up when he's remembering Yuki, or some form of her, whatever seems to make his mind float.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM
I know what you meant. What I was pointing out is that you shouldn't be happy about him being fired since it was actually for his sake. You practically said "I am happy because Rina just helped Touya out despite him being a bastard."

Nadouku
Sun, 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
It was more like "I am happy that Rina doesn't get involved with Touya any further because Rina would only suffer if she continues to be around him, even if she is to lose her attachment to him." Of course, this could be nulled in the next season of White Album, but we'll see. I just don't like good characters like Rina to develop any feelings for Touya, to be honest.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I get what you are trying to say, but I am also hesitant to agree because that would mean that Rina would get the short end of the stick. While Touya is a bastard, Rina getting dumped by him actually sounds much worse than them getting together.

animus
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:38 AM
You guys are raging too much. Sure, Touya is an ass and he cheated. But, can you blame him? I don't, or well not as much as you guys seem to hate him.

edit: The anime's taken a huge nose dive into a pile of shit, btw.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah I can blame him, and yeah, I hate him more than normal. That's because I simply dislike cheaters, especially if the partner is as nice as Yuki.

I don't really think the anime has gone bad. I think it just went... weird? I am still looking forward to the developments, so it is still interesting.

Nadouku
Mon, 03-23-2009, 01:50 AM
I only hate Touya because of his indecisive nature. He confesses his love for Misaki, then lets Yayoi walk all over him, and then he cries about every moment that someone mentions "Yuki" or when he talks about her. He needs to do something, which he seems to be doing by getting tickets to her concert (through other sources).

MFauli
Mon, 03-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Hadnt he cried all the time, iŽd really like Touya by now. Awsome guy. XD

But wtf is happening, some guy stabs Misaki with a knife, she luckily had a book inbetween, and her friend, who didnt do anything to protect her, starts laughing in a matter of complete madness.

Man, if Misaki had died here, the series would have instantly shifted into being like "school days"

Marik
Mon, 03-23-2009, 10:26 AM
her friend, who didnt do anything to protect her, starts laughing in a matter of complete madness.

That was my favorite part. Touya managed to save Misaki while not even being there. That drove Akira insane. He probably lost any chance he had with Misaki, since he didn't even try protect her.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
I liked that part as well, Akira is such a douche. He refuses when Touya tries to encourage him and Misaki being together, gladly takes her when Touya rejects her, then gets all possessive, but won't do a damn thing for her. He deserves every bit of being shown up by someone who's not even around.

But my favorite part was when Rina read Yuki's letter from memory. Absolute silence (the score has otherwise been very well placed in each scene) and a really good performance by Mizuki Nana. There was a lot of subtly aside from what looks like just a simple reading. The shot just zooms in, so all the emphasis is placed on Yuki's words through the more expressive Rina, while she recites it with such intense concentration. We got more character development for Yuki in those shot minutes than we have gotten for the rest of the series. I also enjoyed the part where Yuki correspondingly tried not to break down and failed.

The rest of it was hit or miss. Mana's mother being the other company president was interesting. It sheds another light on Mana because perhaps due to her own connections, we might expect Mana to believe Touya knows not one but two idols all the more easily. Yet she remains the largest skeptic.

Touya getting three tickets as everyone found out he never got one was very cliche and lame.

Otherwise, I don't really think this anime has taken a nosedive. It's only preparing to break into a second season. It still remains a far more realistic drama series than any anime romance series. By now we should have expected Rina to break down and hug Touya from behind, Misaki to accidentally end up with her boobs in Touya's face, Yayoi to break down and show some disgustingly cute side to her, and Mana to realize that Touya wasn't lying, all ending with Yuki and Touya reuniting in the rain.

Instead, Yuki has forcibly separated herself from him, Mana likes him enough to help out his twisted fantasy but won't believe a single thing he says while secretly keeping to herself that she has a crush on him, Yayoi is still a robot skank who coerces Touya to cheat on Yuki because he is a dumbass, Misaki is forcing herself to try and be attracted to someone else, and Rina is starting to unravel more and more, hurt that Touya is cheating on Yuki (perhaps because it is not with her?), hurt that her plans to keep them together are backfiring, and losing her pride because he keeps rejecting her.

It's slow, but in a very good way.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Haruka was not the least annoying this episode, because guess who took her place?

/rhetorical question.

What pissed me off was how he told Rin that she just drives him home from time to time. So you'd do her, but won't admit it, then feel bad for your girl while continuing to do the other.

Right. Real tears of regret. As Yayoi said, "If you don't want it, why don't you resist me?"

Like Ryll and Marik, I totally enjoyed Akira's reaction. He's annoying in his own right, and his jealousy's off the charts right now, but that's what makes him interesting. Misaki seems genuine enough to him. He should just drop this shit with Touya, but he won't, so I'm totally waiting for Misaki to bitch-slap him one.

Master punching Touya over his actions was really powerful, because even he who remains quiet and doesn't meddle in others' affairs couldn't bear Touya's cowardly actions.

animus
Mon, 03-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess I'll play the Devil's Advocate a bit.

Sure I dislike Touya too, but I don't hate him that much. Sure he cheated on Yuki. They're practically in a long distance relationship. She wanted to pursue her dreams, and in one of the episodes where Touya recalls Yuki being the everyday, they had only met once total. Being the Devil's Advocate, I can see how Yuki can be considered, say selfish. She pursued her dreams, her career, and expected to keep Touya, who as we know is head over heels for her.

Besides, she breaks up with Touya over a letter anyways, and basically says she'll continue her career and she wants to be reborn so that Touya can even love her more. Now, that's weird.

Marik
Sun, 03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
[Eclipse] White Album - 13 (1280x720 h264) [20D97704].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2013%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b20D97704%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] White Album - 13 (XviD) [497CC119].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20White%20Album%20-%2013%20(XviD)%20%5b497CC119%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Sun, 03-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Odd episode to say the least I guess. Typical cliffhanger for the second season.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Next winter? Damn, that sucks.

narutosharingan
Sun, 03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Interesting I guess. The pace I think ended better than it started. Akira at least talked to Touya at the end, though that's mainly because it was an emergency.

Touya finally pushed Yayoi away...took him long enough. Though, she still came back to his apartment..I wonder what that was for.

MFauli
Mon, 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Just saw ep13.

Daaaamn,...this is like School Days, only with a really honest boy as lead. You just cant blame him if he gives in at some point in the future. All the girls keep jumping at him, all while everyone knows that Yuki is his girl friend.

And, and did i say that Haruka totally looks like Eureka from Eureka Seven?

Nadouku
Mon, 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
More in more, it was expected that the series would end this way for the second season. It was an alright episode, I guess. Touya didn't piss me off as much as he did last few episodes, though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Mana and Rina completely stole this episode.

Rina for her completely driven push to show up everyone else on that night, including Yuki by playing at two venues in a single night, pleasing all her fans and performing a stunt that is sure to be talked about for some time.

Even then, Mana took the episode from her. From her obviously horrible excuses for being at his place (that Touya wasn't dumb enough to even think twice about) to her heartfelt little weeps as she tried to run away, and then finishing it all off all snuggled up in a blanket with only her face showing.

Touya's father collapsed some time ago, if I'm not mistaken it was at least three days prior. I'm thinking he's pretty dead. I did love when Akira pulverized Haruka's bike.

Pandadice
Tue, 03-31-2009, 03:25 AM
well I enjoyed this episode. i thought it was probably one of the better ones.

yeah, was definitely expecting a cliffhanger setup for the second half like that. all well. until next winter.

glad to see Yuki so happy, especially with Touya. which just makes the unanswered phone call at the end sad.

ahh, Mana was so cute this episode. I think she definitely fits the tsundere type, and since she does so well I kind of hate to say it, but I think she's my favorite girl. Maybe I just have a thing for pig-tails.

then finishing it all off all snuggled up in a blanket with only her face showing.

ahaha, she's all snuggled up in the blanket. that was awesome.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-31-2009, 03:47 AM
Touya's father collapsed some time ago, if I'm not mistaken it was at least three days prior. I'm thinking he's pretty dead. I did love when Akira pulverized Haruka's bike.

The only time I remember him "collapsing" was when he was making his way upstairs and consequently smashed the picture of his wife was holding. (Episode 10, ~3min in). The newspapers in that episode were all dated Dec 1st....so unless he recovered from that and collapsed at a later date...he's been gone for nearly a month.

ahaha, she's all snuggled up in the blanket. that was awesome.

"You're not getting anything out of me except for sweat"....:o

Rina's still my favourite character. I think I just like the more mature-looking divas. Her determination to stay on top shone with her "It's not over yet", while the others cried (perhaps it's their first concert?) . Mana's a close second, for all sorts of reasons.

Though, she still came back to his apartment..I wonder what that was for.

Touya left his present from Yuki in her car, which turned out to be a phone with an answering machine, since he never does.

Nice episode, though I'm a bit cut we only heard Yuki's song. When the focus is just on one, you don't nearly get the same sense of competition. Prove me wrong, but they made her fans cheer louder too. I was looking forward to Rina's song the most, as she was continually stuffing up when Touya was around.

Winter seems like a good theme for this show. Too bad when it airs, it'll be hot, steamy (more often than not, just nice, hot) summer here.

Marik
Tue, 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM
[Nipponsei] White Album Character Song 1 - Morikawa Yuki [Hirano Aya].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%20Character%20Song %201%20-%20Morikawa%20Yuki%20%5BHirano%20Aya%5D.zip.torren t)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
[Nipponsei] White Album Character Song 2 - Ogata Rina [Mizuki Nana].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%20Character%20Song %202%20-%20Ogata%20Rina%20%5BMizuki%20Nana%5D.zip.torrent)

Pandadice
Sat, 10-03-2009, 02:24 AM
episode 1 of season 2 is out :D

[gg]​_White​_Album​_-​_14​_[2BFA2D83].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5Bgg%5D_White_Album_-_14_%5B2BFA2D83%5D.mkv.torrent)

it's out by gg. some might want to hold off and see if Eclipse will be doing this, for consistencies sake. though i just went with them.

-

the episode was pretty much exactly like the first season. if there was something you liked/disliked about the first season, chances are it's still here.

i thought it was a pretty good introduction back into the series. at first i was pretty lost, without remembering much of what happened at the end of the first season. But by the end of this episode i was definitely back into the White Album mindset.

Marik
Sat, 10-03-2009, 05:32 AM
at first i was pretty lost.
Yeah, me too, especially when they went to the apartment to pick up this Menou girl. I was sitting here thinking, I don't remember her at all. Mana's mom sure beat her down good, though. If that one guy hadn't intervened, it would have turned into a crime scene.

I'm guessing that the girl that came to visit her in the storeroom is going to be the new Yuki. She seems like she could be the amateur type they're looking for to compete against the Rina/Yuki combo.

Poor Yuki. She doesn't seem to realize how much screwing around (literally) is going on behind her back. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out.

Rina is still my favorite. I enjoyed the song she was singing on the TV screen immensely.

Pandadice
Sat, 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah definitely, when it like turned into a music video, and it had the dude with the guitar on his back, that was really cool

Marik
Sat, 10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
yeah definitely, when it like turned into a music video, and it had the dude with the guitar on his back, that was really cool
Yeah, I think that was Eiji when he was younger. When he stood up with the guitar in his hand, I thought he was going to smash that painting to bits, but he called Franky instead. It was kind of weird hearing him being referred to as something other than "Master".

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I find myself surprised to see that all the hatred I harbored toward Misaki last season has totally shifted onto Yuki.

Yuki just comes off woefully immature, a fitting match for Touya I suppose, while Misaki has gotten over whatever obnoxious funk she was in and became responsible and mature. Calling out Touya for being an asshole was quite impressive. Misaki seems to have developed a great deal of confidence in only a matter of days. Yuki doesn't seem to have made nearly as much progress as they made it out to be after her concert. She's gotten even more pathetic by comparison. Everything she did this episode just screamed...child.

Sharply contrasting Menou. It does seem like she will leave the Sakura Girls and strike out on her own, perhaps either supporting the singer/songwriter girl, or performing with her. It seemed like they added them both to the ED (unless all those dark haired girls were young Yayoi!), so I guess they will be playing major roles soon.

Rina was just really confusing this episode. They didn't fill us in on what she was worried about. I'd like to see more of her, and especially her with Touya instead of Yayoi, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Touya of course, is rather weak willed as always. Pathetic.

Rina's song by the way, is SOUND OF DESTINY, and was released last season as a single with another song.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Aww, what the hell.

White Album added to the Crunchyroll Fall Lineup (http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-569292/white-album-added-to-the-fall-lineup/)

How can they do so many shows that they didn't even do the first seasons of? Way to screw both watchers of fansubs and your paying members.

Marik
Fri, 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I heard about this earlier when Koda announced that they dropped it. No one else released White Album 14 besides gg, so HorribleSubs is my only hope now.

http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/10/09/white-album-confirmed-for-crunchyroll/

Edit: Wow, CR has 13 of the new fall shows. That's pretty insane.

01. Letter Bee
02. Asura Cryin' 2
03. Natsu no Arashi 2
04. Sora no Otoshimono
05. Book of Bantorra
06. Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu 2
07. Miracle Train
08. Sasameki Koto
09. 11eyes
10. Shin Koihime Musou
11. Fairy Tail
12. White Album
13. Shugo Chara Party!

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I might just have to bend over and take it by paying those assholes at this rate. I'll be supporting the creators at least. I don't really have an legitimate excuse against it since CR works in my region.

Problem is...I've got a good feeling they will screw up White Album because they don't seem to bother with insert songs, and I wonder how they will sub Touya's thoughts written out on the screen.

But at the very least it will break immersion with their generic fonts scrawled across the top of the screen instead of nicely woven in like quality fansubs did.

...shit.

Marik
Mon, 10-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Ugh, White Album won't start on CR until Wed at 3:30 eastern, even though 14 has already been subbed and a raw for 15 has been out since Friday. I hope someone subs 15 before then.

Pandadice
Mon, 10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
so are thye just gonna up the whole of season 1, and then simulcast season 2? will they be starting with episode 14? so like, we have to wait for them to air ep 14, and then they're gonna be like 2 weeks behind the actual airing of the show?

ugg, i'm so confused.. why did they have to go and pick this up...

Marik
Mon, 10-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Episodes 14 & 15 are going up at the same time. The countdown timer on each is the same.

Marik
Wed, 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
[HorribleSubs] White Album 2nd Season - 01 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=90829)
[HorribleSubs] White Album 2nd Season - 02 [480p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=90830)

CrunchyRoll put up episode 1 of the first season as well.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I can't blame CR's translation for the confusion of this episode. Their translation wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, even if it lacked a certain elegance.

I seriously have no clue what the hell went on here. I'm hoping I wasn't meant to.

So this is what I got out of this episode...

- Akira: Still an asshole.
- Touya: Still a scumbag.
- Yuki: Still annoying.
- Yayoi: Still a robot skank.
- Misaki: Still obsessed with Touya.
- Touya's Dad: Still in love with Misaki (hopefully in a daughter-in-law way).
- Ogata: Still ultra-secretive.
- Mana & Haruka: Still not yuri?
- Rina: Still too small a part!

Arcn3ss
Thu, 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I am still disappointed Eclipse isnt releasing this show.

I'd like to see someone release a 720p verion of it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I am still disappointed Eclipse isnt releasing this show.

I'd like to see someone release a 720p verion of it.
[Otakixus] White Album II - 02 (1280x720_x264_AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=91105)

Marik
Mon, 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 16​ [H264-720p] [79252890].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_16_%5BH264-720p%5D%5B79252890%5D.mkv.torrent)

They did episode 15 also.

[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 15v2​ [H264-720p] [1403AF89].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_15v2_%5BH264-720p%5D%5B1403AF89%5D.mkv.torrent)

Pandadice
Mon, 10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
16 = S2 ep 3, right? all this continuing from the first seasons episode numbering is throwing me off x_x.

alright! still like 2 days until a CR release, but a subs already out. this is awesome :D

Marik
Mon, 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, Episode 16 is the third ep of the second season. It won't be on CR until Wednesday, so it was nice to see it two days ahead of time.

Marik
Mon, 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 17​ [H264-720p] [55D976C5].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_17_%5BH264-720p%5D%5B55D976C5%5D.mkv.torrent)

[Nipponsei] White Album 2nd Season OP Single - Mugen [Mizuki Nana].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%202nd%20Season%20O P%20Single%20-%20Mugen%20%5BMizuki%20Nana%5D.zip.torrent)

[Nipponsei] White Album 2nd Season ED Single - Akai Ito [Suara].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20White%20Album%202nd%20Season%20E D%20Single%20-%20Akai%20Ito%20%5BSuara%5D.zip.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this show right now. Or why everybody likes Touma.

I don't think Akira's been a bitch even once this season.

Menou looks much more like Yayoi than Mana.

Right now the biggest problem I'm having with this show is the seemingly lack of coherency. Stuff's just happening for the sake of happening. I don't see any reasoning or point behind it.

Marik
Mon, 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
[TMD-Raze] White Album - 18 [h264-720p] [0722D715].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_18_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B0722D715%5D.mkv.torrent)

--

[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 14​ [h264-720p] [F037DAC0].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_14_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5BF037DAC0%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-02-2009, 06:50 PM
White Album has become too cryptic for its own good.

- Touya's formerly asshole father is now suddenly become some bedridden sage of all knowledge, seemingly knowing everything about everyone all because of a heart attack.

- They still won't even hint at what Yuki in the Forest means to her and Touya's relationship, why it comes off as so vital that Touya needs to remember it, why it even matters at this point, and why his father knows so much about it.

- Yayoi's stalker. Some guy she knew, paparazzi, what? I don't really see the point in taking pictures of her and Touya, given that Ogata Productions has all but quashed word of Yuki and Touya having a relationship. Why would it really matter that Touya is sucking face with Yuki's robot manager? It's not really that big of a scandal given how little exposure Touya x Yuki has.

- Menou. Again, why the big focus? She's not going to compete with Rina, they even said they were collaborating now that she has joined M&M Music. I suppose she would have been a fitting rival for Yuki, but again, now that Rina joined the same company, she has a much bigger pull and draw than Menou, unless she really is that good of a singer. Then again, they have implied the girl who actually writes Menou's songs (one thing the audience knows that the characters don't!) is phenomenal. I don't see the reasoning behind splitting the rivalry.

- The master at Echoes never says a thing, even when he should. A potential fire might be worth mentioning aloud instead of staring at your absent minded employee until he notices you.

- The deal with the painting. Some parts of it seem obvious, but I'm sure this series is being stupidly vague on purpose.

There are so many little dumb mysteries for mystery sake that I don't care about the answers to most of them anymore. Even Rina finally making her move didn't really make an impression. They had better start giving out answers soon.

Marik
Mon, 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I really enjoyed the ending to Ep 18. Touya is hitting everything that moves. It would have been even better if Yuki had walked in on them while they were going at it.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Touya is a total manslut. I forgot to include that in my rant.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I have nothing to discuss, because honestly, I don't think there's anything I understand. I think my confusion started after Rina dug out that letter.

Pandadice
Thu, 11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
yeah it seems like there's all this stuff going on, but I must've missed something with it all.. it all seems to fabricated and forced. so unnatural. I don't even know whats going on with that aspect of this show.

\but as for the dude-playing-lots-of-chicks, that was pretty bada t the end when he kissed her D:.

man, they almost made it.. they almost made an entire episode where no one cried.. but no, they had to have her pour some tears just before the end...

this episode seemed to drag a lot. if there was some part of it that was supposed to draw me into it, then I missed it...

Marik
Mon, 11-09-2009, 05:15 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 19​ [h264-720p] [8C82B3B1].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_19_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B8C82B3B1%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
What the hell just happened? This episode felt like a completely different series than the episodes of this season up until now. It felt more like the old White Album I enjoyed over-analyzing finally returned.

Small things:
- Misaki running away from Akira after he kissed her.
- Haruka digging up a tennis racket?

I guess I was completely wrong about Rina easily clinching the spot for the Venus festival. She's pretty much been relegated to fallen idol status in M3. She even had to push to keep her worthless manslut around. I do like the atmosphere around it though, like she has to suddenly start completely over from scratch, her old fame almost like a dream she had. Back to riding the train incognito, singing backup for other idols (strangely less famous ones), etc.

I also really loved the scene with her and the two former Sakura Girls members, the younger looking one actually turning out to be older than Rina is. When they were both performers, Rina had all of the maturity that the others lacked, and now with the former-leader becoming a manager, it almost feels like a role reversal. It seemed very awkward, yet fitting at the same time. If the blond girl (Sarii) still fails, I bet Rina wouldn't mind having the leader one (Ayako) be her manager. They seemed to have a good rapport with each other. It doesn't hurt having a former idol as a manager, they already know all of the experiences an idol can go through.

The whole thing with Menou was very strange. She went from a super obscure character earlier on, to one of the most interesting. She even has a similar past with Touya to the one that has been implied with Yuki since the beginning of the series. It seems she has known him for some time. Her personality switched to a completely different person too. When she was alone with Touya, she became so much brighter than she usually is, filled with much more energy and even a playful mischief. It evaporated each time Rina showed up, so there should be no doubt that she has considerable interest in Touya now that he's back on her radar, and sees other girls as a very active threat. She looked very predatory touching that pole.

As for Yuki, I don't really have anything notable to say about her, since I find her as interesting as...I can't actually think of an analogy for something less interesting. A bit of psycho behavior though. She is really frustrating because she never explains a damn thing about what is bothering her. Her past with Touya, her current troubles, why she never does anything about it but "wait" and weep alone. She might be more interesting if she wasn't such a two-dimensional character these past 19 episodes.

I'm glad W.A. is finally starting to get itself together again.

Pandadice
Sat, 11-14-2009, 11:05 PM
ep 7 (20) is out by horriblesubs.

[Horriblesubs]: Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19JQ5726) - Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=98430)

-

well, this is very interesting indeed.

I suppose CR finally realized it's ridiculous for them to advertise simulcasting subs, when they air this show half a week after it airs in Japan.

only 3 days after they aired 19.. mm

however, I watched their version of 15 (i think it was?) and I was very disappointed with it. I will be waiting for [TMD-Raze]

Pandadice
Mon, 11-16-2009, 02:58 AM
episode 20 is out from TMD-Raze

[TMD-Raze]​_White​_Album​_-​_20​_[h264-720p][17C3A194].mkv (http://t.bt.is-ingenio.us/t/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_20_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B17C3A194%5D.mkv.torrent)

Marik
Tue, 11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 21​ - 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_21_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B29B3187F%5D.mkv.torrent) | 400p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_21_%5Bh264-400p%5D%5B0CDD6C64%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-26-2009, 05:22 AM
So let me get this straight. Not only did Misaki's creepy stalker stab her, he in fact did not attempt to rape her, he succeeded, and got her pregnant? WTF! She's doesn't seem to be entirely innocent either, since apparently she has been extorting money from them to cover it up (or someone is telling his father she is).

Or were they talking about an arranged marriage with someone else? His father did mention idols for some reason.

Haruka suddenly re-entering the picture and being "reborn" aside (since she's not even remotely interesting by comparison to any of the other girls), the highlight was definitely Mana's breakdown. It was pretty well done. It was also shocking, considering that she hadn't ever been actually lied to the entire time.

Touya told her repeatedly and for once I can't recall him ever lying to Mana (quite the contrary to the other girls), and while her mother accused him of being a philanderer, which was more true than she knows, interestingly enough, it didn't disagree with Touya's story at all, it was exactly what he said. Yet, Mana was devastated by it. Did she somehow like Touya's, "cute lies" about relationships with idols? I'm not quite clear why she was so deeply hurt by it. Mana was very happy about the present too, it was cute how she denied any interest in it while Touya would still be around, she was obviously very happy until her mother revealed Touya had never lied to her.

Also, we almost got to see some real emotion from President Kanzaki. For how mean she is to everyone, and how hard she is on Mana, she actually does love her daughter. She won't let the negative PR hurt her (by not calling the police), but she pulled in damn near every person she knows that knows Touya to force him to find Mana. She very nearly cried. I took her calling Yuki during her practice session as the most telling and desperate. Huge breech in etiquette and protocol calling a rival's lead act and interrupting valuable lesson time. Kanzaki would have torn someone's head off if someone had done that to her. So she does actually care, she just doesn't show it, and doesn't ever want to come off as weak.

I hate this show. Each episode shows half a dozen cryptic things that they won't even mention again for another 3 episodes. I knew when they showed Touya in the bathroom that Shinozuka would show up and perform one of her creepy kisses, heh.

Marik
Sun, 11-29-2009, 07:25 AM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 22 - 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_22_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B15A53673%5D.mkv.torrent) | 400p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_22_%5Bh264-400p%5D%5B87B8B138%5D.mkv.torrent)

Marik
Mon, 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 23v2​ - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=102662) | 400p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=102665)

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I would say that I missed any episode, except for the fact that the gaps were in the episode itself.

What the hell is with the pacing all of a sudden? First Christmas to New Year's takes like 4-5 episodes, and now partway through an episode, it jumps from a little after New Year's to a few days after Valentine's Day!

I feel like I missed a huge swath of material. Misaki and Touya hooking up over the death of his father, and now breaking up again, Rina and the President slowly getting on more friendly terms, and a bunch of random stuff with Haruka. Strangely, it didn't look like there was any development with Mana from the time she took the exam to a few months later when Touya took her out to congratulate her. Like she was in stasis for two months. Not to mention that it looks like Rina is coaching Menou's stand in for the actual performance while Menou destroys her own career (for whatever reason).

Chronologically, this episode as all over the place. I did like finally getting some info on the Echo's Master, as well as clearing up the relationship between Menou, Yuki and Touya a bit. By the president's words, even Mana used to play with Touya, she was just too young to remember it.

Akira should have known better. He didn't even stop before the intersection, and any cyclist knows that cars don't give a shit about them. Quite frankly, he got what he deserved.

The stuff with the Dad still pisses me off, what the hell was going on there with Yuki? He was trying to force her to compliment Touya for him because he was too proud to not try and be an asshole to his son all the time? That scene made him off to look like some kind of weird pedophile. It looks like he may have actually forced Touya and Yuki together for some reason, perhaps because she used to board in his home. Perhaps this wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if Touya had naturally gotten together with Menou or something. Menou seems to remember their youth very favorably, while Touya barely remembers her at all.

Either way, even if Yuki is Touya's "official" girlfriend, the way they never spend any time together makes it come off that their relationship is one of unrequited love from Yuki's side, and some strange obligation on Touya's side. I don't know why they haven't broken up after all this time. He never spends time with her, never calls her back, never even speaks to her, is only sad when he even thinks about her, and comes off as generally happier with every other girl in the damn series!

/rant

shinta|hikari
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
So Rina hates Touya now? He deserves it, but I don't know how I feel about Rina's situation. On one hand, I am glad she won't end up with that bastard. On the other hand, she is probably quite unhappy inside being cheated on by someone she likes. Still, she has no right to complain since she practically stole Touya from Yuki as well (at least from Yuki and Rina's perspective). She probably knew what she was getting into, having heard about stuff concerning Yayoi from Yuki herself.

Touya needs to die or suffer something horrible before this show ends.

I wonder why Mfauli is not in this thread worshiping the dirt Touya walks on.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
So Rina hates Touya now? He deserves it, but I don't know how I feel about Rina's situation.
I'm not entirely sure that that is the case. Between the time his father died and the present (day after Valentine's Day), she put him on leave because he was obviously upset about his father's death, even though they only showed him losing it in front of Misaki. Not that he was of much use to Rina anyway, but he was even more than useless. Rina also seemed focused on assisting Menou's Stand In after openly saying she knew what was going on.

She pushed Touya away months earlier in the cab. She seemed to respect that the president and Menou were keeping the truth hidden, and didn't want Touya to know about it for some reason.

I don't think Rina hates him, she just found other things to occupy her time while Touya was in grief and being more useless than normal. She doesn't seem to mind most of his dalliances with other girls, like you said, she basically is one herself anyway.

I'm not quite certain she knows about Touya and Yayoi either. From what we've seen, only Misaki really knows about it for sure. At best Rina might suspect it, but for the most part Yayoi has been very careful. Rina may or may not know about his most recent tryst with Misaki though.

Marik
Wed, 12-16-2009, 02:44 AM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 24​ - 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_24_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B8F180DE1%5D.mkv.torrent) | 400p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_24_%5Bh264-400p%5D%5BB46BB629%5D.mkv.torrent)

v2 patch - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2YHYERF) | RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/323716723/_TMD-Raze__White_Album_-_24v2_Patch.zip)

Pandadice
Thu, 12-17-2009, 03:48 PM
rofl at when the dude told the chick to stop singing. that was so unexpected xD.

wow.. she kisses another dude, flips out, and runs all the way to his house so she can cry on his shoulder. meanwhile, he's banging every chick he bumps into on the street. pretty obvious who's really committed in their relationship ;)

Marik
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
rofl at when the dude told the chick to stop singing. that was so unexpected xD.
Indeed. I couldn't help but laugh, though.

It's weird how Menou and Mana are sisters, but you never see them cross paths or mention each other. I wonder if Touya even knows that Menou is the older sister of his student. Now Yuki is on the scene and she's related to Menou too. I'm looking forward to seeing how they interact with each other.

I find it funny that they spent so much time on Touya's dad when he was in the hospital being all sage-like, but in the end, he had such an underwhelming death. There really wasn't much reaction to him dying or anything. He didn't even get a funeral that was shown or even a scene at his grave site. It was just "Misaki, my dad died, so let me bang you." At least we got a scene of his stuff being moved....

It looks like Rina's chances of performing at the Venus Festival are now slim to none. She was hacking up something pretty fierce, so things aren't looking good on her end. :( Damn that fat ex-manager and Tamaru.

Akira is still alive, damn.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-20-2009, 10:15 AM
TMD-Raze - Episode 25 SD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104810) | HD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104811)

I'll probably play catchup on this series soon.

Marik
Tue, 12-22-2009, 05:13 AM
It's really disheartening to see Rina stuck in the hospital like that. I was hoping to see a showdown between her and Yuki at the Venus Festival.

Marik
Sat, 12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 26​ - 720p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_26_%5Bh264-720p%5D%5B86657149%5D.mkv.torrent) | 400p (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BTMD-Raze%5D_White_Album_-_26_%5Bh264-400p%5D%5B8198FD07%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Despite this entire season being a complete mess, they managed to resolve a lot with the single missing piece of Touya's memory. It turned what had been a confusing cryptic disaster into a manageable ending. I'm actually surprised how well it worked out once that memory was in place and thoroughly discussed with Akira.

Touya realized that Yuki has only ever been the true goddess, and Akira made him realize that all the others had been substitutes. Haruka will always be a little sister, Menou an older one (or an unrelated onee-san), Rina the older sister of a friend, Mana the much younger neighborhood girl with a crush on him, and Misaki a childhood friend.

They don't show the girl he meets in the end, but judging from the mirror, Rina is abandoning her pursuit for Yuki's sake. It makes sense, because no matter how much I would have liked to see Rina and Touya get together, she really didn't have that much screen time, and it was never meant to happy. Rina and Yuki are sisterly relationship, and that's kind of the way that Touya looks at her. He might be attracted to her, but she's that unobtainable girl one only sees on holidays or breaks. One that is nice to desire, but never realistically pursued.

I enjoyed the reuniting of the two sisters a lot. That they are sisters despite being separated for so long was fairly undeniable once the two were together in Echoes. They clash the way sisters do, but they both still like the same things and have similar tastes. It's still tough for me to get over that Menou is actually considerably older than Touya. She looks like she's Yuki's age, but she actually is probably older than Misaki. Mana has it too, so I guess that's just further proof they are sisters. Mana looks like she should be entering high school, but she's going to college. And with their mother apparently sacrificing herself to save Rina's brother, now they can go off and be a happy family.

That really only leaves Yayoi with a unresolved storyline, but she always sort of felt out of place. We did get a reaction out of her this episode, and she showed some actually emotion there during Yuki and Rina's performance.

All in all, not the best series, but they managed to pull through and make a decent ending out of it after all.

Marik
Mon, 12-28-2009, 06:40 AM
[LonE]​ WHITE​ ALBUM​ Character​ Song​ - Koiiro​ Sora [Hira​no​ Aya​].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Hirano_Aya_-_WHITE_ALBUM_Character_Song_Koiiro_Sora_%5Bw_scans %5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torrent)

[LonE]​ WHITE​ ALBUM​ Character​ Song​ - POWDER​ SNOW [Mizuki​ Nana​​].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Mizuki_Nana_-_WHITE_ALBUM_Character_Song_POWDER_SNOW_%5Bw_scans %5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torrent)