PDA

View Full Version : Fate\Stay night Manga

Xelbair
Fri, 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I can't find it, tried torrents, manga sites, irc, even 4chan, and i still can't find it.
So, anyone have got this manga?(i heard its based on UBW route of game)

Munsu
Fri, 01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
You can try and learn how to user IRC, and then go to the channel #lurk @ irc.irchighway.net

Here's the pack list for their bots:
http://gotlurk.net/

You can try visiting the site of all the scanlators listed here:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2010

Archangel
Fri, 01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Based on UBW ????

*cums in his pants*

Is it completed already or is it still being released?

Xelbair
Sat, 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
no idea, some time ago, 2 formats actually, i had first 3 chapters.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-05-2009, 02:58 PM
it came out december 2005 and has 6 volumes... I'm pretty sure it is finished.

edit: hmm wikipedia says
"The Fate/stay night manga, illustrated by Nishiwaki Datto, began serialization in the manga magazine Shōnen Ace, published by Kadokawa Shoten, on December 26, 2005. It is an adaption of the Fate/stay night visual novel, rather than the anime. In contrast to the anime, the manga focuses solely on the Unlimited Blade Works scenario of the game, and has refrained from pooling story elements from the sister scenarios, Fate or Heaven's Feel. Six bound volumes have been released in Japan."

I think if it is ongoing, it would say so.
please tell me when you find a mirror or something, since I don't use irc#

edit: ah nevermind... found it myself, seems like Beast Lair(?) is translating it (up to chapter 13 at the moment, that is in the middle of volume 3) they really have nice stuff on their page you can even listen to the character songs there.

http://fmt-manga.uni.cc/
or more directly
http://fmt-manga.890m.com/Fate-StayNightManga/fsn_dl.html

hmmm it is licensed and 1 volume is already out and the second will come this month... the third in April 2009 and the fourth in July 2009 :/ wow so if you want to buy it you'll have to wait till ~December for the 6th??

Kraco
Mon, 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I have first four volumes or so, as I'm not sure whether v4 is finished, and might not find out as the scans of v4 are so poor I don't want to read them. In any case it seems to me nobody is scanlating it anymore, except for Tokyopop since they licensed it. But from what I can see they have only released volume 1 so far, possibly volume 2.

After three volumes this looked like a pretty sad manga. 70% (just a number from my hat) of material has been cut, and I have no idea whatsoever how much sense it would make if I hadn't played the game and thus wouldn't already know everything. But you can imagine it wouldn't have nearly as big an impact... It's kind of annoying to read. I'd never buy it, as much as I love FSN. Or precisely because of that.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-06-2009, 06:10 AM
That sounds very disillusioning :(

I'll give it a try with the 13 chapters Beast Lair has translated and see what it's like before I buy it

Actually, I expected it to be like the anime, since it says that they have some material from Fate and HF in it and I was prepared for it to miss out some parts here and there from the game (which is normal) but if there is really so much missing, that someone could get problems understanding the storyline, then that's really sad to hear.. especially since the drawings look pretty good.

And could it be that they added a few fights here and there? Because I took some sample pages from volume 2 and 3 and I can neither remember Shirou fighting Toshaka like that, nor Saber fighting Rider at this level. So at the moment I can only judge from the pages I've seen, but they are really good. I hope you are wrong with your statement there Kraco ^^

Kraco
Tue, 01-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Who knows, maybe they only cut from the beginning. But nevertheless, I find it annoying how in the game and also in the anime you really get a good feeling how Shirou is living and how things are standing for him, who and what kind of people he knows, and then gradually gets to know new ones. But in this manga there's hardly any background in the beginning, and then lots of things are dealt with with a single frame or a couple at best. We all know how awesome and encompassing a world and setting Type-Moon created but this manga doesn't really show any of it. Dunno, maybe they are just really lazy at drawing frames or they want to finish it in as few books as possible to make sure people can buy it all.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
It's true, I just read the virst Volume.. his daily life wasn't presented at all.. I can only guess that they show it a bit in Volume 2 or so (with Sakura etc), since they seem to have a different order in presenting things (for example rin's ritual is at the beginning of volume 2 or ending of volume 1... (the anime and game had it in the very beginning)... basically the Manga starts 3 pages before Shirou meets Archer and Lancer for the first time (I didn't count them but I was there in like 1 minute) In the game you had a lot more to do until you come to that place, even if you leave out Rin's prolouge ( the manga is cleary focussed on Shirou's point of view)

However the explanatons so far were decent.. they were short but I doubt that someone has problems finding out what is going on... but as you already said it's missing out a lot to introduce the characters

there was only 1-2 pages about Shirou's past and foster father... it seemed a bit like they wanted to squeeze it in, so they can go on..
If you played the game or at least watched the anime, you are really favored here imho.

but(!) I can't say that the manga is bad either...it's really action packed and it doesn't get boring.